Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2014 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yuri card?!

Too much despair in this show. Hitoe was cute though, a bit shy but whatever. She just wants some friends. But I still find some of the other girls are not treating a few of the others well at all. Poor Yuzuki, I feel for her.

Inoa's presence in this show is intimidating tbh.
Apr 24, 2014 12:32 PM

Jun 2012
I'm getting more and more interested in Ruko's past but at the same time I'm fearing that with the anime being only 12 episodes we might not get (a lot of) info on her past.
Almost laughed my ass off when Akira told those "uglies" to get lost. And Akira is afraid Iona or whatever her name was. Didn't quite like her since she was a little bit too straightforward (maybe even mean) towards Ruko.

Looking forward to the WIXOSS party mentioned in the preview ^^
Apr 24, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2013
Aww, I was looking forward to Ruko fighting Akira, lol. I can't wait for her reaction to Ruko not having any wishes. Iona's very mysterious, but I'm certain we'll see her in battle soon, I'm looking forward to it.

Still... wonder what is different about Tama compared to the other LRIGs... hmm...
Apr 24, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2010
So the girl who interrupted with Akira's plans seems to be aware of the reason Ruko was playing.
And she immediately tried to bring her in doubt about playing the game which Ruko already was seeing how she reacted when thinking about battles.
The question is what will happen if she doesn't have a wish?
And judging from what the other girls said it seems she doesn't care much for wishes either, which means she is doing the same as Ruko.
Which is playing for fun.

My theory is that players like them are simply picked for taking out other players, preferably players that have a wish.
The blasphemy part is probably angered players who want revenge at them.
Apr 24, 2014 12:54 PM
Jan 2014
Ugh, told myself I would drop this but ended up watching it anyway.

Aversa said:
So the girl who interrupted with Akira's plans seems to be aware of the reason Ruko was playing.
And she immediately tried to bring her in doubt about playing the game which Ruko already was seeing how she reacted when thinking about battles.
The question is what will happen if she doesn't have a wish?
And judging from what the other girls said it seems she doesn't care much for wishes either, which means she is doing the same as Ruko.
Which is playing for fun.

My theory is that players like them are simply picked for taking out other players, preferably players that have a wish.
The blasphemy part is probably angered players who want revenge at them.

Pretty sure that girl has a wish as well since she thinks Ruko not having a wish is blaspheme, why would she think so if she didn't had one herself?
I'm pretty sure Ruko does have a wish as well but she just can't identify it (or something).
I'm thinking here, the thing she said about if everything were to disappear would the sis-con girl's sadness also disappear have something to do with her (future) wish? I also believe that the wish is also fullfilled in a sort of ''bad'' way.
I once heard a story that was about a girl and she had a wish fullfilling stone however whenever the girl would wish for something, something bad would happen to a random person, for example if she wished for money someone somewhere would lose all theirs. What if the selectors wishes were fullfilled in such a manner and thats what the cards were refering to that Tama didn't understand?
Ugh, I'm digging way to much into a show I wasn't even supposed to continue watching. :S
Oh well that's my five cents.
Apr 24, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2012
Wow wow Ruko thinking that if everything disappear, Yuzuki's sorrow may disappear too... such a weird way of thinking... though it is true if they are dead

OMG those girls from her school are such bitches oO how can they force someone like that... and that Akira is such a psycho..
Apr 24, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2009
1. There needs to be more tickle fights w/ yuzuki & ruuko

2. Dam akira, sending her underlings to fetch ruuko & calling them trash at the same time

3. Iona is much more intimidating than akira. She almost kissed ruuko :D

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 24, 2014 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
why on earth would they run away and hide ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

it's not like the other girls would use force in a classroom. And even if that was outside and they did use, I suppose they would all scatter if only one of them got overpowered, since that's how such groups tend to work.

... but then again, anime character are rarely capable and can't even say "no" half of the time.
Not directed at Ruko here, since she wanted to battle Akira.

I'm hoping for a battle next episode
Apr 24, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
warcon said:
I'm thinking here, the thing she said about if everything were to disappear would the sis-con girl's sadness also disappear have something to do with her (future) wish? I also believe that the wish is also fullfilled in a sort of ''bad'' way.
I once heard a story that was about a girl and she had a wish fullfilling stone however whenever the girl would wish for something, something bad would happen to a random person, for example if she wished for money someone somewhere would lose all theirs. What if the selectors wishes were fullfilled in such a manner and thats what the cards were refering to that Tama didn't understand?
Ugh, I'm digging way to much into a show I wasn't even supposed to continue watching. :S
Oh well that's my five cents.

