Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 13, 2009 8:03 AM

Mar 2008
Well, I might as well wanna ask everyone as of how exactly you discovered and met the pairing we've come to love right now!

Actually, before I tried following Saki, I looked for the pairs first so that I could be ready on which pairs I would support there, while waiting for their interaction to come.

I found akayuki's blog to have a screenshot of the HisaMiho encounter. The "Girl Meets Girl" one! ^_^

The moment I saw HisaMiho, I immediately took interest on the pair. I'd say, I love it by the way how the two appear and look compatible when you put them together side by side. And I saw the episode 11 scene screenshot there and looks like it was so tense. LOL! Oh and I haven't followed Saki back then yet. I started following I think on episode 13.

Well... I'm sure I wasn't the only one influenced or (perhaps to say it better) guided by akayuki's blog. I do know a few people there who were enlightened by her blog and followed HisaMiho all the way.

And that's how I discovered the Saki pairing I love the most! ^_^ *bows* XDDD

P.S.
I hope akayuki will join our club soon. I know she has an account here and I invited her already. We're just waiting for the response. ^_^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 14, 2009 10:08 AM

Jan 2008
Haha, I watched Saki from ep 1, to be honest, I watched it cause it had Kana Ueda voicing Saki. Hisa then interested me cause she looked a little like Nao from My-HiME / Mai Otome and was voiced by Shizuka Itou. xD (Nodoka being voiced by Ami Koshimizu was also a good reason for me, since I had gotten to like her voice again after playing persona 4 and fav char of it was voiced by Ami, (Yukiko).. sorry off-topic xD)

At first, I thought it was all just gonna be within the group of five people and only they would well, get really a lot of focus (wow, was I wrong). Mihoko then showed up for the first time but didn't interest me too much (yet) because... it was just a new group, which I thought wouldn't get much focus anyway. (I actually liked Touko, who seemed to going to play an antagonist role, better at that point, just because of her ~desu wa! and OHOHO laugh)

Anyway, went a little off topic again. But Hisa pretty much became the most interesting character for me because her abilities were still a mystery to me but she seemed so smart or well, how do you say it, "a notch above the rest" so I only got more curious to who Hisa was and all, and I actually thought Hisa was definitely gonna end up with Mako, because well, I didn't know about that Hisa x Mihoko relationship.

But then, Mihoko started to play and TOTALLY took my interest when she opened her second eye. I began to think like, she's so awesome~ ♥
Then I only looked even more forward to Hisa, being the captain of Kiyosumi and all; and then I saw Mihoko's reaction upon recognizing Hisa and I was like O.O; Kya~ ♥ seems like it was going to be interesting and it only added up when I watched episode 12 and ever since then I've been a sucker for Mihoko x Hisa moments. XD

BUT... a little off topic here or even (um.. not good? xD), but in anyway,
when I watched ep 12, I did actually think of Hisa x Hajime, (although obviously, HisaMiho got like 100000% the priority)... xD Hajime's reactions on Hisa were cute and I think even SHE fits better with Hisa than Mako! RAWR. xD
Sep 15, 2009 6:28 AM

Mar 2008
@Tsunamu:

LOL Don't worry if you usually get off topic! It's better to let go of a few personal things while you're at it. It's not like we are that strict in what to post. Just have fun posting! xD

If Hisa reminded you of Nao, Mihoko reminded me of Shizuru. And akayuki also pointed that out. That was my first step towards discovering the HisaMiho pairing. After that I discovered a post about their encounter and boy was it full of tension just from watching the screenshot. And of course! *makes a snap with fingers* The bait of Hisa and Mihoko was strong enough to lure me into following Saki. (I was like a fish that got caught right away) Actually I'm not the type to watch ongoing series. But looks like I've changed myself right now!

Well it was very nice of them to consider focusing on other characters as well. It was one of the charms of Saki that almost no other sport-related anime have. (since most of those focus more on the main team only)

Actually I thought that HisaMiho pair won't be possible since they're from separate schools and Mihoko's story is something the Saki staff won't bother later. But actually they did! And so I was more excited and craving for more HisaMiho interactions.

Episode 19's scene where Mihoko congratulated Hisa then turned back and walked away in a still, classic-style, panned frame, and episode 20's "But I have already begun walking a different path" from Mihoko actually scared me a lot! Episode 19's scene was depicting that Mihoko could finally get over with Hisa.

Thankfully Hisa was able to remember Mihoko on episode 21. It would have been possibly the end for us once Mihoko decides to fully move on. And just this episode 23, Hisa is beginning to take interest on Mihoko.
BlueZSep 15, 2009 6:44 AM
Sep 15, 2009 7:44 AM

Jan 2008
XD, I will do so then, thank you XD.

