Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2014 7:37 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
..Whoa this took forever.
But, just like the other "Blue Drop" series, it was a bitter read.
I think something was implied with "Goro" and the kid, but i'm probably retarded 'cause I'm not seeing it.
Also, I think the MC kinda got a bed end lol. 15 years of chasing a shadow can't be considered good, right?
Anywho..6/10
See ya in the next series, peeps!
Apr 14, 2014 7:54 PM

Oct 2013
Overall quite the nice story, but I'm not really fond of the ending. Or rather, I think it ended a bit too early. I think there was enough room to expand it a bit more.

6/10
May 11, 2014 4:05 PM
Jan 2013
@-Kazu

Nah it wasn't with Goro and her kid(Sakura..i?)

Goro was the last link to Kenji for Masaomi who(Though very VERY lightly implied) missed his chance(whatever chance that was that seemed to get a very light implication a couple of times)

The actual Implication in the ending was that Masaomi's sister ended up with Kenji in the end as two women who eloped together.

I don't like the ending either simply because it's far TOO ambiguous. I mean, all it took was 2 more pages where Masaomi gets a postcard from his sister and her 'Wife' who will obviously still look like Kenji since it was obviously said that even though they still have the same lifespan their bodies don't age so as to keep up with multiple childbirths over time. Instead it's a real big Bitter Sweet Maybe...which to me is up there with endings I don't like such as 'No Romantic Resolution'(Like most Harem stories), 'Dump Them All', and 'The Antics Continue' which is normally coupled with 'No Romantic Resolution'.

It's obviously rushed I mean the ending was shoved into 10 pages.
Jan 23, 2016 8:39 PM

May 2014
The last page of the manga

implies the increase in birth rate with so many kids being shown.

And the girl that Chii-neesan eloped with might be Kenji.

My other opinion is that when Kenji says he is not going anywhere might imply he is dead or I'm just overthinking :P

Well, these are just my opinions.
Jun 27, 2017 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
Hmm I thought this manga was quite sad... Although it seems to be a happy ending with all the kids shown at the end.
Feb 10, 2018 11:30 AM
Jun 2016
I hated the ending of this manga.

[SPOILERS]
/
/
/
What kenji did to masaomi in the end was horrible. She tells him thats her heart could fail and she going to the hospital and then leaves without contacting him again. Doesnt let him know she going into the protection program doesnt even let him know that she survived. I understand her desire to start a new life where no one knew her, but at the very least she should have let him know she was alive and well before dissapearing. If I was Masaomi I would have been furious with her when i found out she was fine. Their would have been some heated words when we met again.
Mar 14, 2020 5:38 PM
Jan 2015
Liked the manga, the ending... Meh. So everyone thinks the sister and Kenji eloped? I wasn't sure how to interpret that. Also what was with goro asking if he was ever married and saying good that he wasn't? Overall good story and enjoyable 7.5/10
May 2, 2021 10:12 PM
Oct 2020
At first I was sad about the ending, feeling that Masaomi couldn't move on after all that time. But thinking about it more, I always had questions with the ambiguity of it.

<Spoilers ahead>

Reiji-san said:
Liked the manga, the ending... Meh. So everyone thinks the sister and Kenji eloped? I wasn't sure how to interpret that. Also what was with goro asking if he was ever married and saying good that he wasn't? Overall good story and enjoyable 7.5/10

Speculation ahead. All of this is just what I thought of the ending.

At first I thought them (Kenji and Masaomi's sister) eloping to be the case. But I wasn't sure about it due to the fact that since Masaomi was part of the security group, he should have a clue on what's happening with Kenji, and by extension with his sister, if they actually did elope (I don't know to what extent does Masaomi know about the people under it though, so this is just pure assumption).

Further more, like the quote above, Goro asked him if he was married and she said that it was good that he wasn't. This is very vague, and I don't know what this could exactly mean. It could be Goro asking on somebody else's behalf, like Kenji, as Goro knew she was there. But again, this is just speculation.

When Kenji mentions that she's coming back to the town, Masaomi mentions that his sister isn't there anymore. Kenji says that that's not why she's doing it. She mentions that she likes the taste of the water there, which can arguably not mean much and just be a throwback to chapter 3. Although if Kenji and Masaomi's sister actually did elope, wouldn't Kenji mention her, or even talk about her?

It ends with Kenji saying that Masaomi should visit her, and that she's not going away anymore. Kenji asks something else, but the scene cuts there to the scene of kids.

I might just be reading into it too much. Overall, it was a fine ending. It did leave a bitter taste in my mouth as I prefer happier endings and less open ended endings, but still a decent read.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Balance Policy Chapter 4 Discussion

QuadFlatPack - Jun 27, 2017

0 by QuadFlatPack »»
Jun 27, 2017 3:54 PM

Poll: » Balance Policy Chapter 2 Discussion

QuadFlatPack - Jun 27, 2017

0 by QuadFlatPack »»
Jun 27, 2017 3:44 PM

Poll: » Balance Policy Chapter 1 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - May 4, 2015

0 by Dodecahedron-O24 »»
May 4, 2015 7:26 AM

Poll: » Balance Policy Chapter 5 Discussion

koleare - Aug 9, 2012

2 by dreamingsamurai »»
Nov 22, 2013 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.