Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 125 Discussion

Apr 15, 2014 4:05 PM

lolol he's gonna shoot a heart

Apr 15, 2014 4:07 PM
insan3Spectre said:
The most interesting thing this episode to me was Netero's declaration that "I am thankful for the circumstances that allowed us to meet". This is interesting, because alot of people were killed/severely injured (and in one case possibly driven insane) in this process. I kind of got the feeling in ep 111 that Netero is not quite a totally "good" person and this kind of reinforces that idea. What are other peoples thoughts on this?

Actually, if you think of it, Hunters aren't good people in general. They might or might not have some ethics regarding their nearest circle, or professional ethics, but overall they are a bunch of awfully egoistical pricks, obsessed with some quest or other and VERY high on might makes right. Netero seeks worthy opponent, of course he doesn't give a damn about dead "muggles". He might not approve but on personal importance scale they so far below that it doesn't matter.

That's not to say they aren't awesome, especially as anime characters. :) But good? No.

Apr 15, 2014 4:09 PM
Kami-sama

Netero's nen move: Ultimate Buddha Bitch Slap

Apr 15, 2014 4:25 PM
Spoony Bard

Who else ships Netero x Chimera Ant King?

Hey, it doesn't matter that Netero is some hundred years old, and the King has been around for barely a month...Age is just a number, after all. ;)

Seriously though, great episode. Especially loved Gon and Pitou. But God, they're really milking every moment, aren't they? A 10-minute analysis on barely 20 seconds of conversation. xD

Apr 15, 2014 4:27 PM
Spoony Bard

Dangerr said:
RagingMan said:
Anyone else thought that this was a horrible way to end the episode? http://puu.sh/8aetE.jpg

I thought it was magnificent.

But yeah, excellent ep, aside from the few scenes of re-used footage (and in the case of the beginning of
/ Netero's fight, the third time).

Next ep will be... something to behold.

Sorry to be "that annoying person," but can we please put a spoiler tag on the King's name? It hasn't been revealed yet, and I was pretty disappointed when I found out prematurely myself.

Apr 15, 2014 4:29 PM

Fuaaaarrrrkkk, dat OST and animation. Sorry I doubted you Madhouse, you don't need Mori! Worth the wait, hyped as shit for the net episode as well

Apr 15, 2014 4:34 PM

fishergirl16 said:
Dangerr said:
RagingMan said:
Anyone else thought that this was a horrible way to end the episode? http://puu.sh/8aetE.jpg

But yeah, excellent ep, aside from the few scenes of re-used footage (and in the case of the beginning of

Sorry to be "that annoying person," but can we please put a spoiler tag on the King's name? It hasn't been revealed yet, and I was pretty disappointed when I found out prematurely myself.
The Queen said his name in episode 92 - it's hardly a spoiler. Ten and a half minute mark, if you want me to be specific.

Apr 15, 2014 4:37 PM

Elfster said:
insan3Spectre said:
The most interesting thing this episode to me was Netero's declaration that "I am thankful for the circumstances that allowed us to meet". This is interesting, because alot of people were killed/severely injured (and in one case possibly driven insane) in this process. I kind of got the feeling in ep 111 that Netero is not quite a totally "good" person and this kind of reinforces that idea. What are other peoples thoughts on this?

Actually, if you think of it, Hunters aren't good people in general. They might or might not have some ethics regarding their nearest circle, or professional ethics, but overall they are a bunch of awfully egoistical pricks, obsessed with some quest or other and VERY high on might makes right. Netero seeks worthy opponent, of course he doesn't give a damn about dead "muggles". He might not approve but on personal importance scale they so far below that it doesn't matter.

That's not to say they aren't awesome, especially as anime characters. :) But good? No.

I agree, it's also important to note that the main theme behind this arc is human nature and shows that although the Hunters are the designated protagonists, for the most part, they do commit some questionable acts and starting from next week onward, the theme of human nature is going to be even more recurring from here till the arc's end and it's going to hit people like a ton of bricks

OT: Amazing episode, great animation around the Netero v Meruem fight. I wasn't too happy that they reused the same footage of the beginning of the fight for a 3rd time, but only a minor complaint to a great episode. I love how Gon has developed over this arc and how he's acting now, you don't normally see that with typical shonen protagonists, sure they go through moments like that, but they usually would get over it by now which I don't like as you don't get over your angry that quickly, but not Gon as he's only 12 and it just looks more realistic, especially considering he has a simple understanding of morality which is very black and white

And I saw the title of the next episode, I'm looking forward to how people will react next week
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)

Apr 15, 2014 4:40 PM
Wow, the name of the next chapter. Epic shit' is coming next week.

Apr 15, 2014 4:49 PM

Gon is a badass.

