Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2014 12:38 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Good episode, you can definitely feel the tone getting more serious as it begins to deal with discrimination of the cursed children and how to many promoters, they're only tools and nothing more. Hmm still, I feel that the flow of the episode is a little choppy, but that's probably just me. Right now though I just want to see what happens after the current cliffhanger in the manga :P
Apr 15, 2014 12:38 PM

Dec 2010
Better than the first episode, though the aimless way the police were bullying the girl seemed forced.
Apr 15, 2014 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
Damn i feel sad for the cursed children ._. Every so often you see people trying to kill the different ones because they tend to have obscure powers and/or are stronger which makes people afraid e.g. The police officers. Quite sad to see that the school found out about Enju, surely that must have been because of Hiruko. Why did Enju stay hidden... I don't like that, now I just have a bad feeling that something horrible is going to happen.
Apr 15, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
Too much happened in this episode. Really. And it was kind of predictable.
Anyway, really nice ED, I really like it!
Apr 15, 2014 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
Wow very emotional and deep episode, this is definitely one of my favourite series this season. Can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 15, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2013
That was some legit feels... Enju and Rentarou's past was so sweet damn. The op sounds sooooo similar to unifinished from accel world :$$$$ OST was pretty damn sick too. Also props to rentarou's seiyuu I think his voice really fits rentarou's character and how he speaks
To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.
Apr 15, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2012
Iolo said:
Getting hyped about this series, cant wait for next week's episode.
I am positive that I will be reading the light novel after the anime is finished.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 15, 2014 1:38 PM
Apr 2013
I really enjoyed that episode. Right now this is probably my favorite anime but ofcourse it is early so this is highly likely to change. Will probably be in my top three this season unless this really messes up or something unexpected will be great. However I hope they don't make this runaway thing last to long but guessing from the preview it will not. I get annoyed when pity party episodes last more then an episode and a half.
Apr 15, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
Things I learned from this episode: Rentarou is a pussy
Apr 15, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
Well damn the masked man might be crazy, but he is something else.

I wonder why Enju ran, was it because she was causing problems for him?
Apr 15, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
hmm, is it really just me or are they trying to fit the first arc in 4-5 episodes? o_o
i got the feeling that they cut of a bit too much, rushing trough it compared to the orignal LN o_o

@idungoof
well... wait for the fight scenes... mwahahaha
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 15, 2014 1:56 PM

Dec 2013
What's in the box jokey?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2014 1:59 PM

Jul 2013
YouAreNotSugoi said:
What's in the box jokey?

uhh, the head of the president who was missing during the meeting... i thought it was pretty much clear with the blood coming out... oh well
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 15, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2012
Great episode.

I wasn't expecting things to get so dark, so quick. Founded out a lot things this episode. It's fucked how they do the cursed children. That masked guy is pretty bad ass. Feel sorry for Enju. Wonder who told everyone she was a cc.

Why the hell all the girls 10 years old? Is there only two girls on here that are not lolis?
Apr 15, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
I knew the darker parts were coming, but it's surprisingly well done.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 15, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
Oh shit, this episode was MUCH better than the first one. Way more interesting, plus the darker tone was actually welcome and handled relatively well. Kagetane is also pretty badass. Impressive, really, though I'm still proceeding with some caution here.

Also, anyone else thought of Seven when Kage gave Rentarou the present?
Apr 15, 2014 2:12 PM

May 2013
SweetKotomi said:
Back to Enju, since her secret got leaked out she couldn't stay in school because she would get discriminated for being cursed. How her secret got leaked out is left to speculate but I have a couple theories:
- Someone from Enju's school saw her fight the masked man's girl and they leaked her secret
- One of her classmates got her mad at school and she accidentally showed her red eyes. Cursed children have red eyes when fighting
It's pretty obvious the masked man leaked it to the school somehow. Glad the series got darker. Got pissed at those policeman who shot a little girl. Liking the masked man, seems like he is convinced that what he is doing is right.
idungoof said:
What has he done to gain that insult? Sure he let them take the girl but maybe that's because he didn't want to get in trouble with Enju there. He also realized what he did was wrong and saved her.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Apr 15, 2014 2:13 PM
Jan 2014
I'm confused, how do the cursed children become initaitors? Does the government pick them out of the crowd and train them? Are initiators not suppose to be shown? satomi seemed really freaked when her eyes got red in public, like, if she is a initiator it is okay right?
Apr 15, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
Omfg that's a sad ending for this episode X__X, this show is getting really good !
Apr 15, 2014 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting so far...
I kinda feel like all that hate towards the cursed children from the general population is unjustified and unnecessary. After all, they're the ones protecting them, correct?
It seems like there are some problems within the system itself. That's why the masked man suggested Rentaro to join forces. I Think I'd enjoy it more if he had accepted his offer :D
Apr 15, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2013
Hate those cops....... That girl survived a shot to the head though....
Decim
'Life really is a mysterious thing. Each and every life spins its own, totally separate tale, yet they become intricately entwined in each other. And no one knows how they will end up'

