Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The fight continue and Norisuke try to protect Josu2ke in the end of the chapter. The cover of the Ultra Jump is just superb.
Apr 23, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2008
alway in raw and same the chapter was late this month.
Apr 24, 2014 8:31 AM

Oct 2007
I just caught up to where JJL is now, do the chapters come out monthly in Ultrajump? If so how quick are they usually translated?
Apr 24, 2014 9:07 AM
Oct 2013
Read through JJL until now and its my favourite arc so far. The bizarreness and mysteries in the story is just excellent.
Apr 24, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2008
Sakata-san said:
I just caught up to where JJL is now, do the chapters come out monthly in Ultrajump? If so how quick are they usually translated?

The chapter is out the 19th each month. The translate is done, but not the scan. Anyway, I read in French and the translate is done before English.
Apr 25, 2014 1:28 AM

Apr 2009
It seems like Araki's style is shifting again, a few things are drawn differently and I like the direction he seems to take.

Btw, someone on the Jojo forums made an interesting post about Yotsuyu's powers:
So I think the gravity thing in the title might be the key between Yotsuyu's abilities. I'm speculating that he's able to assume the traits of a celestial body, or is able to imitate a planet's traits. He's able to phase through the earth, take on physical properties like stone, and generate a gravitational field for a particular type of object (even while phasing).
He wasn't duplicating objects, he just planted them for when an intruder was going to approach the detached house.
As for the eyeball cloth... maybe he can generate stuff that's all natural?

I'm probably wrong. It's incredibly broken boss-tier stuff in any case.
NidhoeggrApr 25, 2014 1:52 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 25, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2010
I agree, I like the new direction that Araki is taking.

Jo2uke who is trying to protect with his life Yasuho.
We glimpsed a flashback on Norisuke, that was pretty interesting to see.

Also, Yotsuyu said something that "should" be a hint, but it was quite too vague.

As for Yotsuyu's powers I'm not sure. I could have never predicted Araki's mind in the past, so I can't possibly think to do so now. Instead I found particularly interesting the evolution of Stand&Wet. It seems that Jo2uke is finally understanding to master his Stand. (Even though I'm sure he's still far from knowing its true power).

Oh BTW, THE COVER OF YASUHO WAS LOVE.
Apr 25, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2012
i liked the chapter a lot but i wish we could get more plot progression per month. lately the pacing has been somewhat slow compared to earlier on.

yagiyama''s stand is really cool so far i'd love to get the specifics on all of it's abilities because before he was just using that transparent screen thing (on yasuho), then he started making things gravitate towards his enemies, and now he can become and to an extent control rock. his stand is just kind of all over the place.

also a new offensive ability from soft and wet although i kind of thought that josuke would be able to use the small bubbles to remove the minerals from yagiyama's body and render him defenseless this chapter.
Apr 26, 2014 3:02 AM

Apr 2009
I also noticed he is quoting Simon & Garfunkel with his "I am a rock" lines. Seems the Stand will be named after them and won't be called MC Hammer/Can't Touch This like I assumed earlier. I bit disappointing :(
NidhoeggrApr 26, 2014 3:15 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 27, 2014 12:48 AM

Mar 2008
tankoubon-feind said:
i liked the chapter a lot but i wish we could get more plot progression per month. lately the pacing has been somewhat slow compared to earlier on.

yagiyama''s stand is really cool so far i'd love to get the specifics on all of it's abilities because before he was just using that transparent screen thing (on yasuho), then he started making things gravitate towards his enemies, and now he can become and to an extent control rock. his stand is just kind of all over the place.

also a new offensive ability from soft and wet although i kind of thought that josuke would be able to use the small bubbles to remove the minerals from yagiyama's body and render him defenseless this chapter.

Yeah, the scene with Yasuho was very confuse, but I think that sheet (as the ability to turn in a rock) is from his body constitution. And he probably used his stand in himself to make the rocks pierce the bubble.

Apr 27, 2014 4:38 AM

Jun 2009
Akanezora said:

Oh BTW, THE COVER OF YASUHO WAS LOVE.

Oh yeah...

A pissed off Jo2uke declares war on Yutsuyu for trying to hurt Yasuho. He was a total badass there.

Personally I'm still assuming that Yutsuyu's Stand's ability is really just the gravity thing and the rock stuff has something to do with his body and/or whatever it is that he's trying to "obtain" and makes him so mad at Jo2uke.
Apr 27, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2010
So I was re-reading SBR and then found This
Apr 27, 2014 3:53 PM

Sep 2009
Akanezora said:

Yes, you were re-reading SBR, which is totally how you thought of that almost instantly after I posted this exact same theory on the JJBA facebook group, and even though this screencap isn't even from SBR.

