Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 19, 2014 10:10 PM

Mar 2013
That Shinn Asuka voice, much nostalgia
Apr 19, 2014 11:34 PM

Sep 2013
Really liked this ehilarious. Its improving slowly, which makes me happy. Music is really good. Omg Hana naked was hilarious.
Apr 20, 2014 12:18 AM

Jun 2009
amfness2099 said:
that insert song <3
It reminds me of something, the song's tune is familiar to me.
Dunno if its from Gundam Seed or some other mecha anime.

That might be Star Driver. I also had a similar feeling with Star Driver while watching this episode especially when Hana started singing.
KazuharaApr 20, 2014 12:21 AM
Apr 20, 2014 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
"My restraint!" haha.

The enemy was happy when he saw Albion so I guess they were friends once. I wonder why every time they defeat the enemy, they let the little cube thing escape :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 20, 2014 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
Hana's song is similar to the beautiful songs of Star Driver, and Teppei looks like part of the Kiltgang in the past
Apr 20, 2014 3:31 AM

Jul 2012
So finally got to see Teppi's mech.

Great episode!!!
Apr 20, 2014 5:51 AM
Apr 2014
DAT HANA FANSERVICE, plus why you gotta be so salty, salty dog? :/ tryna kill my fav character Daichi in episode 3...
Apr 20, 2014 7:44 AM

Apr 2011
Hana's song is beautiful and gorgeous. Better than Nike's Tender rain.

Also giving fanservice as a bonus. Daichi's restraint almost blew up. lol
Apr 20, 2014 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
JizzyHitler said:
skudoops said:
Anon1409 said:
This is going to be so crap if it revolves around trying to kill the two aliens

Seems like it's going to be more than that since there are more gears out there.
they are definitely entry level antagonists working for someone, most mechas and action shows in general usually have a entry level antagonist for the first quarter or so before it opens up more.

this official art confirms that there are at least 4 more antagonist pilots in addition the 2 we have already
http://simg2.gelbooru.com//images/2023/8b55bdbb280b6f411606394b34e0465d.jpg?2234848

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2014 8:14 AM

Oct 2011
If you think the show is awesome as it is, just wait until Daichi starts dazzling the stage.
Apr 20, 2014 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
Polychrome said:
If you think the show is awesome as it is, just wait until Daichi starts dazzling the stage.
im waiting for daichi to scream "daichi missile" and launch himself at the enemy

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
I like how this show has a good balance between the action mecha parts with the slice of life/normal life parts. It feels like Nagi no Asukara in some way.
Apr 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Polychrome said:
im waiting for daichi to scream "daichi missile" and launch himself at the enemy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6EeCs9orK4
Apr 20, 2014 2:18 PM

Sep 2012
Woha.
Only Episode 3 and he is already outclassed.
Well were 2 cool episodes of our now useless protagonist.
Apr 20, 2014 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
NoobElite said:
Woha.
Only Episode 3 and he is already outclassed.
Well were 2 cool episodes of our now useless protagonist.

he didnt do anything in the 1st episode other than sit in a cockpit whilst he was launched on autopilot
and episode 2 he got his ass kicked the entire time and had akari bail him out
episode 3 he actually fought decently on his own before getting bailed out.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 20, 2014 4:16 PM

Apr 2014
I don't want to sound like a hater but this anime just isn't working for me.

The character motivations are too generic and uninteresting.

Villains appear to be evil for the sake of being evil. They also do not appear to be very good at being evil considering how the get destroyed whenever our generic teenage mecha pilot shows up and defeats them with one blow.

I usually don't mind fan service but it doesn't work here, for me at least. Hana has no development whatsoever at this point so it feels like she's just eye candy. Maybe I'm nitpicking.

Do we really have to sit through a minute long transformation sequence for about 2 minutes of actual action?

A fucking cup walkie talkie phone thing? Is that so he can secretly talk to his superiors? Because walking in and seeing someone sit alone with their ear to a disposable cup wouldn't raise any suspicions whatsoever.

