Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 22, 2014 7:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, some flashbacks. Mini Saya is pretty cute <3

We get more sweet moments with her and Riki this episode too. Still, they have to fight their final battle. LOL, Riki's hair this episode....
So much feels.
Apr 22, 2014 8:45 AM

Mar 2013
SAYA'S SONG FTW !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4yKSiRPG2o

And J.C staff's only explanation about the ending in the booklet : 答えがなく、視聴者の想像に委ねられる
Apr 22, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
okay, I do understand the manga part and the fact she's kinda a outsider in that world, but can someone explain me how Saya was inside the fake world? If I understand right, Saya had an accident, then she enter to the fake world, but she was only a little girl so I can assume the artificial world did not exist at that time since the bus accident did not happen yet so how she enter to the world? Or I'm missing something?
SinnonApr 22, 2014 1:14 PM
Apr 23, 2014 5:22 AM

Sep 2011
Saya's Song. Such feels.

Next episode, it's time to hear The Cat, The Glass, and The Round Moon~.

Apr 23, 2014 7:20 AM
Feb 2010
i would guess its same concept of Afterlife[Angel Beats] where time is not issue on meeting people on that world created by kyosuke [ i guess Saya pushed him to remember her[that dungeons/retries everything just to remember her] due his childhood memories to be lost affected on losing parents that's why he doesn't know Saya anymore[that leads Riki to fall inlove to her eventually remember her]

killing saya..is boring....concept
Apr 24, 2014 12:34 AM
Mar 2012
Many tears were shed in the conclusion of Saya's route. In my opinion, JC Staff did a great job of setting the mood.
Apr 24, 2014 12:45 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty sad what happened to Saya but overall a very good episode indeed.
Apr 24, 2014 2:38 AM

Jun 2013
Amazing episode indeed. God damn feels.
Murasa22Apr 24, 2014 2:46 AM
Apr 24, 2014 3:06 AM

Jul 2013
Sad what happened to her :(
Damn amazing episode that was. May have taken 4 episodes but it does done well.
Apr 24, 2014 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
I almost like this adaptation as much saya's vn story! ...*crys :,o
Apr 24, 2014 4:35 AM

Oct 2012
Jun Maeda's stories always make me cry. This is the best one.
This is story about life, love, will to live, will to love, will to fight for it.
Apr 24, 2014 4:39 AM

Mar 2013
They cut out 90% of Aya's past,no minigun,no bento scene,Aya's accident right after she met shota Riki is such a nice awful coincidence,no indications whatsoever about Saya taking away Riki from LB! group.

They basically took out everything I like about Saya's arc but at least it's a good things Saya's song still sound as wonderful.
Apr 24, 2014 5:43 AM
Feb 2013
Haven't played EX so can't compare. The conclusion was very nice but everything leading up to it was meh. Apparently, her arc is meant to be the best one and I felt a little underwhelmed with the adaptation.
Apr 24, 2014 7:08 AM

Feb 2012
Really liked Saya! Wished she was the girl Riki ends up in the original/parent story instead of Rin.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 24, 2014 7:28 AM

Jul 2010
The song was great! It really went along with the atmosphere.
That was depressing T.T, glad they showed what happened with Saya in the aftermath.
Really happy with the ending yet sad overall.
Haven't played the VN, but the anime adaption was done in a good way.
Kyousuke was really nice! The scenes were Saya dies are hard to watch at times...
Apr 24, 2014 8:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
aaand with that I'm breathing a sigh of relief, think it was a really good adaptation of the finale at least

obviously the entire route is a bit weird to adapt given how much it relies on gameplay mechanics in the VN but given the circumstances I think JC did just fine

Saya-tan <3
Apr 24, 2014 9:06 AM

Feb 2013
Ending as expected, gotta say I was expecting a bit more though.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 24, 2014 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't play EX so this was epic for me :DD
Did Saya's soul maybe wander into the world... because the bus accident took place near where she died years ago or smth?
Anyway this was surprisingly good cos I was getting a bit bored of Saya's route for the first few eps, but now I know what the hype was about. i luv key~

