Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 3, 2014 4:14 PM

Jul 2011
There is simply no tension at all, ever. Even if there is some interesting drama starting to hath, they rapidly cut it and newer talk about it again.

Like for example there was a whole episode about Teppei father (which is weird and interesting considering Teppei is supposed to be an alien), just to never ever mention him again ... X_x
Sep 6, 2014 2:16 PM

May 2014
Swiftflash said:
There is simply no tension at all, ever. Even if there is some interesting drama starting to hath, they rapidly cut it and newer talk about it again.

Like for example there was a whole episode about Teppei father (which is weird and interesting considering Teppei is supposed to be an alien), just to never ever mention him again ... X_x
The bodyguard that supposedly died during the Bugbear episode was never explored upon as well. lol

This show is really terrible.
Sep 7, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2013
I fucking LOVED episode 23.

Wanna know why?

Because it acted like this entire trainwreck of an anime NEVER happened.
Sep 12, 2014 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
its a real shame because its such a waste of porential. The tone of the show is completely schizophrenic too. Has anyone else noticed this? And whole scenes will be great... if taken completely removed and part of a different show
Sep 13, 2014 8:37 PM
Mar 2012
It presented a decent scenario and some interesting characters to work with, but ultimately is not executing on them well. At this point (episode 23, two episodes to wrap it up!) we have three groups that are hostile to our main group, as well as to each other (the Planetary Gears, PAC/Macbeth Enterprises, and the Globe Ark Faction). I still don't feel that a lot was explained well, and I'd still like to know what a "neoteny" is.

I kept watching because I figured that there was a lull in the episodes, and that everything would come together spectacularly. Having reached this point, I just continue to watch because I want to see how they're going to try to land this thing.
Sep 13, 2014 9:49 PM
Nov 2013
Maybe I'm the only one, but I like it. I find it different from your ordinary mecha. I like the depth of the characters. I also like that they aren't trying to rush the young teens into a relationship. Everyone knows Magical Girl x Teppei was bound to happen, but I'm happy it didn't start showing until close to the end. I found episode 23 was a bit of a filler in my opinion, but I did like how it explored Captain's (forgetting the name at the moment) thoughts and made respect him even more. I think naked Hana is a bit of an overkill, but whatever.

Edit: I agree that the different groups weren't explained too well, and I still have no idea what the computer has to do with any of this, or what the guy Kaiba (might be wrong name) has to do with it.
Sep 13, 2014 10:25 PM

Jan 2014
CallMeIta said:
Maybe I'm the only one, but I like it. I find it different from your ordinary mecha. I like the depth of the characters. I also like that they aren't trying to rush the young teens into a relationship. Everyone knows Magical Girl x Teppei was bound to happen, but I'm happy it didn't start showing until close to the end. I found episode 23 was a bit of a filler in my opinion, but I did like how it explored Captain's (forgetting the name at the moment) thoughts and made respect him even more. I think naked Hana is a bit of an overkill, but whatever.

Edit: I agree that the different groups weren't explained too well, and I still have no idea what the computer has to do with any of this, or what the guy Kaiba (might be wrong name) has to do with it.
I agree with you. Well for me the greatest plus is the fact I can have Kenichi Suzumura and Maaya Sakamoto together in important roles.

I'm not so sure the different groups weren't explained well. Salty Dog were fanatics that wanted to save Earth their own way, sort of. Planetary Gears are "Space Vampires", as for Puck yeah we don't know shit and how Kube fits either, but it should be revealed in time.
Sep 14, 2014 12:36 AM

Dec 2010
gk2012 said:
Swiftflash said:

The bodyguard that supposedly died during the Bugbear episode was never explored upon as well. lol

This show is really terrible.

Okay for one, Teppei is an alien, but they transferred his alien consciousness into a human body that was created with the DNA of his "father". So yes it was explained. But you're right he hasn't shown up yet, but the show isn't quite finished either.