Other people seem to enjoy this show more than me, but it's early on so I shouldn't make a call and say that it's shit just yet. 6.5/10 for this episode, 5/10 so far.
http://www.oocities.com/Tokyo/Lights/8305/

My Favorite Anime>Your Favorite Anime
Apr 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
The style of fighting and the music really reminds me of Star Driver... o.o

Apr 20, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
I agree on Akari, she's really nice. Her serious face during hacking, her reaction in the "restraint" scene, and getting right back at her father with the "that makes you a small person".

I also loved Hana singing, and Daichi being totally oblivous when Teppei asked him if it doesn't creep him out.

And i really love that they all take action. Daichi proved it the episode before that he doesn't waste time when it comes to things he can do, and Hana, despite appearing shy and speaking rarely etc. immediately jumped up and even dragged Teppei with her when she heard about the situation from her pet.

Salty Dog is a bit weird. Not sure if he's just there to make their lives hard, or if he will serve an actual purpose.

If they keep it up like this, i really have to watch Star Driver afterwards i guess. 25 episodes is a long time though..
Apr 20, 2014 6:15 PM

Sep 2011
NwAurion said:

If they keep it up like this, i really have to watch Star Driver afterwards i guess. 25 episodes is a long time though..
star driver and this are very different, theres alot of similarities but SD is much more ridiculous, takes itself significantly less serious, is really light hearted with no threat of death and while daichi here is showing a ton of signs of stuggle takuto has plot armor bigger than just about any anime character ever

Really just picture 25 episodes of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvnY2HopaQA
its good fun but it feels very different than CE so far

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 20, 2014 6:19 PM

Oct 2013
Would this anime like to take the opportunity to explain what the fuck is happening?

Not a single one of the characters have any established motivations; why are pink hair and blue hair trying to destroy the Earth? Why does the guy with glasses care more about killing the MC then protecting the Earth? Why do they even need the MC if Teppei is so overpowered?

So much has yet to be explained and yet they keep trucking on forward.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Apr 20, 2014 9:02 PM

Aug 2013
Why don't they destroy the damn cube after beating these mecha?! They wouldn't come back each time if do.

Also, srs teppei, he 2 op :/
The power of song, I think I saw that earlier this week, but it started raining instead...

Now, it seem obvious who the pairing will be : Daichi x boomerang, Akari x nuts x Pitz, Hana x uncle (pretty bold move to get naked in front of him) and Teppei x rainbowzzzz.

More seriously, it was good in overall. I can't unsee the transformation like if it was a dwarf entering anally in a big body xD
I'm so immature.

The new future technology, the coffee cup! Perfect for intergalactical communication!
Now we know that the weird secret agent guy is an infiltred from the other gang. Wonder how they catch him (because I assume they will catch him).
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 20, 2014 10:50 PM

May 2012
19:00 that's the real magical girl

6.5/10 for this episode.
Ekkusupando!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 20, 2014 11:54 PM

Jan 2012
hana's song is just too .... <3
Apr 21, 2014 2:19 AM

May 2013
"My restraint!"

Well, we have some short actions in this episode but okay, Hana's song was refreshing to hear.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 21, 2014 3:45 AM

Apr 2014
Link_of_Hyrule said:
Would this anime like to take the opportunity to explain what the fuck is happening?

Not a single one of the characters have any established motivations; why are pink hair and blue hair trying to destroy the Earth? Why does the guy with glasses care more about killing the MC then protecting the Earth? Why do they even need the MC if Teppei is so overpowered?

So much has yet to be explained and yet they keep trucking on forward.

This and why is daichi the only one who can pilot the earth engine? 3 episodes so far and there has been no proper explanation yet.
Apr 21, 2014 4:52 AM

Jan 2011
if we only have one machine that can fight alien invaders, don't we need to repair it immediately?

and of course, a songstress is a must^^
Apr 21, 2014 7:37 AM
Aug 2009
That was a good episode but one thing has been bothering me : when the hell did Daichi learn to pilot ? We know he's somewhat good at arcade games but I don't think that'll help to pilot some mecha. And I don't remember anyone saying he'll learn to pilot it (or that he learned to do so).

