Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 15, 2014 7:54 PM

Mar 2014
Insanity- said:
I'd just go with peach skin. Natural Velvet sounds nice as well, since i'm guessing they mean the color will be velvet. But if you can't tell the difference I'd just go with peach skin.

The two-way silk is comfortable as fuck for a while, then the silk wears and it goes all fuzzy.

den it don't feel as gud
Apr 15, 2014 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
Please buy one... take it out of the packaging and think to yourself...

"what the fuck am I doing?"
Apr 15, 2014 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Cleaned and Unlocked. Please don't derail by introducing other topics or making comments about other users.
rodacApr 15, 2014 9:13 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 18, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2014
I would highly recommend not buying a dakimakura. Anyone who would even think about getting one is a complete idiot and needs to get a life. They are just pillows with pictures on them. Come on.
May 18, 2014 9:37 AM

Nov 2008
Syndrical said:
I would highly recommend not buying a dakimakura. Anyone who would even think about getting one is a complete idiot and needs to get a life. They are just pillows with pictures on them. Come on.

Don't knock it before you try it, you'll feel better the next morning (quite literally in this case).

May 18, 2014 9:40 AM

Jul 2011
Hoppy said:
Syndrical said:

Don't knock it before you try it, you'll feel better the next morning (quite literally in this case).

Look at his signature.
May 18, 2014 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
I'm getting the 2way tricot, i read about all the different types and apparently that one is hands down worth it. So for me i'd rather just pay the 20$ now rather then saving 20$ now and then being like well now i want the high quality one and having to buy an entire second one + the 20$ for 2way.
May 22, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
where do you guys buy your pillows (inside stuff)

ive only gotten them from hobbyheart and they are 60 bucks
May 22, 2014 10:40 AM

Aug 2013
Syndrical said:

I bought my (blank white sheet, no prints) body pillow on Amazon for about 40

It's nice
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
May 22, 2014 9:57 PM
May 2014
Hulmy said:
I have some loose change hanging around in my PayPal with nothing to spend it on, so I have decided to buy a dakimakura. (body pillow for anyone who is unfamiliar)

I was just about to buy one when I noticed there were all these different kinds of materials you can get and I really have no idea what any of it means. Here's a picture. Is there any noticeable difference between the materials, or should I just forget it and get peach skin which costs nothing extra?

I'm aware that a lot of people on MAL hate this kind of thing and wouldn't be caught dead having one, but I figured I should ask anyway just because there's a chance I could get a serious answer.

P.S. No hate posts telling I'm a weeb or something, please.

I think the cheapest but also good quality is soft polyester. I got my daki in this site animedakimakurapillow.com they have custom made cover and the inner pillow is really soft, worth every bucks I spent.
May 22, 2014 10:17 PM
May 2014
Hoppy said:
gravityhappens said:
.... you're that desperate for a cuddle buddy?

Dakimakura have health benefits, they are good for your back.

Definitely agree wih you
May 22, 2014 10:19 PM
Jul 2018
A pillow is a pillow.
May 23, 2014 3:08 AM
May 2009
I just get some old sheets roll them up into the right size, sew them down.
May 30, 2014 10:34 PM
May 2014
Kibura_Iburasa said:
As for...anime pillows? I honestly don't have much to add other than does it matter what material as long as its pillow like?

Yes I differently agree with you, some have a pervert opinion or thoughts when someone say "dakimaku" which is totally insane! I have 3 dakimakuras (bought them in this site http://www.animedakimakurapillow.com) and I can say that they are the most comfy and smooth planet in the world due to their high quality materials. If you are a hardcore anime fan like me, its like a collection at the same time, I just prefer a pillow that could feel at home with my collection and now a boring pillow case.
Jun 5, 2014 9:54 PM
May 2014
I read anime dakimakura pillow unboxing review while watching the anime at the same tim http://www.animedakimakurapillow.com/blogs/news/14337153-unboxing-dakimakura-review-featuring-origami-tobiich-from-date-a-live-dakimakura-pillow this help me decide to get my own dakimakura.
Jun 5, 2014 11:22 PM
Feb 2013
Just get the most expensive one if you're not gonna buy another. Then you could take it with you everywhere you go
Jun 6, 2014 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
(dakimamura)

learn something new everyday... I see
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 7, 2014 3:44 PM

May 2014
They sell them at home goods and furniture stores, but they, unfortunately, don't have anime characters on them.

BTW, who did you want an image of on the pillow?

How do yous do?

Jun 7, 2014 3:45 PM

Nov 2008
gravityhappens said:
My boyfriend has one of these, and he blushes every time i mention it.

That's so cute.

