May 1, 2014 8:08 AM

R.I.P Meruem !!

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC

May 1, 2014 9:04 AM

Valaskjalf said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:
Were they secretly hinting to World War 2 events? You know.. the bombs..

And i wonder if King is alive.. would be kinda cool story progression to see him dead. But maybe the catlady could heal him... aahh idk :D

i just LOVE HOW I CANT PREDICT THE NEXT OUTCOME

if togashi is really "realistic heavy" with the bomb then wouldnt it have some sort of radiation poisoning like the whole hiroshima incident ... and if that is truly the case then pouf and youpi are goners from that radiation , if infact he really thought that deep

It's not a nuclear bomb, they even say in the episode that it didn't cost to much to make.

What? Cheap = not nuclear?
It was obviously a nuke and a reference to a certain incident (as if we have many), only it was compact i.e small to fit in a human and has a rose cloud rather than a mushroom :P

May 1, 2014 11:01 AM

Kiarika said:
IAnd, if that rose bomb is that powerfull why not use it from the start? So much hardwork along the arc for giving those excuses? D:

I'll tell you what I tell the others who ask that: just keep watching as it will explain in episode 131 or 132 I think why carelessly planting that particular bomb in the palace wouldn't be such a smart thing to do
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)

May 1, 2014 11:44 AM

Hunter x Hunter is an absolute masterpiece. Brilliant anime.

May 1, 2014 1:02 PM

Kiarika said:
IAnd, if that rose bomb is that powerful why not use it from the start? So much hardwork along the arc for giving those excuses? D:

OMG people are still on this?
They didn't know how bad the chimera situation was and the place is an independent nation/country or something which could start a war if they aren't careful.

By the time netero and the gang came to check it out pitou was already born, pouf and youpi were about to born and the queen was already preparing for the king.

And the higher ups in the government told netero to deal with it and he agreed even thou the hunter association will get blamed because he wants to fight after Colt came and told him he will lose he went to prepare (Zeno and the bomb)

May 1, 2014 1:58 PM

KitsuneKomugi said:
Kiarika said:
IAnd, if that rose bomb is that powerfull why not use it from the start? So much hardwork along the arc for giving those excuses? D:

I'll tell you what I tell the others who ask that: just keep watching as it will explain in episode 131 or 132 I think why carelessly planting that particular bomb in the palace wouldn't be such a smart thing to do

Or you could tell people to use their brains once in a while and actually think (all the information is already there to be found).... but that would be rude.
We can't say that... what's wrong with you? :P

TonyTonyStark said:
Valaskjalf said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

And i wonder if King is alive.. would be kinda cool story progression to see him dead. But maybe the catlady could heal him... aahh idk :D

if togashi is really "realistic heavy" with the bomb then wouldnt it have some sort of radiation poisoning like the whole hiroshima incident ... and if that is truly the case then pouf and youpi are goners from that radiation , if infact he really thought that deep

It's not a nuclear bomb, they even say in the episode that it didn't cost to much to make.

It was obviously a nuke and a reference to a certain incident (as if we have many), only it was compact i.e small to fit in a human and has a rose cloud rather than a mushroom :P

I wouldn't use the word "obviously". It was never explicitly stated it was an atomic bomb. All we know it was a small bomb with a powerful destructive force. It might be a bomb that resembles a nuclear one but isn't and might not even have radiation. We don't know how it's made in the universe of HxH.
Modified by Tyrel, May 2, 2014 2:48 AM
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

May 1, 2014 2:17 PM

soundscape said:
TonyTonyStark said:
Valaskjalf said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

I wouldn't use the word "obviously". It was never explicitly stated it was an atomic bomb. All we know it was a small bomb with a powerful destructive force. It might be a bomb that resembles a nuclear one but isn't and might not even have radiation. We don't know how it's made in the universe of HxH.