When I see him fight in this episode looking like he knows what he's doing while in the Earth Engine, I can't help but wonder.
Apr 21, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2009
Akari is quite the Mahou Shoujo.
That song was beautiful~
Gotta love the mech designs in this.

But this is extremely generic at this point.
Apr 21, 2014 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
Song was great but the fight was kinda one-sided.

Wonder how the fuck did Teppei get a mecha ?
Apr 21, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2008
The real reason glasses asshole wanted Daichi dead is because he believed Daichi was cock-blocking his imaginary intimate relationship with Hana. >__>

Beautiful battle song. Makes me want to watch Star Driver again.

Teppei is bad ass and Albion looks amazing!!
Apr 21, 2014 5:56 PM

Mar 2013
I really hate boring villains that are easy to hate and just act like shit for no reason.

Shitty writing is all it is.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 21, 2014 7:59 PM

Jun 2013
Didn't Daichi have friends back in the city or something? If we don't ever see them again, there was absolutely no point introducing them.

Okay, as much as I dislike what's going on right now, I love Akari. She's awesome, lol.
DerpHole said:
Amen.

I figured it out. This is like Episodes I-III of Star Wars where George Lucas thought it would be a good idea to have 50 million minor storylines happening at the same time. The result is a major story with connections that are so heavily disjointed there might as well not even be one. Or, the connections are not so disjointed, but because it keeps jumping around it makes it unnecessarily difficult to piece it together. Then add in the low level writing. Captain Earth might be already suffering from both of these problems, so it needs to figure out what it wants to do NOW.

Well, that's my opinion, anyway. It just isn't working for me, so I think I'm going to drop it. There are much higher quality offerings this season. Like Kenzen Robo Daimidaler. That's quality entertainment right there.
-Trippwire-Apr 21, 2014 8:27 PM
Apr 21, 2014 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
Trippwire01 said:
Like Kenzen Robo Daimidaler. That's quality entertainment right there.

no
Apr 21, 2014 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
ex_necross said:
Trippwire01 said:

no
lol
Apr 21, 2014 11:12 PM
Feb 2011
People please give time to an anime before saying it's badly written. People seems to dislike any type of mistery in animes nowadays for some reason. Learn to be patient and enjoy the good aspectes of what we know right now, or even enjoy the learning experience about the plot.
The anime is'nt perfect, but it's great as it's right now. If the anime takes too much time to reveal what's happening then you can start complaining, but not when the anime barely started.
Right now we have some awesme characters, cool mecha battles that aren't the ONLY focus of the anime and some nice relationships and backstories being developed and it's all great. Probably in the next few episodes we will see the MC interacting with his old friends(including that girl that seemed to like him) and more information about why those guys are attacking earth and from where come the powers that are supporting the "good guys", but we alredady have lot's of cool little hints.
With steins;gate and a lot of other great animes it was just the same thing, most people just don't have the patience to let a nice story grow inside them, they want all the adrenaline injected at the first episode(like Shingeki no Kioujin for example). These kinds plots like steins;gate are good exactly because they can't be resumed in one episode, it takes several episodes to develop them. So calm your tits and learn to evaluate and anime by it's entirety instead of watching for boobs, pointless comedy, pointless MC badassery and pointless fighting.
Apr 22, 2014 3:23 AM

May 2012
I think this episode is better than the other two. I do like Akari

ex_necross said:
Trippwire01 said:

no

Daimidaler is easily the best comedy anime this year in my opinion (if not of all time). I was laughing every minute specially in 2nd and 3rd episode. And yes I think it much more entertaining to watch than something like captain earth.
Apr 22, 2014 4:38 AM