Sounds like Henneko ^^

You might have some points, but I believe it will play out differently. What got me intrigued is how the other LRIGs were talking. Especially the following:

"I haven't seen Hitoe smile like that before. I wish I wasn't Hitoes LRIG."
And there's the unfinished sentence: "But, that means you're..."
This can't be just about battling. At least I hope so.

Well anyway - I was expecting a bit more. We are already 4 episodes in and I am still not really hooked :/
Apr 24, 2014 1:25 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Oh, Ruuko finally figures Yuzuki's incestuous desire.
Talking about love with Tama is pretty much pointless. XD

The conversation between cards was interesting.. So, what is it that Tama doesn't know?
Probably the fact that Ruuko doesn't have a wish. If that's the case, then there's nothing to be concerned of, since Tama plays for fun.

That short flashback.. That must've been her mother saying that she's scary. (?)
I can almost see that Ruuko, an average girl, turning into a WIXOSS battle maniac in future..

-- "This is no place for uglies like yourselves." XD
Serves them right. I dislike Akira but that was funny!

Iona seemed interested in Ruuko for once.. She was impressive in figuring that Ruuko doesn't have any wish.
But why'd it be a blasphemy?

Interesting episode. Wanted to see Ruuko vs. Akira or Ruuko vs. Iona at least.
Though, those battles may occur eventually.

Apr 24, 2014 1:31 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
There were interesting things brought up in this episode like others have said, such as what the cards are hiding about wishes, how it seems like maybe LRIGs aren't supposed to be friends with their owners because of whatever happens after the wish being fulfilled. The other interesting thing was why Iona said having no wish but seeking WIXOSS battles is blasphemy. Is it just her opinions and values, or is it something else?

I laughed pretty hard at how much those girls were sucking up to Akira, and how much they couldn't see through her oh so obvious facade. Not only that, it was quite absurd how much they went through just to keept Ruuko at school, even calling the teacher some offensive name ._. are they trying to be serious here?
Apr 24, 2014 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
Not too much happened this episode.But holy crap those girls are intimidating. Poor Ruuko.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Apr 24, 2014 1:41 PM
Mar 2012
Not going to lie, I can't find any of the girls likable other than the WIXOSS cards.
Apr 24, 2014 2:24 PM

May 2010
alexpte said:
Not going to lie, I can't find any of the girls likable other than the WIXOSS cards.

yup. with every episode im loosing interest in this anime.

3/5
Apr 24, 2014 2:40 PM

Aug 2011
Card games with girls.
WIXOSS cards seem to be the best.
Apr 24, 2014 2:56 PM

Nov 2012
She has no wishes...

She and Tama are the same,I'm guessing there's something deeper here like if Tama loses she'll died or something among those lines.

Battling addiction much?

And a WIXOSS party next?
VanishingKiraApr 24, 2014 3:02 PM
Apr 24, 2014 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
Ok now things are starting to get interesting ruko is blastaphone cannot spell :P bcus she doesent have a wish and she will be punished for this and something a about tenma but she doesent realize it yet maybe i think its to do with the power of the card maybe anguish and wanting to battle and all the other selectors have wishes so maybe she will end up having a wish but it will be something really bad but i reckon there is going to be another twist like if they have so many battles lost something bad will happen to them or the effects of the card game becomes real idk there is only 12 EPs its rated a 18+ so it is going to escalate o wel we shal see how this turns out :D:) but very good so far and yay more selectors going to be introduced in this party next ep cant wait :D:D
---edit----
*blasphemy*
and rated 17+ not 18+
haha my bad ^_^
WhiteJokerApr 24, 2014 3:05 PM
Apr 24, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
It's getting so ridiculous that I laughed half of the episode. Maybe it's out of despair?
Plus, putting some "yuri" subtext scenes like the last one won't miraculously make the show better. Hope the black girl isn't a lesbian, or it would be really too cliché. (but I don't say it would bother me though!)
Somehow, I want to know how *dark* it will really go. Cause as far as we are, it seems like a parody rather than anything else.
Apr 24, 2014 3:30 PM

Jun 2012
I pretty much hate every character in this show, and am watching it hoping to see them all suffer. Erm... I'm not sure how healthy this is, really...
Apr 24, 2014 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
The forced drama in this show is just so stupid. Three or so girls were chasing them and the best solution Yuzuki and Ruru can come up with was to hide in the storage room. And somehow they make the chase seem scary as if it was a life or death struggle. Seriously why can't they just say no and bitchslap everyone who stands in their way? They had Kazuki ffs but all he can do was to be a human traffic cone -___-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 24, 2014 5:35 PM

Dec 2012
What did we learn?

A group of high school girls is extremely dangerous. Especially if they throw out the words...scrub face 0_o.

