Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 26, 2009 2:33 AM
Mar 2008
OMG it's gonna be so great to see these fillers.
Dec 25, 2009 5:22 PM

Sep 2008
Boa is tsunderemoe.
Feb 27, 2010 2:23 AM

Mar 2007

WHOLE EPISODE was worth it just for that one frame :)
I wouldn't mind hiding under Boa Hancock for a while. Wouldn't be easier if the snake ate luffy? Wouldn't have been as funny but it would make a little more sense considering the size of the snake. Maybe it would have been just as funny.

I'm sure the Impel Down arc is going to be epic and everything but what the hell?!?! 3 of the big arcs have been jailbreak arcs (G-8 Prison Island, Water 7, and now Impel Down)? I'm sensing a trend :(
RanivusFeb 27, 2010 2:39 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Feb 27, 2010 3:14 AM

Apr 2009
G-8 was a filler arc.
Water 7 was an prison ?? they just saved her from the marines..

Impel down is not about saving a person btw...
Apr 19, 2010 5:14 AM

Oct 2008
I can't wait till Luffy gets to Impel Down.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 19, 2010 7:41 AM

May 2008
haha that was nice

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 5, 2010 6:25 PM

Mar 2008
I think someone is in Love!
May 25, 2010 11:12 AM

Feb 2009
I'm worried about my health... excitement overdose!

This episode had hilarious moments! Luffy you sly bastard!
Aug 25, 2010 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
Boa has it bad, and war is inevitable, well if Luffy was ever gonna make a name for himself on an even bigger stage this would be it.
Aug 26, 2010 7:23 AM

Feb 2010
tigerz said:
one piece was pretty epic then. now when a new episode comes out it's like meh
I feel the same, I'm looking forward to Impel Down arc, I feel it's gonna get epic again.
Smasher said:
Also, Luffy is one lucky bastard...
It's getting almost erotic. I wonder if this was actually in the manga or is it just anime fan-service???
Dec 21, 2010 6:14 AM

Oct 2009
LOVE IS A HURRICANE! LMAO i burst out laughing XD
Man...Luffy's got some crazy luck in him, Boa's so cute ( ^o^)

Now time for the rest of the crew, hopefully it be good too :)
Apr 17, 2011 12:52 AM

Jul 2007
I really found this whole "sickness" thing with boa hancock really far fetched. I mean honestly that seem to over dramatized. I really though a fatal illness was upon here. But to find out that it was just LOVE? That was a little awkward to me.

In any case, luffy finally leaves amazon lilly and is heading towards impel down.

I have to admit though this is the like first relationship or anything that has to do with love, that i have seen in this show. I wonder if luffy's and hancocks relationship will strengthen or is it just a silly dream of hancocks that will never come to fruition. Only time will tell. :p

I really lookforward to the cover pages of the straw hat crew members where abouts. I wonder where they landed. I believe kuma has motives behind everyone. Though i haven't really seen luffy's yet. Maybe it was to test his haki powers?, or perhaps a fatted meeting with hancock. Who knows.
ArtimesGamerApr 17, 2011 12:57 AM

Apr 17, 2011 3:38 AM

Apr 2009
link9us said:
But to find out that it was just LOVE? That was a little awkward to me.

this is called 'Humor"
smokesApr 17, 2011 8:18 AM
Apr 17, 2011 4:32 AM

Jul 2007
smokes said:
G-8 was a filler arc.
Water 7 was an prison ?? they just saved her from the marines..

Impel down is not about saving a person btw...

yes it is. Ace is down there. Luffy needs to get to the prison to rescue ace. Don't make thing complicated.

