Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Harem vs reverse harem


#1
Apr 16, 2014 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 578
Which do you prefer and why :3
 
#2
Apr 16, 2014 11:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 29045
Harem because I'm a straight male.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
 
#3
Apr 16, 2014 11:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 15459
reverse harem because i'm in its intended target group..
 
#4
Apr 16, 2014 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 444
The girl is much better in reverse harem though~
 
#5
Apr 16, 2014 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 29045
MotRin said:
The girl is much better in reverse harem though~
calling bollocks
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
 
#6
Apr 16, 2014 11:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 19338
Reverse harem, because I haven't seen as many and haven't been jaded and/or pissed off yet.

Plus I typically like shoujo romance better than shounen romance. The "comedic" physical and mental abuse can get a little stale at times.



Also, shoujo female characters are much more attractive than female shounen characters.
Modified by Red_Keys, Apr 16, 2014 11:26 AM
 
#7
Apr 16, 2014 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 14605
Neither, I have read/watched my fair share of both and disdain both. There really isn't one that is "better" since they both share the same flaws (repetitive/plotless/overused archetypes/etc.).

I have a problem with harems in general though, I don't find the same jokes made 1000+ times funny, so don't see them as a good comedy, and a romance requires romance, which only like .01% of harems actually have, so I personally see no reason in pursuing them.
 
#8
Apr 16, 2014 11:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3543
Reverse harem, when it doesn't include a useless/boring mc like Yui from Diabolik Lovers.
 
#9
Apr 16, 2014 11:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4319
Harem because no one wants a sausagefest and be surrounded by a bunch of dudes. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

http://stupidcupidblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/seinfeld.gif
 
Apr 16, 2014 11:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 179
Korrvo said:
Harem because I'm a straight male.
This, though they both usually suck
 
Apr 16, 2014 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1140
Both r fine cause they can happen in real life

Fact:
best girls of the school usually being chased by bunch of boys
a king / powrful person in the past has more than 1 wife

As long as you are handsome/pretty, rich, special of something, there will always be a harem waiting for you.
Or you just need to care about the plants and let Momo Deviluke do the job
 
Apr 16, 2014 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 1525
I voted harem only because I have never watched a reverse harem before.
MAL: A community where everyone acts like every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7 or above.
 
Apr 16, 2014 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 16285
reverse harem because i feel more in tune with this genre compared to the average male anime watcher than i do with normal harem

i can always fap to the feMC
 
Apr 16, 2014 2:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 31084
Red_Keys said:
Reverse harem, because I haven't seen as many and haven't been jaded and/or pissed off yet.

Plus I typically like shoujo romance better than shounen romance. The "comedic" physical and mental abuse can get a little stale at times.



Also, shoujo female characters are much more attractive than female shounen characters.


More or less this. Though reverse harems can also get very annoying, they don't annoy me as much either. Probably because I'm NOT part of the intended target audience. At least I don't get the feeling "Oh god, people think I'm the kind of person who'd enjoy THAT based on my sex(ual orientation)? Great image I have there. SMH."

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though
 
Apr 16, 2014 4:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2808
I'm gonna go with harem cause the only reverse harem I've seen was a terrible pile of shit.

Both genres are terrible though.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
 
Apr 16, 2014 4:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2088
Why not both?
I dont mind either.
Amnesia , for instance , was just fine for me.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
 
Apr 16, 2014 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 13761
Even though the demographic of reverse-harems is girls, I'd rather watch a regular harem. To sum that up....To Love Ru>Diabolik Lovers
 
Apr 16, 2014 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 3050
Like many postcount++ers in this thread, standard harems have more appeal to me in the eye candy and wish fulfillment departments. But I wouldn't turn down a reverse harem show based on that category alone. Fruits Basket and Ouran HS Host Club are among my favorites, and some of the Yuu Watase titles like Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres are pretty good, too. After all, those shows' treatment of guys isn't as sexualizing/demeaning/degrading/whatever as the average harem anime can be to women.
"You're encouraging the idea of personal gain without paying a price, working hard, or expending effort? Have you no shame? When you refuse to make sacrifices, others end up making them for you!" -- Medaka Kurokami
 
Apr 16, 2014 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 444
Korrvo said:
MotRin said:
The girl is much better in reverse harem though~
calling bollocks

Nah I don't want girls to fawn over me for no reason.
Havn't seen a harem that is as good as Saiunkoku Monogatari so I'm still going with reverse harem.
 
Apr 16, 2014 5:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 46804
Both are shit/mediocre, but at least I enjoy reverse harems. You know, you should change up the poll a bit. Like
- Reverse harem (I'm into guys)
- Reverse harem (I'm into girls)
vice versa with harem.

