Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2014 7:42 AM

Nov 2013
So lately I've been seeing same number digits frequently wherever I am, it could be I'm eating breakfast and see 11:11 on the microwave clock, sometimes I randomly pick up my phone and see like 16:16 which btw I saw just now. I've had this for a good while and I haven't cared to the point of wanting to find out more and talk about it. I've read that seeing 11:11 means "you're on the right track" but last night I saw 22:22 on my phone and the battery was at 22%. I loled, seriously I don't do this conciously and I don't intentionally look when this happens. Do you have any clues as to what this could mean? Since I know about the 11:11 I'm thinking these may all be good signs. Also this can't be a coincidence because a coincidence is a chance occurrence that doesn't happen more than twice. This has been happening frequently and everyday. It doesn't fit with the definition of coincidence just so you don't fall back on that. Tell me what you guys think.
SCARY MONSTER
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 28, 2014 7:43 AM
Mar 2013
This has happened to me as well, but the timing for me is 12:34. Whether it's in the morning or at night I happen to glance at the clock when it's at this time.

It doesn't happen all the time though, but when it does it gets me thinking.
Apr 28, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2013
Look at the time every minute. Then you won't have to accidentally check the time at 11:11 or 22:22 etc.
Apr 28, 2014 7:51 AM

Aug 2013
Its because you are looking for it, like people seeing patterns in things when they are subconsciously looking for it.
Apr 28, 2014 7:54 AM

Sep 2007
THE NUMBERS, MASON. WHAT DO THEY MEAN!?
Apr 28, 2014 7:57 AM

Oct 2012
Has happened to me too.

19:11
Apr 28, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Its because you are looking for it, like people seeing patterns in things when they are subconsciously looking for it.
How can I be looking for it when I don't think about it and all of a sudden it's there like when I walk into the kitchen.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 8:05 AM

Apr 2014
GuusWayne said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:
How can I be looking for it when I don't think about it and all of a sudden it's there like when I walk into the kitchen.

It's because there are plenty of other times when you look and it's an arbitrary number that you don't particularly take note of. However the greater meaning you place on the numbers that look intriguing to you despite being just as arbitrary in reality means that you take much greater note of them comparatively, so it feels like you're always running into them.

Either that or it means the world is going to end.
Apr 28, 2014 8:09 AM
Oct 2013
Search the phrase "Angelic Numbers" and there would be tons of search results for your question.
Apr 28, 2014 8:14 AM

Aug 2013
idungoof said:
GuusWayne said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

It's because there are plenty of other times when you look and it's an arbitrary number that you don't particularly take note of. However the greater meaning you place on the numbers that look intriguing to you despite being just as arbitrary in reality means that you take much greater note of them comparatively, so it feels like you're always running into them.

Exactly.

Sometimes it can be called a light case of Apophenia, the number 23 is the most commonly seen pattern. I'm sorry however as this does mean you are not the chosen one or something.
Apr 28, 2014 8:16 AM

Nov 2013
idungoof said:
GuusWayne said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

That actually makes sense but I wouldn't place value on them if they didn't keep appearing all the time.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 8:17 AM

Aug 2013
GuusWayne said:
That actually makes sense but I wouldn't place value on them if they didn't keep appearing all the time.

Its self fulfilling, they appear all the time because you put importance on them subconsciously the more you notice the higher importance your brain is putting on those numbers above others.

Its quite simple.
Apr 28, 2014 8:41 AM

Feb 2014
@ OP: The same thing started to happen to me when the girl i used to like had this thing too. Whenever i looked to any clock i would see something like 11:11; 00:00; 03:30; 03:03; and so on. She said to me that this happens when someone is thinking about you, but i think it's bullshit. I think i was just looking for it, cuz I believe a little in "seek and you shall find". This was driving me crazy, but then i stoped caring and with time it stoped happening this.

Hope this helped you.
Apr 28, 2014 8:43 AM

Sep 2012
It's like that one Jim Carrey movie.
Apr 28, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 2011
The psychological approach makes a lot of sense. But here're some other approaches for variety hehe.

The XY:XY clock pattern happens once every hour/24 times a day. If you look at the clock 10 times a day the possibility of seeing this pattern once that day becomes 1/6. I'd say that's a substantial possibility :D

If you're saying that you see the same specific XY:XY pattern all the time though, it maybe that you tweaked your biological clock in a way that your body knows it's that time of the day again and makes you look at the clock at that exact time every day.
Apr 28, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
So I searched up different meanings and it's not very different from what I said it was.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
i keep seeing 4:20 everywhere I go. You know what that is telling me?

420BLAZEIT

Apr 28, 2014 9:07 AM

Nov 2013
Noldorin said:
The psychological approach makes a lot of sense. But here're some other approaches for variety hehe.

The XY:XY clock pattern happens once every hour/24 times a day. If you look at the clock 10 times a day the possibility of seeing this pattern once that day becomes 1/6. I'd say that's a substantial possibility :D

If you're saying that you see the same specific XY:XY pattern all the time though, it maybe that you tweaked your biological clock in a way that your body knows it's that time of the day again and you look at the clock.
Interesting concept, it can be likened to when you sleep and tell yourself you're going to wake up at a certain time which with practice your mind will wake up at that exact moment.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 9:18 AM

Nov 2012
It is a sign from God.
Apr 28, 2014 9:19 AM
Jan 2014
Selective perception as a result of a basic quality of the human brain: Seeking and finding patterns even if there are none.

Basically: your brain will notice when you see a "special" time, (like 16:16) and ignores the not-special times. The rest is simple probability.

btw, your definition of coincidence is just plain wrong, please dont write something like that again.
Apr 28, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
It is a coincidence.
Apr 28, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
cabacc2 said:
Selective perception as a result of a basic quality of the human brain: Seeking and finding patterns even if there are none.

Basically: your brain will notice when you see a "special" time, (like 16:16) and ignores the not-special times. The rest is simple probability.

btw, your definition of coincidence is just plain wrong, please dont write something like that again.
coincidence
1. a chance occurrence of events remarkable either for being simultaneous or for apparently being connected
2. the fact, condition, or state of coinciding
3. (Electronics) electronics (modifier) of or relating to a circuit that produces an output pulse only when both its input terminals receive pulses within a specified interval Compare anticoincidence: coincidence gate.

and

coincidence - an event that might have been arranged although it was really accidental.
Stay butthurt.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 9:33 AM

Jun 2011
...And this fits that definition perfectly. The part you were wrong about is "Also this can't be a coincidence because a coincidence is a chance occurrence that doesn't happen more than twice."

I get that you're trying to find some greater meaning to this, but it's really nothing more than a coincidence.
NarmyApr 28, 2014 9:36 AM
Apr 28, 2014 9:33 AM
Jan 2014
GuusWayne said:
cabacc2 said:

coincidence
1. a chance occurrence of events remarkable either for being simultaneous or for apparently being connected
2. the fact, condition, or state of coinciding
3. (Electronics) electronics (modifier) of or relating to a circuit that produces an output pulse only when both its input terminals receive pulses within a specified interval Compare anticoincidence: coincidence gate.

and

coincidence - an event that might have been arranged although it was really accidental.
Stay butthurt.

you said that it cant be coincidence because it happened more than twice.
this statement is nonsensical and does contradict the definition of coincidence. Only because it happens more than twice, doesnt mean that it cant be coincidental.

Noldorin said:

No. That would mean that the possibility of seeing it once if you look at the clock 120 times, is 200%, which is nonsense.

I am not butthurt, GuusWayne, I try to honestly answer your question.
You are not in a position to make me butthurt.

So, let me ask you: How often a day do you think you look at a clock?

Edit: Narmy ninja'd me ._.
I'm just surprised that nobody mentioned that before me...
Apr 28, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2013
Sorry to say OP but I think you are mentally ill. SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Apr 28, 2014 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
cabacc2 said:

No. That would mean that the possibility of seeing it once if you look at the clock 120 times, is 200%, which is nonsense.

Care to make the correct calculation then?
Apr 28, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2013
I just phrased it differently. I even looked at the term before using it. In the definition it says it's a chance occurrence of events that appears connected and we all know coincidences don't happen very often.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 9:48 AM

Oct 2009
Let me help you OP. I believe it is related to Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon, but in this case, you find some odds combination, and then your brain starting to develop a frequency bias towards a certain patterns.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 28, 2014 9:56 AM
Jan 2014
Noldorin said:
cabacc2 said:

sure. The correct trial to use would be not simply taking the probability (0,16666) and adding it up with every try, but the Bernoulli Process.