Yeah, well, props to the manga-artist to keep the others in, it was really "new" for me. As you said, most focus on only the main team + 1 rival to an extent, but not usually to this extent so it was really yummy.

What I wonder is though, what made Hisa get DQed in their past, and also, were they from the same school that time? Seeing how their clothes looked relatively the same except that Hisa's skirt and tie were longer than Mihoko's and Hisa had her sleeves stroked up. xD (So why didn't Hisa join Kazekoshi~?)

Yeah episode 20 totally mixed me up, when Mihoko was thinking to herself about Hisa when she had to face her was so cute, and Hisa's stare and all. It made me go kyaa~ ♥ especially when Mihoko started to blush when Hisa said "watashi no tonari ne?" (beside me/next to me, right?) xD

Mihoko's feelings for Hisa continued to show and me only happier AND THEN SUDDENLY what she said, "demo watashitachi wa mou... chigau michi aruite dakara," or basically, "but we're already... walking different paths" I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO-- just when Hisa remembered you too!!! BUT Mihoko's resolve easily got raped, when Hisa actually said she remembered Mihoko ♥ seeing Mihoko's teary eyes and blush when Hisa said they would be seeing each other again and all XD

ah I just rewatched it too, so nice~
Sep 15, 2009 10:23 PM

Mar 2008
@Tsunamu:

You're welcome!

You're right! I really admired how they didn't just focus everything to the main ones like how it commonly happens in other sports animes. That's why this series has kept everything interesting with a vast cast of characters without being left out later on. It's even more possible right now that Kazekoshi won't be left out most now since they've got Mihoko for the nationals individual tournament and Hisa will likely get closer with Mihoko sooner.

That's why someone should bring up a question about Hisa's past. (about her disqualification and the sudden change of her surname) The question will probably be asked by the person who knew about her in the past. *poke pokes Mihoko* Kyaa~♥

And no I don't think Hisa and Mihoko were in the same middle school since after all, they have the same year level. And my point is that every year levels have different uniform style. Although the uniforms does seem to be similar.

Hisa didn't go to Kazekoshi because that time, her family doesn't have enough money to pay for the tuition. Though Hisa DID mention that she was to go study there. It was just so unlucky for her. But anyways because Hisa went to a different school from Mihoko is the reason why the pair's story became a lot more interesting to me.

Hehe you mean episode 21? Episode 20 was the swimming pool episode. Their stare-at-each-other moment was really holding my breath until one of them gets to say something. The atmosphere was definitely intense for me. XD That HisaMiho-centric episode definitely made me all go squeal KYAAAAAAAAAAA~♥ The preview of episode 20 already gave out a lot that's why I could't wait for episode 21 to come, back then.

Mihoko's blush was really cute, when she got told by Hisa that she'd be sitting next to her! Her expressions towards Hisa is really convincing and heart-melting plus add the seiyuu factor! A definite WIN! (^o^)/

I knew it there was something wrong with the translation! I knew I heard "Watashitachi" and not just "watashi". I guess the translator got it wrong somehow. But luckily Hisa suddenly went to Mihoko's path by remembering her so Mihoko was not able to continue moving on. And LOL at your "BUT Mihoko's resolve easily got raped" XDDDDD Can't almost stop laughing!

I rewatched that scene for how many times but I re-watched the whole episode for 5 times I think.
BlueZSep 16, 2009 9:22 PM
Sep 16, 2009 12:49 PM

Jan 2008
Ahahaha... oops, I meant episode 21 indeed ^^;
And XD I soooooo was like that too. Couldn't stop smiling and squealing and and XD

Yeah, everyone kept in, though the school I'm most curious about how they're going to "stick around" is Tsuruga, other than the talks like this. Since they were a not-known school and neither got the luck to pass to the Nationals... (though there's something I'm still wondering about but.. I'll reveal that later XD)

I know Kazekoshi, or at least, Mihoko won't be left out cause she'll just be yummy-ing it up with Hisa XD. It's destined and meant to be! XD
Ah, you're right about the year-changes, it usually changes on ribbon or so, at least a color that indicates a senpai from a kouhai, I believe. At least, on the girls from what I've seen in Anime. I haven't ever gone to an actual school, so I can't 100% confirm this. xD
It's just their uniforms looked kinda similar, so I wondered. Since there are variants to a well, some things. Like not wearing the vest or wearing a longer skirt and all. xD

Really? Wow, I must fail as a Hisa fan T.T; I can't remember that Hisa said she was to study in Kazekoshi originally or that she couldn't pay the tuition. Ah, wait, nevermind it was in episode 5 during the training camp (yes, I rewatched).

