Forum Settings
Forums

Manga Author of Crayon Shin-chan Goes Missing [Updated Sep 19]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
 
Sep 18, 2009 4:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 65243
That's good.
 
 
Sep 18, 2009 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 99
ladyxzeus said:
It only means that Crayon Shin-chan will be over. ABOUT DAMN TIME


+1
 
Sep 18, 2009 9:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 612
badass
 
Sep 18, 2009 1:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 220
Sonofjohn said:
Sollie said:
lol u suck


I am a thoroughbred Ox. I cannot suck. I exist to kick ass.

good for u...

instead of kicking ass
it looks like your talking thru your ass
 
Sep 18, 2009 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1359
AirStyles said:
............ not something to do with his legal case in China I hope... I mean, he got accuse of copyrighting in China claiming he stole Crayon Shin-Chan or something.


Chinese mafia.
 
Sep 18, 2009 3:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 392
Sonofjohn said:
Dreamtheater2112 said:
silence douche
Internet powers diminishing... Can't breathe...


damn right it is douche
 
Sep 18, 2009 5:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 277
Sollie said:
good for u...

instead of kicking ass
it looks like your talking thru your ass


It's hard to see when my hooves are shoved through your eye sockets.

That's right fagot, I'm an internet bad ass ox.
 
Sep 18, 2009 5:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 277
Dreamtheater2112 said:
damn right it is douche


Pain increasing...

help please...
 
Sep 18, 2009 10:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 392
Sonofjohn said:
Dreamtheater2112 said:
damn right it is douche


Pain increasing...

help please...


piss off...I'm not gonna help a douche
 
 
Sep 19, 2009 12:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 1536
How some of you can get away with this kind of talk, and insult one another for a long time, is beyond me.

Anyways, let's hope the author will be okay.
 
Sep 19, 2009 12:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
News Update
On September 19th, a climber found a body of a man in Arafune mountain, which Usui headed for. The body fell 250 - 300 meter from the peak rock and was badly damaged. According to the police, the clothes of the body resembles Usui's. The police will recover and identify the body on September 20th.

Source: Asahi
Modified by dtshyk, Sep 19, 2009 7:03 AM
 
Sep 19, 2009 6:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1963
dtshyk said:
News Update
On September 19th, a climber found a body of a man in Arafune mountain, which Usui headed for. The body fell 200 meter from the rocky tract. According to the police, the clothes of the body resembles Usui's. The police will recover and identify the body on September 20th.

Sources:
TBS news
FNN
NTV


if its really him,

Rest in Peace =/

(and i gladly hope they stop producing crayon shin-chan, sry fans its not my cup of tea)
 
Sep 19, 2009 6:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3232
I guess that's the end of it (no pun intended).
Sad way to go.

Even if you do not like the manga or anime, you'll have to admit it has had a large influence of anime as a whole.
 
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
inb4 "I_feel_so_sad_about_this_genius_whatever" comment rain from from people who never ever knew of hm before.
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4608
Fai said:
inb4 "I_feel_so_sad_about_this_genius_whatever" comment rain from from people who never ever knew of hm before.


Yes because humans can only feel empathy for those they only personally have had human contact with. Obviously.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
just heard about the news too.. omg, i'm so sad!!! his work is a classic!
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Beatnik said:

Yes because humans can only feel empathy for those they only personally have had human contact with. Obviously.


Empathy is good.

Hearing "omg he was a great man" "omg he was a genius", etc from people who have no idea who he was is disgusting.
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 3232
Fai said:
Beatnik said:

Yes because humans can only feel empathy for those they only personally have had human contact with. Obviously.


Empathy is good.

Hearing "omg he was a great man" "omg he was a genius", etc from people who have no idea who he was is disgusting.
And how would you judge that they have "no idea who he was"?
 
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 8728
Soheddie said:
Fai said:
Beatnik said:

Yes because humans can only feel empathy for those they only personally have had human contact with. Obviously.


Empathy is good.

Hearing "omg he was a great man" "omg he was a genius", etc from people who have no idea who he was is disgusting.
And how would you judge that they have "no idea who he was"?


Even though I didn't know him personally,,but I respect him for his manga...I think it's enough...
 
Sep 19, 2009 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1078
dtshyk said:
News Update
On September 19th, a climber found a body of a man in Arafune mountain, which Usui headed for. The body fell 250 - 300 meter from the peak rock and was badly damaged. According to the police, the clothes of the body resembles Usui's. The police will recover and identify the body on September 20th.