The bodyguard that died during the Bugbear arc was explained. It was a member of the ship that exploded and Baku brought back with his singularity. They wouldn't die until he willed them away by accepting his nature as one of the planetary gears.

So a lot of this stuff has been explained and explored, but I guess not everyone understood it? Maybe that's why so many people seem to be hating on it?
Sep 21, 2014 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
cyclone1993 said:
The bodyguard that died during the Bugbear arc was explained. It was a member of the ship that exploded and Baku brought back with his singularity. They wouldn't die until he willed them away by accepting his nature as one of the planetary gears.?

Those were the best couple of episodes of the entire thing IMO, and yet his singularity was never brought back, was it? The dream at the end was explained to be an intrusion to try and disrupt the Link or something, did Baku do that? It was nothing like they showed before, his singularity was pretty good with an awesome backstory but never properly used again.
Sep 21, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
Jaksser said:

Those were the best couple of episodes of the entire thing IMO, and yet his singularity was never brought back, was it? The dream at the end was explained to be an intrusion to try and disrupt the Link or something, did Baku do that? It was nothing like they showed before, his singularity was pretty good with an awesome backstory but never properly used again.
I don't see much of an use they could give it on that behalf.
Sep 21, 2014 9:03 PM
Nov 2010
wigglejelly said:
The story is boring the action is always the same, predictable. The only good thing about this anime is
that they have likeable attractive characters. If it wasn't for that I had dropped a long time ago.

Same here!

Erzaa said:
This show showed so much promise at first. The first thing they did to ruin it for me was when they had Teppei become a normal human. =/ We have a WAY to many normal characters in this show already. He became boring after that. Daichi acts like he's 10 years old. Hana is too much boob, not enough brain. Akari is the only good character. There's also not enough Mecha for a Mecha show and the story is repetitive and cliche. Yet... I still like this anime for some reason. >.>

I know what you mean... I think what made me stay, loathe, then just ignore the misuse of potential, and then love again was Hana. I was really hoping that they would make great use of her and that would encourage more MCs or MC love interests that have more apparent ethnic diversity (aliens aside). I was incredibly disappointed with how they lacked to show her personality and that her sole purpose for the viewers was to be served as fan service on a silver platter. Still, together the four main characters, this show kept me coming back and enjoying the series.

Mainly, Captain Earth would have been way more liked and, perhaps, amazing, if they had just focused on developing the main characters' friendships/relationships more smoothly...but that's just my 2cents.
Sep 21, 2014 9:14 PM

Jul 2012
Time to write a list of things this show went wrong...

- Too many characters
The main four are already not developed enough or fleshed out. They tried to have too many one-episode arcs in the middle featuring the planetary gear characters.

- Romantic/friendship potential wasted
The episode where Hana and Daichi kissed showed that this show might have been better if it focused on the romance of the characters. It had a nice slice of life feel from the start and should have kept doing so. The childhood friends bond between Teppei and Daichi was really well done but not talked about later on.

- Unfocused plot
There was no clear goal since the start, just mecha action. In the last two episodes, they finally decided that the Amara and the other gears weren't the villains but the other guy.

- Too much action
I disagree with the person that said "not enough mecha for a mecha show". I thought it was too much action and not enough substance. Like I said, I wish it could be like Sidonia no Kishi where it did have good action at the right places but left time for world building and other daily life scenarios.
Sep 22, 2014 6:14 PM

Jun 2007
I kept watching, hoping it'd get better but the series was pretty average overall. Honestly the only reason I picked it up was because it was one of the better animated shows for that season. It was pretty to look at, but not much substance sadly.
Sep 22, 2014 6:22 PM

Jan 2009
mayukachan said:

- Too much action
I disagree with the person that said "not enough mecha for a mecha show". I thought it was too much action and not enough substance. Like I said, I wish it could be like Sidonia no Kishi where it did have good action at the right places but left time for world building and other daily life scenarios.

