Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Post New Reply
Apr 20, 2014 6:35 PM

GuusWayne said:
Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Men shouldn't cry unless in certain situations.
Why?
It displays lack of masculinity and emotional immaturity.
How?

And why is that a bad thing?

Apr 21, 2014 1:21 AM

Crying is just a way to express feelings, there's nothing weak or strong about it.
"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"

Apr 21, 2014 1:49 AM

This question is incredibly subjective. I wouldn't say its a bad thing though, can't really say much more about it.
Live, Laugh, Love.

Apr 21, 2014 3:16 AM

Just finished this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11577/Steins;Gate:_Fuka_Ryouiki_no_D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

I cried for most of it. No regrets.
/人 ‿‿ 人\

Apr 21, 2014 7:58 AM
WillyL said:
Just finished this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/11577/Steins;Gate:_Fuka_Ryouiki_no_D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

I cried for most of it. No regrets.
aaah.. steins;gate. This one got me too.

Apr 21, 2014 8:08 AM

depends...
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

Apr 21, 2014 11:39 AM

Every person in a certain time in their life will cry for many things losing a beloved family member , failure , and there other stuff. I find it important like any emotion we have if you suppress it you will get some psychological issues . I would say a sign of strength .

Apr 21, 2014 11:41 AM

It's neither. being strong or weak has nothing do with crying or not.
Too Old To Die Young

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Apr 21, 2014 11:55 AM

Simply this: "Crying because you care is a different matter. I don't trust people who never cry, no matter what." - Suberoa Zinnerman

Apr 21, 2014 2:57 PM

Crying is just showing emotions...nothing weak or strong about it.
Will sell gamer boi bath water. More in PMs.

Apr 21, 2014 2:59 PM

I saw a video of a Chinese professional weight lifter crying, and he was ripped.

Apr 21, 2014 3:05 PM

Crying is only acceptable at funerals and the grand canyon. Anything beyond that is a weakness.

Apr 21, 2014 3:25 PM

Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Why?
How?

Men are meant to be strong and reliable. How can you be relied on when you don't know how to control your own emotion and lack the ability to suck it up? You're going against your biology in a sense. This feministic society has done a wonderful job at creating men with female traits.
SCARY MONSTER

Apr 21, 2014 3:38 PM

GuusWayne said:
Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Why?
How?

Men are meant to be strong and reliable. How can you be relied on when you don't know how to control your own emotion and lack the ability to suck it up? You're going against your biology in a sense. This feministic society has done a wonderful job at creating men with female traits.

Did you know that in the womb, everyone starts out as a female? It's why males are born with nipples despite having no biological need for them.

That doesn't really have anything to do with this thread or the discussion you two are having, but I get the sense that you're a troglodyte with twisted concepts of what's socially acceptable that are based on unrealistic and contrived fallacies that you've born witness to over the course of your life. So I figured saying something scientific that indirectly calls your reasoning into question might rile you up.

Sorry Keys, feel free to continue.
Nowhere in the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme does it state that Humpty is an egg.
"See you later, space cowboy." -moot 1/23/2015

Apr 21, 2014 3:47 PM

I knew that beforehand and that fact doesn't disturb my argument infact it's suggesting men are superior to women being the next stage in a sense. So it only strengthens my argument about men needing to be strong and reliable. That's how it is in nature, that's how it is for us and will continue to be whether you like it or not.
SCARY MONSTER

Apr 21, 2014 4:08 PM

GuusWayne said:
I knew that beforehand and that fact doesn't disturb my argument infact it's suggesting men are superior to women being the next stage in a sense. So it only strengthens my argument about men needing to be strong and reliable. That's how it is in nature, that's how it is for us and will continue to be whether you like it or not.

Called it.

Apr 21, 2014 4:17 PM

GuusWayne said:

Did you really just say this inane nonsense? FFS, learn some biology. Fetuses don't develop sex characteristics until 6-7 weeks. The reason people say that humans begin as females is because a specific hormone (SRY) has to be released in order for a fetus to start developing male sex characteristics. If the hormone isn't present, the fetus will develop female sex characteristics instead. Human's don't "start out" as female in the sense of the word as you are trying to take it. Or to say this differently: phenotype expression depends on whether or not the given hormone is present at 6-7 weeks. That's it. It is not some random nonsense where female fetuses are turned into male fetuses; therefore, men are superior as you seem toe be keen on pretending without any biological background or basis whatsoever...
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.

Apr 21, 2014 4:28 PM

More importantly, does crying mean the sex was good or bad?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 21, 2014 4:34 PM

BarryManilow said:
More importantly, does crying mean the sex was good or bad?

That's Barry for ya, always asking the important question.

Apr 21, 2014 4:39 PM

Who cares.
I let my emotions take away because I want to and its being honest.
When I want to cry, I cry. When I want to get mad, I get mad. When I'm happy, I let myself be happy, etc.

But after I cry, I switch to 'Alright, crying's done. Now to get shit done!" or something like that if you know what I mean.
I don't let myself stay depressed and turn to the next page.