Going with your logic, the probability of having "head" once after 2 coinflips, would be 100%, because the probability of having it after one try = 50%.

the correct trial is here, with p = probability of success (0,1666) k = number of succesful tries (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .., 10 you have to calculate 10 times and add up), n = number of tries (10)

The probability is around 83%.
the probability of seeing it once is about 32%
throwaway111Apr 28, 2014 10:12 AM
Apr 28, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2013
azzuRe said:
Let me help you OP. I believe it is related to Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon, but in this case, you find some odds combination, and then your brain starting to develop a frequency bias towards a certain patterns.
I see, well I should tell you this first developed years ago but only lately have gotten more frequent. This thread have helped me understand why I see them and why I'm almost always being exposed to it at the right time. I've put together a little theory, I think this is my subconcious mind counting the clock 24/7 and alerting me to specific numbers that Inspires random action such as picking up my phone.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 10:07 AM
Jan 2014
GuusWayne said:
azzuRe said:
I see, well I should tell you this first developed years ago but only lately have gotten more frequent. This thread have helped me understand why I see them and why I'm almost always being exposed to it at the right time. I've put together a little theory, I think this is my subconcious mind counting the clock 24/7 and alerting me to specific numbers that Inspires random action such as picking up my phone.

no. Its what I described earlier and AzzuRe was so kind and to tell you (and me) the correct name for this phenomenon.
selective attention (or how I said it, perception) + confirmation bias a.k.a. Frequency Illusion or Bader-Meinhoff phenomenon.

Basic psychology.
Apr 28, 2014 10:14 AM
Dec 2013
....Do you have synthesia?
Apr 28, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2011
cabacc2 said:
Noldorin said:
cabacc2 said:

sure. The correct trial to use would be not simply taking the probability (0,16666) and adding it up with every try, but the Bernoulli Process
Going with your logic, the probability of having "head" once after 2 coinflips, would be 100%, because the probability of having it after one try = 50%.

the correct trial is here, with p = probability of success (0,1666) k = number of succesful tries (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .., 10 you have to calculate 10 times and add up), n = number of tries (10)

The probability is around 83%.
the probability of seeing it once is about 32%

Highschool maths is to blame lol

%32 sounds a bit too high though :/ Hope you're sure about that.
Apr 28, 2014 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
By brain can only see 13:37, its kinda sad sometimes. Like when i have to get up early, its just stuck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2014 10:17 AM

Nov 2013
That could be it but it's not the way it was described as being an overnight process. Besides, I don't just see one same digit numbers, I experienced a wide array of them + my theory is also based on what I said before about waking up an exact time you decided you would wake up in prior to sleeping. That's something I've done countless times, this being a similar case of time I think the same applies.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
Red_Keys said:
This was my first thought too. Number 23.

A year ago, for a week straight I would wake up at 2:22 AM or nap in the morning only to wake up at 2:22 PM. Rather bizarre to be honest, though it did not progress to insanity thankfully.
Apr 28, 2014 10:27 AM
Jan 2014
Noldorin said:

Highschool maths is to blame lol

%32 sounds a bit too high though :/ Hope you're sure about that.
I am sure
GuusWayne said:
That could be it but it's not the way it was described as being an overnight process. Besides, I don't just see one same digit numbers, I experienced a wide array of them + my theory is also based on what I said before about waking up an exact time you decided you would wake up in prior to sleeping. That's something I've done countless times, this being a similar case of time I think the same applies.
In that case, coincidence is still more probable than
"supernatural causes" or
"your subconscious mind that works together with your inner clock, that is somehow extreeeemely accurate, to wake you up at specific times for no reason"
Apr 28, 2014 10:35 AM

Nov 2013
cabacc2 said:
"supernatural causes" or
"your subconscious mind that works together with your inner clock, that is somehow extreeeemely accurate, to wake you up at specific times for no reason"
Maybe to you who have never experienced something like this. I choose the latter because it's the most sound explanation imo.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
The aliens have chosen you, congratulations.
Apr 28, 2014 10:43 AM
Jan 2014
GuusWayne said:
cabacc2 said:
"supernatural causes" or
Maybe to you who have never experienced something like this. I choose the latter because it's the most sound explanation imo.

You are free to choose what you want.

But I want you to know that modern psychology has a valid and logical explanation for the phenomenon you experience.
Two kinds of cognitive biases that "work together".
selective attention and confirmation bias.
This is a confirmed explanation.

What you choose is the other option.
this isnt a logical explanation, because your inner clock isnt, or to be more accurate, cant be that accurate. Thats just not possible. Thats simply not how the human brain works. You cant determine the exact time with a deviation of just 30s while being in "sleep mode". Its impossible.
Apr 28, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
Red_Keys said:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481369/
If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident. — Hei
Apr 28, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2011
cabacc2 said:
I am sure

That's cheating lol

There's something else to consider though. Say you look at the clock at 10.11. Next time you look wouldn't the probability be lower than 1.666, which the formulae doesn't take into consideration?
Apr 28, 2014 10:47 AM

Nov 2013
cabacc2 said:
GuusWayne said:
cabacc2 said:
"supernatural causes" or

You are free to choose what you want.

