Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2014 1:27 PM

Mar 2012
Best episode so far. The animation bothered me at times, but I still enjoyed the episode. The best part is when the Mekameka Dan interacted with each other.

Nest episode will be Kagerou Daze, so I look forward to that.
Apr 26, 2014 1:41 PM

May 2012
Okay episode.

Much better than the first two. Finally got introduce to Mekakushi Dan. Like how this episode connected back to episode one. Must say this felt really rushed. Also think that Shaft animation doesn't go with the anime, but that's just me. Happy we starting to see some plot develop. Looking forward to the next episode.

Heat haze. Can't wait to see this.
Apr 26, 2014 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
Starting to get used to the animation and best episode so far imo->
Apr 26, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2009
1. Should've known that momo & shintaro were siblings cuz of their last names. Didn't know from the start

2. Marry is quite clumsy. But hanazawa voices her, so it's all good

3. I see always youtube music videos on these characters w/o knowing what's happening. Seeing their stories come together in this anime is starting to make sense

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 26, 2014 2:15 PM
Apr 2013
Much, much better. I mean, there were still some mediocre parts of course, but this felt much more like what the show should supposed to be like. Not that psudeo-Monogatari style writing of before. Though I still wonder if there will be pacing problems, considering the next episode's title. We'll see...

And don't worry. This imouto isn't a brocon.
Apr 26, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
So this episode connects back to episode 1 in a different perspective. That is always an interesting thing to happen.
lmao kano best character
lol
Apr 26, 2014 2:24 PM
Jul 2012
I really appreciate the style of animation from the monogatari series and I agree with a lot of people that this episode was the best so far.

I didn't really understand where a lot of the hatred of the adaption came from before I read the manga and watched the PV's. I feel as though to really do the storyline justice whilst retaining the stylistic qualities of the anime the episodes would need to be feature length? Always with the funds.
Apr 26, 2014 2:40 PM

Aug 2013
Marry with that "weapon" <3
My Candies:
Apr 26, 2014 2:55 PM

Apr 2014
This wasnt bad actually, pretty good episode
Apr 26, 2014 3:05 PM
May 2012
Z4k said:
Raphow said:
Marow said:
I liked how it tied back to the first episode~

Barion-Zara said:
Why so messy?!?! If I hadn't read the manga I think I'd barely be able to grasp what the hell just happened at the end XD

Huh? I found it really easy to follow. Exactly what do you mean?

read the manga and you understand...

Understand what? I've read the manga and I found this episode still interesting and great. But wait I'd like to hear your explanation why the manga is better than this.

it would take too much effort too elaborate my opinion as to why i think this anime adaption is horrid, the manga i read was depicting the whole situation way better than this "mess", if people like this style of narrative then so be it but a different studio or director would have been better IMO,
as a fan i am disappointed because i cannot enjoy it like i'd liked to, ...
Apr 26, 2014 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to the other members of Mekaku-Dan were introduced in this episode. This episode was better than last episode.

Kano really loved to tease.
Apr 26, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
decent episode. it really picked up from the last one. mekaku dan members seem interesting
Apr 26, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
that came together like i thought it would
Apr 26, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
The way they did the rescue was pretty messy. I found it to be poorly choreographed.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 26, 2014 3:39 PM

Jan 2014
Didn't think they would put blindfold code there, wonder why they didn't put artificial enemy in the first episode now....
Well, get ready for the next episode folks. It's where everything starts.

Raphow said:
Z4k said:
Raphow said:
Marow said:
I liked how it tied back to the first episode~

Barion-Zara said:
Why so messy?!?! If I hadn't read the manga I think I'd barely be able to grasp what the hell just happened at the end XD

Huh? I found it really easy to follow. Exactly what do you mean?

read the manga and you understand...

Understand what? I've read the manga and I found this episode still interesting and great. But wait I'd like to hear your explanation why the manga is better than this.

it would take too much effort too elaborate my opinion as to why i think this anime adaption is horrid, the manga i read was depicting the whole situation way better than this "mess", if people like this style of narrative then so be it but a different studio or director would have been better IMO,
as a fan i am disappointed because i cannot enjoy it like i'd liked to, ...

Just FYI but Jin supervise the anime production and write the scripts for it. This anime is pretty much Jin approved.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Apr 26, 2014 3:58 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
WOO
Mekaku-Dan!
MARY GOT SCREEN TIME
Best character
Cute as hell even though she is not as loli as some people make her out to be.
Excited for next episode.
Time to lurk this thread until next ep!
Apr 26, 2014 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the first two episodes, but I agree that this one was much better. It was nice to see the Mekakushi Dan (mostly) all together.
wow gay
Apr 26, 2014 4:17 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah, I've pretty much lost all interest in seeing more. The "tell don't show" in this thing is horrendous, on the level Shyamalan's Last Airbender film, and there's too many samey Shaft-isms getting in the way of the story.