Jun 7, 2014 3:51 PM

Aug 2012
Why does it bother you guys so much that OP wants a Daki?
A pillow doesn't hurt anyone.
Jun 7, 2014 5:16 PM

May 2014
DerpHole said:
gravityhappens said:

Damn, thats.... I dunno ;~;

Twitter | Steam | Heartstone battle tag (Moap #1760) Please no copy pasterino cappucino KAPPA
Jun 7, 2014 6:10 PM
Jan 2013
Thanks for all your help, guys! I'd just like to let you know that I did already buy it and it cost $300+ with postage and handling. $96 for the case and $200+ for the actual pillow. Well worth the money I must say.

Syndrical said:

Anime Dakimakura Pillow.

gravityhappens said:

See? You can have a dakimakura and a real gf at the same time. Body pillows aren't weird at all!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2014 7:13 PM

Aug 2013
Hulmy said:
Thanks for all your help, guys! I'd just like to let you know that I did already buy it and it cost $300+ with postage and handling. $96 for the case and $200+ for the actual pillow. Well worth the money I must say.

Syndrical said:

Anime Dakimakura Pillow.

gravityhappens said:

See? You can have a dakimakura and a real gf at the same time. Body pillows aren't weird at all!

USD? O.O I'm assuming that's the price in another currency?
Jun 7, 2014 7:15 PM

Apr 2014
For anyone thats interested this is my daki that i got from animedakimakurapillow. The case is 2way tri its really soft and so is the pillow but its the cheaper pillow. Its common scents but just click through the pictures at the bottom to find the rest of them.

NSFW

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=fNkd6hpTbcOggKU%2B2RQYC4h4l5k2TGxc#.U5PFfnJdXgw

Btw the wrinkles you see are actually the pillow underneath, the case has no wrinkles at all its pretty dope.
Jun 7, 2014 8:06 PM
Jan 2013
JadeQuetzal said:
Hulmy said:

Anime Dakimakura Pillow.

USD? O.O I'm assuming that's the price in another currency?

Australian dollars.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 9:23 AM

May 2014
If you want something to snuggle with when you're feeling lonely, I know of something that works even better than some silly old pillow: a puppy! Or, if your apartment dosen't allow dogs, you could get a smaller pet like a guinea pig or a rabbit.

How do yous do?

Jun 12, 2014 9:26 AM

Mar 2013
Hulmy said:

Australian dollars.

Is Steve Irwins face on any of your denominations?
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jun 12, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Hulmy said:

Australian dollars.

I finally got myself a dakmikura this week that i've been wanting for months, because it went on sale and they accepted a lower offer on top of that. Though it won't be here for a few weeks. I figured I'd be smart and make my own body pillow of the correct size. I have a white sheet with a hole that I don't need, so I cut it up, and just needed to get the filling. But the price of pillow & doll stuffing is just depressing. It would cost as much to buy the stuffing as to just byy the pillow. So I'm going with the cheaper option, and I'll go by 2 of the smaller body pillows and just sew them together to the right size. They are like 10" too small to begin with. That will only cost $15 total anyway. The cheapest I can find a 60" body pillow is $30, and the stuffing alone would cost about $30.
Apr 27, 2015 12:04 AM

Jan 2013
You can try this Dakimakura Shop ShoukoSS.

Their website actually has great designs unlike many others where you have to sift through the unappealing designs. Downside is the less mainstream designs may not be available.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Apr 27, 2015 12:05 AM

Jun 2014
People actually spend money on this sh**?
May 14, 2015 3:23 PM
May 2015
Anyone know is i can buy and where i can buy a dragonball z ANDROID 18 dakimakura case
May 14, 2015 4:30 PM
Jun 2014
I would like to know how OP's purchase went.
May 14, 2015 4:47 PM

Feb 2014
I remember this thread lol, so fucking cringe
May 14, 2015 4:50 PM

Apr 2013
nothing screams weeaboo more than a dakimakura
Awesama said:
I remember this thread lol, so fucking cringe
May 14, 2015 10:46 PM

Jun 2012
I wouldn't assosciate with the fucking weeb who owns one of them. In my mind it's like they've completely given up on a real relationship, who wants to be involved with such a cynic? That's a self fulfilling prophecy.
Plus, I never saw the mentality behind one of these. Can't you just google your anime girl and then jerk off to it? Why have sex with a pillow? Or am I missing something cos I don't masturbate?
Shoot first, think never.
May 15, 2015 12:22 AM
Feb 2014
Who the fuck wants to pay $100,000 on a cuck pillow that gets them put in Filthy Frank's shitty videos?