Apr 15, 2014 5:00 PM
netero's nen is like a god or the sun its so dramatic its prtty damn awesome and its so fast the king cant evade or maybe the king being the king an all is jst tanking the hits to show hes supreme if netero loses who cld win i suppose it depends wat the kings ability is i guess but i can only think that only an older master hunter cld help maybe gons dad ^.^

Apr 15, 2014 5:02 PM

Episode was awesome as hell. Yup HxH is without a doubt my favorite shounen. Everything in this episode was top notch. Only problem was the little recap between king and netero but I can let that slide.

Looking forward to see what the King can do.

Apr 15, 2014 5:12 PM

@ fishergirl

The King's name was told to Colt in episode 92, Morel's team was present and because of this Netero knows it. I can't really blame you for forgetting as it's been quite a while.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 15, 2014 5:43 PM

Well, that episode was a doozy.

Great animation in the Netero vs. King fight, it was exhilarating to watch, and the psychological tense scene in the beginning with Gon, Pitou, Knuckle, and Pouf was a fun watch. So great to finally see Netero unleash his real power. I wonder how he’ll fare when the King actually strikes back though, it’s been only him actually doing the moves so far while the King remained on defense.

Like a few other members here, the most interesting thing I found here was Netero himself. His thoughts this episode shed a lot of light on his character and recontextualize many previous situations involving Netero. We see here through his thoughts that Netero was by and large unsatisfied with what he achieved in life. Back in episode 111 we saw how exactly he got to where he is now and how powerful he is, but we were never given insight into the consequences of it for Netero himself. Yes, he’s one of the most powerful humans in the world, but that obviously wasn’t enough for Netero. He dedicated his entire life to becoming stronger, to attaining a higher state of being, and by accomplishing that goal he bored himself for the remainder of his life. He no longer had anything to work towards, because he had hit the metaphorical ceiling due to the limitations of human abilities. There wasn’t anyone to challenge him. In short, Netero could never have the ultimate battle, the thing he desired most, because no one existed to provide it to him. It’s a bit of cruel irony.

That’s why we get the impression here that Netero is enjoying this. He’s enjoying expending his abilities and strength on an opponent whom he knows can stand up to him. However, all this reveals a darker side to Netero’s character than what his first appearance in the series seemed to suggest. The best thing is that looking back, Netero has never actually been a kind, wise old man as his original appearance suggested. For one thing, the Hunter Exam he was in charge of had some extremely questionable components and rules, and yet he didn’t seem to care. When Netero was trying to coax the King into fighting, he didn’t come across as a gentle soul reluctantly resigning to fight- he came across as quite the opposite, complete with a somewhat evil grin. His religious, spiritual side showed itself here despite all that, in how he once again expressed his gratitude that he’s able to have this battle- a callback to his punches of gratitude back in 111.

At the end of the day, Netero is as selfish as anyone else. While there is no doubt that part of his motivation for fighting is to save the human race, it doesn’t seem to be the dominant one, or even a major one at all. That’s yet another parallel between Gon/Pitou and Netero/King. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that in both cases it is the humans that appear to be the more violent and evil ones. In both cases, the humans are fighting for selfish reasons, Gon to get Kite back and Netero to face a strong opponent. It’s not restricted to them either- the other Hunters repeatedly jeopardized the mission for selfish reasons. Selfishness, selfishness everywhere-it feels like the narrative is implying that human nature at its core is selfish. Quite interesting, especially since it provides a contrast with the Royal Guard’s selflessness in serving their King.

This battle is literally a culmination of everything Netero has done in life, a fight against the opponent he’s trained his whole life to face. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)

Apr 15, 2014 5:46 PM

Bad ass Gon in the beginning. Great episode, the real battle has FINALLY begun. Can't wait for next week.

Apr 15, 2014 5:53 PM

Netero is going to use his moe-kawaii-hearto-hearto-cannon to bring love and peace to the world!

Apr 15, 2014 5:56 PM

Dat Last Mission OST

Mind games and great action in one episode?
Hunter x Hunter I love you so much

Apr 15, 2014 5:59 PM

Dat Heart was just so hilarious XD
and Cadis Etrama di Raizel Fanclub

Apr 15, 2014 6:10 PM

Anon1409 said:
How many more episodes will be still dedicated to this arc?

10 more episodes. This arc is gonna end at episode 135.
KaedeKyl9 said:
Nettero + Heart pose = Mahou Ossan

Mahou Ossan Lyrical Netero, bitches.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.

Apr 15, 2014 6:13 PM

Great episode, that heart at the end made me lol.