I would like to point that the NUKE was shown to have taken out cities just this episode.
Maybe not a metropolis, but a large town.
Modified by TonyTonyStark, May 1, 2014 2:48 PM

May 1, 2014 2:55 PM

TonyTonyStark said:
soundscape said:
TonyTonyStark said:
Valaskjalf said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

I would like to point that the NUKE was shown to have taken out cities just this episode.

So you are saying that just because it has been shown to have a destructive power of our world atomic bomb, it is safe to assume it is an atomic bomb? Well whatever let it be an atomic bomb then.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

May 1, 2014 3:05 PM

soundscape said:
TonyTonyStark said:
soundscape said:
TonyTonyStark said:
Valaskjalf said:
MShukyDeneuve said:
detectivekillua said:
Lylaaz said:

So you are saying that just because it has been shown to have a destructive power of our world atomic bomb, it is safe to assume it is an atomic bomb? Well whatever let it be an atomic bomb then.

I'm saying it being cheap doesn't make it safe to assume it isn't...
And the magnitude and fashion of which resembles one.

and...

May 1, 2014 3:10 PM

xmaikokoro said:
Yucari said:
It's seriously dangerous to read these threads if you haven't read the manga. How sad.

It's not that dangerous. The moment you realize it can potentially be a spoiler, just stop reading. Sometimes it's difficult, but for the guy that just posted the spoiler, I didn't read the spoiler and was still able to direct him to the right way to spoiler tag it (whether he does that in the future is up to him though). So it's not impossible to avoid spoilers even if you read these threads. Though it definitely isn't nice to create an environment in which a non-manga reader has to approach with caution.

I know, but I usually don't pay much attention to what I read because I skim through the posts, so I end up reading the spoilers before i realize that's what they are. Also sometimes it's hard to avoid clicking on the spoiler tags because my curiosity gets the better of me haha. :p

May 1, 2014 3:26 PM

It probably not atomic bomb, what i can take is that bomb most likely inspired by that incident, rose and mushroom and....

May 1, 2014 3:42 PM

@TonyTonyStark

Ok. Just it is exactly like the words you use. We "assume" and it "resembles". My point is that it is not obvious. But I don't care if it is or it isn't, either way it works for me... :P

May 1, 2014 10:52 PM

soundscape said:
@TonyTonyStark

Ok. Just it is exactly like the words you use. We "assume" and it "resembles". My point is that it is not obvious. But I don't care if it is or it isn't, either way it works for me... :P

We are not assuming in a sense that we're taking a shot at guessing, nor is "resembling" some loose similarities. Everything about the bomb is parallel to that of a nuclear warhead and nothing resembling otherwise.

May 1, 2014 11:29 PM

My pity for these ants is non-existent. I dunno if its the typical anime fan's inclination towards liking evil characters, or if you guys just have short-term memory, but...the King is still a cold-blooded murderer who killed his own kind. Yeah yeah, "but he was learning his humanity"! His plan was still nothing less than full-term supervillain-y of ruling the planet with terror, and treating humans like meat factories.

And Knov already told you about the guards. They're as "human" as the King allows them to be. Basically they'll turn into cold-blooded murderers at the snap of a finger.

And yeah, it's not that I don't understand the growth and development Togashi has put into this arc. I absolutely love it, in fact. But...I still don't give a fuck about a being who murdered a child just so he could eat their brains.

Hope Gon fucks Pitou up, too.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.

May 1, 2014 11:50 PM

Can somebody please give komugi a tissue so she could blow her nose.

May 2, 2014 2:56 AM

-GiaN- said:

It would be the biggest plot twist in hxh

May 2, 2014 3:01 AM
-GiaN- said:

I was she would die !

May 2, 2014 1:33 PM

-GiaN- said:
No escaping the snot~!
It's part of her character design. =P
Modified by GalekC, May 2, 2014 2:23 PM

May 2, 2014 2:11 PM

Dang it, Gon looked so scary in this ep.
Meruem. :'(
Komugi was cute though.
I don't follow any of the threads that i'm in.

