Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Aug 16, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2014
Tobimadara12 said:
Just read the tankobon version of the chapter, with extra pages...interesting, but nothing completely changed. Love this series, by the way, pray for the 4th season!
what is tankobon?
Aug 16, 2014 10:21 PM

Sep 2011
LonelyWizard said:
Tobimadara12 said:
Just read the tankobon version of the chapter, with extra pages...interesting, but nothing completely changed. Love this series, by the way, pray for the 4th season!
what is tankobon?

the released volumes.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 17, 2014 10:26 PM

Jul 2009
what changed?
Aug 18, 2014 1:59 AM

Nov 2011
Kurogashi said:
what changed?

Just appears to be some small dialogue change. In the first version, when Ayumi and Yui are talking to each other, Yui kind of says something like, "Well, that was fun while it lasted! We may never experience an incredible romance like that again!" subtly saying there chances of ending with Keima are pretty much over (Even though she herself proclaims she is still gunning for Keima).

In version 2, Yui explains to Ayumi that Keima is trying to push all the girls away after what took place BECAUSE he likes them. Yui then tells Ayumi that all the girls still have a chance with Keima.

Basically, even though Keima chose Chihiro, they gave it a bigger hint of an open-ending. Even if all our favorite girls lost, there's still a "chance" that could change in the future.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Aug 18, 2014 2:50 AM

Jan 2014
^ lol,seems like Mangaka got some serious complains about Chihiro ending...
Sep 1, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2014
It ended ... I'm so sad. I wanted some more Chihiro screen time.

Sep 8, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2008
Nooo.... I'm not satisfied with this ending...why it had to be a character end... orz
Sep 26, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2010
Hahahaha.. Chihiro ending.. The worst ending possible. Dokurou ending could've been better than this. Onii-chan <3.. Seriously with all those magics and convenient fantasy scenario all around. It was possible to just make a full harem ending. Everyone happy.
Sep 30, 2014 4:51 PM

Mar 2013
After re-reading the whole series, I don't really mind the ending. This can still stay in my top 5. Keima picked one of my least favorite girls, but at the same time, I understood why he did it, and it really did make the most sense. So I can be satisfied with that. Other than that, this series really does stand out at amazing. We really need more main characters like keima.
Oct 14, 2014 2:06 AM

Aug 2011
Chihiro... Dont het her. but never though the end with her, maybe Ayumi or Tenri, but well, great manga i really enjoy it
Oct 14, 2014 2:08 AM

Sep 2013
Shiniblured said:
Chihiro... Dont het her. but never though the end with her, maybe Ayumi or Tenri, but well, great manga i really enjoy it

I think that was exactly the point.
Nov 10, 2014 10:45 PM

Nov 2013
The last few chapters seemed too rushed for me. While I'm ok with how the series ended, I just wish they added more "meat" to the last few chapters. I don't know. I'm not satisfied with the last volume, time to start coming up with my own head-canon I suppose >.<
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" - Winston Churchill

Dec 7, 2014 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
Well, so that's the conclusion, eh..

Overall, the manga was really decent - just when you got tired of 1 concept of playing the story it was swapped with another type of concept and this repeated pretty much till the end.

I loved how the story was presented, although there are a lot of cliches gathered around you kinda see how author himself points out at that, so I guess it's more like authors attempt to make a pun I guess.

It will be a lie to tell that it was the most captivating manga I read, but for a harem(not considering the ending) romance this was actually really great and it kept you reading.

The only thing I would complain is that when the last arc started - I COULD ALREADY SEE THE ENDING!(I couldn't have made this comment without that pun, haha)

Both the overall ending and the ending partner for katsuragi is something that was seen long long beforehand.. most surprising elements were probably about the elsie(it felt a bit deus ex machina here) and akari(mostly because her devil half wasn't realy revealed until much later)

All in all I think it ended a bit unsatisfying.. I mean.. why did the real suddenly become better than 2d for katsuargi.. guess we will never know. Unless he saw it as a route where he gets left alone in the end.(a kind of good ending for him)
End part sure could have more polishing, but all in all I will give it 9/10 because I never thought you could make a harem gatherer(even though that's not realy all the manga is about) so enjoyable.
Dec 12, 2014 11:08 PM

