Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
It's hard to care about the plot when there's a provocative school nurse, a yandere imouto and blatant incest. Still waiting for something mindblowing.
Apr 26, 2014 1:46 PM

May 2010
RexZShadow said:

Well I'm curious to see why people toruture themselves with something they think its bad, maybe just me but seems kinda counter productive since the point of anime is entertaiment, unless its your job to review anime and you make a living out of it like movie reviewer or something.

You ever heard of the phrase "it's so bad, it's good"? SAO and Guilty Crown fit that label to a T. Shows like those serve as a great reminder that just because something is bad doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. Like Infinite Stratos, or Date A Live. If Mahouka can reach that level then I can finally, FINALLY like it ironically. It's about seeing how low can it go. As of now it's a middling pot of disappointment, wasted potential, and fanboy tears.
Apr 26, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2014
Vagabond_Musashi said:
I was introduced first to the manga, which frankly can introduce the reader much better than this anime, it becomes boring at times the show without giving reasons why incest, or without giving any explanation of the character miyuki. if I know what I know of the work, for me to miyuki is one of those typical anime characters who simply want to give everything away and brother over. and I've read the 12 volumes, and never filled me with incest because it had character traits qie defined and why it was more geared to serve the comedy in most cases, but in 4 episodes the production team can make I skip those moments because they are boring.
I am a reader of ln, and though I like a lot, think very stressful this intense defense work said. at first, since you miss the fact that the number of intense spoilers if you have question right away, adding constant discussions that lead nowhere.
Well, I follow the forum a long time, even if you've never commented, and visualized all the discussions about this anime. and really, although there are q people just want to be haters for attention and nothing more, see here really valid complaints. Then, nice to meet you!

Completely off-topic post but you rated the anime 10 while the LN 9. I don't see the logic in that at all or are you one of those people who create accounts to rate their fav series 10/10?

Jan 2013
I feel like theres potential in this story.

I just think Madhouse flops when it comes time to tell a dramatic story.

As long as theres super hero jumping and running 900 mph to be animated, Madhouse will find a way.

Nov 2013
This episode was less entertaining than the previous ones. Still good enough I suppose.
Evil organizations and 10 clans and stuff.. Lots of info.
Miyuki freezing everything when she gets mad is getting old, hope they keep it at a minimal in the coming episodes.

Next week is "Enrollment 5."
Perfect XD
Meh whatever 3.5/5 for this episode.
Apr 26, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
Hmm...it's getting interesting
Apr 26, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2012
Well I'm curious to see why people toruture themselves with something they think its bad

Reasons why I have not dropped yet:
- 4 episodes isn't enough to judge anything. Some anime get significantly better in the latter half
- All my friends are watching it
- It shows potential to be so much more
- Even though the fanservice and tropes are blatantly showing, it could still have a good plot. (See Gokukoku no Brynhildr - show with obvious fanservice but still has a great plot)
Apr 26, 2014 1:59 PM
Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
It's hard to care about the plot when there's a provocative school nurse, a yandere imouto and blatant incest. Still waiting for something mindblowing.

Unless I am mistaken,

"Shiba" though written with different characters is equivalent to Yotsuba (Four Leaves (four in Japanese is pronounced "shi", but since that can also mean "death", "yotsu" is more common), the same name of the Aunt they mentioned this episode, which means they changed their names so that they wouldn't be thought to be one of the 10 families mentioned this episode (the equivalent of their laying low). Yotsuba is also the name of the CAD company where that "genius" designer works, so that explains how Tatsuya has those weapons.