MEanimaniac1 said:
Even though the demographic of reverse-harems is girls, I'd rather watch a regular harem. To sum that up....To Love Ru>Diabolik Lovers

That's not how you do it. Take the worst male harem (I'm not sure which since I don't watch that many) and compare it with something even worse than Dialovers, like Arcana Famiglia or Starry Sky.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!
 
Apr 16, 2014 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 606
Honestly I think it depends on the show. I'm female but I have watched Harems which I absolutely love. I've watched Harems that I absolutely could not stand. I've watched Reversed Harem that were a lot of fun I've watched some ...brother's conflict for example..that no matter HOW nicely drawn the guys are, I can just feel my braincells while trying to watching it.
 
Apr 16, 2014 6:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3312
mayukachan said:
MEanimaniac1 said:
Even though the demographic of reverse-harems is girls, I'd rather watch a regular harem. To sum that up....To Love Ru>Diabolik Lovers

That's not how you do it. Take the worst male harem (I'm not sure which since I don't watch that many) and compare it with something even worse than Dialovers, like Arcana Famiglia or Starry Sky.
...Infinite Stratos?
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
 
Apr 16, 2014 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 486
Harems tend to have stupid drama, characters, and plot; so I tend to avoid them.

Reverse Harems r like the complete opposite of that though.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 
Apr 16, 2014 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 444
MEanimaniac1 said:
Even though the demographic of reverse-harems is girls, I'd rather watch a regular harem. To sum that up....To Love Ru>Diabolik Lovers

To Love Ru is like the best harem out there. And it still can't compare to Saiunkoku Monogatari.
You can't compare the best of this to the worst of that and say one is better.
 
Apr 16, 2014 7:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 48
well reverse harem i guess, but usually the plot is all over the place and the character development is the worst
"Anime make you cry so hard you gotta pause the video cause your tears in the way of you reading the subtitles"
 
Apr 16, 2014 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5251
Zalis said:
Like many postcount++ers in this thread, standard harems have more appeal to me in the eye candy and wish fulfillment departments. But I wouldn't turn down a reverse harem show based on that category alone. Fruits Basket and Ouran HS Host Club are among my favorites, and some of the Yuu Watase titles like Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres are pretty good, too. After all, those shows' treatment of guys isn't as sexualizing/demeaning/degrading/whatever as the average harem anime can be to women.


the funny thing is, i watched Ceres and Fushigi around when they came out. So being ignorant i had no idea they were reverse. Still don't since I haven't rewatched them, but i guess it must have instilled in me a love of reverse lol
 
Apr 16, 2014 8:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
Harems because I'm a straight male(though if there was a reverse harem full of traps or with art like Tsukumo Gou then I might reconsider) and they have Sekirei and Isekai Sekishi no Monogatari.
 
Apr 16, 2014 9:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 2161
I don't like either but if I had to choose, harem > reverse harem...because the heroines of most reverse harems are boring/bland as shit.
 
Apr 16, 2014 10:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 52
Shocked said:
Which one has one girl being chased by other girls? I pick that.

YES! Yuri Harem all the way
 
Apr 16, 2014 11:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 371
draps1337 said:
Shocked said:
Which one has one girl being chased by other girls? I pick that.

YES! Yuri Harem all the way
This needs to happen. Something good and has ecchi.
 
Apr 17, 2014 4:50 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1772
REVERSE HAREM = LOTS OF IKEMEN BISHIES HOTTIES GREAT SEIYUU <3
 
Apr 17, 2014 9:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2697
Harems. I liked a few reverse harems too but I usually avoid them because of bishie overload.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
 
Apr 17, 2014 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 505
I like either depending how it's done, the specific show, characters, etc.

I guess I will prefer reverse harems. The fanservice is more what I like, although I can't take them seriously most of the time (OTT cheesiness, all the boys being too flirty all the time, etc) The one I really love is UtaPri (and KamiAsobi from this season looks promising)

For harems, I like them when I like the characters and any relationship and the comedy. I think my favourite one is NouCome. I could ignore the fanservice because it was hilarious and I loved the characters and the story it had.
 
Apr 30, 2014 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 121
Reverse Harem - when it's not retarded innocence like Kimi ni Todoke(Don't get me wrong, I love Kimi ni Todoke) and it doesn't involve with a plain, bland main character whom everybody falls in love with for no apparent reason other than she's kind.
Ouran Highschool Host Club was hilarious.

Harem - when the main character isn't somewhat as dense as a fucking neutron star.
Sugisaki Ken from Seitokai no Ichizon is an example.
Araragi Koyomi from Bakemonogatari as well, as he gets a girlfriend early on.

But as I am male, generally, I'd go with harem.


Hikigaya Hachiman said:
Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many.
 