May 2012
what do you guys think about Elsie telling Keima about being
'reincarnated again and again' and she was matched up with bad guys.
she was talking as if she was some goddess. i suspect she was the goddess Demeter, who was reincarnated again as a devil. and now she reincarnated as
Eri Katsuragi.
i think so that i am wrong, what do you guys think?
Dec 20, 2014 8:06 AM
Nov 2013
That ending was just terrible in so many ways

- Dokurou disappearing without any closure. Nor is it ever explained how 2 Dukurous existed in the same world without creating a time paradox
- Elsie is mentioned as the superweapon completely out of nowhere, then the superweapon plot is forgotten within the span of 3 pages. What the hell?
- Satyr was obviously being built up as a final boss for the last 80 chapters or so, then we're just told they were defeated behind the scenes.
- Elsie becoming Keima's real sister. If she were powerful enough to rewrite the past, why was this whole time travel arc necessary? And if Elsie were never in the runaway spirits team, how did Keima make all those conquests?
- Haqua never speaking with Keima after the Goddesses arc, even after her earlier romantic development with Keima. Presumably she also forgot about Elsie and Keima thanks to Elsie no longer being a devil in this world.
- None of the girls besides Chihiro gets any resolution with Keima, presumably they all hate him now that they know he was only playing them and never loved them
- What happened to that evil sixth grade elementary school girl?
- Chihiro winning despite having barely appeared in the manga for 100+ chapters, which would've been around 3 years for anyone following the manga week-by-week. I get that because she's a boring, plain-looking girl who has a different crush every day, she's supposed to symbolize the real world. And that Keima falling for her is to supposed to symbolize Keima accepting reality over his games. But the whole moral that reality=boring=good leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyways it seems clear to me that the author was ended this manga earlier than originally anticiapted. Maybe the sales were bad after the time travelling arc and his editor forced him to wrap it up. For me this series would've been a 10/10 after the goddesses arc, a 7/10 after the time-travelling arc, and a 4/10 after the last 2 chapters.
Dec 27, 2014 7:18 AM
Jan 2013
lejon_brames said:
That ending was just terrible in so many ways

- Dokurou disappearing without any closure. Nor is it ever explained how 2 Dukurous existed in the same world without creating a time paradox
- Elsie is mentioned as the superweapon completely out of nowhere, then the superweapon plot is forgotten within the span of 3 pages. What the hell?
- Satyr was obviously being built up as a final boss for the last 80 chapters or so, then we're just told they were defeated behind the scenes.
- Elsie becoming Keima's real sister. If she were powerful enough to rewrite the past, why was this whole time travel arc necessary? And if Elsie were never in the runaway spirits team, how did Keima make all those conquests?
- Haqua never speaking with Keima after the Goddesses arc, even after her earlier romantic development with Keima. Presumably she also forgot about Elsie and Keima thanks to Elsie no longer being a devil in this world.
- None of the girls besides Chihiro gets any resolution with Keima, presumably they all hate him now that they know he was only playing them and never loved them
- What happened to that evil sixth grade elementary school girl?
- Chihiro winning despite having barely appeared in the manga for 100+ chapters, which would've been around 3 years for anyone following the manga week-by-week. I get that because she's a boring, plain-looking girl who has a different crush every day, she's supposed to symbolize the real world. And that Keima falling for her is to supposed to symbolize Keima accepting reality over his games. But the whole moral that reality=boring=good leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Anyways it seems clear to me that the author was ended this manga earlier than originally anticiapted. Maybe the sales were bad after the time travelling arc and his editor forced him to wrap it up. For me this series would've been a 10/10 after the goddesses arc, a 7/10 after the time-travelling arc, and a 4/10 after the last 2 chapters.

Why chihiro shippers put the narusaku fandom to same.

They won by royal @sspulls and plotholes forced upon the manga.

Hope these people never influence or write any other work of fiction.

Dec 27, 2014 7:42 AM

Jan 2014
genesic123 said:

Lol,which plotholl was that...Thanks for laughs
Dec 27, 2014 7:44 AM
Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
genesic123 said:

I have an entire video on that ending lol.

Dec 27, 2014 8:11 AM

Jan 2014
genesic123 said:
LonelyWizard said:

Oops...i just watched the entire video you mentioned,it fucked my ears.Then i saw that "Inkognito147" guy already rekt you and you keep being ignorant.So there is nothing more to say...