Explanation makes sense and I could see the story developing the whole superpower thing, but the presentation just ruins the whole package. I'm not listening to an audiobook. I'm supposed to be watching animation!
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Apr 26, 2014 4:18 PM

Oct 2012
i like this episode way better than the first two. less abstract more story and explanations.
those lense flares( or those red light things) were kind of distracting though...

marry is cute~
love the kano x kido parts xD
awesome blindfold code insert song~

time for the heat haze~ (i think ill nee some mental prep...)
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 26, 2014 4:29 PM

Oct 2011
I really like it! It was better that the other two episodes, and the introduction of Blindfold Code made me listen to the music and then return the scene so I could see what they were doing. xD
I wanted to listen to Jinzou enemy in the first episode, but okay.
But I can't stand SHAFT doing everything so futuristic. It happened with Madoka too, it's something from the studio. I understand, but can't take it xD
Also, all the poses from Kido made me laugh a lot. Really, this is SO weird. But ok, just SHAFt again.
In my opinion they could put these things in the second episode. Things were kinda rushed and confusing, while in the second episode the timing was really slow. It looked like a waste of time, even if i enjoyed.
Kido and Kano were so awesome! I love this two. And we could saw more of Seto here. In the manga he was kinda out.

It is me, or Marry looks a little different? Her personality is kinda weird in my opinion. And I like the part she round her "weapon" but it was so exaggerated. xD
And finally: they changed the opening AGAIN? The second version was so cool :T

Ok.. Next episode is Kagerou Days. MY HEART ISN'T READY!!
I foresee lots of blue and red -v-
This is my fav PV, hope they won't mess with it.
DeskachanApr 26, 2014 7:06 PM
Apr 26, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2013
I've seen many comments on the Internet saying how beautiful the colours in this show are.
I'm really not sure if they are being sarcastic because there are barely any colours, just endless shades of grey.
Apr 26, 2014 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
It sucks that some people stop watching an episode when the ED song starts. The segments with the "monster" after it are pretty important.
EpicCh33seApr 26, 2014 4:57 PM
Apr 26, 2014 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
Many things have been explained in this episode
primarily as the hostage situation was resolved
but this was only the beginning
I miss of Ene this episode
but probably it will be featured in the next one, then fine

Muitas coisas foram explicadas neste episodio
principalmente como a situação dos reféns se resolveu
mas isto foi só o começo
eu senti falta da Ene neste episódio
mas provavelmente ela será destaque no próximo, então tudo bem
Apr 26, 2014 5:25 PM

Aug 2007
This was a good ep even better that they continued off what happen in ep 2 since it makes even stronger. Glad I got some answers to what really went down in ep 1. They finally got my attention now, I can't wait for the next ep.
Apr 26, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
Another good episode. There were times in the episode I felt would've had more of an "impact" if the animation was better but that's not to say it's bad. Hopefully the BDs will fix this? Also dat Blindfold Code!
The wait for next week begins..
Apr 26, 2014 5:57 PM
Jul 2012
Next weeks gonna be bloody
Apr 26, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoy how we got a different perceptive on that situation.

Great episode!!!
Apr 26, 2014 6:32 PM

Nov 2013
Good episode, with the introduction of most of the other characters in the Mekakushi Dan.

I agree that the animation and colors are a bit..."unique" at times, but then again it's Shaft. It's not bothering me all that much, though.

And then the insert song "Blindfold Code". This version was so much better than the original, and the original was already good. Here's to hoping that they do a good remake version of "Children Record"...

Heat-Haze Days next week. Stuff gets real now.
Everything's gonna be daijoubu.
Apr 26, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2009
Better than the previous two episodes.

Not good, but better.

Kagerou Days, Yuukei Yesterday and Lost Time Memory could save the show.
Apr 26, 2014 6:49 PM

Feb 2011
it was good. now all makes sense
Apr 26, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
can anyone explain why kano and seto were laughing when they found out that shintaro was momo's brother?

also, the english in this show keeps on getting better- http://imgur.com/6GxhAcj
Apr 26, 2014 6:55 PM

Apr 2009
orchidork said:
can anyone explain why kano and seto were laughing when they found out that shintaro was momo's brother?

The first reason is because he looks really disheveled and he's wearing a big heavy jacket on a summer's day.

The second reason is a spoiler.
Apr 26, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2012
It's nice that they showed that the Mekakushi Dan and Shintaro and Ene met in the mall. I thought they weren't going to show it at all :3 But anyway this episode is better than the first two and actually has more colors! Thank you for putting a little more color! The amount of color this time is enough for me.

Then there's the OP which changed a little bit again. And with that I conclude that perhaps the picture/scene changes that take place in the OP is done to tell the story/ies yet to be told or would not be told in the anime.

Lastly, I really don't get why they don't insert more KegePro songs longer =_= IMO it actually brings the feel to the story. The insert songs 'til now have been shorter than I expect them to be and gives me the dissatisfied look everytime.
Apr 26, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2008
Really enjoyed this one and how it connected up with the first two episodes!!!!

Loving the soundtrack and can totally understand now why there are so many Kido fans :D
Apr 26, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
it was nice i got a good laugh when they went to the mall and finding out that guy was her brother cleared up how i wondering how he was gonna tie in.
Apr 26, 2014 7:52 PM

Jan 2014
the first two episodes was confusing as heck
but this ep made up for it
+ really enjoyed it
+ super fken powers?! niceee
Apr 26, 2014 8:04 PM

May 2013
Starting to understand this series more now. I love the tie-in to the first episode. I wonder what the brother's power is (if he has one). Liked the sequence when Kisaragi controlled her power and drew everyone's attention.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Apr 26, 2014 8:12 PM

Dec 2011
This new episode is on a completely new level compared to the others, especially the quality.

You gat a mail.

I don't know if it was supposed to ba a reference, but ok Japan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 8:29 PM
Oct 2012
And, in the end, Shaft manages to tie the first three episodes together with a nice big bow.

The lesson for the children. Leave story telling to Shaft, they know what they are doing.
Apr 26, 2014 9:09 PM

Sep 2010
YES MARY! Seto/Mary making me a bit emotional. Kido's poses were great. Good episodes, better than the last 2, but I'm really excited for the next episode! Kagerou Days (Heat Haze Days) is one of my favorite songs of the entire series (and one of the most emotional) so it's going to be great.

To people not familiar with the series, if you're going to lookup Kagerou Days, know that this video PV is fanmade by Wannyanpuu so what you see in there isn't all that accurate. The official one is this made by SHIDU.
S_Anne said:
Lastly, I really don't get why they don't insert more KegePro songs longer =_= IMO it actually brings the feel to the story. The insert songs 'til now have been shorter than I expect them to be and gives me the dissatisfied look everytime.
I'm just happy they're putting them in to begin with.
Apr 26, 2014 9:20 PM

Oct 2013
That cleared up a lot.
Apr 26, 2014 9:36 PM

Dec 2013
2nd Episode was so boring. I'm glad we're getting back to the interesting ones
Apr 26, 2014 9:50 PM

Jul 2011
Fabulous episode. The first two were kind of confusing and even boring, but this episode really impressed me. Especially the events in the mall.

Marry is an instant dislike, but I like the rest of the group. That insert song was also very nice and set the action very nicely. Hopefully it will keep impressing me.
Apr 26, 2014 9:56 PM

Dec 2013
So now I understand things, and now I love it.
Kido is my favorite character so far, I wouldn't forget her haha.

So much good anime this season, it's such a tight race for my top 5 this season.
Apr 26, 2014 10:00 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode to clear up the previous two.
Apr 26, 2014 10:14 PM

Jul 2013
If I hadn't skimmed the manga I would have been so lost. I like this show a lot because of the characters, shaft, the action, the music, and so on but it's really all over the place and sort of hard to follow the plot. Also, many of the voices were not as I pictured, but maybe that's just me.
Okay episode, glad we're getting back to Kisaragi and Ene though
Apr 26, 2014 10:55 PM

Aug 2013
I havnt read the manga at all and I found this episode to be amazing. Shaft lives up to its name with the absract scenery. Also, this episode explained all the confusing moments from episode 1 and really did tie episode 1 and 2 together to make episode 3. But for those who didnt understand what happened, episode 2 happens before episode 1 in terms of timeline and then episode 1 ties into episode 3 with episode 2 with it. Cant wait for the next episode, heard good news about it.
Apr 26, 2014 10:56 PM

Dec 2008
I literally went "ohhhh shit yes" when I saw that Kagerou Days was the next episode. NOW the show can begin and I'm really looking forward to seeing SHAFT handles that mess. Though personally, as far-fetched as it is, I'm looking forward to Yuukei Yesterday, Moon-Viewing Recital, and Ayano's Theory of Happiness).

Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Apr 26, 2014 11:30 PM

Sep 2010
HitoriTomoyo said:
Though personally, as far-fetched as it is, I'm looking forward to Yuukei Yesterday, Moon-Viewing Recital, and Ayano's Theory of Happiness).
I'm sure they'll adapt all 3 of the songs. Both Yuukei Yesterday and Ayano's Theory of Happiness very important to the story and they'll do Otsukimi Recital if they follow more of the manga's route too.
HitoriTomoyo said:
Possibly considering the OP but who knows, it could have a totally new ending.
Apr 26, 2014 11:33 PM
Sep 2012
I enjoyed the method of introduction.

Looking forward to the future weeks to come.
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.