May 19, 2011 1:27 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty good stuff and I find the Hancock "sickness" thing to be kind of amusing...though it would be nice if this actually went somewhere. But, I doubt it will unfortunately. And, I wonder what's up with the Ace and Garp conversation...I doubt they are just catching up on old times.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2011 8:07 PM

May 2010
Hilarious episode! haha Didn't expect the "sickness" to be love sickness LOL Now we have a love interest for the first time for Luffy haha
The story is starting to unfold and its starting to get intense! Would like to see more fights! :-D
Sep 24, 2011 6:28 PM

Mar 2008
Boa Hancock <3 <3 <3

wonder what the whole straw hat crew would think / what kind of faces they'd make if they'd know the whole story with luffy+hancock and that hancock is in love with him ^_^

i really really liked the whole luffy-bancock stuff, i really hope she wont be just one of the characters which they'll never show again, i really hope we see her quite often or at least from time to time
or luffy + bancock? : P
gogo ^_^

i also liked the whole luffy-robin stuff in enies lobby xD
ahhhhhh ._.

i really wish bancock would join the straw hat crew : P not just for a few episodes, but for the whole time !
unfortunately thats not gonna happen

i'll miss her : ( really great character !

boa bancock <3 : P
RomeoSep 25, 2011 3:27 AM
Oct 15, 2011 6:01 AM

Oct 2011
Boa needs luffy's man parts inserted to heal her. GO luffy!!
Jan 13, 2012 7:40 AM

Jan 2010
LOL! Luffy has the best of luck!
Feb 3, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
LOL i thought it was love then a fatal sickness to find out, nope, it's just love
the way boa kicked that seal and kitten was just hilarious to me
she's a real character and it's really sweet what she's doing
Feb 8, 2012 7:29 PM

Feb 2012
Okay...did anyone else find that Hancock falling in love with Luffy a little...creepy? I mean he's 17 and she's 28-29 I honestly didn't expect it.Plus Luffy has that you know kid like personality so it all just gives the pedo vibe to me haha.
kuzan48Feb 8, 2012 7:32 PM
Feb 8, 2012 8:00 PM

Jun 2011
kuzan48 said:
Okay...did anyone else find that Hancock falling in love with Luffy a little...creepy? I mean he's 17 and she's 28-29 I honestly didn't expect it.Plus Luffy has that you know kid like personality so it all just gives the pedo vibe to me haha.

i dont find it strange.. luffy is a boss he can get any bitches he wants

age cant stop love, hancock sama <33
Feb 9, 2012 8:32 AM

Jan 2012
kuzan48 said:

they're drawing him progressively smaller and smaller too so he literally looks like a little kid next to her
yeah i get what you mean, but what the hell
it's not like she's going to pull a move in the next 10 years anyways, what with not being able to look him in the eye
Apr 11, 2012 5:43 PM
Oct 2011
^
Is it a side effect from the 3rd gear, or the creator just decided to shrink him all of a sudden?
I mean, even the straw hat looks... different...
Apr 11, 2012 6:45 PM

Jan 2012
i think in the manga luffy started off bigger but got smaller as the volumes went on

so the animators are adjusting to that
Apr 29, 2012 6:30 PM

Nov 2011
Luffy is so lucky. The most beautiful woman in the one piece world loves him
Nov 18, 2012 3:37 PM

Mar 2010
LOVE IS A HURRICANE!!!!!! shits getting real.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 24, 2013 4:04 AM

Nov 2012
The Ice Queen has been defrosted.
Aug 22, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
so adorable how hancock fell in love with luffy <3
but really big things are about to happen soon..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2012
Hahahaha poor poor Boa :D
I don't think they match with Luffy but it was funny to watch a woman like her being unable to resist to... Luffy XD XD XD
ACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! (*I am gonna write a lot of "ACEEEEEEEEEEEE"s at the next episodes' forums, be prepared XD)
I am glad we are gonna see other members' whereabouts! I missed them!!!
May 30, 2014 8:37 AM

Oct 2012
Dat deredere mode xD
Oh, poor Margareth

Thing will get more serious from now on
"Signature removed"
Jul 2, 2014 2:40 PM

Feb 2014
LOL, Boa's Love Sickness! This episode was epic! And what is happening with Ace!?

5/5.
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jul 13, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2013
Nice :D
Oct 1, 2014 3:20 PM

Oct 2013
I'm so hyped!!