Or would you rather Keima chosing Harem end to fuck all the girls,chose Ayumi because she made him promise "forcefully",or any other girl because why not?
Dec 27, 2014 7:04 PM
Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
genesic123 said:

Oops...i just watched the entire video you mentioned,it fucked my ears.Then i saw that "Inkognito147" guy already rekt you and you keep being ignorant.So there is nothing more to say...

Or would you rather Keima chosing Harem end to fuck all the girls,chose Ayumi because she made him promise "forcefully",or any other girl because why not?

f@ck all girls?

Modern anime has really made ur mind so rotten.

Thats it?

Well he can't even give a damn reason and you use him lol.

The chihiro shipper is strong with this one.

Dec 27, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 2014
I shipped Ayumi,Chihiro,Tenri,Haqua,Nagase and Kanon...I am not some blind fanboy...I am just saying that logically and emotionally the best ending was an ending with Chihiro...Keima never showed any emotion which can be called love against any other girl...

Keima saw this thing as a work until the goddesses arc and even there he only cared for the girls as human being who needs his help...The only true emotions he showed were the guilt,regret and sadness after he made Chihiro sad...Only after that he started thinking girls more than datingsim heroines and realised that they have actual emotions...

The only reason Keima felt those feelings towards Chihiro was the fact that Chihiro liked him before all the demon/goddess business...Just because of that he mistaken her as a goddess and it lead to the Chihiro ending...

It is obvious that mangaka couldnt made the ending he wanted and there were plot holes,but none of those plot holes were about Chihiro...The moment Keima cried after Chihiro it was set in stone that the ending would be either a Chihiro ending or no-girl ending....

I would be happy to see you properly responding to this post without getting freaked out by a simple word(fuck) if possible(seriously)...Please point out the part i misunderstood about the manga or Keima...
Dec 28, 2014 8:17 PM
Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:

Keima saw this thing as a work until the goddesses arc and even there he only cared for the girls as human being who needs his help...The only true emotions he showed were the guilt,regret and sadness after he made Chihiro sad...Only after that he started thinking girls more than datingsim heroines and realised that they have actual emotions...

The only reason Keima felt those feelings towards Chihiro was the fact that Chihiro liked him before all the demon/goddess business...Just because of that he mistaken her as a goddess and it lead to the Chihiro ending...

Kanon did ,Tenri did......

Oh and the plotholes were just forced for the sake of Chihiro.Denying that would just sink your ship.

Every girl he met brought him a step closer to reality.

Keima only had serious feelings of guilt.He should bear the consequences of his actions,not have it undone in the end.By the most glorious of @sspulls.

Just cause chihiro didn't have a goddess......

Why Chihiro accepted him so easliy in one panel?Plothole.

Her song is a big grand plothole now.

Why Elsie became human?quick fix for problem to set up Chihiro end.plothole.

Tenri's time travel efforts now useless,as elsie just altered reality itself.Her ship wasn't the ONLY thing that was sunk.JUST FOR CHIHIRO.

Your ship is that messed up.Chihiro did not just win,she took the entire manga down with her.
genesic123Jan 2, 2015 4:41 AM

Dec 28, 2014 9:03 PM

Jan 2014
oh my god,you just keep blabbering the word "plothole" again again and again...Manga end prematurely,it needed few more chapters,did i ever said Elsie situation resolved perfectly?

Its not Chihiro's fault manga's ending was rushed...

Yes,yes i am just shipping my waifu,ignore everything i said...I guess im a moron for expecting logical thinking from other people,have fun wise person,good luck with your life...
Jan 2, 2015 4:39 AM
Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
oh my god,you just keep blabbering the word "plothole" again again and again...Manga end prematurely,it needed few more chapters,did i ever said Elsie situation resolved perfectly?

Its not Chihiro's fault manga's ending was rushed...

Yes,yes i am just shipping my waifu,ignore everything i said...I guess im a moron for expecting logical thinking from other people,have fun wise person,good luck with your life...

She is obviously tied to these plotholes so......

You aren't special enough to decide whats logical and whats not with your "I SAID SO" argument.

At least don't ruin other mangas LOL.

Jan 2, 2015 4:44 AM

Jan 2014
i am trying to explain my claims at the very least...Unlike certain someone who keep saying "plot hole" like a parrot without explaining,giving examples or trying to sound logical...
Feb 1, 2015 7:50 PM
Jan 2013
LonelyWizard said:
i am trying to explain my claims at the very least...Unlike certain someone who keep saying "plot hole" like a parrot without explaining,giving examples or trying to sound logical...