Kazuki Kazami
'If someone lives, they will surely die. That is the absolute rule of this world'
Apr 15, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2012
Really enjoying this. Dem feels xD

Masked man is interesting, i hope he stays that way. He's a fucker telling people she was a cursed child. I think he is just trying to open rentaros eyes to world properly, try and convince him to join him.

Masked is right though, the cursed children are their saviours yet they treat them like shit, even kill one for nothing? i know they aren't dead, but the policeman thought so. Glad the shows taking a darker tone, seem to be a few darker anime coming out this season and next :)

Does anyone know how many episodes this will be?
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 15, 2014 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Y lolis tho
Apr 15, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, things are escalating really quickly, I have high expectations for this anime to be very good.

Its pretty much more darker then the previous episode. The MC's emotions were pretty much spot on in here, and his care for Enju. Can't wait for the next episode.

Apr 15, 2014 2:37 PM

Jan 2013
That was an awesome episode. OST sounds cool as well. Can't wait for next week!
Apr 15, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
Talk about dirty cops. That OP kind of sounded like AOT to me.
Apr 15, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2014
Baku219 said:
idungoof said:
What has he done to gain that insult? Sure he let them take the girl but maybe that's because he didn't want to get in trouble with Enju there. He also realized what he did was wrong and saved her.

I think saying he saved her is a bit of an overstatement on the reality of that. He got there, waited in hiding for 2 cops in an abandoned building to head shot her, continued to wait in hiding until they left, then came out and had a sad. Sure, she was still alive, but I don't think that really deserves classification as having "saved her". I'd classify it as doing your best to wait until she was dead but unfortunately the clingy bitch is going to cut into your living expenses anyway.
Apr 15, 2014 3:01 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah. Much, much better than the first episode. The heavy exposition in the first episode really hurt it.
Apr 15, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2013
the only negative I have about this show so far is the lolis..

anyway good episode I guess.
Apr 15, 2014 3:15 PM

May 2012
2nd episode is very intriguing. And love to see that there are other Promoter/initiators too (and there's a lot!!!). Loli vs Loli... And that masked man is pretty twisted too.

Although I was about to cry when those policemen shoot the girl. Really disturbing.
Apr 15, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep. A lot of stuff went down. Amazed Enju wants to leave him she truly showed she cares for him. Well if they keep this up I may have a new favorite.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 15, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2013
This show just seems too damned forced for me to take seriously. I also think I've watched this "discriminated fantasy people" plotline half a dozen times already, and the fact they are all little girls cheapens the emotion at least for me, since it's an easy way to gain sympathy from the viewer. The villain might turn out interesting but the MC is your typical hotheaded dude.

JivingLotusApr 15, 2014 3:34 PM
Apr 15, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2013
This anime is pretty good when Enju isn't talking! ^^"

I want to learn more about the masked man. He seems like he's one of those "purge the bad guys" type.
Apr 15, 2014 4:05 PM

Nov 2008
Antearion said:
Great episode.

I wasn't expecting things to get so dark, so quick. Founded out a lot things this episode. It's fucked how they do the cursed children. That masked guy is pretty bad ass. Feel sorry for Enju. Wonder who told everyone she was a cc.

Why the hell all the girls 10 years old? Is there only two girls on here that are not lolis?

10 years ago their mothers were all infected when they were pregnant with the girls and survived long enough to bear the children.

One can assume that subsequently women inside of the protected areas have been able to avoid infection (or haven't survived it long enough to bear children) and thus don't have "cursed" children.

So girls over 11 years old that survived the plague/war aren't infected, nor are girls younger than 10
Apr 15, 2014 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Loli..... lolis...... loli.... lolis everywhere.... LOLIS!!!???... LOLI!!!!! OHHH GHAD THE ANIME IS FILLED WITH LOLIS!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! IM GONNA DIE WITH MOE-NES!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDD
Apr 15, 2014 4:16 PM

Dec 2013
Better than the last episode. I hope it continues getting better
Apr 15, 2014 4:23 PM

Apr 2014
dbaranyi said:
Antearion said:
Great episode.

