Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2014 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good fight on most parts imo. The OST was awesome and I thought both Netero and the King's speed was phenomenal. The King treats this like a game though. But yeah, great episode.

Still I am impressed by Netero's abilities.

Oh God his leg. I think Netero's got something planned there. Shit, what an attack. That ending was fucking awesome imo wow.
Apr 22, 2014 11:01 AM

Feb 2014
Which part did it end on?
Apr 22, 2014 11:02 AM

Aug 2011
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST 21324/5

Even though I bet some people will still complain, not understanding the true meaning behind what happened.
Apr 22, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2008
Holy fucking shit Madhouse, I love you.

TonyTonyStark said:

Right after The Rose.
Apr 22, 2014 11:03 AM

Feb 2014
Oh shit, that quickly?
Apr 22, 2014 11:04 AM

Nov 2011
TonyTonyStark said:

Explosion. Netero of course was the one that used the attack.
Apr 22, 2014 11:08 AM

Dec 2012
ValeBreck said:

Even though I bet some people will still complain, not understanding the true meaning behind what happened.

What is the true meaning behind that asspull?
Apr 22, 2014 11:15 AM

Apr 2009
And The Rose goes BOOM~

I loved that twist back then when the chapter was released and I still love it now. The entire fight was splendid and I can't wait to see how they will adapt the following scenes.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 22, 2014 11:19 AM
May 2012
Best fight
Best episode
Best anime
I think I'll never watch something as good as this episode
I fucking love u, Mai Ishii
And DAT cliffhanger O__O
Apr 22, 2014 11:32 AM

Feb 2014
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

It shows that the show is realistic enough to acknowledge the inferiority of a certain side, that they don't use asspulls like power surges or sayian modes to wriggle out of it, but by using things alternative to Nen, which already exist in the world.
Apr 22, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
Wow just wow
Thank u MADHOUSE
Apr 22, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
omaar97 said:
I fucking love u, Mai Ishii
And DAT cliffhanger O__O
Mai Ishii ftfw

This is probably the first time that an episode ended just as I imagined it would, since from my first time reading the manga.
Apr 22, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2011
TonyTonyStark said:
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

It shows that the show is realistic enough to acknowledge the inferiority of a certain side, that they don't use asspulls like power surges or sayian modes to wriggle out of it, but by using things alternative to Nen, which already exist in the world.

It isn't actually like that, there is a deeper meaning. I'd like to explain it, but unfortunately I'm not that good with english.
Also, to explain it properly I'd have to do spoilers and I bet Tsudecimo would still say that's an asspull, so I won't waste my time.
Apr 22, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
TonyTonyStark said:
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

But it's an asspull. Doesn't make much of a difference if it's a power surge or something that exists in this world, it only adds to one theme.

Don't worry the power surge kind of asspull is near.

ValeBreck said:

It isn't actually like that, there is a deeper meaning. I'd like to explain it, but unfortunately I'm not that good with english.
Also, to explain it properly I'd have to do spoilers and I bet Tsudecimo would still say that's an asspull, so I won't waste my time.

Actually I already know the meaning behind it or rather the theme behind it. The meaning however has literally zero relation to whether or not it's an asspull.
Apr 22, 2014 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
I am fairly sure both the anime and the manga showed the doctors in a few panels/screens when Netero was still in the capital. It's been a while, though: Can anyone confirm?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 22, 2014 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
It isn't an asspull. We can see it coming when Knov speak to Knuckle and Morel.
Apr 22, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2011
Meruem could have just died because of Netero's Zero Hands, so I don't see how that is an asspull.
Apr 22, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2012
Guilek said:
It isn't an asspull. We can see it coming when Knov speak to Knuckle and Morel.

What chapter are you referring to?

ValeBreck said:
Meruem could have just died because of Netero's Zero Hands, so I don't see how that is an asspull.

But he didn't. Are you sure you know what an asspull means?

''An Ass Pull is a moment when the writers pull something out of thin air in a less-than-graceful narrative development, violating the Law of Conservation of Detail by dropping a plot-critical detail in the middle, or near the end of their narrative without Foreshadowing''

It's an asspull because

tsudecimoApr 22, 2014 12:10 PM
Apr 22, 2014 12:11 PM

May 2013
Obviously Togashi wanted to suprise us with the Rose, he droped some hints here and there that something major would happen. I have seen couple anime only viewers on this site speculate if the hunters could use bombs around eps 109 to my surpise. Both Netero and Meruem never fought before, Togashi could have made them on par and have Netero win by a small margin but he wanted to try something new. I don't see the problem, it's not like he wrote himself in a corner the man had options.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 22, 2014 12:15 PM

Dec 2012
The corner thing is a Deus ex Machina, and I'm not calling it that. I'm merely calling it an asspull, whether it's a good or a bad thing is not my argument. There were no hints for the bomb, there were hints for

Actually there is a small very subtle hint, but it happened very close to the fight, I don't think I can count it.
Apr 22, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
When the fight begin. Netero said :" This is a testing ground for military heavy weaponry"

When Knov come back.
It was foreshadowed with Knov " I have received word from a messenger of the president. He has taken the king to appoint location"

"It doesn't matter what the guards do now .. They will be too late"
Apr 22, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2013
tsudecimo said:
The corner thing is a Deus ex Machina, and I'm not calling it that. I'm merely calling it an asspull, whether it's a good or a bad thing is not my argument. There were no hints for the bomb, there were hints for

Actually there is a small very subtle hint, but it happened very close to the fight, I don't think I can count it.