Your fandom literally F@cked over an entire manga just so you could get your otp.

You chihiro shippers are even worse fans than the japanese otaku,who never went that far......

Stopping this twisted faction of fans from spreading will always be worth it.

Feb 2, 2015 12:04 AM

Jan 2014
genesic123 said:
LonelyWizard said:

Your fandom literally F@cked over an entire manga just so you could get your otp.

You chihiro shippers are even worse fans than the japanese otaku,who never went that far......

You are just sad and you dont make sense :S

I am just trying to enjoy every fuckin thing i read instead of crying over it...And even bashing other people for it...You may hate Chihiro,maybe last chapters were too rushed but those doesnt give you right to keep spouting endless insults...You are the very image of a generic youtube commenter,anytime someone disagrees with you start insulting until he gets bored and leaves you alone:Best way of discussion EVER...

Now go away,stop insulting me just because i said your channel suck,your channel suck and you are the very image of everything i hate about Youtube but its not your fault,maybe,i guess,or something like that...
Feb 5, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
Well the ending was pretty depressing for me.. wouldn't call it a happy one.
The last couple of chapters were rather sudden and abrupt.. by that I just meant the ending not the final arc.
The conquests throughout the story was what I like and enjoyed most in this manga. It was a really nice long journey.
Rather than the plot I'm more focused on the romance aspects in the ending.. in a sense I was a tad bit disappointed with it.
I'm not against the Chihiro end.. am also a supporting this her. Plus it was expected. But the way they made it out was hard to digest.
On the other hand it's really sad for the rest of the girls. Blame it on having such great heroines.. though that's what I love about TWGOK.
I'm especially heartbroken for Tenri.. and also Dokurou a.k.a Nikaido. In a way they had the most hardships for 10 long years.
The way I see it Tenri also fell in love with Keima before any conquest attempt. There's just no rules in falling in love I guess.
All things said the closure was quite weak.. but this was a great masterpiece nonetheless.
Feb 6, 2015 9:10 PM
Jan 2013
loneywizard said:
genesic123 said:

I am just trying to enjoy every fuckin thing i read instead of crying over it...And even bashing other people for it...You may hate Chihiro,maybe last chapters were too rushed but those doesnt give you right to keep spouting endless insults...You are the very image of a generic youtube commenter,anytime someone disagrees with you start insulting until he gets bored and leaves you alone:Best way of discussion EVER...

Now go away,stop insulting me just because i said your channel suck,your channel suck and you are the very image of everything i hate about Youtube but its not your fault,maybe,i guess,or something like that...

No I wont go away.

The chihiro shippers are the first fanbase to directly ruin a manga.

And untill Wakaki shows regret or makes a new series with the intention of adressing this trash logic,
I will keep this up.

Feb 22, 2015 2:48 PM
Aug 2014
Wish we had an elsie ending, really would've been satisfying after chapter 103
Feb 22, 2015 3:24 PM

Jan 2014
OhHaiThar said:
Wish we had an elsie ending, really would've been satisfying after chapter 103
what an elsie ending means?Keima going out with Elsie?Lol,no way...We already got an Elsie ending as sister...
Feb 24, 2015 7:01 PM
Nov 2013
No! No Tenri x Keima ending. Well beggars can't be choosers. It was overal a good manga. Hopefully the rest of the chapters will be animated so I can suffer again :p
Feb 25, 2015 2:42 AM

Mar 2012
genesic123 said:
loneywizard said:

No I wont go away.

And untill Wakaki shows regret or makes a new series with the intention of adressing this trash logic,
I will keep this up.
Ah angry shipper throwing logic out of their ass.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 28, 2015 10:01 PM
Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
genesic123 said:

No I wont go away.

I will keep this up.

I made a lot of posts regarding Satyr,Elsie ,Keima and Chihiro etc.

I actually talked about what went wrong based on events in the manga.

Care to learn to read instead of resorting ad-homenim at first try?

Feb 28, 2015 10:08 PM

Mar 2012
genesic123 said:
NeoAnkara said:

I've made countless post in this thread about how event lead the way it is now. If you are currious just check it out yourself.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 1, 2015 6:16 AM
Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
genesic123 said:

I've made countless post in this thread about how event lead the way it is now. If you are currious just check it out yourself.

No you didn't.you can't play that card against me.