I swear, I have read exactly 1.5 chapters of the first book at those did a far better job at getting one curious about the story than 4 episodes of the animation. If Madhouse had thought to focus on the story instead of the piss poor fan service (the nurse wasn't even that attractive) this show would have been much more entertaining (didn't spoil the above because I worked it out from the episode, and I could be completely wrong, but the diner conversation and final scene suggested it).
rodacMay 2, 2014 10:00 PM
Apr 26, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
^ Damn LOL That's a lot of stuff to remember. The anime doesn't portray that at all.
Apr 26, 2014 2:02 PM
Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
mayukachan said:

Just going to say thats completely wrong XD keep reading
rodacMay 2, 2014 10:02 PM
Apr 26, 2014 2:03 PM
Jan 2010
As a LN reader, i really liked this episode. needs more mari + mayumi tho
Apr 26, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
The MC is a bad ass. Thats all you need to know.

Not sure why people keep saying this show is complex.

The MC will just get new powers/spells when necessary to fit the situation. Thats why Magic is such a great plot device. You can just make up how it works as you go.
Apr 26, 2014 2:06 PM
Oct 2012
RexZShadow said:

LOL, just had edited my comment above to enforce that it was speculation not based on the little I have read.

Pity, thought that this show was starting to make sense, guess not.
Apr 26, 2014 2:12 PM

Mar 2013
Another episode of boring MCs and weird incest "jokes". Juumonji was even more bara than I thought he'd be though, so I'm just going to stay for him, provided he actually does something plot relevant soon. It's only 20 minutes a week.
Apr 26, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
plot heavy episode, which i welcomed. episode explained quite a few things.

myuki's brother love was the only annoying thing but i guess that will stay that way so i just have to get used to that since its my only big point of critique
Apr 26, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2010
Apr 26, 2014 2:18 PM

Oct 2013
antonn said:
More proof that
Manga > Anime

I really can't understand...
Apr 26, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
antonn said:
More proof that
Manga > Anime

Wow that is depressing.
Apr 26, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
antonn said:
More proof that
Manga > Anime

Wow, the manga's looks better and is less obvious.
Apr 26, 2014 2:26 PM
Oct 2013
http://imgur.com/1qJlkdh
Yotsuba maya already appeared looooooooool. Can't remember her name/her as a person being mentioned in volume 2 lol.
Apr 26, 2014 2:27 PM
Jun 2013
Lol, i cant believe the amount of things the anime are putting out there, a whole bunch of spoilers out there in the episodes if you pay close enough attentions... and
Apr 26, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2014
antonn said:
More proof that
Manga > Anime

That just made me very sad.. I don't know why but it did really badly
Apr 26, 2014 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
quote=Z4k]
Vagabond_Musashi said:
I was introduced first to the manga, which frankly can introduce the reader much better than this anime, it becomes boring at times the show without giving reasons why incest, or without giving any explanation of the character miyuki. if I know what I know of the work, for me to miyuki is one of those typical anime characters who simply want to give everything away and brother over. and I've read the 12 volumes, and never filled me with incest because it had character traits qie defined and why it was more geared to serve the comedy in most cases, but in 4 episodes the production team can make I skip those moments because they are boring.
I am a reader of ln, and though I like a lot, think very stressful this intense defense work said. at first, since you miss the fact that the number of intense spoilers if you have question right away, adding constant discussions that lead nowhere.
Well, I follow the forum a long time, even if you've never commented, and visualized all the discussions about this anime. and really, although there are q people just want to be haters for attention and nothing more, see here really valid complaints. Then, nice to meet you!

Completely off-topic post but you rated the anime 10 while the LN 9. I don't see the logic in that at all or are you one of those people who create accounts to rate their fav series 10/10?[/quota]
I do not consider that it was a comment as off-topic as you said, but I understand your question. No, I aim to give 10/10 for any anime / manga / ln I like, but which have not yet updated my score for anime, while adapting it gave a score of 10 in the first 2 episodes. just a clarification.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Apr 26, 2014 2:35 PM

Dec 2011
A lot of info this episode. Hopefully we get more of action next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2014
decent episode..;) tho the sister is getting rather annoying
Apr 26, 2014 2:41 PM

Feb 2011
NII-SAMA.
Apr 26, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2013
SolviteSekai said:

The moment I saw a show this complex was being made by madhouse I got kind of concerned.