10 years ago their mothers were all infected when they were pregnant with the girls and survived long enough to bear the children.

One can assume that subsequently women inside of the protected areas have been able to avoid infection (or haven't survived it long enough to bear children) and thus don't have "cursed" children.

So girls over 11 years old that survived the plague/war aren't infected, nor are girls younger than 10

The fact there is an explanation for it doesn't change the fact that the explanation is designed to make a world filled with lolis.
Apr 15, 2014 4:24 PM

Jul 2013
Got a little darker this episode.
My god those cops, shooting one of the Cursed Children like that.
I would've shot those cops myself.
Poor Enju.
Would've expected more impact from the scene when the school children and teachers find out that Enju is one of the Cursed Children. Really lacked it.

Other than Enju, Kagetane Hiruko is probably my favourite character right now lol.
Apr 15, 2014 4:24 PM

Jan 2014
Good story, dark and cruel. I like it!
And hey a badass villian?
Apr 15, 2014 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
ugh i hate over-righteous, pompous antagonists. Nice ED though

Apr 15, 2014 4:42 PM

Dec 2010
wonderful epi indeed
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Apr 15, 2014 4:45 PM

Jun 2009
WAtch the elder be Kagetane.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Apr 15, 2014 4:50 PM
Sep 2013
I heard there going through the Ln.
I don't read that but I do read the manga. This pacing is really moving fast and skipped over some parts. They skipped Kisara screen time. Which was like owell. Still a good episode I was hoping for rentarou to open the box like he did in the manga. Still pointed out the fact that Kagatane is not to be messed with. Glad they covered everything with Rentarou and Enju relationship also how badly the cursed children are treated.
Apr 15, 2014 4:56 PM

Sep 2008
A great episode. Much, much better than the first one.

1 thing could've made it perfect. If the girl that got shot in the head died. I am not even joking. Sorry if I sound cruel, but to portrait a dark and cruel world sometimes you must show that not everyone can be saved. A girl getting shot in the head and MC being unable to do anything to save her would certainly add to that.

And the villain. My God, I love that masked guy. He reminds me of some villain I saw before but I just can't remember who it was. All I know is this guy is simply amazing. So far the villain has been more interesting than the protagonist, which is, in all fairness, pretty standard "good guy, mediocre fighter who got involved in big stuff by accidental meeting with villain".

I hope they keep this level of quality in the future.
Apr 15, 2014 5:02 PM

Apr 2014
Somehow i'm really pissed off.
Somehow i hate the police even more.
I hate racism!!!!!!!!!!
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 15, 2014 5:22 PM

Sep 2012
Yeah, I liked the way it played out better in the manga. The artist managed to draw extremely emotional facial expressions. The shooting scene felt a lot more realistic in the manga as well. Also, the pacing went by so fast.

At least it was better than last week's episode. The ending is orgasmic. That is all.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 15, 2014 5:33 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, I wasn't expecting this at all. It's actually really awesome. Since the first episode was so infodumpy and tropey I thought it would continue that way, but this episode was tremendously better.
Apr 15, 2014 5:51 PM

Feb 2014
Japanese Joker OP
Apr 15, 2014 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
Those. Fucking. Cunt. Shit. Cops. Die.

I really like that masked man so far. He seem to have an ideal but use psychotic ways. Remind me of Makishima from Psycho-Pass. I like how straightforwadly explained his ''magnetic shield'' instead of keeping it ''secret''. He doesn't give one fuck. From what I understood from his actions and the fact that he didn't allowed his daughter to kill Enju, he probably plan to eradicate the humanity to only leave the cursed children.

So the Protectors have a ranking classification. Well, that elite guy got owned by masked dude.

We got a bit more background on Initiators and how they live. It really look like their life is an hell. And not every Protectors solve that problem...

We also got some interresting background on Enju. Their relationship hasn't been always bright and no wonder why she workship and love him like god, he's the only one that gave her an home and love.

From the preview, it look like a new faction appear supporting the Gastrea and we see Rentarou along side with what seem to be another Initiator.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 15, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2013
The kid gloves are off. The cops shooting the kid was disturbing and appalling >__<

Enju takes her medicine/shots everyday to stave off virus corruption right? What will happen to the other girls who don't have access to medicine then? Are they going to turn into Gastrea? :o

Was I the only one who got a bit alarmed when the Elder was revealed to be an old man? A part of me was like "wth are you doing to those little girls?!" I think it would have been a gentler scene if it was an old woman *shrugs*

Also that Nagi ED mmm... <3
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.