I even have a rant on it on youtube

Mar 1, 2015 6:38 AM

Jan 2014
lmao that guy made my day again...ty generic123
Mar 1, 2015 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
Oh great youtuber, Why it isn't surprising?
Mar 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
A bit rushed but the ending was satisfying to say the least. Keima ended up with the non-goddess girl -- Chihiro -- which is very fitting. Well after what he did to her, Chihiro desreved the prize. And the more important thing is Keima was honest to his feelings this time although it wasn't explicitly shown.
Mar 18, 2015 9:27 PM
Jan 2013
Impala said:
A bit rushed but the ending was satisfying to say the least. Keima ended up with the non-goddess girl -- Chihiro -- which is very fitting. Well after what he did to her, Chihiro desreved the prize. And the more important thing is Keima was honest to his feelings this time although it wasn't explicitly shown.

Bs

Keima is even worse as an otaku now.

Chihiro was a mistake.

It undermined the theme of the entire manga.

The chihro ship should stay dead with TWGOK

Mar 18, 2015 10:04 PM

Jan 2014
butthurt is strong with this one..."I hate that X girl so everyone must hate her or they have shit taste"...Flawless logic man...*Slow clap

NeoAnkara said:
Oh great youtuber, Why it isn't surprising?
Mar 18, 2015 10:16 PM

Jun 2014
Not sure if he was serious, looking at his fave characters.
Mar 18, 2015 11:22 PM

Jan 2014
blessofcurse said:
that guy is a part-time troll, part-time youtuber...I didnt know that Middle Earth has internet connection but apparently they have access to youtube..
LoneWizzyMar 24, 2015 4:30 AM
Mar 24, 2015 3:11 AM
Jan 2013
loneywizard said:
blessofcurse said:
that guy is a part-time troll, part-time youtuber...I didnt know that Middle Eart has internet connection but apparently they have access to youtube..

Oh come on I went on and on about the plot and what happened in the story.

And just cause I like Chihiro doesn't mean I wanted Chihiro to end up with Keima.

I supposedly am from "Middle East" (which I'm not)so what I say about TWGOK must be wrong? Using Racial logic?Even animals have more dignity than you when it comes to reasoning.
genesic123Mar 24, 2015 3:17 AM

Mar 24, 2015 4:34 AM

Jan 2014
lol,MiddleEarth, not Middle East...and why would being or not being from Middle East would be an insult?

and dont BS me,you said countless times that you hate Chihiro and Chihiro shippers...

Now im not sure anymore if you are troll or simply stupid...
LoneWizzyMar 24, 2015 4:37 AM
Mar 24, 2015 6:51 AM

Jun 2013
Any chance the rest of the manga got anime adaptations? Or at least some important parts in the manga which were left out got OVAs or something?
Mar 24, 2015 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
Impala said:
Any chance the rest of the manga got anime adaptations? Or at least some important parts in the manga which were left out got OVAs or something?

The anime doesn't fully cover the manga. Some of the heroine's (shogi player, middle schooler, crossdresser girl etc) conquest didn't appear, just a recap. Goodess arc was the last arc.
Mar 24, 2015 9:32 AM

Jan 2014
blessofcurse said:
Impala said:

The anime doesn't fully cover the manga. Some of the heroine's (shogi player, middle schooler, crossdresser girl etc) conquest didn't appear, just a recap. Goodess arc was the last arc.
And?He is asking if "the rest of the manga" will get adaptation...
Mar 24, 2015 7:39 PM

Jun 2014
ooops.. zero chance
Mar 29, 2015 3:01 AM
Jan 2013
@loneywizard

You joke is now more meaningless.

No,Your fandoms hype ruined her character and turned her into a single plot point that DESTOYED whatever plot point and character development the manga ever had.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The World God Only Knows Chapter 53 Discussion

Nayah - Jul 4, 2009

27 by YN_ON »»
Apr 21, 6:38 AM

» I'm a bit disappointed.(Spoiler alert!!!!!)

Jaaku_na_Neko - Nov 13, 2023

8 by rycestealer »»
Mar 20, 1:43 AM

Poll: » The World God Only Knows Chapter 1 Discussion

Faust721 - May 18, 2008

28 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 17, 9:25 AM

» Similar Manga?

Juto1 - Sep 6, 2023

2 by joji-oueru »»
Sep 6, 2023 7:42 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Chapter 101 Discussion

deadfisheyes - Jun 7, 2010

35 by robal15 »»
Jun 29, 2023 4:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.