May 3, 2014 10:55 AM

It felt as if this episode didn't have that much action, and the studio just wanted to drag it on. Kinda felt as if too less action being dragged on. It just wasn't that exciting as the others.

May 4, 2014 5:22 AM

SageShinigami said:
My pity for these ants is non-existent. I dunno if its the typical anime fan's inclination towards liking evil characters, or if you guys just have short-term memory, but...the King is still a cold-blooded murderer who killed his own kind. Yeah yeah, "but he was learning his humanity"! His plan was still nothing less than full-term supervillain-y of ruling the planet with terror, and treating humans like meat factories.

I really loath relativism and the fascination/obsession of people for gray characters.
I would agree with you if he was a human wanting to dominate the human specie.

But I also believe that a specie have the right to dominate others. So I don't see the ants as villains, but more like adversaries that can't coexist.

May 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Beautiful solemn episode, Madhouse switching the order of events is a genius move in this case...it built very good suspense. This episode began the best, most climatic finale part of Chimera Ant arc for me (and not because of Gon vs Pitou), I hope Madhouse can capture the urgency/thriller aspect of the following episodes really well and don't slow down the momentum. The next episode contained what is Togashi in his full troll glory, I'm really looking forward to it.

May 4, 2014 3:23 PM

kcaco said:
Beautiful solemn episode, Madhouse switching the order of events is a genius move in this case...it built very good suspense. This episode began the best, most climatic finale part of Chimera Ant arc for me (and not because of Gon vs Pitou), I hope Madhouse can capture the urgency/thriller aspect of the following episodes really well and don't slow down the momentum. The next episode contained what is Togashi in his full troll glory, I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope so too, Madhouse has really been doing the Chimera Ant arc a lot of justice, the ending of the arc is one the most beautiful and saddest things in anime for me and I hope Madhouse pulls out all the stops, the feels will hit you like a speeding car
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)

May 5, 2014 12:26 PM

SoulReaper4 said:
It felt as if this episode didn't have that much action, and the studio just wanted to drag it on. Kinda felt as if too less action being dragged on. It just wasn't that exciting as the others.

So it dragged on because nobody was fighting?

May 5, 2014 7:23 PM

Youpi and Pouf...2 drama queens! I found their screams to be more hilarious than sad.

Gon's eyes made me break out in a cold sweat.

Sent with Mal Updater

May 7, 2014 12:46 AM

Forever_A said:
SageShinigami said:

I really loath relativism and the fascination/obsession of people for gray characters.

But I also believe that a specie have the right to dominate others. So I don't see the ants as villains, but more like adversaries that can't coexist.

Amen to both of these! I'm glad Meruem is dead and I hope he stays dead! Though I do see the ants that try to conquer and kill humans as villains. Their not simply animals acting on their instincts. They are intelligent, sentient and they can choose whether or not to coexist with humans as demonstrated by octopus guy, chamelion guy and a few other ants.

Also, I'm really surprised at how scary Gon's become!
Love and Peace!!!

May 7, 2014 5:39 AM

DaydreamHero said:
Forever_A said:
SageShinigami said:

Amen to both of these! I'm glad Meruem is dead and I hope he stays dead! Though I do see the ants that try to conquer and kill humans as villains. Their not simply animals acting on their instincts. They are intelligent, sentient and they can choose whether or not to coexist with humans as demonstrated by octopus guy, chamelion guy and a few other ants.

Well to be fair even if they chose not to touch another humans hair i doubt human will accept such strong beings as the kings guard and the king to stay alive.
Humans will tolerate such coexistence only if they knew they where controllable. A creature like the king is too powerful for humans to accept coexisting with.
I think that is what Netero was thinking when he said it doesn't matter what the king will become and what side of his personality will win. Nothing the king could ever decide will change the fact that humans won't allow his existence.

