Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2009 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
Kagura89 said:
Nice episode ^_^
Feel like a shonen anime i guess (forgot that actually it's a harem anime)
Btw...in the next episode we will see adult Negi & Kotarou....and...

Can't wait to see them!!

Whoa! Is that true on Negi's adult VA?
Then I can't wait for it :D
This is a signature.
Oct 31, 2009 12:55 AM

Jul 2009
Darn, what happened in this episode was really unexpected for me^^''
I've only seen the Anime series so far, and to see Negima get so bloody in that battle was kind of shocking, ecspecially since I hate fighting Anime... And I kinda missed the Ecchi scenes there too TT_TT

Negima is supposed to be a Ecchi/Harem/Action crossover!!! So where's the Ecchi~ There was only some of it in the very beginning of the opening and the ending.

Still, this was a really good episode. As long as they get more "story-wise" instead of filling the next episode with fighting sequences, I'll be happy.

UPDATE: By the looks of it's new trailer for the second episode, it seems like they're turning back to their perverted roots! Yay! Even tentacle scenes...
OAD 2 Promotion Video: http://negima.kc.kodansha.co.jp/special/pv02.html
Keitaro004Oct 31, 2009 1:11 AM
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Nov 1, 2009 10:55 AM

Oct 2008
Keitaro004 said:

Negima is supposed to be a Ecchi/Harem/Action crossover!!! So where's the Ecchi~ There was only some of it in the very beginning of the opening and the ending.

Noi it isn´t ... if there are some ppl who just watched the anime series, doesn´t mean that that´s all is about this great plot ^^.

Advice: read the manga :D
Nov 1, 2009 11:07 AM

Jul 2008
taiyougumi said:
Keitaro004 said:

Noi it isn´t ... if there are some ppl who just watched the anime series, doesn´t mean that that´s all is about this great plot ^^.

I agree dude you can't say what it's about when you only saw around 5% of it (which is the anime serie and even there they managed to put an anime original ending -.-).
Nov 2, 2009 5:38 AM

Jul 2009
taiyougumi said:
Keitaro004 said:

Well, I read the 1st and 3th volume of the Manga, and it still looks like Ecchi and Comedy was the main ingredients, even if some magic fighting and Drama were involved. Also, I didn't say that was the plot, only that it's the most used happenings in the series^^''

I mean, look at all the Negima video games released! The first 3 ones were rated 18+ because of nudity, while the new ones out now usually are 12+, ALSO because of nudity. I mean, it isn't easy to not see Negima as something other than a Harem/Ecchi/Comedy Anime, when they even released a Hot Spring game for it on the DS... Heh, I guess they're just milking the formula then XD
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Nov 2, 2009 11:06 AM

Oct 2008
Keitaro004 said:
taiyougumi said:
Keitaro004 said:

Well, I read the 1st and 3th volume of the Manga, and it still looks like Ecchi and Comedy was the main ingredients, even if some magic fighting and Drama were involved. Also, I didn't say that was the plot, only that it's the most used happenings in the series^^''

I mean, look at all the Negima video games released! The first 3 ones were rated 18+ because of nudity, while the new ones out now usually are 12+, ALSO because of nudity. I mean, it isn't easy to not see Negima as something other than a Harem/Ecchi/Comedy Anime, when they even released a Hot Spring game for it on the DS... Heh, I guess they're just milking the formula then XD

Even the comedy an ecchi parts are there, it´s the way that Akamatsu is used to draw, but in the last chapters of the manga, you can see that the idea behind Negima is quite different, and the chapters where the ecchi/comedy are prominent, you can feel the "filler" thing there... And about the games... most of them are of Negima!? series, which is more a spin-off than a real anime adaptation, so...

You can feel the "shounen" change in the Festival Arc (Arc which BTW probably you will never see in any anime EVER)... and of course, I love the ecchi/comedy, because it´s what makes Negima! sou different from other regular shounen, but don´t say that that is "supouse to be" most important, becouse it isn´t.
Nov 8, 2009 7:27 AM
Nov 2009
finally it have more action and suspense on the ep...love it its really a great anime...

by the way does anyone know when will the next episode will be aired???...

tnx a lot...
Nov 8, 2009 7:39 AM

Mar 2008

Awesome, Thrilling, Epic, etc...

sonicspin said:

- The cut where Setsuna protecting Konoka in her maid outfit and nekomimi was awesome.

Agreed.

Tear28 said:
finally it have more action and suspense on the ep...love it its really a great anime...

by the way does anyone know when will the next episode will be aired???...

tnx a lot...

I've heard from a few people that it should be out around February of 2010.
"That's because the OAD's are only sold with the limited edition version of the manga and the next tankōbon should come out in December." (And this).

So it sounds like it is going to be a while until everyone gets more magical battles. >:
And a while until I get more of my lovely Asuna. ;_;

Nov 8, 2009 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
Nishitomi_Negi said:
Keitaro004 said:
taiyougumi said:
Keitaro004 said:

Even the comedy an ecchi parts are there, it´s the way that Akamatsu is used to draw, but in the last chapters of the manga, you can see that the idea behind Negima is quite different, and the chapters where the ecchi/comedy are prominent, you can feel the "filler" thing there... And about the games... most of them are of Negima!? series, which is more a spin-off than a real anime adaptation, so...

You can feel the "shounen" change in the Festival Arc (Arc which BTW probably you will never see in any anime EVER)... and of course, I love the ecchi/comedy, because it´s what makes Negima! sou different from other regular shounen, but don´t say that that is "supouse to be" most important, becouse it isn´t.