Apr 2014
realm087 said:
People please give time to an anime before saying it's badly written. People seems to dislike any type of mistery in animes nowadays for some reason. Learn to be patient and enjoy the good aspectes of what we know right now, or even enjoy the learning experience about the plot.
The anime is'nt perfect, but it's great as it's right now. If the anime takes too much time to reveal what's happening then you can start complaining, but not when the anime barely started.
Right now we have some awesme characters, cool mecha battles that aren't the ONLY focus of the anime and some nice relationships and backstories being developed and it's all great. Probably in the next few episodes we will see the MC interacting with his old friends(including that girl that seemed to like him) and more information about why those guys are attacking earth and from where come the powers that are supporting the "good guys", but we alredady have lot's of cool little hints.
With steins;gate and a lot of other great animes it was just the same thing, most people just don't have the patience to let a nice story grow inside them, they want all the adrenaline injected at the first episode(like Shingeki no Kioujin for example). These kinds plots like steins;gate are good exactly because they can't be resumed in one episode, it takes several episodes to develop them. So calm your tits and learn to evaluate and anime by it's entirety instead of watching for boobs, pointless comedy, pointless MC badassery and pointless fighting.

Did you just compare steins;gate with this mediocre anime? Three episodes have been aired and so far it has been terrible except the animation. Yes in fact after the last two episode I feel like I'm watching 10 year old characters using mechas. And the part where hana walked in naked was a poor attempt for comedy. I mean is that the only way to make funny moments, girl walks in naked...really?? What happened to his friends in the first episode? Why introduce them in the first place if they were going to disappear like fuck? Why is Daichi the only one who can pilot the earth engine? Nobody even gives a fuck about that part like its completely normal for a kid to use a complex mecha.
Shitty writing so far.
Apr 22, 2014 5:51 AM

Jun 2008
realm087 said:

It's not the matter of "mystery". I have nothing against waiting for the story to develop, but the way it's currently developed is really mediocre.
The characters' motivations and behavior are irrational, for example. "Boy falls into the cockpit and suddenly is a piloting prodigy" is a mecha cliche and I can begrudgingly accept it. But why wasn't he freaking out? Even if he was certain he's the only one able to stop the enemy, he should have at least been afraid/nervous/confused. And how did he know he could summon the Livlaster later? Actually, his whole characterisation is inconsistent, but these were the moments that killed my suspension of disbelief.
Just like Trippwire01 said above, the storylines are clumsy and barely connected.
Oh, and I certainly don't watch anime for boobs, pointless humor or any other thing you mentioned. I actually cringed at the naked Hana scene. This was "pointless boobs comedy" at its finest.
ReiteApr 22, 2014 3:41 PM
Apr 22, 2014 7:32 AM
Jan 2010
DerpHole said:
I really hate boring villains that are easy to hate and just act like shit for no reason.

And those ridiculous designs and out of place haircolors too.
Don't even get me started on that one guy just launching a rocket into space without any kind of authorization.
Apr 22, 2014 7:40 AM
Jun 2012
I think Captain Earth takes itself a lot more seriously than I do, but I enjoy it for what it is. It reminds me of some of the mecha I liked when I was a teenager, and even though it can be predictable or cliche so far it doesn't really bother me.

However, I really dislike some of the names they have for organizations and stuff in the show. Salty Dog and Kill-T-Gang? Weird. Machine Goodfellow? Even weirder. They just don't sound natural when reading them or saying the names out loud.
Apr 22, 2014 8:50 AM

Dec 2013
The antagonists are so fucking dumb. Impossible to take seriously.
Apr 22, 2014 9:31 AM
Feb 2014
Bones is playing it safe with the generic plot and cliches. But they aren't even doing it well for now.

Akari's introduction was okay. Overall good animation. Just keep it up.

Chances of redemption by explaining and better char development are replaced weak bimbo comedy. why?

Need better and longer mech fights. Especially in-battle pacing and climax. Throwing million dollars worth of fodder at the enemy, with no expectations of any strategic advantage, is no good.

