Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion

Aug 12, 2018 4:14 AM
Animation: 5/5
Dialogue/Narration: 5/5
The Fight: 5/5

Enjoyment: 81818727478382929191919/5

Aug 21, 2018 10:41 AM

You know which word is overused? Epic. You know which word is 100% applicable to this episode? Fucking EPIC!

Netero is definitely the biggest badass in this series, and considering the amount of badasses we've seen so far, that's saying A LOT. Also, he doesn't need to call in a nuclear strike. He freaking IS the nuclear strike! How awesome is that?!?! I mean, too bad he had to die, and was unable to best the king in one-on-one combat... but if I could choose a way to go out, I would definitely choose this to: Saying a bunch of cool one-liners and then becoming an atomic explosion.

Sweeeeeeet.

/edit: Also, this episode turned me neterosexual.

Aug 21, 2018 11:57 AM

wait did netero died…like how I was not expecting that…. Things keep on getting oddly better

Aug 27, 2018 2:38 PM

What is this bullshit, really?

Jan 3, 8:16 PM

Talk about a too OP enemy... seriously I didn't think the fight would end like that for Netero :/ really a shame to be honest, but way too impressive as I am completely stunned!

Really looking forwards to see what's next.

Jan 20, 12:06 AM

Simply fantastic.

Also, Netero's face here really reminded me of the genocide ending to Undertale

"SINCE WHEN WERE YOU THE ONE IN CONTROL?"

Jan 20, 10:38 AM
Up yours ant Going out with a bang

Jan 24, 11:21 AM

I know this came out 8 years ago but I'm watching the dub and this is turning into a masterpiece on par with Berserk as the greatest fiction story from anime and manga. This story compares with great western canon fiction.

That ending with Netero, wow. 'You know nothing about the implacability of the human soul! The misery and darkness in our hearts!'

Feb 12, 2:39 AM

What an episode! Absolutely epic and fantastic. This was probably one of the best episodes in anime history.

Jul 26, 6:07 PM

DarkInsomnia57 said:

That ending with Netero, wow. 'You know nothing about the implacability of the human soul! The misery and darkness in our hearts!'

Netero's original sub quote is far better, very positive regarding humanity referring to how we are infinitely more evolved. I may prefer dubs but I do dislike when meanings are changed so drastically. Netero is a wise old man and understands that Humans are Superior, he is not some hippy vegan : p.

Seems like dubbed meanings have started to drift more and more to reflecting the dubber's ideological views, hope Japanese companies step up and put the dubbers in their place to ensure that their characters aren't changed too drastically, although this case is thankfully one of the examples that is slight enough to be overlooked.

Jul 26, 7:16 PM

Darken365 said:
DarkInsomnia57 said:

Netero's original sub quote is far better, very positive regarding humanity referring to how we are infinitely more evolved. I may prefer dubs but I do dislike when meanings are changed so drastically. Netero is a wise old man and understands that Humans are Superior, he is not some hippy vegan : p.

Seems like dubbed meanings have started to drift more and more to reflecting the dubber's ideological views, hope Japanese companies step up and put the dubbers in their place to ensure that their characters aren't changed too drastically, although this case is thankfully one of the examples that is slight enough to be overlooked.

I was just paraphrasing. 'Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for malice!' is apparently what he said.

Jul 27, 12:47 PM

DarkInsomnia57 said:

I was just paraphrasing. 'Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for malice!' is apparently what he said.

Yes however my point was that the dub quote is far different from the sub quote, wasn't referring specifically to your paraphrase of the dub quote. The actual dub quote is very different from the meaning of the sub quote is what I was pointing out.

Jul 27, 1:00 PM

Darken365 said:
DarkInsomnia57 said:

Yes however my point was that the dub quote is far different from the sub quote, wasn't referring specifically to your paraphrase of the dub quote. The actual dub quote is very different from the meaning of the sub quote is what I was pointing out.

Oh. You mean, "Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for evolution!".

Right? It can be translated both ways, apparently. There's always quibbling about it. Which version to pick.

Jul 27, 1:22 PM

DarkInsomnia57 said:

Oh. You mean, "Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for evolution!".

Right? It can be translated both ways, apparently. There's always quibbling about it. Which version to pick.

Yep, however seems to me the translation to better fit the meaning would be the first. Surely claims that both translations are easily interchangeable is a stretch. The words used in Japanese for such phrases are just too far apart from each other in meaning to be able to be translated both ways. The safe bet is to just blame the dubbers especially since they've been losing it in recent years. Hell nowadays most don't even include the honorifics unfortunately; -sama, -san, -chan.

Jul 27, 5:49 PM

Darken365 said:
DarkInsomnia57 said:

Yep, however seems to me the translation to better fit the meaning would be the first. Surely claims that both translations are easily interchangeable is a stretch. The words used in Japanese for such phrases are just too far apart from each other in meaning to be able to be translated both ways. The safe bet is to just blame the dubbers especially since they've been losing it in recent years. Hell nowadays most don't even include the honorifics unfortunately; -sama, -san, -chan.

I think overall I'd say I prefer the subbed line, yes. Evolution is much deeper. It implies the grand scheme of things, which is that humans may seem weak but have a hardy spirit.

Malice implies the human has 'mastered' the insect, which isn't true. It's clear by the end of the arc that humans and insects--with these insects being half or even more, human--are on somewhat equal terms in their desires, besides the manic killing-spree foundation of insect-kind.

Do you think the dubbed line is dumbed down at all? What do you think is exactly wrong with it?

Jul 27, 6:56 PM

DarkInsomnia57 said:

I think overall I'd say I prefer the subbed line, yes. Evolution is much deeper. It implies the grand scheme of things, which is that humans may seem weak but have a hardy spirit.

Malice implies the human has 'mastered' the insect, which isn't true. It's clear by the end of the arc that humans and insects--with these insects being half or even more, human--are on somewhat equal terms in their desires, besides the manic killing-spree foundation of insect-kind.

Do you think the dubbed line is dumbed down at all? What do you think is exactly wrong with it?

I would say that humans mastered the insect however malice to me refers to humans in a negative light despite the ants being a semi-hive mind monstrously savage species. My issue with such sympathy toward the ants is simply that humans regardless of our actions are not comparable to the ants. This was shown in the scene as well with Netero being disgusted at Meruem for looking down on him. paraphrase- "An ant should never look down on a human!". My favorite line of the arc.

Aug 1, 9:19 AM
Finally a battle with no stretching narration, no head scratching dialogue, no bullshit tactic, and no stupid buff. I'm so tired of Gon, Knuckle, Pitou and Pouf in the last 10 episodes. Thank god this episode comes out. Everything is kept at simple: the fighting, the dialogue, the payoff and it turns out to be amazing. Goodbye Netero, and goodbye Meruem (maybe). In the end, it's still human intelligence the strongest weapon, not Nen.

Best episode of the arc or even the whole TV series (till now), but CA arc is still my least favorite. Let's see what happens next!

Aug 24, 3:04 PM

Amazing episode!

The animation is top! RIP Netero. He gave everything against Meruem.

Sep 18, 9:19 PM

By far the best episode yet. The amount of comments and insanely high rating (for this episode) says it all
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.

Sep 22, 9:41 AM
I swear to God, if Meruem is still alive...

Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

Preview MangaManga Store