May 7, 2014 9:33 AM

DaydreamHero said:
Forever_A said:
SageShinigami said:

It's not sympathy but empathy that is being evoked. Ants treat humans like humans treat other species. Some are genuinely sadistic and evil (perhaps thanks to the human side) but ants are just species trying to cope with things and assimilate into the order of things.

Once I understood that, THEN was I able to sympathize with them. How can I not with such sweet stories between them, like Komugi's? Now I see each side has its bad and good virtues, rather than the bad-turned-good tropes.
Just my thoughts on this.

May 13, 2014 9:14 PM

Damn, Gon's going hard. I guess not knowing Komugi's role in all of this gives him some leeway but I never would've thought he'd be taking hostages and threatening to kill innocents. I wonder if he'll go back to normal after Pitou is dealt with or if this is going to permanently alter his character.

May 14, 2014 4:30 PM

Seeing tears streaming down Pouf's face has given me a change of heart. I like him. He's true to his convictions.
Modified by Tyrel, May 14, 2014 4:34 PM

Jun 23, 2014 5:26 PM

"OOOOoooOOOOooOooOOU!!
-WOOOOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOOAAAAH!!
"
- Shauapouf & Monthuthuyupi 2011-2014

That being said, I felt legit bad for them when they found Meruem's roasted remains. Looks like Ants can suffer from loss of a loved one just as much as humans, after all. The Miniature Rose exposition was neat and pretty much confirmed Netero's last words.
Gon is too far gone (lol) and is not coming back. I don't even know who that kid is anymore. Even Pitou is scared by his cold resolve, when he/she's clearly stronger than him.
Modified by Sapewloth, Jun 23, 2014 5:36 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.

Jun 30, 2014 12:41 PM

Wow, that rose scene... Very well done... It captures the malice perfectly.
So that's where the pouf face came from... It was so awesomely expressed that I gotta repeat myself: Togashi draws the best expressions.

Holy shit, the King is charcoal... Now it's the royal guards, didn't think the arc would turn out like that...to kill him off in such a way... Very smart. I was worried they might bring in some lame power-up or something, but this is a relief.

BUT... On the other hand... I'm kind of underwhelmed that Meruem's death means his story with Komugi and development are unresolved... This is a major gripe for me tbh. That was one of the best parts of the arc. His last orders were to save her though, so that helps...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 30, 2014 1:15 PM

Lol too soon.

Jun 30, 2014 1:47 PM
soundscape said:

Lol too soon.

shhhh

Jun 30, 2014 1:55 PM

judals said:
So that's where the pouf face came from... It was so awesomely expressed that I gotta repeat myself: Togashi draws the best expressions.

Holy shit, the King is charcoal... Now it's the royal guards, didn't think the arc would turn out like that...to kill him off in such a way... Very smart. I was worried they might bring in some lame power-up or something, but this is a relief.

BUT... On the other hand... I'm kind of underwhelmed that Meruem's death means his story with Komugi and development are unresolved... This is a major gripe for me tbh. That was one of the best parts of the arc. His last orders were to save her though, so that helps...

Komugi finds Meruem's charred remains and offers him a life source through her snot.

Jun 30, 2014 7:15 PM

jreginald said:
judals said:

Komugi finds Meruem's charred remains and offers him a life source through her snot.

Eeewwwwww.

Jul 2, 2014 1:53 PM

Is he finally dead?
Wonder what happens to the other Chimera Ants now.

Jul 4, 2014 1:55 AM

SageShinigami said:

^Basically this. I can understand liking his relationship with Komugi, but how people are sympathizing with him is beyond me. We aren't animals. I don't consider him one either- Still, he was a very evil character.

That being said, the first scene showing all of the people that died because of that bomb was powerful. Just a reminder that humanity is far from perfect.

I wonder what the Royal Guard will do now. They seem extremely upset, which is understandable.