Dat ending gave tears of joy TwT
Apr 24, 2014 9:33 AM

May 2013
That was a sad past for Saya. I love that ending. Made me cry a bit.
Apr 24, 2014 9:52 AM

Oct 2013
Sinnon said:
okay, I do understand the manga part and the fact she's kinda a outsider in that world, but can someone explain me how Saya was inside the fake world? If I understand right, Saya had an accident, then she enter to the fake world, but she was only a little girl so I can assume the artificial world did not exist at that time since the bus accident did not happen yet so how she enter to the world? Or I'm missing something?

Basically Saya's soul wouldn't rest because it was full of regret so it had been wondering around since she died until it wondered into Kyousuke's created world. It could very well be why she appears older (the same age as Riki)
Apr 24, 2014 10:04 AM
Feb 2010
goshujin_sama241 said:
Sinnon said:

Basically Saya's soul wouldn't rest because it was full of regret so it had been wondering around since she died until it wondered into Kyousuke's created world. It could very well be why she appears older (the same age as Riki)

nope wrong answer technically she is not really dead...it just Riki doesnt remember her while her future self so caring about him that could technically could not approach him[think of Tomoya of Clannad: He forget everything about Kotomi due her death of her parents and that fire incident] it could affect him if he remember her that could lead more necrolepsy and pain on Riki

meanwhile on that world created by kyousuke [ she is more pushy/childlike personality due being a child on teenage body] meanwhile that fake world is like Afterlife of Angel Beats[everyone can enter on different timelines or near death experience or dream world]

its puppy love....
majestix1988Apr 24, 2014 10:23 AM
Apr 24, 2014 11:17 AM

Oct 2013
Gotta admit I expected a bit more. The sad scenes were not sad for me. I expected to at least shed a tear. Well its still a great episode. Hope I see Saya/Aya more on the next episodes.
Apr 24, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2012
What the? I don't get it. Why Saya alive and come back as a child? Didn't she died when she was a child, her soul wandering and when Riki in his teenage, got an accident, Kyousuke created the dream world. And Aya got in as Saya in the dream world. That means if she came back alive, she should be in her teenage too. Or was it because of that 'time machine' thing? Saya come back to the day before the flood accident and alive till her teenage? Summary, to the parallel world? But if that's the truth, Kyousuke, what a god are you, first create the dream world for everyone, now you can send back Saya/Aya to her child age, create a parallel world for her, and save her. Why don't you use that time machine for everyone so that they come back to the time when the bus accident didn't occur yet? Everyone who has the answer, please bring me some light to this ><

But, that Saya's Song was indeed touching and set the mood right. Great episode btw, but lacking some mood because that complicated things.
Apr 24, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
For godsake ! Kyousuke was lying about the time machine ! Stop believing his white lie like Riki did !
Apr 24, 2014 11:46 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah,Kyousuke doesn't know what happened to Saya after her leaving. He told Riki that about the time machine to cheer him up because Riki need to concentrate in the main problem (become stronger) again. I'm still amazed in Riki ability to accept things so fast though lmao

About the episode,I didn't like how they handled the thing about her accident, it was very confusing indeed.
kohalicApr 24, 2014 11:49 AM
Apr 24, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2007
Nice little arc. Quite possibly better than the actual main series.

Apr 24, 2014 1:57 PM
Apr 2013
Yeah, I definitely think Saya is still dead and what we saw was perhaps her creating her own dream world. There are too many hints that way. First was Kyousuke's talk about the time machine. When he mentions it too Riki he's showing that slightly sad smile with his hair covering his eyes, which has almost always in anime been a sign of lying. There's also his "Would you believe if I say so?" with the key words being "If I say so" Of course there's also the fact that she asked for the treasure to be a biological weapon herself. Kyousuke has ample reason to lie too as he needs Riki to get stronger.