But yeah, as you said, if Hisa went to Kazekoshi, there'd be no Mahjong club at Kiyosumi so Saki would be called HisaMiho and it'd feature many many yummy Hisa x Mihoko moments and so on XD~
Yes, Mihoko definitely needs to ask Hisa about her change of surname and disqualification! ♥

I think it might have something to do with her family though, and probably partially the reason why she couldn't go to Kazekoshi that year.

Oh right, the thing I mentioned at first--the thing I was wondering about. We all know Hisa is smart and thinks ahead, so for some reason, I think that Hisa might have 'given' it to Saki and will surprise them somehow.

See, Hisa knows Fujita-pro personally and all well, so why would Hisa be so close with Fujita, right? I think this was mentioned in one of the posts, so I was thinking; could it possibly be that Hisa is actually on National/pro-level herself already, or something like that. I don't know about the rules, but maybe Hisa will be able to play during the Nationals.

Under the name of ...Ueno-san. xD (I can always keep my hopes up, right? XD)
Sep 16, 2009 9:21 PM

Mar 2008
Ah... Just remembering that day when I was about to watch episode 21 and after episode 21. I was like what? Smiling, laughing, giggling and shouting for joy. HisaMiho makes my days very much!

Tsuruga definitely is endangered in getting a screen time on the next season since, they've got nothing to do with the plot anymore. But if the Saki production staff will realize that the team is one of the interests of the show, maybe they find one way or another. You see just how interesting their characters are! Also it's possible that Yumi will be shown in her college days, (at the end of second season) and now going out with Momo. Hehe!

Mihoko will definitely remain as one of the characters with most screen time along with Kiyosumi! (and definitely given more time with Hisa~) Don't you think that the other Kazekoshi team members might not tag along there? If I remember correctly, Nodoka was alone in going to the middle school individual tournament back in her time. But setting her experience aside, Kazekoshi are composed of rich students and possibly will be able to pay those traveling expenses to watch Mihoko's battle.

You're right that somehow, the uniforms are somewhat similar but I think they're not from the same school. But if you consider Ryuumonbuchi, they do have different types of uniforms despite being on the same year level, so yeah maybe if we consider this kind of thing, then it's possible that Mihoko might have been schoolmates with Hisa and only met during the tournament.

LOL! You're a member of Hisa Takei Fanclub and Mihoko Fukuji Fanclub too right? Heheh! Well same here! I guess you made them two into one when you joined here. XD

If Hisa would've went to Kazekoshi there'd be no story to tell except all the yummylicious HisaMiho scenes. But actually one factor that made me interested in this pair compared to the other pairings is because they're from different schools. That's why I loved what is happening now.

I do think that Hisa was somehow in an average level when it comes to wealth and so, maybe if that probable family problems she encountered before didn't happen, Hisa could've gone to Kazekoshi and then wouldn't have changed her family name.

Geez... Just thinking about Mihoko waiting for Hisa for 3 long years makes me wanna cry. That part of her touched me sooooo much! And then if you saw Mihoko's expression the time she rushed towards the arena to warn Bundou of Hisa's play style, it was full of yearnings. It as just so sad to see. But now I'm very happy for Mihoko! She has the chance now!

So you mean it's like there might be surprise chances for the people who didn't make it up to the nationals? That's possible and I would have to agree. The reason that only 3 people are entitled there might be so that people there will do their best. And remember that I think the rules there were changed so that they'll be able to find the most special players.

But if you think about it, Hisa did her best so it's not like she purposely gave Saki that chance. But who knows? If Hisa will surprise us with that kind of announcement. Plus why would she invite Ryuumonbuchi and Tsuruga as well in their joint training camp then? But I would likely think that it's because it's the final episode and that's it.

Maybe that's why Hisa wasn't interested at the individual national tournament because she already experienced it herself or possibly an open tournament with lots of pros! And her reason for wanting to win the recent individuals was maybe because of Mihoko and wanting to battle her again in the nationals individuals division. Saki might be the reason too but maybe it's because she heard SakiNodo's conversation. XD

Let's see if what you said will come true!

And it would be great if she'd be under the name "Ueno" if those theories will be granted true! For Mihoko it would be "The Comeback of Ueno-san"! And yeah we could always dream what we want too! Just be sure not to get disappointed. XD

If Hisa will join an open tournament, I want her outfit to be different! Like somewhat similar to the "Ueno-san" we've seen in the flashback! (with that creepy, and somehow a delinquent look) Mihoko would definitely be reminded of the past much more! XD
Sep 17, 2009 6:28 AM

Jan 2008
Ah... Just remembering that day when I was about to watch episode 21 and after episode 21. I was like what? Smiling, laughing, giggling and shouting for joy. HisaMiho makes my days very much!