AHHHHHH RUN FOR YO' LIVES!
SovietcongApr 24, 2014 5:39 PM
Apr 24, 2014 5:58 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The Ruko/Yuzuki sleepover was nice. Loved Yuzuki's playful side in this episode.

Those girls in Ruko's school can be very scary as a pack. When that girl entered the storage shed with a basketball I thought she was going to knock Ruko out with the ball. She had a wicked expression.

Ruko has an interesting character and I'm curious about her past and why that woman thought she was creepy.

LOL at Akira telling the girls to leave. Iona seems like a powerful selector that even Akira can't beat since Akira refuses to battle her.

Apr 24, 2014 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
They put some yuri scenes in this episode, that's sound so sweet.

Hitoe was getting along with Yuzuki and Ruuko.

I'm interesting in knowing more about Ruuko's past.
Apr 24, 2014 6:52 PM

May 2010
Damn that moment when Akira called those girls ugly was COLD.
And that other model girl is cold too. And those group of girls were kind of creepy. Pretty good episode tho.
Apr 24, 2014 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
This is actually a pretty good episode but it did not exceed my expectations in here. Needs more card battles. Though I like the friendship between Hitoe, Yuzuki, and Ruko.

Akira is such a persistent person, being crazy to set up a battle for Ruko and her.

Iona was pretty scary when saying stuff in front of Ruko. At least she talk smack to Akira about the card battle. No wish for Ruko huh...

I can sense some bloodlust between Ruko and Tama.

Apr 24, 2014 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
Really good episode. A lot of foreshadowing in this one which gets me pretty pumped up for next weeks.
Aki-lucky proves to be bad ass & best girl again. Fucking love her, when she called those girls ugly my love for her skyrocketed even more.
Apr 24, 2014 7:50 PM

Dec 2010
Not a bad episode, I'm beginning to get more interested in the world and the characters. I have to wonder what's up with Ruko's past, possibly abuse? Also, Midorikawa wanted to have someone other than Hitoe as her Selector, I wonder why? Also, the LRIG's seem to be keeping Tama in the dark about something...

I'm hoping we get more darkness and despair soon! Also Iona (I believe that's her name) is really intimidating...
Apr 24, 2014 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
I was hesitant to watch the next episode, but I actually really liked it, and I can't wait for the next episode. The only thing I don't like is how the card battles are so simple, and it looks like the selectors just tell their cards to attack randomly. I really should go look up the rules...

Hitoe's yelps are growing on me, and they are funny. "I can feel your friendship. It's beautiful" is a wonderful line that I will definitely say next time I make a friend.

I am SO glad those stupid schoolgirls were rejected by Akira. That was very satisfying. I really hope this series turns scary and thrilling eventually. It's the type of anime that can pull that off.
Apr 24, 2014 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
Hitoe now has friends! Yay! x3 She's the really shy and depressing-like type of character....but she's adorable. :3

I really though Ruuko was going to fight Akira! So scary! D: I wonder what will happen next....I kind of want to see Ruuko fight Akira....but doesn't sound selfish that I want Ruuko to beat the living hell out of Akira in WIXOSS? o-o
Apr 24, 2014 8:15 PM
Apr 2013
Honestly though, this anime gives off the Madoka Magica atmosphere with the wishes. And when the cards were talking to each other, it felt dark...
Apr 24, 2014 8:34 PM

Sep 2013
Yuzuki should have went R 17+ on Ruuko's ass ;)

Based on the preview Hitoe is evil or she is Iona in disguise, calling it.
Apr 24, 2014 9:49 PM
Jan 2013
This is just one of those chinese cartoons that is just so bad that it's good.
Apr 24, 2014 9:53 PM

May 2013
So things starts to become more darker. Hnnngggg.

As much that I liked this episode and Iona here, Akira deserves her punishment because of using girls in Ruko's school. I wonder what will be her reaction to Ruko's wish. Blasphemy.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 24, 2014 10:23 PM

Sep 2013
She should block Akira's email.

Putting there cards out there in plain sight was an idiot idea... they could of at least put there I'm their bags.

The random english from the english class sounded well.

Creepy flashback.

Wow she just looked into Ruuko's eyes and saw that she had no wish.

"Blasmephy" Ouch
Apr 24, 2014 10:30 PM

Feb 2014
This show turned out so much darker than I thought, yisssss.
I think this is the first anime to straight up tackle how twincest would be seen in a "normal" situation, rather than moving straight into panty shots and secret seduction. Thank God for avoiding cheesy yuri shit and moving straight into blasphemy and delusional, bitchy teenage girls.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Apr 24, 2014 11:29 PM

Nov 2012
if i were ruuko i'd just wish for lots of money or something like that if i didn't have anything else.

the whole chase scene was stupid, i mean didn't the girls realize that ruuko obviously didn't want to meet akira? oh well, in the end they got what they deserved.
Apr 24, 2014 11:37 PM

Aug 2013
Dat forced drama. I don't understand why Yuzuki wouldn't let her battle that bitch, since she already told her that she didn't wish anything, yet.