Now when Saya "wakes up" it is very odd that Riki just happens to be outside waiting for her and as they are running the background fades away. Though I think the most damning piece of evidence is when we see her lying in the grass and is surrounded in all those orbs of light which is symbolic of the dream world. So yeah, there's tons and tons of evidence here.

Anyway, this episode was quite good and quite possibly the darkest LB episode yet. There was a little bit of Steins Gate in the beginning as we witness most of Saya's death. Naturally, I felt quite sad for her and Riki, when she decided to kill herself in order to save him. Though, as usual I feel the worst for Kyousuke. It can't be easy for him. He needs Riki (and Rin) to get stronger, so if that means he has to hurt a friend or getting rid of a girl even though she will die then so be it. Brutal stuff really. Jun Maeda's music is always excellent (I'd say better than his writing) and Saya's song is no exception.

Next up is Sasasegawa Sasami (Did I get that right?) as she deals with turning into.... a cat?
MCALApr 24, 2014 2:20 PM
Apr 24, 2014 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
majestix1988 said:
goshujin_sama241 said:
Sinnon said:

nope wrong answer technically she is not really dead...it just Riki doesnt remember her while her future self so caring about him that could technically could not approach him[think of Tomoya of Clannad: He forget everything about Kotomi due her death of her parents and that fire incident] it could affect him if he remember her that could lead more necrolepsy and pain on Riki

meanwhile on that world created by kyousuke [ she is more pushy/childlike personality due being a child on teenage body] meanwhile that fake world is like Afterlife of Angel Beats[everyone can enter on different timelines or near death experience or dream world]

its puppy love....

She is dead or was. It is even stated by Kyousuke that her soul wondered into his world. However just like all members of Little Busters (minus Riki and Rin) their lives are save due to the events that happened in Kyousuke's world. Saya even repeats the same same scenarios over and over again just like Riki did during his time in Kyousuke's world. She may be alive now but she was definitely dead from her childhood accident til the Kyousuke's world. Look up Saya's arc in the visual novel. A lot is omitted from the anime.
Apr 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Oct 2013
It was beautifully adapted and "Saya's Song" song by Lia as just amazing. If the whole story was told, Saya's Arc could have been a "10" by itself. It was almost like being teased.

goshujin_sama241Apr 24, 2014 2:35 PM
Apr 24, 2014 6:11 PM

Apr 2014
I just let the tears flow :') very good episodes though but we only get 4 episodes now with two more characters left. Not going to be as climatic, i assume :(
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Apr 24, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2008
Saya's Song. That is all. Feels to the max!!!
Apr 24, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
They didn't add my fav scenes from Saya's route but I guess with only 4 episodes at hand, they wanted to get to the point. Still love saya and her route :) scared for next episode thought cause based on the preview, animation quality went down.
Apr 24, 2014 7:19 PM

Oct 2013
In the spoiler tag of Saya's character description it said that she was on the verge of death when she noticed Kyousuke creating the artificial world. How was she able to do that if her incident took place years before the Little Busters' accident?
Apr 24, 2014 9:11 PM

Jun 2013
This is not okay i cried so much ;___;
and then in the last few minutes key did that and just made me flip over in my chair, i seriously did not see that coming (i couldn't breathe for a few minutes it was scary but right). Key really knows how to punch their fans with their works dear god
Apr 24, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2010
I made a whole post about this before but it got deleted... Screw that.

Saya has one of the saddest back-stories in this anime... What a bittersweet/ almost sweet turned into happy end. Really liked the end scene.

One of the best routes of Little Buster imo. 9/10
Apr 24, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 2012
It was great until they reached the 60th floor. Then shit was crammed in order fit the episode length.

I really hope JC Staff didn't shoot themselves in the foot by giving themselves only 8 episodes of standard length to work with.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 24, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, JC Staff did a pretty good job for Saya's route, though it felt rushed towards the end. But it was tear-jerking during their final moments at the end.