Do us all a favor, and don't buy them. Multiculturalism is killing the cuck race!!!!!!
May 15, 2015 12:52 AM
Feb 2013
lmao this thread
Jun 17, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2015
Open-Dice said:
I wouldn't assosciate with the fucking weeb who owns one of them. In my mind it's like they've completely given up on a real relationship, who wants to be involved with such a cynic? That's a self fulfilling prophecy.
Plus, I never saw the mentality behind one of these. Can't you just google your anime girl and then jerk off to it? Why have sex with a pillow? Or am I missing something cos I don't masturbate?

Wtf, just because you buy one of these pillows doesn't mean you have sex with it, lmao. mine is almost here and I just bought it to cuddle with at night because I think it's comfortable. There is no other reason behind it, and no I did not buy a nsfw pillow.
Jun 17, 2015 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
Syndrical said:

I bought the inside for $40 dollars (http://www.ebay.com/itm/291395028201?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) the seller is legit.
Jun 17, 2015 1:45 PM
Dec 2014
j
Jun 17, 2015 1:52 PM

Jun 2014
no don't enter that part of the world!
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 17, 2015 1:57 PM

Jan 2014
Don't do it ;__;
Jun 17, 2015 8:54 PM

Dec 2014
Why the hell would you want to buy one?

If you wanna buy a body pillow buy a normal one.

Honestly though, I've never had a need or want for one. And they don't really help me sleep better. So I don't see a point.
Jun 17, 2015 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
I don't need. It will ruin my weebs life.
Jan 28, 2016 1:24 AM
Nov 2010
I'll just throw this out there: animebabe is a shill (prob works for adp)

Check their reseller ratings reviews, 3 scathing 1 reviews.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Anime_Dakimakura_Pillow

They're all buzzwords all over their site and their (apparently banned) youtube account and fake "bargains", plus they couldn't calibrate a printer to save the world. They went on youtube about how the competition is so bad and how their "unspecified model Japanese Mutoh Printers" are so great, but they never give actual technical details like whether they calibrate properly, or if they use UV resistant dye, etc.

I would suggest bypassing the middleman that is ADP and instead buying off alibaba, given my experience with ADP even if you get screwed on alibaba you're actually getting what you paid for, while you're never gonna get what you paid for with ADP's convoluted pricing schemes!
Jan 28, 2016 1:27 AM

Apr 2013
Great first post, you're off to a wonderful start on MAL.
Jan 28, 2016 1:48 AM

Apr 2014
Why buy one when you can easily make your own.
Mar 3, 2016 8:07 AM
Mar 2016
Well first of all the bought dakimakura's are made of high quality material and if you would be making your own, I don't think you could achieve the same results.
I know this because about few weeks ago i wanted to try one out as well and i ordered it online , came relatively fast and i am still happy.
If interested i bought it from here http://www.waifupillow.com/
Oct 21, 2016 11:47 PM
Oct 2016
Hulmy-chan said:
I have some loose change hanging around in my PayPal with nothing to spend it on, so I have decided to buy a dakimakura. (body pillow for anyone who is unfamiliar)

I was just about to buy one when I noticed there were all these different kinds of materials you can get and I really have no idea what any of it means. Here's a picture. Is there any noticeable difference between the materials, or should I just forget it and get peach skin which costs nothing extra?

I'm aware that a lot of people on MAL hate this kind of thing and wouldn't be caught dead having one, but I figured I should ask anyway just because there's a chance I could get a serious answer.

P.S. No hate posts telling I'm a weeb or something, please.

Have you bought your dakimakura ? Here's my pillow, it's really good, the material is peach skin, even though is the most cheap one, but the quality is really good , smooth but no elasticity

You could buy it from the shop coosfly.com
Nov 15, 2018 11:44 AM
Nov 2018
It may seem creepy to some to own a body pillow (dakimakura) but...
There are a surprising amount of both physical and mental benefits of using a dakimakura correctly.

Most of the benefits of a dakimakura are the same as regular body pillows. Except for the mental benefits.

(some) Physical Health Benefits:

HELPS YOU FALL ASLEEP AND CONTINUE SLEEPING
INCREASES BACK (SPINE) ALIGNMENT
HELPS TO LESSEN SNORING
HELPS MUSCLES TO RELAX
Other…
(some) Mental Health Benefits:

CREATES A MORE COMFORTABLE AND RELAXING ENVIRONMENT
CREATES A FEELING OF SECURITY AND CALMNESS
HELPS TO RELIEVE STRESS
HELPS TO RELIEVE ANGER
Other…
If you want the details, this is where I took my information from:

https://godanimereviews.com/benefits-of-body-pillows-dakimakura-how-to-use/
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

30 by Zarutaku »»
32 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

670 by SynthwaveCrusade »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

99 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

38 by fae »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about online friendship?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 21

42 by fae »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.