Oh, and I figure I'll throw this in here. I keep getting a bad vibe, even though I'm hoping it won't happen: If they somehow revive or save Meruem still, then I'm going to be pretty ticked off. That was a beautiful way to send him off and conclude his portion of the arc. Bringing him back would ruin it.

No idea why I feel like that might happen. It was bothering me during the entire second half of the episode, though.

Jul 6, 2014 9:03 AM

I don't believe Meruem is dead tho. That Gon... jesus, aways makes me cum.

Jul 12, 2014 12:36 PM

somehow im not entirely convinced that Meruem is dead, i wish he is but not because i dislike him but rather its just that i thought the previous ep was quite good an it was a decent way to conlude this average arc
anyways rather slow ep, looks like Kite issue is next, i think this guy is beyond any help at this point

Jul 22, 2014 2:31 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Reme-Chan said:
My fav part when they were screaming "OOOOOOOOOOOOOWWHHHHHH" LOL That's was funny for me XD

Jul 22, 2014 10:18 PM

I think Gon threatening to kill Komugi all those times is out of character for him. It's a minor thing, it definitely doesn't run anything. But still, I just thought I'd mention that.

Jul 22, 2014 10:28 PM

Shadow55 said:
I think Gon threatening to kill Komugi all those times is out of character for him. It's a minor thing, it definitely doesn't run anything. But still, I just thought I'd mention that.

It isn't. At all.

Jul 22, 2014 10:38 PM

Watashii said:
Shadow55 said:

It isn't. At all.

Why not?

Jul 22, 2014 10:52 PM

Shadow55 said:
Watashii said:

It isn't. At all.

Why not?

Why should he show any respect to Komugi? Why should he show any respect to Pitou? He's already shown before that he doesn't like how the Phantom Troupe treats each other like family but everyone else like dirt, and Pitou made it personal after she killed the man who was his role model.

Jul 22, 2014 11:01 PM

Watashii said:
Shadow55 said:

Why not?

Why should he show any respect to Komugi? Why should he show any respect to Pitou? He's already shown before that he doesn't like how the Phantom Troupe treats each other like family but everyone else like dirt, and Pitou made it personal after she killed the man who was his role model.

I understand that. And I agree, he certainly shouldn't show any respect to Neferpitou. What feels out of character to me is Gon even considering killing an innocent person, let alone making the threat of actually doing so. He can be upset at Neferpitou without making threats to Komugi's life.

Jul 22, 2014 11:26 PM
Shadow55 said:
I understand that. And I agree, he certainly shouldn't show any respect to Neferpitou. What feels out of character to me is Gon even considering killing an innocent person, let alone making the threat of actually doing so. He can be upset at Neferpitou without making threats to Komugi's life.

Gon is far, far, faarrr more than upset at Neferpitou. Did you forget Gon's demeanor when Morel 'tested' him before they get to the Republic of East Gorteau? As early as that time, Gon was ready to 'kill' anyone who gets in his revenge. The buildup was there, you just failed to see it.

Jul 22, 2014 11:26 PM

Shadow55 said:
Watashii said:

Gon sacrificed a guys life just to get a Tag off Hisoka. He even considered using Kurpika and Leorio as bait for the Tag when he saw Hisoka spot them. Gon tends to take advantage of situations whether it seemed good or bad. He also took Ponzu tag after saving her life.. lol

Jul 22, 2014 11:34 PM

fanimanga said:
Shadow55 said:

Gon is far, far, faarrr more than upset at Neferpitou. Did you forget Gon's demeanor when Morel 'tested' him before they get to the Republic of East Gorteau? As early as that time, Gon was ready to 'kill' anyone who gets in his revenge. The buildup was there, you just failed to see it.

Eh, yeah, I suppose you're right.

Also - I realize he's far more than just "upset" at Neferpitou lol. You knew what I meant though.

Aug 15, 2014 11:29 PM

That looks like a statue.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

Preview MangaManga Store