Quote for life! XD

I agree about Tsuruga, the only ones that really do get focus are really Momoko and Yumi, so they should stick around somehow. Unless they completely get wiped out in the individuals and just remain "friends". xD

I wonder about all the Kazekoshi members, I think Kana might keep tagging along with Mihoko, just because there are Mihoko x Kana supporters (ew, Kana can go with Yoshitsume) so I hope she(Yoshitsume, or whatever her name was) tags along for Kana so Mihoko has way more time with Hisa~ XD

So you mean it's like there might be surprise chances for the people who didn't make it up to the nationals?

And yes, it's exactly what I meant. Probably indeed another tournament, kind of like "wild-cards" or something similar, it's usually something like that, you know? Then again, why would a country prefecture do something like that unless, it's a challenge to everyone that didn't pass, so there'll be a lot of random names, lol.

About Hisa, she didn't do her best until the final two matches (versus Saki and Mihoko) but before that, she wasn't playing like that. Though Mihoko did rev up Hisa some during their match in ep 21, XD.

And also as you said, it might just be it, that Hisa wasn't interested in individuals because indeed, her ability or what she already had been through. I mean, she's never once been really shocked by others their play-styles and things like that, in fact, concerning Nodoka and Saki, she totally "trained" them and calmly dealt with them. So far the only one that's really shocked Hisa is Mihoko because she remembered her.

Haha, yeah, imagine a secret open-tournament taking place for the wild-card and Hisa winning that or something, so then suddenly she shows up "Ueno-style" and facing Mihoko, Saki, and Nodoka in the finals with Saki and Nodoka never realizing and Mihoko desperately searching for Hisa and wondering if the Ueno Hisa is really THAT Hisa or not and Hisa never being able to be found until the final round and then~~ XD

Let's see, Ryuumonbuchi and Tsuruga probably because they caught Hisa's eye; but as you said, I can't think of any actual ties between Tsuruga and Kiyosumi yet. Ryuumonbuchi has Touka-Nodocchi, Koromo-Saki/Nodocchi, Hajime-Hisa (kind of, I still find Hajime's expression when she said that Hisa was "interesting" cute)

But yeah, we'll have to wait on the mangaka or a second season for that, the return of Ueno-san and more importantly: MORE HisaMiho XDDDD
Sep 17, 2009 8:04 PM

Mar 2008
It's really hard to come up with a good excuse to have Tsuruga around the sequel. Though I wish the creators could come up with a more creative way in maintaining them in the series.

Well maybe Kana or rather all her team mates will support her. Imagine a cheering squad readied for her in her matches. Hisa will surely get surprised of the sudden cheers and noises around the cinema(?). LOL I'm sure Hisa will get to see Mihoko's match soon.

Also, it really looks like Yoshitome Miharu has a thing for Kana. This new type of revelation might be a part of a plot to have Kana not to get lonely once Mihoko gets to graduate or even prioritizes Hisa more than her from now on. They're cute as a couple too. Miharu might be just as gentle and kind as Mihoko. But of course Mihoko's kindness level reaches over 9000. XD

Remember that the rules this time are aiming to extract the most gifted players? I have heard this reason of implementing those kind of rules was to create a really powerful team? Remember the 5 top scorers were shown on the overall score board. Then this team will be composed of (in order) Mihoko, Nodoka, Saki, Hisa and Kazue. There might be a hidden plot to that though.

Well indeed Hisa only got truly serious in the individuals was really because of Mihoko. Kyaa~ They just added Saki up as an additional reason since she heard Saki and Nodoka's conversation. XD

And by the looks of what you said, it's like Hisa has already witnessed a whole lot stronger mahjong players since she wasn't that kind of surprised to the abilities of other players within their tournament level.

After Hisa will graduate, she could also be a possible Coach for the Kiyosumi team.
Then Mihoko at Kazekoshi's side. Another form of rivalry is then formed eh? But I don't know how serious they would be on their college life, so maybe after they graduate college then? It would be nice to see Hisa and Mihoko joining open tournaments together. ^_^

OMG! Hisa suddenly showing up as a surprise opponent definitely looks delicious for me! YES OH YES PLEASE!! (Hopefully ^_^')

Oh yes Hisa made Hajime cute on that particular scene! And I hope this onsen and joint training camp will finally create ties between Kiyosumi and Tsuruga. That's also for the sake of their screentime for the second season!