Apr 22, 2014 12:09 AM

snaphat said:
GuusWayne said:

Did you really just say this inane nonsense? FFS, learn some biology. Fetuses don't develop sex characteristics until 6-7 weeks. The reason people say that humans begin as females is because a specific hormone (SRY) has to be released in order for a fetus to start developing male sex characteristics. If the hormone isn't present, the fetus will develop female sex characteristics instead. Human's don't "start out" as female in the sense of the word as you are trying to take it. Or to say this differently: phenotype expression depends on whether or not the given hormone is present at 6-7 weeks. That's it. It is not some random nonsense where female fetuses are turned into male fetuses; therefore, men are superior as you seem toe be keen on pretending without any biological background or basis whatsoever...
The other guy in his failed attempt at being a smartass tried to label me so I gave the response that was most suited and true. However I myself believe men and women can't be better or worse than the other because they're both different, each have a function the other don't have and I take pride in being a man.
SCARY MONSTER

Apr 22, 2014 12:37 AM
Everyone cries and we all cry for different reasons every time we cry, crying absolutely DOES NOT make men whimpy or "unmanly", and doesn't make anyone a weak crybaby.
*sick guitar solo*

Apr 22, 2014 1:04 AM

Depends on what you're crying for.

I won't lie, I shed a tear or two when watching The Green Mile.

When I attended my grandmother's funeral as a young boy, I also shed tears. She was an important person in my life and I was a growing lad not really in tune with my emotions so that shit just flowed.

If something makes you cry, just get on with it and fuck what anybody else thinks. They're YOUR emotions, they don't belong to anybody but you it's as simple as that.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.

Apr 22, 2014 10:28 AM

GuusWayne said:
The other guy in his failed attempt at being a smartass tried to label me so I gave the response that was most suited and true.However I myself believe men and women can't be better or worse than the other because they're both different, each have a function the other don't have and I take pride in being a man.

Okay, so you just got done saying men are superior to women, you are still saying that assessment is true, yet you are also saying it isn't true now? Way to be inconsistent in a single post...
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.

Apr 27, 2014 8:16 PM

Synklare said:

When I attended my grandmother's funeral as a young boy, I also shed tears. She was an important person in my life and I was a growing lad not really in tune with my emotions so that shit just flowed.

If something makes you cry, just get on with it and fuck what anybody else thinks. They're YOUR emotions, they don't belong to anybody but you it's as simple as that.
Be that as it may, society nowadays judges people harshly for crying; there isn't a person on Earth who wouldn't get annoyed and look down upon a crybaby who bawls for ridiculous and trivial reasons, i.e. spilling their drink. I guess what I'm asking is: Where is the line? Is society in the wrong for judging this hypothetical crybaby, or is the crybaby in the wrong for being so emotionally unstable?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth

Apr 27, 2014 8:22 PM

GuusWayne said:
Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Why?
How?

Men are meant to be strong and reliable.
Why?

Apr 27, 2014 10:09 PM

Link_of_Hyrule said:
Synklare said:

Be that as it may, society nowadays judges people harshly for crying; there isn't a person on Earth who wouldn't get annoyed and look down upon a crybaby who bawls for ridiculous and trivial reasons, i.e. spilling their drink. I guess what I'm asking is: Where is the line? Is society in the wrong for judging this hypothetical crybaby, or is the crybaby in the wrong for being so emotionally unstable?

That's a good question to be fair, I don't personally know where the line is drawn. Crying over spilling a drink is pathetic in my opinion, you had no emotional connection to the drink and it's EASILY replaced. The loss of a loved one however can't be replaced.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.

Apr 28, 2014 12:11 AM

snaphat said:
GuusWayne said:
The other guy in his failed attempt at being a smartass tried to label me so I gave the response that was most suited and true.However I myself believe men and women can't be better or worse than the other because they're both different, each have a function the other don't have and I take pride in being a man.

Okay, so you just got done saying men are superior to women, you are still saying that assessment is true, yet you are also saying it isn't true now? Way to be inconsistent in a single post...
Men do have more superior qualities however, we were never meant to compete in that fashion, we're simply different. Way to have low reading comprehension.
SCARY MONSTER

Apr 29, 2014 6:12 AM

I think crying is a sign of strength. When I see a guy cry, I don't really think that they're being weak or anything, I usually feel sorry for them, and wonder what they've been through in order to get to that state.

With that being said, it annoys me when people cry for no reason. I personally don't cry that often. Only when I'm feeling really sad, and I usually do that in private.

Apr 29, 2014 8:29 AM

BryanBossling said:
Men aren't supposed to cry.

Men cry manly tears. Especially at the end of dramas.

Apr 30, 2014 7:43 AM

I would be pretty concerned if someone didn't cry every now and then.

Apr 30, 2014 1:24 PM

dinesj21 said:
Because not crying isn't a sign all is well and the person isn't a little bitch.
SCARY MONSTER

Apr 30, 2014 6:30 PM

GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:
Because not crying isn't a sign all is well and the person isn't a little bitch.

