Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2008 10:36 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So a few things to discuss:
- Ai obviously likes Shinchirou
- Noe has a brother
- Hiromi's one lying biatch
Anyway, how was that ending? >.< Man, I can't wait for the next ep.
radiantfireJan 20, 2008 10:43 AM
Jan 20, 2008 10:53 AM

Dec 2007
It was really well done. It's debatable if Hiromi's reaction at the end was because she really likes Shinichirou, or because she was embarrassed that he heard what she said about Noe's brother. It's more interesting if we assume that she does, in fact, like Shinichirou, and also didn't know that number 4 was Noe's brother. In that case, she accidentally creates an explanation for asking to be Noe's friend, and forces Shinichirou to take what she said as truth.

Also, the preview was interesting. It sounds like Noe's brother is going to ask Shinichirou to go out with Noe?
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Jan 20, 2008 11:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very entertaining episode. Some background information, interesting twists but not enough Noe. Hiromi's obviously adopted, looking forward to when they explain why and how.

Noe's very funny, I'm really looking forward to some more of her screentime in the next ep.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 20, 2008 1:12 PM
Oct 2007
Explained in first episode, Hiromi's parents died , and her father's friend took her in, aka shin'ichiro's dad.

Episode was fun, rly interesting, aaaaaaaarg, i can't decide wich girl he will end up with but i bet 200 chicken seeds on Ai-chan being the girl, i've got a good instinct when it comes to stuff like this, I dunno why but i just feel it.
Jan 20, 2008 1:26 PM
Oct 2007
i would prefer Hidomi! I really like that char
Jan 20, 2008 1:30 PM
Dec 2007
I'm rooting for Ai-chan now!

Hiromi's reaction at the end was priceless, the animation of it was very well done too. Normal eyes to Super Shock!
I can't wait for next episode.
Jan 20, 2008 2:34 PM

Jun 2007
This ep was pretty good. I'm a bit confused why Shinichirou's mom always seems mad and gets even more mad when Shinichirou 's dad mentions Hiromi is their kid now. Is there something we haven't been told yet ;). It would be hilarious if in the end Hiromi and Shinichirou hook up only to find out they're related by blood lol. Id probably shed a tear and then laugh my ass off.

Honestly in my opinion I think Hiromi really does like Shinichirou. Even though all the evidence points to the number 4 basketball player there's still that flashback of her past that she cant seem to get rid of, of her and Shinichirou together walking after she got lost and scared. Theres also her best friend that thinks shes lying. So I really hope they do end up together in the end, but this definitely brought some drama to what seemed like a drama-less show.

Ai and Noe seem to much like secondary characters in terms of mutual love hookups with Shinichirou. So I don't really think either will end up with him. At least thats how I feel. It is painfully obvious that Ai likes him though. I feel bad for her b/f but I think things will work out for them in the end. You can kind of see it when he mentions that he'd love to die by her cooking and she freezes wile getting soda and the screen turns into a picture kind of.

Prediction number 1: Shinichirou will be asked by Noe's brother to go out with her and him possibly thinking about it because he thinks he has no chance with Hiromi anymore. Then Hiromi finds out, becomes a little depressed, and then thinks about asking out Noe's brother to cause jealousy. Somewhere along the line Shinichirou will figure out Hiromi has liked him the whole time. There will probably be some other random things happening to add to the drama and then some confrontations between Hiromi and Shinichirou. He will find her crying for the first time since she joined his family. They will probably talk some and then hookup.
Jan 20, 2008 2:39 PM

Jun 2007
so,Hiromi like Noe's brother heh????Thats a LIE!!!!I just know it....
Jan 20, 2008 2:44 PM

Aug 2007
Grr, it won't download for me :(.
Jan 20, 2008 2:57 PM

Aug 2007
Tsk Hiromi is terrible.
Jan 20, 2008 4:26 PM

Aug 2007
Finally got it to download :D. Wow, the ending really wanted me to see more >_<. I don't really think Ai likes Shin'chiro, doesn't she like the other guy though?
Jan 20, 2008 4:27 PM

Sep 2007
Im really starting to take a liking on this series
Raigomaru totally killed the mood in this red-snow-dream-thingy xD
The ending made me curious..