nah if you watch a lot of mecha show then Captain Earth has average number of mecha battles, just look at Majestic Prince for example that show has a lot of mecha action and Star Driver has lots too compared to this anime

but still i thoroughly enjoyed Captain Earth because its well animated and the story is decent enough, the only remaining mystery is who is that Blue Haired Girl is it Pitz or is it the Livlaster of Daichi or its Pitz that is also responsible for giving them Livlasters
Sep 25, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
j0x said:
nah if you watch a lot of mecha show then Captain Earth has average number of mecha battles

I've seen a good amount. I'm not saying CE has more than them. I'm saying the action was not necessary when it couldn't tell the story properly. Less fancy machines fighting, more elaboration.

And that's why I love Sidonia no Kishi! Minimal mecha but still good.
Nov 22, 2014 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
I think some of you anime fans are just so pretencious.

You are watching a fucking mecha show about a teenager saving the world, it doesnt have to be shakespeare or another evangelion! Just enjoy the fucking ride!

I actually thought it was pretty meh too at first, not enough to bitch like you guys, but i kinda lost interest at episode 5.. when i finally came back to it and gave it another chance, im really glad I did.

It definitely gets much better. Im only on ep 11 and cant wait to see how it ends now.

I like Bones and Its not best mecha ever but definitely pretty good and worth a watch id say.

Id probably actually rate this show a 7... but when i hear such nonsensical hating i just want to give it a 10 to offset some haters at least.
removed-userNov 22, 2014 3:04 AM
Jan 18, 2015 10:11 PM
May 2012
I actually cared about this show.

It's like Star Driver meets Evangelion (perhaps?) to me.

But I don't like how most of questions in a previous episode are left unanswered (and yet they still don't do shit) like Eiji Arashi's whereabouts. I mean WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?! That's NOT fair, anime...
JafriZinJan 19, 2015 11:27 PM
Jan 25, 2015 7:37 PM

Dec 2007
I just finished it...the main reason that i didnt even started was that many were calling it.....well not taht good show....and i had other things to watch.....but i picked it up yesterday and watched it whole....after the first 5 ep i just didnt understand why was all of you so angry at this show....maybe it just i wasnt expecting anything.....or that it would get boring....or just too much cliche after a while or that i was maybe targeted on younger audience....but this didnt happen....i enjoyed the whole show...from the start to the end.....it remainded me of many show...but mostrly probably the new aquarion and i think that it wasnt that much worse than that...in terms of story.....this is just my opinion ....and i am not forcing it on anyone....maybe i just like stories like this from time to time and just watched it in the right mood....donno....as i said overall...i liked it and dont regret time i spend on it.
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Apr 26, 2015 10:37 PM

Jul 2013
Glorfindel_ said:
I dont think it deserves to be called bad, but its nothing that blows you off your chair. I think the soundtrack and animation is decent, but the story and characters are a but so-so. I agree with the "average" stamp.
fairy tail my brother
May 2, 2015 11:01 AM

Nov 2014
It's so average that I can give it more than 2/10

Nov 13, 2015 12:26 PM

Nov 2013
SalmonSandwich said:

Also @Keten agreed definitely, the "if you think it sucks then don't watch the show" has always been an annoying rebuttal.

No, that is just common sense.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 21, 2016 6:28 AM

Oct 2015
WOW! I do not know what to say, I don't hate this anime just that I cannot find a way to like it, its that anime I'm never gonna remember the ending of after the last episode

And I know this is totally on me but what is up with taking all of "Humanity's Libido" thing, I mean they were saying this with straight faces so it should be a serious thing but it just made it more cringy to me

And all the pointless information they put in this anime, so many specific terms that were unnecessary, so many scenes that could have been cutoff the anime and it would still make sense, i hate it when they do this

5/10 I guess

#IknowthisisanoldforumpostIjusthadtosaywhatisaid
Apr 18, 2018 7:12 AM

Mar 2016
A lot of people like to complain about things that don't really matter. It's an over the top mecha coming of age story, and for that it's perfectly fine.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.