Had he given us more hints than the outcome would have been too predictable, you can call it asspull or whatever you want but that still doesn't change the fact that is was a brilliant move.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Apr 22, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2011
hmph naruto trolls evrywhere

anyway @_@ i love u madhouse best fight for 2014
ah just that why i love hxh never fail to make epic events

Sep 2013
I'm dying, I knew this was coming but jesus christ! got tears coming down my eyes and everything!

The greatest episode I've seen in any medium before! ahhhhhhh!! I love HxH...

Dec 2012
Umm okay. Like I said, I'm not arguing whether or not it was a good or a bad move.

Guilek said:
When the fight begin. Netero said :" This is a testing ground for military heavy weaponry"

When Knov come back.
It was foreshadowed with Knov " I have received word from a messenger of the president. He has taken the king to appoint location"

Actually this the subtle hint I was talking about.
Apr 22, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2011
In the episode 88 Netero said "I don't think I can't accomplish this mission without sacrificing someone" (However this is just an hint that Netero was ready so sacrifice himself in some way)
And the fact that Zeno left was an hint too
Apr 22, 2014 12:29 PM
Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
Umm okay. Like I said, I'm not arguing whether or not it was a good or a bad move.

Guilek said:

When Knov come back.

episode 83 (2:10-3:00) netero talking to the goverment officials (V5)
that same scene is seen as a flashback in ep122 right after netero says " he is wavering between his ant and human side, and he doesn't realize that the two are incompatible but no matter which side he falls into the OUTCOME WON'T CHANGE"
Apr 22, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2010
I...am speechless.I...
Apr 22, 2014 12:38 PM
Jan 2011
This was the best episode of anime I have ever seen. Madhouse went so far and beyond my expectations that I'm finding it hard to find suitable words to describe it. Even "godlike" seems insufficient.

Both animation and art were perfect with emphasis on right moments, especially the needle and Netero's final moments were beatifully done.
GnolliApr 23, 2014 10:52 AM
Apr 22, 2014 12:39 PM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

I knew you would have a problem with this, so I took the liberty of finding a post that someone in the manga forms posted to explain the Rose, it's a mouthful but bear with it

OT: Pretty damn good episode, animation was beautiful, same with the soundtrack and now I look forward to the rest of the reactions. Also RIP Chairman Netero

PS if you do plan to reply tsud, know that I won't, no offense, but considering what you're like to argue with, it won't get us anywhere and I don't like my time being wasted, so I'll leave it at that
KitsuneKomugiApr 22, 2014 12:45 PM
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Apr 22, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2012
diivil said:
tsudecimo said:

Guilek said:

When Knov come back.

episode 83 (2:10-3:00) netero talking to the goverment officials (V5)
that same scene is seen as a flashback in ep122 right after netero says " he is wavering between his ant and human side, and he doesn't realize that the two are incompatible but no matter which side he falls into the OUTCOME WON'T CHANGE"

That's not a hint. That's a generic line that expresses Netero's confidence in winning.

The problem I have here, was that it was a very giagntic event that changes that leads to the conclusion of the whole arc, but wasn't met with sufficient foreshadowing from a good point in the arc, that shows that Togashi thought of it from the beginning. The weaponry hint was right before the fight, and Knov talk was during it and before it happened (actually I don't remember exactly when Knov said that)

Putting aside the asspull talk, my opinion is that it was terrible move on Togashi part. To

That is just simply lame imo.

KitsuneKomugi said:

I'm not gonna read that (ugly wording and unorganized) and I'm assuming the post is about the theme behind it, which I already know about it, so I don't know what's the purpose of posting this.

ValeBreck said:
In the episode 88 Netero said "I don't think I can't accomplish this mission without sacrificing someone" (However this is just an hint that Netero was ready so sacrifice himself in some way)

You already know why the first one is irrelevant. Zeno left because his job was done, as literally stated by himself, it has zero relation to the bomb..wtf..
tsudecimoApr 22, 2014 12:47 PM
Apr 22, 2014 12:43 PM

Jul 2013
My opinion it was a perfect move and there was foreshadowing.
Apr 22, 2014 12:45 PM

May 2013
That was a good fight. Netero with his last ditch effort to kill the King. That preview for the next episode. Looks like Komugi is okay now.
Apr 22, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2012
Words can not describe the level of awesomeness in this episode.
Every frame was amazing to say the least.
Netero was fantabulous.
Apr 22, 2014 12:47 PM
Nov 2011
Netero/10
Godlike episode!!
Apr 22, 2014 12:53 PM
Mar 2014
I am thankful for the events which have led me to this episode.
Apr 22, 2014 12:53 PM
May 2008
The strongest person to stop the king died ._.

what next?
Apr 22, 2014 12:55 PM

Mar 2009
Amazing episode. Netero's such a boss. R.I.P dude. You were an incredible character, and you got the fight of your life in the end.

