Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]
Post New Reply
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion

Aug 21, 2018 11:57 AM

wait did netero died…like how I was not expecting that…. Things keep on getting oddly better

Aug 27, 2018 2:38 PM

What is this bullshit, really?

Jan 3, 2019 8:16 PM

Talk about a too OP enemy... seriously I didn't think the fight would end like that for Netero :/ really a shame to be honest, but way too impressive as I am completely stunned!

Really looking forwards to see what's next.

Jan 20, 2019 12:06 AM

Simply fantastic.

Also, Netero's face here really reminded me of the genocide ending to Undertale

"SINCE WHEN WERE YOU THE ONE IN CONTROL?"

Jan 20, 2019 10:38 AM
Up yours ant Going out with a bang

Jan 24, 2019 11:21 AM

I know this came out 8 years ago but I'm watching the dub and this is turning into a masterpiece on par with Berserk as the greatest fiction story from anime and manga. This story compares with great western canon fiction.

That ending with Netero, wow. 'You know nothing about the implacability of the human soul! The misery and darkness in our hearts!'

Feb 12, 2019 2:39 AM
What an episode! Absolutely epic and fantastic. This was probably one of the best episodes in anime history.

Jul 26, 2019 6:07 PM

DarkInsomnia57 said:

That ending with Netero, wow. 'You know nothing about the implacability of the human soul! The misery and darkness in our hearts!'

Netero's original sub quote is far better, very positive regarding humanity referring to how we are infinitely more evolved. I may prefer dubs but I do dislike when meanings are changed so drastically. Netero is a wise old man and understands that Humans are Superior, he is not some hippy vegan : p.

Seems like dubbed meanings have started to drift more and more to reflecting the dubber's ideological views, hope Japanese companies step up and put the dubbers in their place to ensure that their characters aren't changed too drastically, although this case is thankfully one of the examples that is slight enough to be overlooked.

Jul 26, 2019 7:16 PM

Darken365 said:
DarkInsomnia57 said:

Netero's original sub quote is far better, very positive regarding humanity referring to how we are infinitely more evolved. I may prefer dubs but I do dislike when meanings are changed so drastically. Netero is a wise old man and understands that Humans are Superior, he is not some hippy vegan : p.

Seems like dubbed meanings have started to drift more and more to reflecting the dubber's ideological views, hope Japanese companies step up and put the dubbers in their place to ensure that their characters aren't changed too drastically, although this case is thankfully one of the examples that is slight enough to be overlooked.

I was just paraphrasing. 'Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for malice!' is apparently what he said.

Jul 27, 2019 12:47 PM

DarkInsomnia57 said:

I was just paraphrasing. 'Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for malice!' is apparently what he said.

Yes however my point was that the dub quote is far different from the sub quote, wasn't referring specifically to your paraphrase of the dub quote. The actual dub quote is very different from the meaning of the sub quote is what I was pointing out.

Jul 27, 2019 1:00 PM

Darken365 said:
DarkInsomnia57 said:

Yes however my point was that the dub quote is far different from the sub quote, wasn't referring specifically to your paraphrase of the dub quote. The actual dub quote is very different from the meaning of the sub quote is what I was pointing out.

Oh. You mean, "Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for evolution!".

Right? It can be translated both ways, apparently. There's always quibbling about it. Which version to pick.

Jul 27, 2019 1:22 PM

DarkInsomnia57 said:

Oh. You mean, "Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for evolution!".

Right? It can be translated both ways, apparently. There's always quibbling about it. Which version to pick.

Yep, however seems to me the translation to better fit the meaning would be the first. Surely claims that both translations are easily interchangeable is a stretch. The words used in Japanese for such phrases are just too far apart from each other in meaning to be able to be translated both ways. The safe bet is to just blame the dubbers especially since they've been losing it in recent years. Hell nowadays most don't even include the honorifics unfortunately; -sama, -san, -chan.

Jul 27, 2019 5:49 PM

Darken365 said:
DarkInsomnia57 said:

Yep, however seems to me the translation to better fit the meaning would be the first. Surely claims that both translations are easily interchangeable is a stretch. The words used in Japanese for such phrases are just too far apart from each other in meaning to be able to be translated both ways. The safe bet is to just blame the dubbers especially since they've been losing it in recent years. Hell nowadays most don't even include the honorifics unfortunately; -sama, -san, -chan.

I think overall I'd say I prefer the subbed line, yes. Evolution is much deeper. It implies the grand scheme of things, which is that humans may seem weak but have a hardy spirit.

Malice implies the human has 'mastered' the insect, which isn't true. It's clear by the end of the arc that humans and insects--with these insects being half or even more, human--are on somewhat equal terms in their desires, besides the manic killing-spree foundation of insect-kind.

Do you think the dubbed line is dumbed down at all? What do you think is exactly wrong with it?