Apr 15, 2014 6:25 PM

Andan210 said:
KaedeKyl9 said:

Spinoff announced

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-04-16/hunter-x-hunter-netero-spin-off-greenlit

Apr 15, 2014 6:32 PM

fishergirl16 said:
Who else ships Netero x Chimera Ant King?

Excuse me! What?

Apr 15, 2014 6:33 PM

amazing episode loved the ost used during Netero badass fight

i can also feel Gon's fight coming up soon

was not expecting that end pose though lol Netero should quit this hunter stuff and work at a Butler Cafe :P

Apr 15, 2014 6:36 PM

Flume said:
Andan210 said:
KaedeKyl9 said:

Spinoff announced

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-04-16/hunter-x-hunter-netero-spin-off-greenlit

I can't wait for Netero's transformation sequence.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.

Apr 15, 2014 7:24 PM

Haha. Netero with the moe moe kyun pose. Netero is the only one who can make it look so badass, not cute.

Hopefully, we focus properly on Netero vs. King this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 15, 2014 8:19 PM

Why is this so... Perfect
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Apr 15, 2014 8:29 PM

Awesome episode as usual and it looks like things are only going to get better from here on.

Apr 15, 2014 8:53 PM

Frickin' hell the King is persistent.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 15, 2014 8:55 PM
Spoony Bard

Dangerr said:
fishergirl16 said:
Dangerr said:
RagingMan said:

The Queen said his name in episode 92 - it's hardly a spoiler. Ten and a half minute mark, if you want me to be specific.

Sorry, my fault. It's been a while. Thanks for clearing up. :)

Apr 15, 2014 9:27 PM

I LOVE GON. EVEN MORE. And that badass pose at the end with Netero.

Apr 15, 2014 9:46 PM
I just love how they always show the characters thoughts. Makes it so much more intense than just showing all the fighting.

This episode was fantastic. Really good job.

Apr 15, 2014 11:07 PM

Netero was so boss in this episode. The King was able to take on all those attacks from him.
Gon and his rage.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 16, 2014 1:58 AM

It seems the battles can be described as mind games rather than actual nonsense fighting, which btw makes this arc so awesome.I never imagined a narrator playing such an important role and actually taking the whole arc to a different level.

Is Netero gonna give Meruem a piece of his heart?
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.

Apr 16, 2014 2:15 AM

This episode was amazing and epic at the same time,Gon is the boss right now and that quote from Pitou "This one's fangs will deffinetly reach the king!" put some thoughts in my mind.Also the fight Netero vs King was perfect,the animation,the sound daamn!

Apr 16, 2014 2:24 AM
great episode! hopefully when the king and netero get fighting legit all out, netero will use the fact that the king has ZERO fighting experience and smash his face in. the king will probably use superior strength and speed but I hopefully netero gives him a lesson in actual fighting like hand to hand stuff!

Apr 16, 2014 2:34 AM
merro merro merro!

Apr 16, 2014 3:03 AM

<3

Apr 16, 2014 3:17 AM

Shit just got real!

Apr 16, 2014 4:34 AM

DAMN THAT ANIMATION.. WHY MADHOUSE DIDN'T ANIMATE ONE PIECE? DAMN!!

Apr 16, 2014 4:41 AM

Minagatachi said:

He's just stronger...

For you, Nagai Ichiro! [RIP / 2014]
Good idea using this image in the episode.

Apr 16, 2014 4:48 AM

bigzzcobzz said:
Minagatachi said:

He's just stronger...

For you, Nagai Ichiro! [RIP / 2014]
Good idea using this image in the episode.

''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi

Apr 16, 2014 5:44 AM

AstralRadish said:
merro merro merro!

I love you.

Also name of the next episode:

Zero X And X Rose

Shit's about to go down.

Apr 16, 2014 7:14 AM

Goosebumps..

Apr 16, 2014 7:28 AM

Aaaaahhh.. godammit! i loved this episode! I LOVED the classical music on this series AGAAAIN!! somebody forec the manga series to restart......!!!!!!

Apr 16, 2014 7:30 AM

AzurePisces said:
DAMN THAT ANIMATION.. WHY MADHOUSE DIDN'T ANIMATE ONE PIECE? DAMN!!

Daaaaaaamn! that would have been really really REALLY interesting to see!!!!!

Apr 16, 2014 7:33 AM

Who is the one who hated this episode??? 1/5 stars??? really brah???? :"D

Apr 16, 2014 7:36 AM
Awesome episode, though I still think Leorio should have taken part in this act :D

Apr 16, 2014 8:39 AM

Apr 16, 2014 9:00 AM

this episode , was very impressive , especially the last 5 minutes....really enthusiastic

Apr 16, 2014 9:01 AM

Second half was great. Netero is the shit! Can't get enough of him

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store