Cant wait to see next episode ^^

Jan 20, 2008 5:31 PM

Aug 2007
Getting quite interesting.. I was a little surprised at the hints that Ai likes Shinichiro since I thought she was with Shin's friend Nobusa.
Jan 20, 2008 5:37 PM

Jan 2007
Nice episode. The whole chicken feed thing was funny. I'm not sure what to think about Hiromi at the end.
Jan 20, 2008 5:48 PM

Aug 2007
THAT FOOL! why didnt he run at the end of the ep?!?!?!?!
Jan 20, 2008 5:56 PM

Oct 2007
The ending was awesome, it made the whole episode better for me. I'm going to say that Hiromi lied and still likes shinchirou.
Jan 20, 2008 6:11 PM

Nov 2007
I get the felling that Shinichiro's mom was against taking in Hiromi. I also think that Hiromi is lying as well. This is getting preety interesting even though its only the third episode. I think it was a good idea to not have Shinichiro run away at the end because if he did then....well......the confrontation of them after Hiromi said she liked that one guy was perfect. We'll have to wait till the next episode to see how it plays out. Get ready for excuses. Also the fact that Hiromi actually does remember what Shinichiro was saying even though she said she didn't remember might say something.
Jan 20, 2008 6:29 PM

Sep 2007
I love everyone's facial expressions at the basketball game when they spot Shinichiro giving Noe a piggyback ride :P
Jan 20, 2008 6:38 PM
Jun 2007
Noe all the way!!! Screw Hiromi! I can sense that Noe already knows that Shinichiro likes her, Noe isn't dense kind of girl. Remember what she said to Hiromi? That Hiromi doesn't want to be friends with her. Yeah that, that's cuz Noe noticed that she likes Shinichiro. (i think)

PREDICTION: Shinichiro will go out with Noe, but they will SOMEHOW break up. After they break up, Noe can "get her tears back". But then, they will SOMEHOW get together again and Noe will show her "True Tears", aka tears of happiness? lol. The end, happy ending.

lol, either way, Hiromi is screwed up on this episode. Remember you guys when Shinichiro was wondering why Hiromi wants to be friends with Noe? He thought that the person close to Noe is the person Hiromi likes. Shinichiro thought it was him, since he was the only guy who closely talks with Noe. But then Noe has a brother (which he just recently knew), which is the number 4 basketball player, the person who Shinichiro heard when Hiromi's friend were asking her who she likes.. XD lol

Anyway, awesome episode. Better than H2O Rocks your Soul (IMO).
giossJan 20, 2008 7:28 PM
Jan 20, 2008 8:48 PM

Aug 2007
The premise seems to be that of a serious romantic tale, bring on the drama baby! I hope the plot focuses on the 3 harem girls without forsaking one for the other until the very last episode, I want True Tears damnit! xD

It feels like other than Noe, both Hiromi and Ai have previous ties to Nakagami (not gonna type that hellish name) that probably stretches since childhood. I'm interested as to how these girls will react to the usurper, Noe.

I could feel the drama and the emotions being displayed by the characters, think I may have given the show too little credit back in episode 1...

Hope the plot thickens...and yes True Tears right now is leagues better than H2O.
Jan 20, 2008 8:54 PM

Jul 2007
Wow i'd like to say that this episode was really well done by the producers. It was really unexpected in the end. I cant wait till next episode to see how things go.
Jan 20, 2008 9:01 PM

Oct 2007
Excellent episode. Just loved the ending when Hiromi was lying and Shinichirou overheard her. I would like Noe to end up with Shinichirou but I'm relatively sure that he'll end up with Hiromi somehow...
Jan 20, 2008 9:28 PM
Jun 2007
Penguinator said:
Excellent episode. Just loved the ending when Hiromi was lying and Shinichirou overheard her. I would like Noe to end up with Shinichirou but I'm relatively sure that he'll end up with Hiromi somehow...