Ruuko and Tama are the only reason i still watch this. Other characters are just fucking retarded so far.
Apr 24, 2014 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
Hakuryuukou said:

Ruuko and Tama are the only reason i still watch this. Other characters are just fucking retarded so far.
^

Tama gets excited to battle Ru gets excited to battle..this can only end well right?.
Apr 25, 2014 12:03 AM
Jan 2014
About Hanayo and Midoriko's talking... So, what will happen if they don't use their cards for battle anymore? Will the LRIGs disappear or...? O.o

Iona can see right through people, eh. She's such an intimidating character. Love her nevertheless :3
Apr 25, 2014 3:27 AM

Apr 2014
I am not in it for incest. -.-
I want some deaths.
Next episode is the deathline for me.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 25, 2014 3:46 AM

Jul 2010
Stupid forced drama again <.<

The chase scene was ridiculous.
lol One of them was willing to casually diss the teacher.
Akira, telling them to leave was hilarious.

Useless Kazuki...

Akira... just fall down a cliff already...

lol it's truly the year of yuri.
Asuka_10Apr 25, 2014 8:56 AM
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 25, 2014 5:20 AM
Jan 2010
So looks like ruuko is slowly turning into tama and vice versa
Apr 25, 2014 7:07 AM
Jan 2011
Yuzuki spending the night in Ruko's house, well, it seems that Ruko knows that Yuzuki has brocon with her bro.
Apr 25, 2014 7:52 AM

Dec 2010
Are there only psychos in this series?
Apr 25, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
Iona is one of the the best characters so far, if not the best.. It's a pity that she rarely appears.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Apr 25, 2014 4:49 PM

Nov 2012
I can't believe that the teacher just took the insult without doing anything. Ruuko is by far the most interesting character so far thanks to this episode. It's true that all the other characters are pretty dull, but I hope to see if they can still shine later on.
Apr 25, 2014 7:05 PM

Oct 2010
It must be really hard to resist being taken in by school girls in broad daylight.
"You must come with me."
"Okay..."

Does anyone in this anime have common sense? And what's with these self-deprecating ways of thinking? "I don't have a wish so should I really be battling others..?" "But if I win, then that means her wish won't come true.. so I want to purposely lose to help this dork girl I just met a moment ago"

It'll be nice if Ruuko thinks "I don't have a wish, so my wish is to massacre all your wishes, and dine in your misery and tears." Would give the anime so much more than self-pitying little girls licking each other's wounds.
Apr 25, 2014 9:34 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I swear there is background music that pretty much Minecrafts theme...
Still waiting for it to get supah dark
cause I feel it.
I am enjoying this series more than I thought I wouldd
Apr 25, 2014 9:55 PM

Nov 2012
Aki-Lucky~ She got more bitches with her! Woohoo!

Really interested into what she means by "Tama is scary, the same as me" or something like that. Also interested to find out what Tama actually is as mentioned around mid-episode when Ruuko, Yuzuki. and Hitoe were battling.

Now that I think about it, if they didn't use their LRIG, what did they use? Other LRIG? Seems like it...

Really wish I understood what Ruuko said as in some 7000 power number thingy that I didn't understand... or so I think I did... did I?

After looking at the forums for a bit, the question of why Ruuko is a selector to begin with comes up. Now if I remember correctly, becoming a selector is at random. If you get the card with the talking LRIG, then you become a selector. But what if she was chooses purposely? Now for what reason? How about why everyone else was chosen? Why were they chosen instead of someone maybe a bit better (better then Akira, that's for sure, lol)? I can't actually say if they were chosen at random, but it definitely seems like that.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Apr 25, 2014 11:49 PM

Feb 2009
I swear...The hints are there.

I'm betting that Ruuko has some kind of sociopathy and is forcing herself to act kind and cheery for others to get along with them. No friends, no wishes...I bet she's empty on the inside and in denial. They constantly point out how no one can understand her, and she herself mentioned in one of the episodes of not being able to understand others.

Then her love for battle that she's just starting to acknowledge. Not just the card game, but while her friends comment on the game being painful, she just has the desire to battle.

I'm calling it now; Akira's gonna look into Ruuko's dream, and whatever she ends up seeing is gonna backfire and end up tormenting herself.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.