And, you know, just so happened to link directly to the photo from my post.

You totally thought of this yourself.

http://i.imgur.com/jDejyIZ.jpg
LindleApr 27, 2014 3:57 PM
Apr 27, 2014 6:14 PM
Mar 2014
Lindle said:
Akanezora said:

Yes, you were re-reading SBR, which is totally how you thought of that almost instantly after I posted this exact same theory on the JJBA facebook group, and even though this screencap isn't even from SBR.

'Sup Camerupt

Also, I'm totally digging Yotsuyu. I had an idea that he might be a fused person like Josuke, but instead of having a fused stand he retained both abilities. I don't believe it though, the theory Nidhoeggr posted sounds a lot more plausible. Also, hoping that his stand name is Gravity of Love and not I Am A Rock, I Am An Island
Apr 27, 2014 7:39 PM

Sep 2009
HIPSTERMOONCAT said:
Lindle said:
Akanezora said:

'Sup Camerupt

Curses, my secret identity has been revealed.
Apr 27, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
@Lindle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCKp1Jgoj4
I'm really sorry, didn't mean to steal your glory, but how could I even know you were on MAL too?
Apr 27, 2014 8:11 PM

Sep 2009
Akanezora said:
@Lindle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaCKp1Jgoj4
I'm really sorry, didn't mean to steal your glory, but how could I even know you were on MAL too?

I am everywhere.
May 7, 2014 9:28 AM

Jul 2011
Lindle said:
this screencap isn't even from SBR.

So it's actually from part 8? Oh boy, the corpse is already becoming the arrow of the SBR verse. These hijinks don't bother me as much as some readers but it does become tiresome, there was more than enough about the corpse in SBR (at least that was my feeling, I was much more interested in the race and such).

Then again I might be seeing it out of context or something. I should probably shut up and keep reading.
Jun 8, 2014 10:26 AM

Sep 2009
Kellhus said:
Lindle said:
this screencap isn't even from SBR.

So it's actually from part 8? Oh boy, the corpse is already becoming the arrow of the SBR verse. These hijinks don't bother me as much as some readers but it does become tiresome, there was more than enough about the corpse in SBR (at least that was my feeling, I was much more interested in the race and such).

Then again I might be seeing it out of context or something. I should probably shut up and keep reading.
No, it is actually from part 8.
Nov 28, 2014 4:46 PM

Jul 2014
Pesticides coming out of nowhere. Only on JoJo.
Aug 27, 2015 12:25 AM
Aug 2011
THE JUGS ARE FLYING THIS WAAAAAAAAY JOUSUKEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cracked up at that great ending panel.
Oh man, my love for Jojo is endless.
Nov 28, 2017 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
How can they even defeat a rock man?
They don't have enough power to destroy the body.
The fire in his eyes reminded me of Johnny.
Jul 28, 2019 3:45 AM

Aug 2017
Kars finally returned from space
Aug 16, 2020 6:25 AM

Oct 2013
Duwang had "I am wood" phrase, but Part 8's Morioh has got "I am rock". xD
Aug 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
Really wonder how this guy is doing this stone thing, it doesn't seem to be his stand. Guess it'll be explained later on.

Interesting that Josuke can put entire people into his bubble. I was wondering if he can go that far with his bubbles. Luckily, Yotsuyu's ability doesn't seem to have that much range at least.
Aug 19, 2021 11:27 PM

Aug 2012
I was listening to "I Am a Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel while reading this, and I turned the page to the panel of Yagiyama saying "I am a rock, I am an island" right at that part in the chorus, it was a cool experience.

Jo2uke using his soap bubbles on stone boy was a really cool use of his ability and strategy, even if the results were short-lived.
Jan 30, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2020
Is this Angelo from part 4 lmao. This fight is very interesting I love it i still dont understand that stand abillity but i hope i will xD.
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Jun 25, 2022 6:50 AM

Sep 2020
the rock vs 4 balls continues
Nov 17, 2022 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
On a reread it's one thing to see people speculating on his ability when I know what it is, but it's a whole nother when the volume release has the explanation for his ability right at the end of this chapter, lol.
Oct 13, 2023 6:13 PM
Apr 2020
Interesting comments from Yagiyama... not sure what he means just yet
Nov 29, 2023 6:04 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to Rndmguypassingby
the rock vs 4 balls continues
@Rndmguypassingby Need this WWE matchup

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.