Oct 2, 2014 10:32 PM

Jan 2014
Hancock in love!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 12, 2015 11:41 PM

Jun 2015
Whitebeard is so badass
Aug 29, 2015 4:33 AM
Sep 2014
Boa Hancock in love with Luffy. Lol.
Jul 3, 2016 1:15 AM

Jun 2015
Pocketasces said:

i dont find it strange.. luffy is a boss he can get any bitches he wants

Oh man ! I laughed so much with this

Anyway, C'mon! my favorite arc and is one of the smaller ones (ㆆ_ㆆ)
FrancosiusJul 3, 2016 1:21 AM
Jul 26, 2016 6:27 AM

Mar 2015
Lovesick Boa I like!

And Luffy has to be the luckiest bastard ever in this episode
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 29, 2016 3:42 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Boa in love what unusual to see

Mar 15, 2017 7:22 PM

May 2014
Ah, love. The greatest sickness of them all.

It's just so hilarious that a woman as ruthless and prideful as Hancock is wrapped around Luffy's little finger...and he doesn't even know it himself!!
I laughed when he wrapped himself around her body tho lol he has no idea what he's doing to her. She's gonna go crazy at this rate!

So Garp went to visit Ace.
That last frame there was pretty godly. Poor Ace ;-;

Also, am I the only person who doesn't take issue with the pacing??
There's so much going on right now that I think half of the stuff would go over my head if the pacing was faster.

Anyways, looks like we're finally getting info on what happened to the rest of the crew. Nami's up first, and it looks like she's on a strange little island with some sort of old hermit??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2018 3:59 PM

Jul 2016
Haha i knew she was in love :p
Feb 15, 2019 6:30 PM

Jun 2016
Wow, that was an awesome episode plot wise, humor wise, and heartwarming wise. The gears are finally turning and it seems that Luffy is willingly going to play a role in a major event of the world. He normally does his own thing and coincidentally runs into the world government or powerful people. He's still doing his own thing here but it seems like what Nyon was saying, he's an ant entering a storm.

So, the Empresses don't understand what love is and over exaggerate when they feel it. Apparently one died from it and I assume Granny Nyon left the island to be with the person she loved. That's cute. I would have liked to see some love between the women on the island but since this is the first genuine time One Piece has introduced love/romance into the story I'll let it slide. That's funny even if I feel like it was a bit of a fake cliff hanger! I wonder the same thing as:
link9us said:
I wonder if luffy's and hancocks relationship will strengthen or is it just a silly dream of hancocks that will never come to fruition. Only time will tell. :p

I can see it going two ways, it could go a complete comedic route, have Luffy not understand that the most beautiful woman in the world loves him and play jokes off of that and her unrequited love, or Oda could pursue the ideas involved with this, maybe even Luffy could start to play with the idea. As it stands now it very much reminds me of Goku and Chichi. Both are basically the same in the relationship dynamic, so maybe after the timeskip

There were two things that really warmed my heart this episode. The first was Luffy telling Margaret and the others about his nakama. He was so happy and excited to talk about them. In this solo journey he was constantly thinking about them and you can tell how much they mean to him, even outside of their travels together. Him joyously telling the girls about them and laughing was like the epitome of him showing his love for them, at least for me. It was so sweet. The second was the send off itself. One Piece being an evermoving journey makes send offs quite frequent but I always think it really masters them. Seeing Luffy leave Amazon Lily or Alabasta gives me Zelda, the Wind Waker vibes in the best way possible. It's sad but also endearing, and happy. You can see how much joy he brought to the land and how he even changed everyones opinions on men. Now he's leaving his new friends so soon, but with promises to come back again one day. To tack something on, I WILL NEVER find Luffy getting people's names wrong not funny. "Snake lady!", "Call her snake princess", "no you can call me Hancock", "okay Hammock"!

Momonga deserves some serious respect. He survived sea king attacks on his own out there waiting to confront a Warlord of the sea after she took out his entire crew like it was nothing. He even stabbed his hand so he could get his job done. He's just as badass as smoker. The way Boa challenged him to search her, something that would most definitely leave him open to a love love beam was super badass too. It made me realize something, super badass villains make you hate them, but seeing Boa act the same way when she's on our side is super likable. That's just the bias I, and maybe people in general have, and I wonder if Oda made that intentional. She did repeat what she did on her introduction, she kicked small animals and talked down a vice admiral.