True... You got a couple of points there. Maybe I should start reading further into the Manga. BUT, just to tell off, it was the original "Mahou Sensei Negima" games that was rated 18+ and the spin-off series got off by 12+. Meh, never mind anyway^^''

I just got to face it then. Negima has turned Naruto, which is one of my greatest fears because I hate violent fighting/battling Anime. I just find it so boring... *Sigh* but I'll continue reading the manga further and see if I like it. Excuse me then, you really got me there. And I agree: If theres some fanservice mixed into the battle scenes, maybe I'll find it more interesting (Hehe). Sorry for the misunderstanding then!
Nov 8, 2009 5:43 PM

Oct 2008
It´s so NOT Naruto-alike.. (actually I really hate Naruto ,and Bleach a little so XP), but is a fighting shounen... that´s all... it has a lot of fan service, it has so great art design (the last OVAs were quite similar to the original manga), and has so deep and interesting plot... anything of those things are in Naruto which is quite plan ¬¬ the only thing they have in common is that both are battle shounen, that´s all.
Nov 9, 2009 5:25 AM

Dec 2008
^^What he said.
Nov 10, 2009 3:43 AM

Jul 2009
Good to hear! As long as the plot is good, and not anything like those other brainless Fighting shounen where they fight for... well, no good reason, this seems to be quite good anyway^^ I'll start looking forward for more then!
Nov 22, 2009 11:29 PM

Apr 2009
omg i can't stop watching th e fight scene over and over again. maybe cause it's finally a negima fight scene done right! And Ku Fei gotta do Hadouken! looking forward to the other 3 eps and hopefully the movie.
"Eat till you explode,
Play till you drop,
Whatever reason it is, just live live live!"
Nov 30, 2009 6:27 PM

Jun 2008
I finally got around to watching it. Wow, it was worth the wait!! Definately a 10/10. This made up for all the bad storylines.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 12, 2009 1:11 PM

Nov 2009
When Negi moves in the manga picture, I psych out like a fangirl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwP35CneOcM&rel=1">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwP35CneOcM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

-Is the youtube link working?
MaseroDec 12, 2009 9:16 PM
Dec 12, 2009 3:41 PM

Jul 2008
blowuup said:
I freeze in the opening when Negi moves in the manga picture.

-Is the youtube link working?

Corrected.

You got the tag right but you need not take the full url, in this case it would not be [ yt ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwP35CneOcM[[/yt] but [ yt ]RwP35CneOcM[/yt]
Dec 12, 2009 9:15 PM

Nov 2009
I see. Thank you.
Jul 23, 2010 2:04 AM

Sep 2008
I did it! *sniffles*
It took 186 chapters, but Negi finally got impaled.
Today is a joyous day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2010 9:37 AM

Dec 2009
WOOOOOOOAH!
I admit that i didn't read those chapters from the OVA yet, but i couldn't help but to watch. I watched the original anime and it sucks, especially because of the art, it's so.. i don't know, it doens't look like the manga art - which is amazing - at all. And that's why i love this OVA so much, the art is incredible & the fights are breath taking ~ ♥
Apr 19, 2011 4:14 PM

Nov 2009
WOW! This episode was purely amazing, loved it! :)
Feb 27, 2014 9:35 PM
May 2013
I thought is going to be average, but I loved it.
Apr 22, 2015 3:50 PM

Oct 2010
After re-watching this episode again, I am still hoping one day we are getting a full anime series of the manga with all the amazing arcs.
blackstar44Jan 31, 2016 12:15 PM
Feb 27, 2016 4:17 PM

May 2012
Quite an action filled episode, a lot different pacing than the previous OVA's and the main series! Let's see what's next.
Jun 17, 2016 9:16 AM

Jul 2014
Damn that fight scene was epic man!! It was Negima had sex with DBZ and this was the child. Too bad we'll never get that epic Negima Anime we've been wanting. But this is just was cool. :)
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 2, 2017 4:02 AM

Dec 2013
This episode blew me away. The intensity was amazing!
Mar 26, 2018 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Wow didn't expect such great fighting scenes, really impressive episode. If the other OVAs will have the same quality then this will be a blast :3
Apr 5, 2022 12:19 PM

Nov 2010
Cool fight scenes! Damn, Fate is already so OP, no wonder he is nearly untouchable during the events of UQ Holder.

Konoka was so cute, especially naked! hehe

Ah, so these are the events that led to Yue's side story.
Jun 27, 2022 8:03 AM

Jan 2020
There really are a ton of characters... Anyway, this doesn't seem too quick, but at the same time, since I haven't read the manga, it's not like I know what I'm missing. In a way I guess that's somewhat advantageous.

Yeesh, I thought Negi would be more impressive now. Instead he basically got one-shotted. Though maybe that is in part to their lack of weapons. Still, as a mage I'd think he could cast spells without needing any tools.

The fighting is pretty interesting to look at. But, that's never been an issue with this series. Even in the original anime the fight scenes were pretty well done.

Konoka sure did cast a long ass spell for there "probably being less than 30 seconds left."

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 4 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Aug 17, 2010

44 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 28, 2022 12:04 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

Lindle - Jan 29, 2011

5 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 11:25 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Skyway - Nov 16, 2009

61 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 10:33 PM

» Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

bakakubi - May 21, 2010

40 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Dec 5, 2019 3:16 AM

» Mahou Sensei Negima! Mou Hitotsu no Sekai Ariadne Arc

Nuzuky - Nov 1, 2010

0 by Nuzuky »»
Nov 1, 2010 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.