There should've been dismemberment or stuff but the way OP Deus Ex Mech came was too fast and too anticlimactic. The insert song was good but my awe was somewhere else because of this :/
Apr 22, 2014 1:25 PM
May 2011
This is the dumbest thing I've watched in a while.
Apr 22, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2008
Z4k said:
Did you just compare steins;gate with this mediocre anime?
How is it mediocre?
Z4k said:
Three episodes have been aired and so far it has been terrible except the animation.
What exactly was terrible?
Z4k said:
Yes in fact after the last two episode I feel like I'm watching 10 year old characters using mechas.
So the characters have personalities that are difficult for you to understand because they look and behave naively childish? Well, this happens a lot in real life. That's perfectly normal. May be not your cup of tea... but that's certainly not an objective disadvantage of the show. In fact, there are strong hints that it's exactly this kind of strong-willed, pure-hearted and childishly naive personality that makes Daichi a captain.
Z4k said:
And the part where hana walked in naked was a poor attempt for comedy. I mean is that the only way to make funny moments, girl walks in naked...really??
No way was that the only funny moment. Come on! The whole Akari opera-like introduction was directed exceptionally well in terms of comedy.
Z4k said:
What happened to his friends in the first episode? Why introduce them in the first place if they were going to disappear like fuck?
Several reasons are possible.
a) They will play their roles later in the show
b) They were needed to better set up Daichi's personality - a good arcade/video game player (potentially suits for mecha piloting), taking care of and studying only what interests him, being liked by a schoolmate but having no girlfriend and hardly ever thinking about it. Although I'd agree, that they probably got a bit too much attention for such a reason. On the other hand, made it very realistic and thus played a good contrast between a normal school life and a mecha adventure.
c) directing/script mistake... can't exclude that, of course. But now is certainly the wrong time to judge about it. Let's finish watching it till the end.
Z4k said:
Why is Daichi the only one who can pilot the earth engine?
Because he's somehow able to use the Orgone energy. Why is that possible - we don't know yet. This is something that might become explained at the very end of the show. For now, as I already mentioned above, the hints actually point to his particular personality, rooting to his very childhood - he woke up Hana by touching that liquid sphere and causing those blue Orgone-like spikes.
Z4k said:
Nobody even gives a fuck about that part like its completely normal for a kid to use a complex mecha.
He has not really been using it. He's literally driving it, charging the engine with Orgone energy - his will and libido if you want (the show is full of Freud terminology, by the way, so you better read wiki - at least about Ego, Id, Super-ego, Abreaction, Libido, and Orgone). And despite episode one clearly set him at the very least as having very good reflexes, the one who did operate the unit was actually Akari. Daichi's simply a huge battery, the Orgone accumulator.
Z4k said:
Shitty writing so far.
I think it's the opposite. I think the writing is very interesting to follow. The amount of information provided in three episodes is enormous. We already know there's some kind of unknown and mysterious technology called Gears that requires Libido/Orgone energy. We know that this technology is researched on Earth at Globe's Tanegashima base otherwise known as Intercept faction. We know that it's also being developed by the Macbeth group on the Moon base, otherwise known as Ark faction. We know that there are some kind of superhumans, otherwise known as designer's children - they possess singularities, that give them certain superabilities like remote controlling mechas. Teppei, being one of them, somehow ended up on Earth and is studied at Globe, while Amara and Moco are trying to penetrate the Earth for whichever reasons they have. Then we know there's a CEO Kube and a number of dark people behind the Ark faction. Kube somehow got himself a Puck AI, which helps him find a way to destroy humanity, leaving only the chosen ones. Hence the Ark faction and Kivotos plan (Kivotos is Greek for Ark). I think, it doesn't matter much for Kube who "wins", Ark or Intercept. What he might actually be interested in is who's a more efficient side, who better develops the Gears technology. But this is speculation as of yet. Finally we know, there's Hana, otherwise known as Princess of Blume. Her singing seems to resonate with Gears technology, or, perhaps even the planet Earth energy. I'm sure we'll figure out soon. And that's not all. There are more variables I haven't mentioned above. What else do you need from the very beginning of a story? It sets all the characters, establishes well their personalities, introduces several lines of plot development. Too much to comprehend? Well, that's not shitty writing. That's lack of desire to perform analysis.