Source: Asahi


Shit just got real.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
 
Sep 19, 2009 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1369
Poor guy.

I feel bad for his fans and family.
 
Sep 19, 2009 4:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5547
:( I was hoping it wouldn't end like this.

Didn't his phone have a GPS or something like American phones do? They could have found him much faster using that, especially since they knew where he went...
Unless the phone company didn't cooperate, which does happen...
 
Sep 19, 2009 4:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 631
Not so funny now, is it?
 
Sep 19, 2009 6:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 772
I wanna cry.
For real, man, I can't believe this is happening.
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4613
It is rather tragic that Usui-san had gone missing only to be found in the mountains dead.

May his soul rest in peace!
 
Sep 19, 2009 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 276
Not so funny now, is it?
 
Sep 19, 2009 9:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3267
Amex_Yohko said:
I'm not trolling but I think this should be a good news instead. In my country the Shin-chan is annoyingly popular. I hope Usui's death will make my country stop showing it.
You like Gundam SEED, right? Then you should know that entire episodes can be created from recycled footage.
 
 
Sep 19, 2009 9:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5547
Amex_Yohko said:
I'm not trolling but I think this should be a good news instead. In my country the Shin-chan is annoyingly popular. I hope Usui's death will make my country stop showing it.
I've seen you make many stupid posts, but this has to take the cake.
 
Sep 19, 2009 10:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2021
I cannot believe the immaturity of some people in this thread. Truly, there are some disgusting people in the world.

While I was never a fan of Shin-chan, the author is still another human being with friends and family members. If that corpse really is him, then my condolensces. May he RIP (that is, if that corpse is him)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
 
Sep 19, 2009 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1098
What is this, some kind of retarded custom on MAL where we hear a famous person die or go missing, someone makes a thread about it and then we see 100+ comments where people bash and troll each other and make fun of the person we are suppose to tragically refer to?!

CCZilla said:
Man, it'd be terrible if he died so suddenly. His Shin-chan character's an icon in Japan. For Americans, it'd be equivalent to Matt Groening of The Simpsons and Futurama fame suddenly dropping dead. For that reason alone, I hope he's found safely. I've never cared for Crayon Shin-chan, but many MANY people do and this would just break their hearts.


It definitly would be. Not that I'm a huge fan of Shin-Chan, but it's safe to say he's like the Marc Brown of Japan. If the remains of the body are confirmed to be truly Yoshito Usui, then not only will I be saddened, but I may officially have a second opinion about Japanese society. I know suicide to the Japanese isn't considered so much of a bad thing psychologically (in fact it has been considered somewhat of an honorable act since the existence of samurai in the feudal era), but still a life is a life. Once you end it, that's officialy it, you can't expect to live again, and good luck gambling on finding an afterlife.

I actually found a a couple of Yotube videos from a guy named unrested. He's a gaijin and happend to share his insight on this:




I seriously wish the Japanese would be more well... helpful to one another with their psychogical issues. They make he general society in Japan seem like a do-eat-dog world or something.
 
 
Sep 19, 2009 10:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1098
guyklc said:
I cannot believe the immaturity of some people in this thread. Truly, there are some disgusting people in the world.

While I was never a fan of Shin-chan, the author is still another human being with friends and family members. If that corpse really is him, then my condolensces. May he RIP (that is, if that corpse is him)


What's worse is that while Japanese citizens wouldn't neccesarily make fun of suicidal people, many of them would act non-chalant about it, or make it seem troublesome, as if they have roaches in their home or something.
 
Sep 19, 2009 10:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Hypeathon said:
What's worse is that while Japanese citizens wouldn't neccesarily make fun of suicidal people, many of them would act non-chalant about it, or make it seem troublesome, as if they have roaches in their home or something.


Because unlke in other countries where OMG_Christanity_says_its_bad has been spread, Japan has a long-reaching traditions and respect for what is considered a suicide.


Its not something that would be considered a "bad thng"
 
Sep 19, 2009 11:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1098
Fai said:
Hypeathon said:
What's worse is that while Japanese citizens wouldn't neccesarily make fun of suicidal people, many of them would act non-chalant about it, or make it seem troublesome, as if they have roaches in their home or something.


Because unlke in other countries where OMG_Christanity_says_its_bad has been spread, Japan has a long-reaching traditions and respect for what is considered a suicide.