"Meruem, King of Ants, you understand nothing of humanity's infinite potential for evolution." I really loved that line. Netero had a lot of awesome lines, come to think of it.

Once again, Togashi does not like long-drawn-out battles, and I think we're better off for that.

Madhouse never fails to impress.
Apr 22, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2011
tsudecimo said:
ValeBreck said:

You already know why the first one is irrelevant. Zeno left because his job was done, as literally stated by himself, it has zero relation to the bomb..wtf..

It's really impossible to discuss with you, you are such an annoying being
Why the hell do you think Netero assumed Zeno ONLY to separate the king from the royal guards? If Netero didn't already plan to explode, he would have assumed him to fight with the King too, but evidently you are too stupid to understand such a simple thing.
Apr 22, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't call it an asspull. Netero obviously had the bomb planned. He saw Pitou and said he wasn't even sure he could beat Pitou. He most likely knew he wouldn't be able to beat the King so he lead them into a hole below ground and eventually ended up detonating the bomb after getting destroyed. Makes sense to me. Plus, he didn't technically win the fight if the King died. They both died (again assuming the King died)

Either way, awesome episode! Loved it!

Can't wait until next week and if anyone hasn't heard, the manga's coming back June! http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/04/22/hunter-x-hunter-manga-returning-joining-english-weekly-shonen-jump
Which means the anime'll probably stop soon but it'll be coming back cause there's going to be more content!
Apr 22, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode. I remember hoping until the end for Netero to win while reading the manga..... he sure went out with a bang alright
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Apr 22, 2014 1:02 PM

Oct 2013
That was one of the best and epic fights I have ever watched!!!! And that was not only because of the abilities but also because of the depth of their inner thoughts, the metaphors and psychological implications...

This anime is the only that makes me say HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT so many times....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 22, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
ValeBreck said:

Why the hell do you think Netero assumed Zeno ONLY to separate the king from the royal guards? If Netero didn't already plan to explode, he would have assumed him to fight with the King too, but evidently you are too stupid to understand such a simple thing.

It's not my fault that you can't gasp the actual hints.

Assumed? what? do you mean another word here?

Netero hired Zeno only to separate the King, he didn't pay him to fight with him because of the high money fee he would pay, that was Netero's reason as stated by him, if I remember correctly. That's not specifically relevant to the bomb, since it could have been written as Netero being confident in winning by himself.

Relax guy. Don't blame you inability to express your thoughts clearly and your lack of deductive reasoning on me.
Apr 22, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2009
YOU DID IT, MADHOUSE ;_;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Apr 22, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2013
Absolutely stunning. Thanks,Madhouse. And R.I.P.,Netero.
Apr 22, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
@Tsudecimo

If this is Deus Ex Machina and asspull..... actually I'll stop here.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 22, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
Oh dang. That was a crazy ending.

Dec 2012
soundscape said:
@Tsudecimo
If this is Deus Ex Machina and asspull..... actually I'll stop here.

tsudecimo said:
The corner thing is a Deus ex Machina, and I'm not calling it that. I'm merely calling it an asspull

Aug 2010
Amazing! Just amazing! Really brilliantly done. Based MH :D

The fight was so amazing I was tearing up from epicness throughout T^T

The animation of how Meruem was being sling shotted left-right-up-down and just coming back more and more and more was so EPIC!

Netero's prayer being fast enough to stop time and Meruem's use of all his experience playing against Komugi to figure out where the nxt attack will be coming from.

The way Meruem analyzed Netero's training method in a few seconds was O_O This guy is just tooo BA!

Until he cut Netero's leg off! The way Netero just closed his wound and continued fighting was epic!

And then the left hand sent flying! But still praying with one hand! DAT ZERO WAS EPICNESS OVERLOAD!

And damn Netero looked like a mess after it O_O.

What takes the cake was his face when he was activating the bomb O~O THAT WAS CREEPY AS F***!! WTH NETERO! I won't be able to sleep now XD No wonder Meruem felt fear XD

DAT BOMB was animated so GOOD!! FRIGGIN DAMN EPIC!!! RIP Netero! U were one of the most BA old men ever!!! And Meruem, sorry dude, u were friggin awesome and I loved u but checkmate.

And nxt ep seems awesome too. Pouf's face O_O And GON vs F***n PITOU??? FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Apr 22, 2014 1:15 PM

Nov 2013
ValeBreck said:

I think it's just best to ignore people like him as there's no point in trying to reason with a fool, it's pointless and is a waste of time. Just ignore him and let him whine in peace, from the reactions I've seen everyone loved this episode, who cares if he one person didn't like it, don't let him ruin your enjoyment
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by Gator »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kisami - Jun 23, 2012

208 by zainpog »»
Apr 13, 6:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.