Reite said:
It's not the matter of "mystery". I have nothing against waiting for the story to develop, but the way it's currently developed is really mediocre.
So what is mediocre in its development?
Reite said:
The characters' motivations and behavior are irrational, for example. "Boy falls into the cockpit and suddenly is a piloting prodigy" is a mecha cliche and I can begrudgingly accept it.
He's not a piloting prodigy. He's just the only one who got the key to the vehicle and the fuel to drive it. He can't really drive it yet aside from purely automated launch and expansion sequence and charging the engine with the Orgone energy. Oh, and he was portrayed as a good virtual vehicle driver with decent reflexes in the first episode. Not the strongest argument, but certainly better than piloting suddenly. But again, it's his pure will to defend the planet, that is doing most of the job through the Livlaster. And what's wrong with irrational behaviours?
Reite said:
But why wasn't he freaking out? Even if he was certain he's the only one able to stop the enemy, he should have at least been afraid/nervous/confused.
Because he already made up his mind. Because he has something precious to protect - the better world his father died for. In fact, he's simply already driven by another, stronger emotion, which is then being amplified through the Livlaster.
Reite said:
Actually, his whole characterisation is inconsistent, but this was the moment that killed my suspension of disbelief.
How is his character inconsistent? Strong-willed, pure-hearted, naive, easily manipulated. What is inconsistent?
Reite said:
Just like Trippwire01 said above, the storylines are clumsy and barely connected.
So do perform the analysis and connect them. That's the best part about the plot so far. Besides, it's not like they are barely connected. Everything's set up pretty tight already. You just need to use a tiny bit of grey matter.
Apr 22, 2014 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
Oh God, too much to quote. I'll just do like this:

the path: I agree. By all means the show is technically "bad," but it's the easily the funniest show this season if you have the right mentality. Whereas Captain Earth tried to fit in a 'humorous' nude scene (albeit I did laugh at "My restraint!"), only for it to fall largely out of place amidst all the genres it's trying to be, Daimidaler is completely self-aware and makes the sexual humor work because that's the point.

realm087: Ok, I'll admit my comparison with the Star Wars I-III was (just a little bit) exaggerated, but it's easy to see similarities in the presentation of their stories. And think about it like this: for a show that's only 26 episodes long that wants to do Captain Earth is trying to do (2 cour still really isn't that much time to build a story), you need to hook your audience fast and immerse them in the world. Otherwise, you get the negatives responses, which can be found in abundance on this forum. For some people, Captain Earth works, but for a significant portion of others, it doesn't.
-Trippwire-Apr 22, 2014 6:51 PM
Apr 23, 2014 7:20 PM
Feb 2014
i'm wondering why we need earth engine if we have albion..why we need hero that need to be saved almost everytime so far? (2 of 3 eps)

i'm not against mistery, info dump, cliffhanger, etc but this show first 3 eps is kind of weird..the action is half-hearted for action/mecha anime, the story somehow feel plain with no emotion, too much term tossed, akari humor is ok, but hana fanservice is meh..maybe will wait till eps 5..

3/5
Apr 23, 2014 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
I don't think this anime is as bad as people are making it out to be. Sure it's a pretty average anime, but this is what we expect 3/4 of anime every season to be. IMO it's still worth watching to at least see how the story progresses; at the very least I'll be tuning in every week for the awesome opening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2014 11:06 PM

Feb 2011
Well all i can say is the OP music reminds me of Eureka Seven but characters designs and insert music absolutely has a Star Driver vibe to it :).

And I'm really loving the OP song so far. Plus I won't get tired on watching that gattai scene over and over again since it's so beautiful :) and for some reason it reminds me of the gattai scene in GaoGaiGar haha.

It's a shame that the battle hardly started at all i was hoping for a decent fight. Oh well :/ at least Teppei aided Daichi with his Albion.

Trippwire01 said:
There are much higher quality offerings this season. Like Kenzen Robo Daimidaler. That's quality entertainment right there.

Daimidaler is going to get my vote on comedy of the season. but it's hardly a mecha show, as it fits heavily on comedy plus ecchi genre lol.
srwgfanApr 23, 2014 11:13 PM
Apr 25, 2014 10:04 AM
Apr 2008
As with the first time: at 52m/s it would need 7.5 days to reach earth.
Those Kiltgangs are only as fast as our cars...
Apr 26, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2010
HorribleSubs translated the approach speed properly, right? Because in space, 52 meters per second is painfully slow. My mining barges in Eve Online do double that.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.