Definitely YES for more HisaMiho!! I just hope it won't take much long in waiting for the mangaka and creating a second season though. My inner HisaMiho beast is starting to run wild. XD
Sep 19, 2009 12:57 PM

Jan 2008
Closest link so far I can think of is:
Yumi - Saki/Koromo/Kana (considering their last match in the team tournament).and also Momo - Nodoka/Saki/Hisa (as people that raped her stealth, though Hisa didn't seem to do it obviously)

Also, it really looks like Yoshitome Miharu has a thing for Kana.

I sure hope so! Miharu x Kana is all good for me, Mihoko and Hisa is DESTINY! There is no escaping it! It's the way it should be! Mako can forever have unrequited love or just lose out to Mihoko or get the "best friend, but never lovers" role at best!
Miharu is indeed kind, but nowhere as kind as Mihoko. xD

Remember that the rules this time are aiming to extract the most gifted players?

It seemed to get out the demons such as indeed, Kazue (hint of her image was seen when it was explained about this... I forgot what ep though T.T), Saki, Teru, Koromo...
(LOL DOES THAT MEAN MIHOKO AND HISA ARE DEMONS? XD. Gentle Demon and Trickster Demon?)
Also Fujita-pro mentions 3 "demons" West-Tokyo's Miyanaga Teru, Kagoshima's Jindai ( a girl with pig tails... and no last name...?! ) & Amae Koromo.
But I thought that was in team only... maybe individual too, I don't know.

Well indeed Hisa only got truly serious in the individuals was really because of Mihoko. Kyaa~ They just added Saki up as an additional reason since she heard Saki and Nodoka's conversation. XD

Totally right, rewatching ep 23 just now totally reconfirmed it. They first showed Mihoko's moment and then SakiNodoka's, so Saki's was just the little extra push Hisa needed, though majority was set by Mihoko XD~~~

And by the looks of what you said, it's like Hisa has already witnessed a whole lot stronger mahjong players since she wasn't that kind of surprised to the abilities of other players within their tournament level.

I know right? Even when Saki went on with 3 kans and then finished off with a rinshan kaihou, Hisa's expression are continuously like: "Ah, she's totally overdoing it" or "Yes, we're gonna win" but never "omg, wow, she can do that!" xD

About the Coach thing, them as Coaches I think might be a little too young for that, since they'd only be graduates, and as far as I know, the Coach is similar to a Club Advisor in this case... so I suppose they'd have to be a teacher in that case, I suppose xD

Definitely YES for more HisaMiho!! I just hope it won't take much long in waiting for the mangaka and creating a second season though. My inner HisaMiho beast is starting to run wild. XD

<3~~~ XDDDD
Sep 23, 2009 11:15 PM
Jul 2009
So there i was merrily watching Saki thinking it was a great show, liking all of our kiyosumi protagonists, and then they started introducing people from other schools... I was completely blindsided! Out of no where there are so many more awesome characters, including one by the name of Mihoko. er... really i don't remember episode numbers or particular scenes, Hisa x Mihoko is just awesome and it just happened to me sometime while I was watching it. and episode 24 (which i just watched...) <3<3<3
Dec 26, 2009 1:10 PM

Dec 2009
Well, I love watching new animes when I don't have nothing better to do, so, looking in a list of various animes, I found Saki, and it sounded interesting, so I started to watch it, and actually finished it in 2 days xP

I didn't know anything about the characters or else, but then I realize there were a lot of kind-of-yuri pairings, but the one I like more was Hisa x Mihoko.

I love the way Hisa is, and now is my fav character, but Mihoko really peast me off at first. Then, I started to like her more at the final of the anime, because of the kind relationship that has with Hisa, and those awesome mahjong matches!

[Anata no hontō no namae wa zetsubō de aru / / Your real name is desesperation]
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Official Member Cards (get one here) :3 ( 1 2 3 )

Rusette - Oct 13, 2009

103 by -Karoshi- »»
Dec 24, 2013 2:31 PM

» Did anyone notice?

AristocraticRose - Jul 1, 2012

0 by AristocraticRose »»
Jul 1, 2012 2:37 PM

Sticky: » Suggestions to improve the look of our club.

BlueZ - Sep 16, 2009

6 by BlueZ »»
Feb 23, 2010 5:46 PM

» Saki Episode 21 avi version

Rusette - Oct 13, 2009

1 by BlueZ »»
Nov 19, 2009 8:22 PM

» Song?

Rusette - Oct 15, 2009

2 by BlueZ »»
Nov 18, 2009 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.