Jul 27, 2019 6:56 PM

DarkInsomnia57 said:

I think overall I'd say I prefer the subbed line, yes. Evolution is much deeper. It implies the grand scheme of things, which is that humans may seem weak but have a hardy spirit.

Malice implies the human has 'mastered' the insect, which isn't true. It's clear by the end of the arc that humans and insects--with these insects being half or even more, human--are on somewhat equal terms in their desires, besides the manic killing-spree foundation of insect-kind.

Do you think the dubbed line is dumbed down at all? What do you think is exactly wrong with it?

I would say that humans mastered the insect however malice to me refers to humans in a negative light despite the ants being a semi-hive mind monstrously savage species. My issue with such sympathy toward the ants is simply that humans regardless of our actions are not comparable to the ants. This was shown in the scene as well with Netero being disgusted at Meruem for looking down on him. paraphrase- "An ant should never look down on a human!". My favorite line of the arc.

Aug 1, 2019 9:19 AM
Finally a battle with no stretching narration, no head scratching dialogue, no bullshit tactic, and no stupid buff. I'm so tired of Gon, Knuckle, Pitou and Pouf in the last 10 episodes. Thank god this episode comes out. Everything is kept at simple: the fighting, the dialogue, the payoff and it turns out to be amazing. Goodbye Netero, and goodbye Meruem (maybe). In the end, it's still human intelligence the strongest weapon, not Nen.

Best episode of the arc or even the whole TV series (till now), but CA arc is still my least favorite. Let's see what happens next!

Aug 24, 2019 3:04 PM

Amazing episode!

The animation is top! RIP Netero. He gave everything against Meruem.

Sep 18, 2019 9:19 PM

By far the best episode yet. The amount of comments and insanely high rating (for this episode) says it all
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.

Sep 22, 2019 9:41 AM
I swear to God, if Meruem is still alive...

Oct 31, 2019 1:38 AM

It was very unlucky that Netero's Hundred-Hand Buddha was mostly based on patterns that can treated exactly like a game of Gungi by Meruem since that's pretty much the king's forte by now. His strategy eventually cost the old man an arm and a leg but he still didn't falter, betting it all on his Zero Hand Technique that didn't even land a fatal blow on him despite making a lot of damage. I had thought that I'd cry at Netero's death but he's more scary and badass than anything else. He died of his own volition and went out with an atomic bang so I hope that his passing wasn't done in vain at least.

Now that I think of it, the most unfortunate thing here is the fact that Gon and Killua no longer has the opportunity to play ball with Netero and show him how far they've gone from back then...

Nov 11, 2019 5:49 PM

Netero is the ultimate pinnacle of badass. Never underestimate the potential of humanity. Holy fuck my ballsack

Dec 28, 2019 12:04 AM
EOussama

Mad respect to my boy Netero, he let the king shake in his boots for the first time ever. At least we know Meruem isn't invincible now. Rest in peace friend.

Jan 13, 12:27 AM

HOLLLLLLLY
that was an awesome fight and the end is just as great.
I can't chill after watching such an episode.
I loved how the king started talking about chimera ants evolution just so that netero tell him that he knows nothing about humanity infinite potential which hold true.
Loved seeing Meruem sweat and try to run away after feeling fear from a dying old man.
" you had me in checkmate from the first moment"
You're a perfect boss Netero !
I guess humanity will be the deadliest no matter what.

Mar 25, 5:45 PM

Best fight in the series. The king just witnessed how scary humanity can be and that they shouldn't be underestimated.

May 14, 8:16 PM

NETERO IS THE MOTHERFUCKIN GOAT

Goddamn rewatching this 6 years later and it's still the greatest fight ever.

May 18, 6:19 AM

Such an awesome episode, those still images of Netero gave me goosebumps.

Join the Anime Entry Guide Club here: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=79626

Jun 3, 5:27 PM
Holy shi- his espisode left me speechless :00
Best fight ever!!!
Rip netero the legend

Jun 21, 11:42 PM

Netero is so fkn cool! RIP
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)

Aug 16, 7:52 AM

from some reason i found myself siding with mureum, netero underestimate him for being low insect while hiw developing with kogumu effected him even in the process of the battle.

never the less, netero sure putted an unexpected fight, i actually though his zero hand will made it, but the end just made it all more epic.

now, i want to see the gon's climax already, i'm sure this is going to be satisfying in the same way this battle did.

Aug 31, 3:15 PM

TEN OUT OF TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 1, 6:20 AM
O_O

Absolutely frightening when Netero bared his teeth and his mouth opened and you just new something crazy was about to happen

Sep 25, 5:04 PM

OMG Netero really exploded himself against Meruem, that's incredible wtf

Oct 16, 5:50 AM

lmao dude just put a bomb in himself

but like also now i am sad

Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]