Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2014 7:04 AM

Sep 2011
I think i like this series. I was expecting to drop it on episode 3 but here i am. I really like the cruel setting of the world. It wasn't was i expected from a mmo adaptation. And of course, character design is as attractive as generic (best noses of the season).
May 20, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2011
Don't get why anyone feels sorry for the brother, he was a murderous little shithead. The first guy was self-defense but after that he was straight up murdering people for their stuff. He deserved to die and for once they weren't afraid to give a kid what they deserved. Glad this series is ignoring the 'Infant Immortality' trope, it's extremely unrealistic with how callous of a setting this is.

Other than that, not much to say. Average episode, on to the next.
Jul 3, 2014 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
At first I thought the boy was showing courage by killing the man who was robbing the woman, but then he turns around and starts murdering people for money. Brat deserved to die.

It seems that there are "terrible rumors" about Karen.. interesting indeed.

And of course Master Hon had to be a deformed old man :/
Sep 5, 2014 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
Aozure said:
Sure it wasn't great but it was much better than the last crappy episode, we finally get to see some more backstory and Alka development. I liked it even with the flaws.

I agree, better episode than the last two, we finally get info on why she's so emotionless and we also see how hings told by her old master and her new experiences might change her robotic ways.

I also like how this show doesn't bullshit around about how harsh death can come.

Spike_Terra said:
Yeah, I'm done. I can't follow this anymore, I'm tired of watching Alka not do anything but kill people. She is a silent protagonist (granted she talks like once in a while), who shows no emotion and I hate watching her be a useless extra in her own show. Maybe she'll develop towards the end of the show, but now all she does is wander around, seeking revenge in the most boring way possible.

Kind of strange of you to have this rant in this episode that actually tried to start solving her emotionless state and develop her as a character.

trickster20 said:
kuity said:

Even if she can't see, she has other senses. She could make a good guess. That's not a main issue by far.

I think she should have said "I can't see properly," would be better

Facepalm, are you people for real? The boy made noise by putting her sword on the bench. To you people think she doesn't know the noise of her sword inside it's covers make when she was holding it since she was a little child?
MonadSep 5, 2014 7:29 PM
Oct 16, 2014 2:46 PM
Mar 2014
Approva said:
That boy's sister got over his death rather quickly.

Was thinking the same like ooh noo nii-chan :'( 10 sec later she runs to the town can i have a job please ? yeah sure ok come with me *happy face.
I realy like the outro song tho.
Nov 29, 2014 3:57 PM

May 2012
Slightly better bes the drama of those kids, other than that still slow paced...
May 16, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
At first I thought the boy was showing courage by killing the man who was robbing the woman, but then he turns around and starts murdering people for money. Brat deserved to die.

This. Exactly! I would have really been rolling my eyes if he lived through this episode. Was glad to see him get what he had coming. I mean, the kid was a straight up merchant murdering machine. At least he had a motive that made sense and Aruka tried telling him not to. Showed a little insight into her character. Which is scarce this series...
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
May 26, 2016 6:57 AM
Dec 2015
Hated Seto after that murder he did, kid kinda deserved to die after that.

But yeah, glad to see that Pia turned out okay.
Can't lose if you don't play
Jul 13, 2016 5:32 PM

Aug 2015
The kid deserved it. I'm starting to think that the bar is the world hub and that Karen seems to slightly fishy. I haven't touched the source material so no idea whats going to happen.
Jan 29, 2019 2:31 AM
Jan 2014
Everyone that gets involved with Alka ends up much, much worse off than they were before. Disaster just follows her around.
Jul 30, 2019 6:09 PM

Nov 2016
This show keeps going down the dark path.

Poor boy, but his sister moved on quickly.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 21, 2021 6:09 AM

Feb 2020
Poor Pia. She lost her brother, but fortunately Karen is going to take care of her for now on.
Dec 18, 2023 5:46 AM
Oct 2023
The first Blade & Soul episode rated below four stars. The whole episode was essentially the definition of average. It wasn't a bad watch, and it advanced the plot nicely, and no more new impactful character introductions. On the flipside... those two siblings that got a majority of the airtime were a mixed bag AT BEST. MC couldn't improve on her step forward in her personality she took last episode because she spent all episode healing. And... it was the first episode I wasn't enthralled by. So... average. Through four episodes, my rating is an even 8/10. Still quite solid.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

96 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

67 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

49 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

72 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.