SolviteSekai said:

so do you think this show is complex or not?

on topic- episode was boring but it was informational. it explained a few things.

kinda disappointed that last week's fight got cut short (unless that's how it happens in the light novel).

also disappointed that the ONIISAMAs are back. there were less of them in the 2nd and 3rd episodes.

so will this show mostly have a lot of talking and incestuous innuendos in it?

it's only been 4 episodes which isn't much to judge the show by but it's kinda hard to see why this story is hyped up
Apr 26, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2014
UnbornMVs said:
NII-SAMA.

Gawd No!!
Apr 26, 2014 2:45 PM

May 2010
kinda boring episode. And I'm kinda getting annoyed at the incest jokes. Hopefully next episode will be better :P
Apr 26, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
orchidork said:
SolviteSekai said:

The moment I saw a show this complex was being made by madhouse I got kind of concerned.

SolviteSekai said:

so do you think this show is complex or not?

on topic- episode was boring but it was informational. it explained a few things.

kinda disappointed that last week's fight got cut short (unless that's how it happens in the light novel).

it's only been 4 episodes which isn't much to judge the show by but it's kinda hard to see why this story is hyped up

Arc 2 and 3 are what makes for the hype though arc 1 is necessary for infodump. There'll be 2 more eps for arc 1 I guess.

Apr 26, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
EasyGo-er said:
Arc 2 and 3 are what makes for the hype though arc 1 is necessary for infodump. There'll be 2 more eps for arc 1 I guess.

thanks for the info. at least now there's something to look forward to
Apr 26, 2014 2:51 PM
Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
RexZShadow said:

LOL, just had edited my comment above to enforce that it was speculation not based on the little I have read.

Pity, thought that this show was starting to make sense, guess not.

Your spec was kinda close but had few things in the wrong order lol, s hould all make sense by end of anime if they hit 3rd arc
Apr 26, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2014
I can't wait for Doki Subs to come out, HorribleSubs was meh.. Episode had a lot of information in it, subs confused me on a bit of it though.

Mibu, good or bad? Who's that random guy that "Needs his power"

Counselor seemed a little "Curious" about Tatsuya.

I personally liked the episode. Wasn't bored at all.
Problems that cannot be solved do not exist in this world.

Apr 26, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2011
That little sister sure is jealous, if it was me I would have probably had my own harem by this episode. Also this is turning out to me more and more interesting as it goes by.
Apr 26, 2014 3:07 PM
Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:
In 3 weeks people will still be telling each other it will get better soon.

That's what apologists do.

Yes, it did get better for me at least, The whole magic world is quite intriguing and the magic is interesting, and the explanation of it, was explained in such detailed, I thought this was what people want instead of powers that came from nowhere and get a half-assed explanation? At least from the discussion that I have visited.. I'm getting familiar with the magic concept and appreciate the fact that he is OP MC because its quite rare in anime these days, and for second time I thought, people want something different than MC who always train when he lose or felt insecure about his strength?

Hm, nothing can satisfy people these days anymore, huh? Not like I don't know, gluttonous is one of human's nature after all..

Well, one major thing that people see as a problem in this anime while tried to cover it with (this story has no plot progression and OP MC and cliche) is INCEST.. I dislike Yaoi or Yuri so I tend to avoid the anime related to them like Akuma no Riddle, and avoiding give any reply or comment to the forum especially about the Yuri scene (if there's any) out of respect for the one who love it (if I watch it).. I don't have a problem with incest in ANIME, so the incest scene is not making me uncomfortable or anything..

And, I think the 'incest' will be a major part in this anime, even if you cannot endure it, I think giving insulting remark is a bit too much because indirectly you insult others taste, as an alternative I can suggest avoiding this anime as I believe each people have different tastes..
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Apr 26, 2014 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Miyuki went on Yandere mode...hehe.