Its not something that would be considered a "bad thng"


If you look at post #102, the comment I made before the the one you replied to, it states my awareness on how the Japanese have considered suicide within their history.

That being said, even if to them it's not considered a bad thing, it doesn't change my opinion about it. A life is a life. Why have it end knowing you cannot have a second one? The Japanese can claim it as respectful if they want, but I don't believe that's why someone would commit suicide. There are psychological and overwhelming reasons. And if the ones that are willing to commit suicide find it honorable, then all I can say is good luck appreciating the "respects" of their fellow citizens when they are not alive to know that.

Also while I'm Catholic and not Christian, I personally find all religion to be unneccesary to live by regularly.
Modified by Hypeathon, Sep 19, 2009 11:43 PM
 
Sep 20, 2009 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7547
What the fuck? You truly are ignorant Hypeathon. Nowhere is it stated he committed suicide so mentioning suicide has no place in this thread.
 
Sep 20, 2009 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 437
Drunk_Samurai said:
What the fuck? You truly are ignorant Hypeathon. Nowhere is it stated he committed suicide so mentioning suicide has no place in this thread.


true, he's making shit up.
 
Sep 20, 2009 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1098
Rail_Man said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
What the fuck? You truly are ignorant Hypeathon. Nowhere is it stated he committed suicide so mentioning suicide has no place in this thread.


true, he's making shit up.


Hey smartass, look up the word "opinion" in the dictionary.
 
Sep 20, 2009 4:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 437
Hypeathon said:
Rail_Man said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
What the fuck? You truly are ignorant Hypeathon. Nowhere is it stated he committed suicide so mentioning suicide has no place in this thread.


true, he's making shit up.


Hey smartass, look up the word "opinion" in the dictionary.


No?
 
Sep 22, 2009 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 163
i feel bad for fans :(
& the family D:


 
Oct 1, 2009 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4068
i came across this news story from the 20th where they show recovery of the body by helicopter.


I am a banana.
 
 
Oct 1, 2009 8:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3010
RIP
 
Oct 3, 2009 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6393
Why do I got this strong feeling that he was murdered? Some people bring him to the side of the cliff and push...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Oct 3, 2009 7:19 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4068
they just happened to know he was going for a hike there in that remote area? It doesn't seem likely..... accident or suicide.

I am a banana.
 
Oct 3, 2009 7:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1002
They never said he told someone he went on the mountain did he? And where did they find out where he fell? And how the heck do they know what clothes he got? Old clothes?
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
 
Oct 3, 2009 7:57 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4068
the family requested that police search that area because that is where he mentioned he would be hiking when he left on the morning of the 11th (or was that just when he was officially reported missing... oh well).

apparently a hiker found his body afterward and reported it to police, who then airlifted the remains by helicopter from the base of the cliff so the family could confirm his identity. They knew what he was wearing based on the missing person report which details what he was wearing that morning.

I am a banana.
 
 
Jun 10, 2011 8:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 39
Sonofjohn said:
Hamel said:
I don't get the people that make fun of it


You can't understand why someone would criticize a crayon drawn anime?


yes its stupid. he is missing. well its confirmed hes dead but ppl are laughing and making jokes. i hope their families die...
 
Jun 10, 2011 9:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
deathscore said:
Sonofjohn said:
Hamel said:
I don't get the people that make fun of it


You can't understand why someone would criticize a crayon drawn anime?


yes its stupid. he is missing. well its confirmed hes dead but ppl are laughing and making jokes. i hope their families die...


mature
 
Jul 16, 2013 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 156
deathscore said:
Sonofjohn said:
Hamel said:
I don't get the people that make fun of it


You can't understand why someone would criticize a crayon drawn anime?


yes its stupid. he is missing. well its confirmed hes dead but ppl are laughing and making jokes. i hope their families die...
deathscore said:
Sonofjohn said:
Hamel said:
I don't get the people that make fun of it


You can't understand why someone would criticize a crayon drawn anime?


yes its stupid. he is missing. well its confirmed hes dead but ppl are laughing and making jokes. i hope their families die...

Never wish death on anyone or and especially on their family life has a way of coming dishing you what you wish unto others..

R.I.P. Usui Yoshito , thx for brightening up my youth with your anime Shin Chan still watching re runs of re-runs of re-runs, Shin Chan funniest lecherous anime character ever.

 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]