Lets see how they handle the next 4 episodes.

Apr 25, 2014 12:39 AM

Mar 2012
Not shabby little arc for Saya. I really oughta play the game to see the full route in all its glory. Saya's song is quite beautiful too! :)
Apr 25, 2014 5:01 AM

Jan 2011
Who takes their daughter to a war zone?
Apr 25, 2014 5:53 AM

Sep 2011
gamer2710 said:
It was great until they reached the 60th floor. Then shit was crammed in order fit the episode length.

I really hope JC Staff didn't shoot themselves in the foot by giving themselves only 8 episodes of standard length to work with.

Good thing I'm not only one who thinks that it crammed on the later parts of this episode.

Apr 25, 2014 7:57 AM

Mar 2013
-Riptide- said:
In the spoiler tag of Saya's character description it said that she was on the verge of death when she noticed Kyousuke creating the artificial world. How was she able to do that if her incident took place years before the Little Busters' accident?

Key's magic Lol

And talk about that spoiler tag in Saya's profile.
One day, when Saya and her father were about to return to Japan and end their traveling, Aya became involved in an accident due to a flood.

This part is little bit wrong since Aya got in the accident when she was already back in Japan.

And some people seem to misunderstood but at the end Aya wasn't wake up in a hospital/clinic,she woke up in the worker's shack,she and her father was living in near a construction site.
The landslide was caused by heavy rain+ construction accident,Aya got caught in landslide while trying to help her father evacuating the wounded workers there.
Apr 25, 2014 1:29 PM

Dec 2012
Sinnon said:

Well, time is abstract in the fake world. It's not connected to the real world's time, so it just exists and anybody within the real world can jump in at any point in history. The way I like to see it is that the artificial always existed in some way or another, but it wasn't until the Little Busters found it that it took any kind of form.

Or another way of looking at it, if you really want to look deep into it, is perhaps the artificial world is a type of time machine, which is why Saya talks about time machines (I know this is a stretch, but hey, it works) and when the Little Busters were essentially dead, they came across the artificial world and by entering it, went back to the creation of the universe, so in some way the artificial world was always there as a copy of their school and they lived through it over and over.
Apr 26, 2014 7:47 AM

May 2012
I have so many questions..... Fuck you kyousuke...
Apr 26, 2014 10:27 PM

Jan 2013
Nice ending to this arc.
Apr 27, 2014 7:33 AM

Dec 2012
Great arc^^
Ishoku said:
Quite possibly better than the actual main series.

I seriously like this more than the main series.

Apr 27, 2014 11:51 AM
Dec 2013
It was good and sad but everything happen so fast that when my brain finished to process all the information, the episode was already ended. Nice song at the end though.
I still prefer the second season by miles, however, there's still two arcs to watch so let see what happen, especially because I'm very interested in the ojou-sama Sasa girl since I love her design and her hair: D
Apr 27, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2012
Toddler Saya and Riki! x3 So cute!

Anyways....so it seems that there was no other way for Saya to....survive? o-o Or, something like that? It seems that way, but wow!
What a sad route....I didn't expect it to end like that: Happy, but really sad ending. :/
It was fun watching these specials, so far, I mean. :3

Can't wait for the last 4 episodes~! x3
Apr 28, 2014 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
Tha_Na said:
Great arc^^
Ishoku said:
Quite possibly better than the actual main series.

I seriously like this more than the main series.

yay saya for best arccc i dun care anymore
Apr 28, 2014 8:29 AM
Oct 2012
zakkun89 said:
SAYA'S SONG FTW !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4yKSiRPG2o

And J.C staff's only explanation about the ending in the booklet : 答えがなく、視聴者の想像に委ねられる

^ Translation about the explanation made from JC staff for the ending : "There's no answer, we leave it to watcher's imaginations."

To be honest, I'm with those who assume that Saya really went back to her childhood time by some miracle. And there's also people who believed that it was just her dream since the time machine is fake.

