Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Sep 13, 2009 6:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 644
This whole controversial issue started from the latest story development of Kannagi. Apparently, one of the new character in the manga turned out to be the former lover" of Nagi. The problematic content doesn't really say more than that, but some people started to discuss how far Nagi could have gone with this guy, and hence, the theory of "Nagi is not a virgin."

I myself, wasn't following the latest chapter, so can't say if this is convincing argument or not, but I have to say, this is an interesting development (no, not the story but the situation). I mean, this is one of the most popular series this season. At the same time, one of the show that's using the charm of the character to sell the show. So, if such an issue like above arises, it could be quite devestating blow to the sale. From the looks of it, "boyfriend" part looks pretty solid. I'm not sure what the editors of the manga thinking, cuz it is obvious that many fans of the series would be compelled by this type of development (unless this development was to trick the readers;;;). Especially after a great start of the anime, why let this story develop right now? Let's face it. Guys don't want their fantasy idol to have a "lover" let alone "lost virginity". Another problem seems to be the fact that this new character is apparently not so likable. (Also, it seems like the main character was started to develop feelings for Nagi) I also am having a bit of an issue with this problem. Nagi is supposed to be "God". She always was protrayed as god, and yet, suddenly, such a human like development.... You go tell all the AMG fans that Belldandy is actually not a virgin, AMG sales will drop more than 50%, I tell you. Anyways, it will be interesting to see the dvd sale after this (also the TV ratings).

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/15/cuckolded-otaku-desecrates-kannagi-over-virginity-issue/

http://animediet.net/commentary/on-kannagi-and-virginity

 
#2
Jun 13, 2010 9:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 396
mimiron12 said:
This whole controversial issue started from the latest story development of Kannagi. Apparently, one of the new character in the manga turned out to be the former lover" of Nagi. The problematic content doesn't really say more than that, but some people started to discuss how far Nagi could have gone with this guy, and hence, the theory of "Nagi is not a virgin."

I myself, wasn't following the latest chapter, so can't say if this is convincing argument or not, but I have to say, this is an interesting development (no, not the story but the situation). I mean, this is one of the most popular series this season. At the same time, one of the show that's using the charm of the character to sell the show. So, if such an issue like above arises, it could be quite devestating blow to the sale. From the looks of it, "boyfriend" part looks pretty solid. I'm not sure what the editors of the manga thinking, cuz it is obvious that many fans of the series would be compelled by this type of development (unless this development was to trick the readers;;;). Especially after a great start of the anime, why let this story develop right now? Let's face it. Guys don't want their fantasy idol to have a "lover" let alone "lost virginity". Another problem seems to be the fact that this new character is apparently not so likable. (Also, it seems like the main character was started to develop feelings for Nagi) I also am having a bit of an issue with this problem. Nagi is supposed to be "God". She always was protrayed as god, and yet, suddenly, such a human like development.... You go tell all the AMG fans that Belldandy is actually not a virgin, AMG sales will drop more than 50%, I tell you. Anyways, it will be interesting to see the dvd sale after this (also the TV ratings).

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/15/cuckolded-otaku-desecrates-kannagi-over-virginity-issue/

http://animediet.net/commentary/on-kannagi-and-virginity



Even though I'm not a die hard Otaku, I can still understand them, its mostly because the otakus are all virgins and they felt like their dating the character and wanted a girl that was "pure" so when they find out the character was not a virgin, they became infuriated, I'm speaking this from my POV because I am also a virgin and I understand how they feel, but I think if I lost my virginnity, I wouldn't really mind that chapter.
 
#3
Jan 7, 2012 10:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 329
Good God people. Saying that Nagi isn't a virgin because it is alluded to that she had a boyfriend is like saying that someone is a virgin because they've never had a boyfriend. Life (and manga) doesn't always work that way. For all we know maybe she isn't a virgin. If she's lived for centuries then mayhaps Ozuma wasn't even her first! AMG was mentioned. Keiichi and Belldandy have been lovers for how long? Have they even KISSED yet in the manga? So much for the lovers = sex stereotype! This is a work a fiction. At least wait until ALL of the details are out before you rage! Also, if this is all it takes to "break your little otaku hearts" then I'd steer clear of manga like Living Game and Bitter Virgin. They'd smash your "otaku heart" to pieces, bury it and spit on it's grave.

Note: This wasn't necessarily aimed at the 2 users above. This is instead aimed at all of those obsessed otaku who are ever eager to valiantly jump to the defence of fictional pure maidens on forums everywhere and then an hour later get their rocks off reading doujin where said pure maiden gets raped, literally, to death but that's okay because it's not cannon.
 
#4
Jan 7, 2012 11:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
Quintessence said:
Good God people. Saying that Nagi isn't a virgin because it is alluded to that she had a boyfriend is like saying that someone is a virgin because they've never had a boyfriend. Life (and manga) doesn't always work that way. For all we know maybe she isn't a virgin. If she's lived for centuries then mayhaps Ozuma wasn't even her first! AMG was mentioned. Keiichi and Belldandy have been lovers for how long? Have they even KISSED yet in the manga? So much for the lovers = sex stereotype! This is a work a fiction. At least wait until ALL of the details are out before you rage! Also, if this is all it takes to "break your little otaku hearts" then I'd steer clear of manga like Living Game and Bitter Virgin. They'd smash your "otaku heart" to pieces, bury it and spit on it's grave.

Note: This wasn't necessarily aimed at the 2 users above. This is instead aimed at all of those obsessed otaku who are ever eager to valiantly jump to the defence of fictional pure maidens on forums everywhere and then an hour later get their rocks off reading doujin where said pure maiden gets raped, literally, to death but that's okay because it's not cannon.
This is OLD OLD OLD news. That said, Nagi is a protective deity of the city and in a maybe not so literal sense she is the mother of everyone in that city. I think discussing the virginity of deities is rather pointless, most of them were indeed not virgins.

 
#5
Jan 30, 2012 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 151
Quintessence said:
Good God people. Saying that Nagi isn't a virgin because it is alluded to that she had a boyfriend is like saying that someone is a virgin because they've never had a boyfriend. Life (and manga) doesn't always work that way. For all we know maybe she isn't a virgin. If she's lived for centuries then mayhaps Ozuma wasn't even her first! AMG was mentioned. Keiichi and Belldandy have been lovers for how long? Have they even KISSED yet in the manga? So much for the lovers = sex stereotype! This is a work a fiction. At least wait until ALL of the details are out before you rage! Also, if this is all it takes to "break your little otaku hearts" then I'd steer clear of manga like Living Game and Bitter Virgin. They'd smash your "otaku heart" to pieces, bury it and spit on it's grave.

Who is this Ozuma you mentioned? Is he a manga character or have I somewhat missed his appearance in the anime..?.
 
#6
Jul 19, 2013 3:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Oh how I wish people wouldn't put spoilers in the title of their threads so I don't happen to see something that ruins the show for me when I was just looking for the ep 1 discussion thread.

I'm going to have to slam my head into a wall to force amnesia and rewatch this series when I wake up from my coma years from now.
 
#7
Mar 31, 2014 3:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 283
hyptocalus said:
Who is this Ozuma you mentioned? Is he a manga character or have I somewhat missed his appearance in the anime..?.


Appears in Chapter 36. Leon-Gun is right, though. Pretty much throughout the anime and manga, Kannagi hammers in the idea that, while gods may *act* like humans, they physically aren't humans. Their human form or possession of a human is no more than you and your clothes.
 
Top