But I want you to know that modern psychology has a valid and logical explanation for the phenomenon you experience.
Two kinds of cognitive biases that "work together".
selective attention and confirmation bias.
This is a confirmed explanation.

What you choose is the other option.
this isnt a logical explanation, because your inner clock isnt, or to be more accurate, cant be that accurate. Thats just not possible. Thats simply not how the human brain works. You cant determine the exact time with a deviation of just 30s while being in "sleep mode". Its impossible.
Wtf no it's not. I've been there done that, seriously. I've woken up at a specific time I decided without an alarm click or anything but simply intention.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 10:59 AM
Jan 2014
Noldorin said:
cabacc2 said:
I am sure

That's cheating lol

There's something else to consider though. Say you look at the clock at 10.11. Next time you look wouldn't the probability be lower than 1.666, which the formulae doesn't take into consideration?

ok, firstly, the probability isnt 1,666 but 0,1666. Thats an important difference.
and secondly, we said that you look at the clock at random times, didnt we?

what is 10.11 ? 11th october?

GuusWayne said:
Wtf no it's not. I've been there done that.

what you did was not confirming that your inner clock has an accuracy of 30s,You woke up and saw a random number, that you considered "special", multiple times.
Thats not even remotely the same.

the "your subconscious mind that works together with your inner clock, that is somehow extreeeemely accurate, to wake you up at specific times for no reason"-theory is untrue with a very high probability, thats all I can say.
You can accept the facts or deny them. I gave you the facts, the rest's up to you.
Apr 28, 2014 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
Its a sign to wake you up, you sleeper agent you. Kill the American President now.
Apr 28, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Come on guys, the OP clearly wishes to be more special than other humans and there for needs this idea that somehow his brain is different in some way to make himself feel like a precious individual snowflake. Let him have his common mental conditioning.
Apr 28, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
cabacc2 said:
Noldorin said:
cabacc2 said:
I am sure

That's cheating lol

ok, firstly, the probability isnt 1,666 but 0,1666. Thats an important difference.

Ok sorry for the typos.
So you look at the clock and see it's 10:11. The next time you look, wouldn't you calculate the probability of seeing an XY:XY pattern between 10:11 and 00:00 that day? Which would be a lower probability than 0,1666.
Apr 28, 2014 11:24 AM

Nov 2013
cabacc2 said:
Noldorin said:
cabacc2 said:
I am sure

That's cheating lol

GuusWayne said:
Wtf no it's not. I've been there done that.

what you did was not confirming that your inner clock has an accuracy of 30s,You woke up and saw a random number, that you considered "special", multiple times.
Thats not even remotely the same.

the "your subconscious mind that works together with your inner clock, that is somehow extreeeemely accurate, to wake you up at specific times for no reason"-theory is untrue with a very high probability, thats all I can say.
You can accept the facts or deny them. I gave you the facts, the rest's up to you.
What do you mean with accuracy of 30's? I don't know what that is. All I can say is when I was a kid I used to always wake up at a specific time. If I wanted to wake up at 7 I did that, same if I wanted to wake up at 8. I'm using my personal experience you're using some weird studies or whatever. I don't think you understood what I was saying.
SCARY MONSTER
Apr 28, 2014 11:30 AM

Mar 2008
I see 11:11 and 4:44 often
Apr 28, 2014 11:31 AM
Jan 2014
Noldorin said:
cabacc2 said:
Noldorin said:
cabacc2 said:
I am sure

That's cheating lol

Ok sorry for the typos.
So you look at the clock and see it's 10:11. The next time you look, wouldn't you calculate the probability of seeing an XY:XY pattern between 10:11 and 00:00 that day? Which would be a lower probability than 0,1666.

The probability for seeing a "special" time when you look at the clock at random times is still 0,16666.

@Guus: you claimed that your brain is somehow capable of waking you up at the exact "special" time, which lies within a 1-minute time span.
If your brain wakes you up at a specific point. If it sets this point in the middle of this minute (lets say 12:12:30), its accuracy has to be at least 30s. Otherwise you miss this 12:12 special time.
throwaway111Apr 28, 2014 11:35 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

24 by -Jahra »»
9 minutes ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

28 by vasipi4946 »»
9 minutes ago

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

68 by -Jahra »»
21 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

36 by -Jahra »»
35 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

22 by elgatosaika »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.