Logically, the latter is more reasonable. But hey, Little Busters is a fantasy story in the first place :).

planetarian said:

Lol, thats also what I felt the first time I finished Saya's route although I respected him so much in the main story. But can't really blame him, the existence of Saya could make Riki wouldn't want to realize that there's something weird about their world or would even make him stay after knowing it, and Saya herself knew it.
That world gave her the first experience of being a youth, gave her a chance to meet her childhood friend, gave her a chance to experience love. That's why, like the lyrics in Saya's Song "anything more would be just my selfishness".

rickywolfy said:
Toddler Saya and Riki! x3 So cute!

Anyways....so it seems that there was no other way for Saya to....survive? o-o Or, something like that? It seems that way, but wow!
What a sad route....I didn't expect it to end like that: Happy, but really sad ending. :/
It was fun watching these specials, so far, I mean. :3

Can't wait for the last 4 episodes~! x3

Since she's already dead in real world there's no hope for her anymore. I think that's why Jun Maeda gave that ambiguous ending.
Apr 28, 2014 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
trasal said:

planetarian said:

Lol, thats also what I felt the first time I finished Saya's route although I respected him so much in the main story. But can't really blame him, the existence of Saya could make Riki wouldn't want to realize that there's something weird about their world or would even make him stay after knowing it, and Saya herself knew it.
That world gave her the first experience of being a youth, gave her a chance to meet her childhood friend, gave her a chance to experience love. That's why, like the lyrics in Saya's Song "anything more would be just my selfishness".

I'm probably one of the few ones who didn't felt like 'fuck you Kyousuke' at all after Saya's route in the VN even Saya being my fav girl, but Kyousuke is the best character imo and actually I quite like Kyousuke more after her route and he's my husbando, I mean, his position just sucks, being him the only one who can deal with the situation. Firstly I think he was too nice with her, I say 'too nice' because hell, even Saya stated: "You could've gotten rid of me anytime if you really wanted to", basically that, Kyousuke could snap his fingers and *baff* Saya disappear without know anything, but I think he still feel bad for her situation and try to help her in a way, allowing her to replay the game and thus she could spend short periods of time with Riki until she get satisfied, however, that kinda mess things up more because Saya love for Riki become stronger after each replay, so she'll never be satisfied and I think that was his bigger mistake, not rid of her since the very beginning but hell, who can blame him, eliminate the existence of somebody is even more cruel. Basically he tried to help her, but he can't help Saya THAT much, because help her to be happy mean allow her be with Riki as a couple and that's just impossible, not just because it'll contradict the main reason for him creating the world, but because Saya is dead, no matter how hard she fight, she can't win against her destiny, and Riki would be the most affected in the end. But as you said, "anything more would be just my selfishness" and basically that's the main reason of why Saya decided to moving on and leave. Not to mention that Saya existence for itself is like a living proof of the secret of the world.

Just imagine that, Kyousuke never do anything and: "hey Riki-kun, the truth is, I had an accident some years ago and I supposed to be dead and I just wanted to meet with you again but now is time for me to moving on, and sorry for make you stray away from your friends, actually they're going to die too and the only survivor will be Natsume Rin so forget about me and take care of her." Srly, poor Riki.
Everything is more complicated than it seems, and don't forget that actually, in the VN, Riki start to stray away from the LB because he prefer spend his time with Saya and he even start to act kinda like a jerk with Rin, and in the anime it was completely removed, if I remember correctly, most the the funny activities of the LB as a group are locked in Saya's route because Riki is too busy being with her.

Actually that's the main reason of why I like Saya's route, because I could relate with both, the heroine and the 'villian' at the same time, and that doesn't happen everyday.
kohalicApr 28, 2014 1:48 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

88 by Chanmiku »»
Jan 16, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2014

80 by TheOtaku-San »»
Feb 11, 2022 2:06 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2014

39 by ManWild »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:53 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

56 by ManWild »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:29 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: EX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

52 by ManWild »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.