Calm down. :P I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours.

Apr 30, 2014 6:52 PM

dinesj21 said:
GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:

He acts that way with everyone.

As for the topic.

Crying is not a sign of weakness no more than crying out in pain is. Its a bodily reflex to relieve stress and balance out your chemicals...or something along those lines, it is sciency.

Apr 30, 2014 6:55 PM

Kibura_Iburasa said:
Its a bodily reflex to relieve stress and balance out your chemicals

I know of some other ways to relieve stress and balance out your chemicals IF you know what I mean ~

Apr 30, 2014 7:12 PM

Crying is a reaction to various emotions. Its too complicated to simplify. It doesnt have a specific meaning but it does take more to cry since its hard to show others how you feel. Some people are able to cry more easily just from hormones involved in crying and vice versa being unable to cry. I havent been able to properly cry in years but im not intentionally holding it back.

Apr 30, 2014 7:17 PM

Desperation.

Never felt so lost in my life.

But I try hard not to cry by punching things until I hurt myself and I forget about what I was sad about.... and scream in pain. xD

May 1, 2014 6:09 AM

dinesj21 said:
GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:

And I'm giving my opinion of the flawed logic behind yours which I'm entitled to.
SCARY MONSTER

May 1, 2014 6:11 AM

crying is a sign the person is letting others know they are in distress :L

I love you.

May 1, 2014 6:31 AM

Depends.

May 1, 2014 2:02 PM

GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:
GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:

And I'm giving my opinion of the flawed logic behind yours which I'm entitled to.

I don't care to hear your opinion if you're going to fight with me about mine. I'm not doing that to you. But I won't fight with you like we're two, believe what you'd like.
Modified by dinesj21, May 1, 2014 2:05 PM

May 1, 2014 2:03 PM

I'm not saying it's gay or anything but did Kamina ever cry?

May 1, 2014 2:15 PM

Both.

The fact that men crying has a weak connotation annoys the hell out of me (I know this wasn't included in the post but it's all over this thread). It depends on the situation.

May 1, 2014 2:49 PM

GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:
GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:

There's no flawed logic there though. Can you define a "little bitch"objectively while telling us why it is disadvantageous to be one? Can you tell us objectively how come you know for sure all is well if somebody is not crying? Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not there, just like the opposite.

I could totally show you articles where it explains why crying is beneficial when obviously, crying for normal reasons.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

May 1, 2014 3:06 PM

Strength.
>Argument with someone
>Uses tears
>Wins Argument.
Goes for both men and women

srsly its like a mental smth dat needs to be feels when something hppns then you gain a level and bonus stats.
Whats That? You think my username is Pretty?! Me too!!....... until I found out it was the name of a JAV actress whom I dont even know.

May 1, 2014 3:45 PM

dinesj21 said:
GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:
GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:

I don't care to hear your opinion if you're going to fight with me about mine. I'm not doing that to you. But I won't fight with you like we're two, believe what you'd like.
I don't care what you think of my opinion with your close minded views but you're lying or you wouldn't bother to respond.
Immahnoob said:
GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:
GuusWayne said:
dinesj21 said:

There's no flawed logic there though. Can you define a "little bitch"objectively while telling us why it is disadvantageous to be one? Can you tell us objectively how come you know for sure all is well if somebody is not crying? Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not there, just like the opposite.

I could totally show you articles where it explains why crying is beneficial when obviously, crying for normal reasons.
Crying often makes you a little bitch and it's not to your benefit because it will drive people away from you. Nobody likes an emotional wreck or a crybaby. I never claimed I knew for sure all is well but it doesn't have to mean that person is holding in sadness and being concerned about a happy person for not crying shows the incredible negative worldview of the one who believes he/she is putting on a mask as if it's not possible to be well without faking it. That's what the person I quoted seem to believe and it suggests ironically that the same person might be faking it.
SCARY MONSTER

May 1, 2014 3:49 PM

How did you get that much from a single phrase he said?

Also, there's no objectiveness there, but just to drop that because it's not necessarily a moot point but it kind of nullifies discussion.

Why would you go to such heights to deny facts?

Autocrat said:

May 1, 2014 3:50 PM

Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Red_Keys said:
GuusWayne said:
Why?
How?

Men are meant to be strong and reliable.
Why?
Still waiting for a response.

May 1, 2014 4:00 PM

Immahnoob said:

Also, there's no objectiveness there, but just to drop that because it's not necessarily a moot point but it kind of nullifies discussion.

That's what it ultimately comes down to and my points were all objective, none of them are my opinion or rather they are because they're all true. It comes down to basic sociology. There were no facts in your posts so I don't know what you're talking about.
SCARY MONSTER

May 1, 2014 4:03 PM

GuusWayne said:
Immahnoob said:

That's what it ultimately comes down to and my points were all objective, none of them are my opinion or rather they are because they're all true. It comes down to basic sociology. There were no facts in your posts so I don't know what you're talking about.

Indeed, you're wrong.

Autocrat said:

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »