Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 25, 2014 3:34 AM

Apr 2014
Guys do you think that this series is going to have some or deaths or gore?
Cause up to episode 4 we haven't got anything like that yet and this is rated 17+.
Honestly i expected something else.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 25, 2014 5:58 AM

Oct 2013
AcceleratorAngel said:
Cause up to episode 4 we haven't got anything like that yet and this is rated 17+.

I expected a bit more as well.

I don't think we will get 'real' deaths or gore. Something will probably happen to the LRIGs and their Girls after the 3rd loss... I mean - there has to be a reason why they are called LRIG (Girl backwards). And I also believe that Ruko will pretty much go crazy. She seems to think too much and overdramatize things. All speculation of course.

I will watch till the end, because I still believe ther will be some unexpected, dark reveals. However, I am not as hooked as I hoped I would be. Sadly, some scenes just felt unneccessary - like, they wouldn't contribute anything to the story other than wasting my time.

Let's hope the second half will be awesome :) I am not expecting something big in the next episode.
Apr 25, 2014 11:36 PM

Apr 2010
This is an anime promoting a real kids card game. I don't know why anyone is expecting this to get all dark.

http://blog-imgs-64.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/ppp_201404261520583a1.jpg

It has the typical Mari Okada drama and incest but thats about it

Apr 26, 2014 4:43 PM

Jul 2012
It's a lot darker than something like Kyoukai no Kanata or SAO already.
Apr 27, 2014 1:20 PM

Sep 2009
seriously haven't you been watching it. It as dark as it get. we still don't know what happens if they lose 3 times. this is basically Madoka meets Yu-gi-oh.
May 2, 2014 4:12 AM

Jan 2013
RyanSaotome said:
This is an anime promoting a real kids card game. I don't know why anyone is expecting this to get all dark.

you really are bad at judgin anime by the first few eps
May 2, 2014 4:20 AM

Feb 2013
People is expexting too much because it kinda looks like Madoka Magica but to be honest l dont think is gonna be as dark as madoka...

May 2, 2014 5:12 PM

Oct 2010
RyanSaotome said:

I'm actually pretty surprised that there's an actual card game for this since the series doesn't at all feel like it's trying to advertise said game.

I mean, they haven't explained a single rule or showed us a single card outside of the magic ones. So I don't really see how this series is promoting the card game at all?
May 2, 2014 8:30 PM

Jul 2012
SimmianPrime said:
RyanSaotome said:

I'm actually pretty surprised that there's an actual card game for this since the series doesn't at all feel like it's trying to advertise said game.

I mean, they haven't explained a single rule or showed us a single card outside of the magic ones. So I don't really see how this series is promoting the card game at all?

Maybe they want to make an actual anime by adapting the cards without actually making it like a promotional anime and focusing solely on the storyline
よろしく!
May 3, 2014 1:00 AM

Nov 2012
SimmianPrime said:
RyanSaotome said:

true, at the moment it fails at both advertising the game and presenting a good story
May 3, 2014 1:01 AM

Jan 2013
This thread is priceless.

OMG NO GORE WTF IM DROPPING THIS SHIT.
May 4, 2014 3:28 PM

Nov 2011
silverwalls said:
[

true, at the moment it fails at both advertising the game and presenting a good story

Unless you have data to back this up, I would advice not posting such things.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
May 4, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah adding more gore would definitely help card sales.
May 5, 2014 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
rederoin said:
silverwalls said:
[

Unless you have data to back this up, I would advice not posting such things.

Alright, this might get a little complicated, so pay attention.

The show does not make silverwalls want to play the game.
The show does not spend much any time on the game.
The show does not give the slightest hint about how the game is played.

Based on this highly technical cross-sectional regression analysis of the data at hand, we can conclude Selector Infected Macross fails at advertising the game.
May 5, 2014 9:11 PM
May 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:

I don't think there's going to be much deaths and gore, but maybe some "worse than death" kind of things.
If what happened to Hitoe is just a small taste, then that wouldn't be so unlikely.

If she really goes berserk and/or there's going to be fights in that world as shown in her dreams,
then the rating might also be because of something later on in the series.
It depends on where they got that rating from.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 5, 2014 9:14 PM

Jun 2012
HOLY FUCKING SHIT a card game based Anime isn't ÜBERDARK EDGY SHIT, LET'S ALL JUMP OFF A BRIDGE, NOT MADOKA= SHIT.
May 5, 2014 9:22 PM
May 2014
YorozuyaGinSan said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT a card game based Anime isn't ÜBERDARK EDGY SHIT, LET'S ALL JUMP OFF A BRIDGE, NOT MADOKA= SHIT.

To be honest, it doesn't really feel cardgame based at all.
Even though they actually released a cardgame they haven't really done anything to actually advertise it, you know, in the usual manner.
Instead it is more like they use the game to drive the plot forward, and not the other way around.

It'll probably have the same effect as what the other game anime's do, but at least their target
audience seems to be (alot) older (if that age-rating is real, then that much is obviously true).
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
May 6, 2014 12:33 AM

Dec 2010
SolviteSekai said:
This thread is priceless.

OMG NO GORE WTF IM DROPPING THIS SHIT.

ilu and your post

I'm actually pree enjoying it! I wouldn't say it's near a madoka level but i wouldn't call it a happy go lucky series. something doesn't need blood and gore to be at least slightly dark~
May 11, 2014 11:30 AM
May 2014
AcceleratorAngel said:

I feel that it's getting darker by the episode, especially after what happened to Hitoe, who is likely to commit suicide (well, I hope she doesn't and Ru-chan comes up with a way to rescue her from despair).
May 17, 2014 1:24 AM
May 2012
Here's the "dark" surrounding the characters.

If this is not dark to you, then you have a different definition of "dark." I'm personally enjoying this show.
May 22, 2014 10:23 PM

Jan 2011
for me gore and death's not enough reason to be considered as dark

and that why all shity Shōnen will never be dark for me even there a lot gore and death

actually sometimes, "death's" considered as help characters to rest

u don't need gore or death's to have dark Content , all u need is psychological aspect

psychological aspect can give u any impact without need for death's or gore
May 22, 2014 11:48 PM
Sep 2012
Gore doesn't mean dark.

School days has a gore. It doesn't make it "dark".

Dark means twists, sufferings and tragedy.
May 23, 2014 4:21 AM
May 2014
BloodyScarf said:
Dark means twists, sufferings and tragedy.

I agree with that definition.
The word "dark" is often used for a big part of the horror genre, but that definition sort of sums it up.
-- Lord fifth
May 23, 2014 11:42 PM

May 2014
Darker than Black!
Overall the anime is turning into something really dark which is different from gory/bloody/shocking.
Dark is more about the atmosphere and how you perceive the characters and the events.
I think it will only play on the psychological side of things without having anyone really dying.
May 24, 2014 5:25 AM

May 2010
Wow, it jumped the 7+ mark... Now I regret not picking it up.
May 24, 2014 6:02 AM

Jan 2014
TragicRomance said:
Wow, it jumped the 7+ mark... Now I regret not picking it up.

You still have time, pick it up episode 8 was pretty sweet if I do say so myself.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

97 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.