Luffy hiding in Boa's coat is Sogeking hiding in Robin's jacket all over again, it's great! That said, I had suspected he would learn haki on the way to Impel Down.. I suppose if Boa gets a nice room that Luffy can hide in it can still happen but they're going to have to be sneaky about it. Can Luffy stay hidden for 4 days?!?!!

Lastly, the gears are seriously turning. We got to hear the last unknown Warlord's name, Jimbei, and the fact that he would normally be one to help the government yet there's something here he stands so against that he's willing to lose his title for it in prison. Another question that comes here is how they got him in prison. He seems very interesting. Whitebeard is doing a surprise attack and wiped out all 23 ships that were keeping surveillance on him like it was nothing and thus the World Government is completely in the dark for his attack. And Garp went to visit his grandson Ace in prison.. and he's not looking too good. Garp also visited Sabaody iirc but we didn't see him there, I wonder what he did when he went there.

link9us said:
I really lookforward to the cover pages of the straw hat crew members where abouts. I wonder where they landed. I believe kuma has motives behind everyone. Though i haven't really seen luffy's yet. Maybe it was to test his haki powers?, or perhaps a fatted meeting with hancock. Who knows.
This is a very good point to consider. I too think Kuma sent Luffy here to learn haki so I wonder if each Straw Hat was supposed to learn something integral to their growth wherever they were sent!
Feb 16, 2019 4:19 AM

Nov 2012
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Wow, that was an awesome episode plot wise, humor wise, and heartwarming wise. The gears are finally turning and it seems that Luffy is willingly going to play a role in a major event of the world. He normally does his own thing and coincidentally runs into the world government or powerful people. He's still doing his own thing here but it seems like what Nyon was saying, he's an ant entering a storm.

So, the Empresses don't understand what love is and over exaggerate when they feel it. Apparently one died from it and I assume Granny Nyon left the island to be with the person she loved. That's cute. I would have liked to see some love between the women on the island but since this is the first genuine time One Piece has introduced love/romance into the story I'll let it slide. That's funny even if I feel like it was a bit of a fake cliff hanger! I wonder the same thing as:
link9us said:
I wonder if luffy's and hancocks relationship will strengthen or is it just a silly dream of hancocks that will never come to fruition. Only time will tell. :p

I can see it going two ways, it could go a complete comedic route, have Luffy not understand that the most beautiful woman in the world loves him and play jokes off of that and her unrequited love, or Oda could pursue the ideas involved with this, maybe even Luffy could start to play with the idea. As it stands now it very much reminds me of Goku and Chichi. Both are basically the same in the relationship dynamic, so maybe after the timeskip

There were two things that really warmed my heart this episode. The first was Luffy telling Margaret and the others about his nakama. He was so happy and excited to talk about them. In this solo journey he was constantly thinking about them and you can tell how much they mean to him, even outside of their travels together. Him joyously telling the girls about them and laughing was like the epitome of him showing his love for them, at least for me. It was so sweet. The second was the send off itself. One Piece being an evermoving journey makes send offs quite frequent but I always think it really masters them. Seeing Luffy leave Amazon Lily or Alabasta gives me Zelda, the Wind Waker vibes in the best way possible. It's sad but also endearing, and happy. You can see how much joy he brought to the land and how he even changed everyones opinions on men. Now he's leaving his new friends so soon, but with promises to come back again one day. To tack something on, I WILL NEVER find Luffy getting people's names wrong not funny. "Snake lady!", "Call her snake princess", "no you can call me Hancock", "okay Hammock"!

Momonga deserves some serious respect. He survived sea king attacks on his own out there waiting to confront a Warlord of the sea after she took out his entire crew like it was nothing. He even stabbed his hand so he could get his job done. He's just as badass as smoker. The way Boa challenged him to search her, something that would most definitely leave him open to a love love beam was super badass too. It made me realize something, super badass villains make you hate them, but seeing Boa act the same way when she's on our side is super likable. That's just the bias I, and maybe people in general have, and I wonder if Oda made that intentional. She did repeat what she did on her introduction, she kicked small animals and talked down a vice admiral.