Yeah, unfortunately, I kinda feel like that too. Since childhood friends has stronger bonds with each other. No, I'm still rooting with Noe.

I bet $10 he will end up with Noe. =P
Jan 20, 2008 10:59 PM

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
not enough Noe.

My sentiments exactly. Really liking this show though, cannot wait for more.
Jan 20, 2008 11:12 PM
Jan 2008
Not sure what it is, but I liked this series since ep 1, and it seems like it's just getting better. It's not like other series where I just watch more episodes waiting to see if something good's going to happen. Hmmm I really can't pinpoint it.
Jan 21, 2008 12:19 AM

Aug 2007
so that's why Hiromi wanted to be Noe's friend. So she could me her older brother. makes sense in a way. poor shinichiro. This is one of my faves. Makes all the other anime that came out around this time really boring.
Jan 21, 2008 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
Nice episode, I really like the way it ended^^,
Jan 21, 2008 7:55 AM

Oct 2007
MajorAddiction said:
Getting quite interesting.. I was a little surprised at the hints that Ai likes Shinichiro since I thought she was with Shin's friend Nobusa.

As Ai said, if you can't get the guy you like go for something that's close to him. What could be closer than his friend and possibly his male best friend. This way she sees him all the time and can still flirt too! I think Ai has grown to like the best friend over time but she needs to kill her feelings for Shin' first if that is going to last.

I am interested in the mother. Does she have some sort of complex for Shin'? I think she knows that Hiromi likes Shin' and she doesn't approve. This could also be the reason why she won't accept Hiromi as a child of hers. I was wondering though if Hiromi is a product of an illegitimate affair but who knows.

Noe however has dropped down a notch in my book. She is being annoying and selfish right now. She won't listen to what Shin' says and deceives him. That will need to change otherwise I will not like her character as much.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jan 21, 2008 11:16 AM

Oct 2007
lilgumba said:
MajorAddiction said:

As Ai said, if you can't get the guy you like go for something that's close to him. What could be closer than his friend and possibly his male best friend. This way she sees him all the time and can still flirt too! I think Ai has grown to like the best friend over time but she needs to kill her feelings for Shin' first if that is going to last.

I am interested in the mother. Does she have some sort of complex for Shin'? I think she knows that Hiromi likes Shin' and she doesn't approve. This could also be the reason why she won't accept Hiromi as a child of hers. I was wondering though if Hiromi is a product of an illegitimate affair but who knows.

Noe however has dropped down a notch in my book. She is being annoying and selfish right now. She won't listen to what Shin' says and deceives him. That will need to change otherwise I will not like her character as much.

well said ^^ my sentiments exactley.

Jan 21, 2008 1:00 PM

Nov 2007
I think this series is gonna end up a Shin x Noe and Noe's bro x Hiromi. Technically Hiromi and Shin are still brother and sister, unless theres going to be some kind of brother sister complex at the end of the series.
\
Jan 21, 2008 1:22 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode ^_^

lol, all that chicken feed she was sending him XD

and Hiromi = evil bitch!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2008 1:53 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm, it seems that there are more than one girl that likes him! but i wanna see the turn of even x]. This just keeps getting better!
Jan 21, 2008 2:20 PM

Sep 2007
Noe is wacky as usual
Hiromi is sneaky as usual
Shin'Ichiro doesn't get anything as usual..

But oh such a good ep.. Why did he stay there when he knew she was coming roung the corner D:

Next ep NOW

Jan 21, 2008 3:06 PM

Nov 2007
Great ep. It's getting better than I thought, and ending... I can't wait for naxt ep
Jan 21, 2008 4:19 PM

Dec 2007
I so could watch this entire show in no time if all episodes were out. Gah! It's really worth waiting for though.