Too bad, Tatsuya rejected Mibu.
Apr 26, 2014 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
orchidork said:

also disappointed that the ONIISAMAs are back. there were less of them in the 2nd and 3rd episodes.

Yes, IIRC, in the light novel the fight ended like that.

Apr 26, 2014 3:21 PM

Jul 2013
Plenty of information. Lol Tatsuya a "brilliant gigolo"
Lol Miyuki, getting all jelleh.
Guy with Glasses with Mibu wants to recruit Tatsuya..
The awesome fights should start next episode :D
Apr 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Mar 2013
Another dull episode think I'll drop.

Apr 26, 2014 3:29 PM

Aug 2007
Glad for the info. I was wondering why he was so powerful against all numbers. Well it was a good build up since it seems things are starting to take a different turn now.
Apr 26, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
I'm getting familiar with the magic concept and appreciate the fact that he is OP MC because its quite rare in anime these days

wait what? have you not seen SAO, NGNL, Fairy Tail, Death Note, Hamatora, Tokyo Ravens, Kuroko no Basuke or any of the other shows with an OP MC? LOL
Apr 26, 2014 3:40 PM

Nov 2008
Blanch arc (poor Mibu )
Apr 26, 2014 3:58 PM
Oct 2013
mayukachan said:
I'm getting familiar with the magic concept and appreciate the fact that he is OP MC because its quite rare in anime these days

wait what? have you not seen SAO, NGNL, Fairy Tail, Death Note, Hamatora, Tokyo Ravens, Kuroko no Basuke or any of the other shows with an OP MC? LOL

Hm.. it seems your meaning in OP is a bit different in my meaning of OP.. How should I put it, what I mean by OP is unbeatable who triumph over others in fighting and ease through it that's why after that line I put a follow up like training or something, maybe I should used invincible or something along those lines.. Kirito may fit the category, and there were some badasses you mention above but not OP in my book, but I never read the source of this anime so I never knew, maybe he is beatable after all.. LOL..
niknasrApr 26, 2014 4:17 PM
I cannot bring myself to rate anime that I have completed below 5. Well, it just because I have use up my precious time to watch it. so, the worse you will get from me is 5 (changes may apply)
Apr 26, 2014 4:05 PM
Oct 2013
mayukachan said:

Fairy tale is not OP, if they were OP they won't have to get stronger or have had such hard fights.
Death Note is not OP, his power has weakness.
Kuroko no Basuke is not OP.
Being strong is not OP, OP is when there is almost nothing that can challenge you at all.
Apr 26, 2014 4:27 PM

Feb 2013
"Onii sama. Onii sama. Onii sama? Onii sama!"

Apr 26, 2014 4:29 PM

Apr 2014
Bradherley said:
"Onii sama. Onii sama. Onii sama? Onii sama!"

nii sama
Apr 26, 2014 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
Infodump was handled quite well this episode... I'm surprised they're able to include many small details this time though anime-only viewers won't be able to notice them :3

Asfaria said:
Weird how such an uneventful episode crammed so much in that it had to skip the OP and ED animation.

Are you an anime-only viewer? Cause most of the crammed informations in this ep will be important later on, all of it are related to the incoming arcs though I won't say it if you're an anime-only viewers

Apr 26, 2014 4:32 PM

Jan 2009
Can't get enough of sibling love. Miyuki's jealousy is awesome

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 26, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Tatsuya is always one step ahead, both in strength and get girls
but Miyuki is very jealous, I like her personality
it seems that things will become more agitated going forward
than good that the anime is very faithful with the other works in the series
________

Tatsuya está sempre um passo a frente, tanto em força como em conquistar garotas
mas Miyuki é muito ciumenta, gosto da personalidade dela
parece que as coisas ficarão mais agitadas daqui para frente
que bom que o anime esta sendo bem fiel as outras obras da serie
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.