Luffy hiding in Boa's coat is Sogeking hiding in Robin's jacket all over again, it's great! That said, I had suspected he would learn haki on the way to Impel Down.. I suppose if Boa gets a nice room that Luffy can hide in it can still happen but they're going to have to be sneaky about it. Can Luffy stay hidden for 4 days?!?!!

Lastly, the gears are seriously turning. We got to hear the last unknown Warlord's name, Jimbei, and the fact that he would normally be one to help the government yet there's something here he stands so against that he's willing to lose his title for it in prison. Another question that comes here is how they got him in prison. He seems very interesting. Whitebeard is doing a surprise attack and wiped out all 23 ships that were keeping surveillance on him like it was nothing and thus the World Government is completely in the dark for his attack. And Garp went to visit his grandson Ace in prison.. and he's not looking too good. Garp also visited Sabaody iirc but we didn't see him there, I wonder what he did when he went there.

link9us said:
This is a very good point to consider. I too think Kuma sent Luffy here to learn haki so I wonder if each Straw Hat was supposed to learn something integral to their growth wherever they were sent!

First of all nice post as always.

Jinbe was name dropped just before Arlong Park started, by one of Zoro's old companions.
Feb 16, 2019 4:56 AM

Jun 2016
SuperRed said:
Jinbe was name dropped just before Arlong Park started, by one of Zoro's old companions

Interesting.. Do you know where in particular? I would love to go back to see but I know I'll spoil myself if I look too hard. If it's too hard don't worry about it! I also heard people saying that stories about Fisher Tiger were said all the way back then too... Oda is amazing. Thanks by the way!
Feb 16, 2019 5:12 AM

Nov 2012
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
SuperRed said:
Jinbe was name dropped just before Arlong Park started, by one of Zoro's old companions

Interesting.. Do you know where in particular? I would love to go back to see but I know I'll spoil myself if I look too hard. If it's too hard don't worry about it! I also heard people saying that stories about Fisher Tiger were said all the way back then too... Oda is amazing. Thanks by the way!

Episode 31, or Chapter 69 Page 8.
Feb 16, 2019 5:34 AM

Jun 2016
SuperRed said:
Episode 31, or Chapter 69 Page 8.

Wow.... We even saw Sanji's excitement to see mermaids on fishman island back then too. I had no clue. Even talk about the "three great powers". Somehow this entirely escaped my memory. Thank you for getting this to me, it's given me even more appreciation for Oda. I plan on reading through all of One Piece when I'm caught up or decide to change to the manga and that re-experience of it all should be wonderful.

"He let a terrible monster loose in return for joining the Warlords". Potentially he decided to side with the world government to free Arlong, his nakama!??!?! Don't answer that by the way. :)
Aug 12, 2020 1:39 AM

May 2016
Boa Hancock falling in love with Luffy and gladly helping him out as much as she can even at the expense of the regal air around her was a very adorable sight ❤ I'd love to see more of their new bond later into the series.

They're on their way to Impel Down and excitement awaits!

Aug 16, 2020 12:26 AM

Oct 2019
So much hype for the battle between the Whitebeard Pirates and the Navy Headquarters.
I've been getting pretty bored with One Piece lately, but this is really exciting.

--

👏 hyped for 2022 lockdown 👏
👏 all good things come in threes 👏

- - ✽ - -
Aug 20, 2020 4:18 PM

May 2020
So the virus that Boa Hancock has is because she is in love with Luffy?

I was just about to say that One Piece doesn't have any romance at all but this is a bit one sided and Luffy doesn't seem he'd ever be too concerned with romance.

Also the series hasn't had much of a dark side to it and I'm anticipating something major will happen (i.e. Luffy not making it on time to save Ace). But WE NEED TO SEE MORE OF ACE HE'S SUCH A COOL CHARACTER!!! These are just my thoughts however.

I wish someone looked at me the way Hancock looked at Luffy...

It's pretty great for Luffy to have a Warlord as an ally, considering that the Straw Hats have been facing them the entire time. I've really enjoyed this arc!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

10 by HilariousPerson »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
2 hours ago

» One Piece Hindi Dubbed starting May 5th for Indian Audiences

PirateHasan - 2 hours ago

0 by PirateHasan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 367 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Lofoc - Aug 24, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 366 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Miked - Aug 19, 2008

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.