I can't pick a favourite from the three girls. Ai's definitely the most cute of them all but we know too little about her as of now. Noe is... well, pretty weird and she's making the show fun to watch. You'll never know quite what to expect. I would still say Hiromi is the most interesting since she hasn't really shown any emotions yet. I'm guessing this can put some off because she's a bit on the calculating side but I dunno....

Really liked how the episode ended. Drama! I hardly think that she honestly likes Noe's brother but who knows. It wouldn't be all that interesting if that was the case.
Jan 21, 2008 5:03 PM

Oct 2007
i hope the mom gets more screen time so that we dont have this feeling like she's a total bitch throughout the entire series and then she turns out to have her reasons in one special episode
Jan 21, 2008 10:18 PM

Dec 2007
Tomoyo syndrome for the win, let Hiromi succumb to gl!
Jan 21, 2008 10:26 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
"If you can't get the guy, go for someone close to him" ?? Women are stupid when they do things like that, lol. Never works. Never thought that Hiromi would befriend Noe to get close to her BROTHER though. I thought it was Shin, all the way.

manasteel88 said:
i hope the mom gets more screen time so that we dont have this feeling like she's a total bitch throughout the entire series and then she turns out to have her reasons in one special episode
I also want to know why Shin's mother is all psycho against Hiromi. She's really getting on my nerves, that woman...
Jan 22, 2008 12:47 AM
Jan 2008
noe= fun
hiromi = mysterious
ai= unknown.. (good cook?)
Noe FTW. ai should stay with nobuse. hiromi goes with the #4 dude. and noe with shin'. Thats how the rest of the anime is gonna be lol.The end of this episode is like how kimikiss pure rouge end their episodes captures your heart makes u want more. I think this anime should get a higher rating =/
Jan 22, 2008 1:40 AM

Sep 2007
Well this series is coming along quite well, shaping up to be one of the better series of the season. It's gotten to the point where I look forward to the show airing every week.
Jan 22, 2008 9:47 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode, this show's one of my favorites for winter. I'm rooting for Ai though, need more Ai!
Jan 22, 2008 11:16 AM
Jan 2008
Another lovely episode ;) End and face Hiromi made was priceless, can't wait for next ep. Can't decide should I root for Ai or Noe ;F like them both.
Jan 22, 2008 3:47 PM

Jul 2007
xD Shin's dream was damn funny, especially Raigomaru's little appearance. And I agree, not enough Noe in this episode. I kind of hope that Hiromi does like Noe's brother so that Noe can end up with Shin.
Jan 22, 2008 9:29 PM

Nov 2007
am i the only one who likes hiromi- -? well she lies too much for sure, but i just have a feeling that they r going to end up together...
Jan 24, 2008 8:25 AM

Jul 2007
why does he have to choose? get them all! XD

they should show ai-chan in her uniform! ZETTAI RYOUKI FTW!
Jan 24, 2008 11:08 AM

Jun 2007
pcube19622 said:
am i the only one who likes hiromi- -? well she lies too much for sure, but i just have a feeling that they r going to end up together...
I like her too. I think they will end up together as well.
Jan 24, 2008 8:03 PM

Nov 2007
pcube19622,

Your Not The Only One, Hiromi Love For The Way!!!!!!

I Bet Hiromi's Gonna Win ^^

Jan 26, 2008 12:52 PM

Sep 2007
It would really be a pleasant surprise if he ends with Ai.
Jan 26, 2008 1:50 PM
Jun 2007
What's wrong with you people?! It's obviously NOE!!!! NOE!! XD lol
Jan 26, 2008 5:55 PM
Jan 2008
i cant wait for episode 4 bcoz episode 3 left me hanging for more.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

gioss - Jan 26, 2008

103 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 7:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM

» True Tears Quotes

ClannadForever - Jun 9, 2009

6 by Syureria »»
Dec 11, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.