Apr 30, 2014 4:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14151
None. I prefer a one on one romance, harems just get in the way.
 
Apr 30, 2014 8:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 22623
draps1337 said:
YES! Yuri Harem all the way

I used to also think this way....but it's not necessary.

You see a Harem (By default) IS a Yuri Harem as well.

You think all these girls are just going to idly wait around for their turn?

Fuck no.

And if I'm the MC, you better believe these girls will be playing both sides of the field.
 
Apr 30, 2014 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1140
JustALEX said:
draps1337 said:
YES! Yuri Harem all the way

I used to also think this way....but it's not necessary.

You see a Harem (By default) IS a Yuri Harem as well.

You think all these girls are just going to idly wait around for their turn?

Fuck no.

And if I'm the MC, you better believe these girls will be playing both sides of the field.


yeah, before u bang 2 girls, u would like them to fuck each other first
 
Apr 30, 2014 9:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 272
Not a fan of either but if I had to decide I would say reverse harem is slightly better for me. I think Shoujo > Harem and reverse harems are decently close to shoujo.

Either way the MC will annoy me at times because I dislike oblivious/indecisive mcs expecially when it comes to romance. For the most part the harem genre thrives on these indecisive mcs. At least in shoujo the girl usually decides if there is a choice.

Finally i dislike stupid amounts of fanservice especially when the fanservice adds nothing to the story. I would prefer if the fanservice was the story like in kill la kill.
But that's just one opinion.
 
Apr 30, 2014 9:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 493
Show-wise, reverse.
Personally speaking, if I were to have one, a regular harem would be superb.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
 
Apr 30, 2014 9:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 34073
Harem because reverse harems are too much of a sausage fest

 
Apr 30, 2014 9:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2107
I tend to find the larger majority of reverse-harem anime to be better written than harem, so I will stick with reverse harem.
 
Apr 30, 2014 9:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 5251
MAL is loaded with men? so i've heard.
why would they vote reverse harem? makes no sense
 
Apr 30, 2014 10:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 26478
daintybiscuit said:
MAL is loaded with men? so i've heard.
why would they vote reverse harem? makes no sense
This is why.

romagia said:
reverse harem because i feel more in tune with this genre compared to the average male anime watcher than i do with normal harem

i can always fap to the feMC
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Red_Keys said:
Reverse harem, because I haven't seen as many and haven't been jaded and/or pissed off yet.

Plus I typically like shoujo romance better than shounen romance. The "comedic" physical and mental abuse can get a little stale at times.



Also, shoujo female characters are much more attractive than female shounen characters.


More or less this. Though reverse harems can also get very annoying, they don't annoy me as much either. Probably because I'm NOT part of the intended target audience. At least I don't get the feeling "Oh god, people think I'm the kind of person who'd enjoy THAT based on my sex(ual orientation)? Great image I have there. SMH."
Zalis said:
Like many postcount++ers in this thread, standard harems have more appeal to me in the eye candy and wish fulfillment departments. But I wouldn't turn down a reverse harem show based on that category alone. Fruits Basket and Ouran HS Host Club are among my favorites, and some of the Yuu Watase titles like Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres are pretty good, too. After all, those shows' treatment of guys isn't as sexualizing/demeaning/degrading/whatever as the average harem anime can be to women.
OneOpinion said:
Not a fan of either but if I had to decide I would say reverse harem is slightly better for me. I think Shoujo > Harem and reverse harems are decently close to shoujo.

Either way the MC will annoy me at times because I dislike oblivious/indecisive mcs expecially when it comes to romance. For the most part the harem genre thrives on these indecisive mcs. At least in shoujo the girl usually decides if there is a choice.

Finally i dislike stupid amounts of fanservice especially when the fanservice adds nothing to the story. I would prefer if the fanservice was the story like in kill la kill.
 
Jul 21, 5:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
reverse harem i think that is better than harem all harem anime are boring with full of naked and stuped girls without interesting story between reverse harem and harem have alot of differens revese harem have interesting story and i think revese harem have more fans than harem
 
Jul 21, 5:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1389
As a straight male, I definitely prefer harem.
My Wife is a Demon Queen
 
Jul 21, 5:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 175
As a lesbian woman I tend to prefer harem with cute girls over revers harem.
Modified by AnimeFeminist, Jul 21, 5:55 AM
 
Jul 21, 5:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 34
Korrvo said:
Harem because I'm a straight male.

THIS........thirty characters limit.
 
Jul 21, 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 2779
Ok so hear me out here, harems where everyone is the same gender.



#StopWakameAbuse
 
Jul 21, 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 15271
I don't like any type of harem, to be honest.

 
Jul 21, 6:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1207
Reverse harem cause I'm a straight girl but I'm watching School Days out of mere curiosity
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »