Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
#1
Apr 14, 2014 5:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 539
Does it take a strong person to show their emotions, or is it only for the weak who can't control them?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
 
#2
Apr 14, 2014 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12193
ITs neither, depends on why you do it.
 
#3
Apr 14, 2014 5:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4713
Men aren't supposed to cry.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
 
#4
Apr 14, 2014 5:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 468
Neither, it's a sign of sadness.

Its situational really. If you're crying because you stubbed your toe your weak as fuck but if you're crying because you got bit by a dragon your strong as fuck for like not passing out.
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
 
#5
Apr 14, 2014 5:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3543
BryanBossling said:
Men aren't supposed to cry.

Real men aren't afraid of crying.
 
#6
Apr 14, 2014 5:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2259
I'd say it's a sign of strength. I'm not even strong enough to cry at a funeral because I'd die of embarassment
 
#7
Apr 14, 2014 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1175
NarTaco said:
Real men aren't afraid of crying.
 
#8
Apr 14, 2014 5:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1129
That's a question that isn't even looking for an answer but a pointless debate.... Crying is such a situational thing that it doesn't merit a discussion lol.
 
#9
Apr 14, 2014 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 29142
Real men aren't afraid of crying, but if you do it too much then you might as well be a woman on her period.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 19336
Why is "controlling your emotions" considered strong?

People only do it in order to align with the expectations that people enforce upon them. It's just conforming to what you believe other people want to perceive you as. You are literally accepting yourself as less valuable than other people by deliberately repressing your own emotions for the sake of others' approval.

Contorting your emotions because you're a little bitch and scared that the neighbors down the street are gonna gossip about you doesn't sound very strong to me.
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2359
Crying means you were being strong for too long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 18279
It's a sign of emotion.
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 29142
Hulmy said:
Crying means you were being strong for too long.
sugoooi

this is sig worthy
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2259
Hulmy said:
Crying means you were being strong for too long.


All these feels...damn you just pierced right through me
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4713
NarTaco said:
BryanBossling said:
Men aren't supposed to cry.

Real men aren't afraid of crying.
Was expecting this sort of response. Generally speaking it's not fear that keeps men from crying, and crying doesn't make you brave. Stop being such a chick with your ''true men show their emotions'' bullshit.

There are acceptable moments for a man to tear up, but in general one shouldn't.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7024
Soren333 said:
It's a sign of emotion.

and it does not makes you more or less human.
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2259
BryanBossling said:
NarTaco said:
BryanBossling said:
Men aren't supposed to cry.

Real men aren't afraid of crying.
Was expecting this sort of response. It's not fear that keeps men from crying, and crying doesn't make you brave. Stop being such a chick with your ''true men show their emotions'' bullshit.

There are acceptable moments for a man to tear up, but in general one shouldn't.


If not fear, then what?

Why should they not in general?
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4713
LadyRenly said:
If not fear, then what?

Why should they not in general?
Because it's unmanly.

If a man cries from a sprained ankle, then that is a sign of weakness. Men like to avoid looking weak.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3543
BryanBossling said:
NarTaco said:
BryanBossling said:
Men aren't supposed to cry.

Real men aren't afraid of crying.
Was expecting this sort of response. Generally speaking it's not fear that keeps men from crying, and crying doesn't make you brave. Stop being such a chick with your ''true men show their emotions'' bullshit.

There are acceptable moments for a man to tear up, but in general one shouldn't.

My comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Crying doesn't make you a hero, but when a guy thinks that crying during movies or hardships is stupid, that's when I get annoyed.
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2259
BryanBossling said:
LadyRenly said:
If not fear, then what?

Why should they not in general?
Because it's unmanly.

If a man cries from a sprained ankle, then that is a sign of weakness. Men like to avoid looking weak.


I think people in general would like to not look weak. What does it mean to be "manly"?

It's no longer expected for a woman to be a housewife and clean all her life, so I don't see why men should feel the need to follow some outdated expectation
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 19336
People who desperately cling to gender roles are really pathetic in my opinion, and honestly holding society back.

It's primitive.
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4713
LadyRenly said:
I think people in general would like to not look weak. What does it mean to be "manly"?

It's no longer expected for a woman to be a housewife and clean all her life, so I don't see why men should feel the need to follow some outdated expectation
It's more acceptable for women to show weakness, because they're weaker to begin with, wouldn't you agree? If a woman gets emotional, she can count on her friends, or some man to comfort her. A man might receive a woman's sympathies, at first, but she will grow to resent him if things go on for too long, because that's how women usually react.

You're acting as if society has outgrown its need for men, and that we could all become like you and things would be fine. This isn't true.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3726
Red_Keys said:
Why is "controlling your emotions" considered strong?
It's more self-harm than anything

Otherwise, neither, but I enjoy crying sometimes
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2021
Both. It can be a sign that you are being weak in front of some situations, but can show strength after a long time holding emotions.

In my opinion, not crying at certain times is the same as hurting yourself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 14, 2014 5:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2259
BryanBossling said:
LadyRenly said:
I think people in general would like to not look weak. What does it mean to be "manly"?

It's no longer expected for a woman to be a housewife and clean all her life, so I don't see why men should feel the need to follow some outdated expectation
It's more acceptable for women to show weakness, because they're weaker to begin with, wouldn't you agree? If a woman gets emotional, she can count on her friends, or some man to comfort her. A man might receive a woman's sympathies, at first, but she will grow to resent him if things go on for too long, because that's how women usually react.

You're acting as if society has outgrown its need for men, and that we could all become like you and things would be fine. This isn't true.


I never said society has outgrown its need for men, but it has outgrown its need for rigid gender roles and gender based expectations.

People in general do not like people who need a lot of emotional support. They are high maintenance, regardless of sex.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 12193
Red_Keys said:
People who desperately cling to gender roles are really pathetic in my opinion, and honestly holding society back.

It's primitive.


Sometimes yah gotta stop worrying Pull the fucking trigger and think about it later.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2808
Crying is not a sign of weakness.

An unwillingness to show your tears is a weakness in and of itself.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4713
LadyRenly said:
I never said society has outgrown its need for men, but it has outgrown its need for rigid gender roles and gender based expectations.

People in general do not like people who need a lot of emotional support. They are high maintenance, regardless of sex.
A man who isn't in control of his emotions isn't reliable, something which turns women away.

Women are much in need of that to begin with, is my view on it.

Red_Keys said:
People who desperately cling to gender roles are really pathetic in my opinion, and honestly holding society back.

It's primitive.
You can use the argument that someone is ''holding back progress'' in almost any situation really. It doesn't say much, as not all progress is for the best of humanity.

''These people who don't think we should be able to marry animals are just desperately clinging to antiquated ideas about what love is, and are holding back progress.

It's primitive. Love knows no bounds.''
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15761
Ive not cried in over 10 years, not a tear but I am not a strong person.

Make of that what you will.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5372
It's a sign of emotions, not much else. I'm masculine as shit and I couldn't give a fuck less about crying or not, being a man doesn't mean you don't have feelings or don't feel physical or emotional pain, sadness, or happiness/joy to the point of tears. I don't know when I cried at all last but that's just because nothing is going on in my life for years now so there's no reason to aside maybe anime which has never been something I've cried over (teary-eyed though, but I forget what, I know something in the past year).

It's not really relevant, but women can look cute or more attractive when crying, men just look dumb - not because of their gender but their facial structure, so I prefer not to see men cry.
Modified by TallonKarrde23, Apr 14, 2014 6:11 PM
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 29142
Red_Keys said:
People who desperately cling to gender roles are really pathetic in my opinion, and honestly holding society back.

It's primitive.
Not that I'm gonna disagree, but there is some pride to be had in what you were born as by doing so.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 935
BryanBossling said:
LadyRenly said:
I never said society has outgrown its need for men, but it has outgrown its need for rigid gender roles and gender based expectations.

People in general do not like people who need a lot of emotional support. They are high maintenance, regardless of sex.
A man who isn't in control of his emotions isn't reliable, something which turns women away.

Women are much in need of that to begin with, is my view on it.

Red_Keys said:
People who desperately cling to gender roles are really pathetic in my opinion, and honestly holding society back.

It's primitive.
You can use the argument that someone is ''holding back progress'' in almost any situation really. It doesn't say much, as not all progress is for the best of humanity.

''These people who don't think we should be able to marry animals are just desperately clinging to antiquated ideas about what love is, and are holding back progress.

It's primitive. Love knows no bounds.''


You just compared marrying animals to the normal act of somebody crying... do you think it's weak for a man to cry when he loses somebody he loves? do you confront men when they start crying and call them pussies?
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2808
"Men don't cry" is such an accepted/acceptable stereotype that it makes me sick.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4713
Ferolex said:
You just compared marrying animals to the normal act of somebody crying... do you think it's weak for a man to cry when he loses somebody he loves? do you confront men when they start crying and call them pussies?
No, I said earlier that there are times when it's acceptable for a man to cry. Such assumptions.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 935
BryanBossling said:
Ferolex said:
You just compared marrying animals to the normal act of somebody crying... do you think it's weak for a man to cry when he loses somebody he loves? do you confront men when they start crying and call them pussies?
No, I said earlier that there are times when it's acceptable for a man to cry. Such assumptions.


My fault, I do agree with that, but I think the same applies with women.. you shouldn't just start crying in front of a bunch of random people for attention... and you should be able to hold it back a bit more when you're an adult.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10463
TallonKarrde23 said:
It's not really relevant, but women can look cute or more attractive when crying, men just look dumb - not because of their gender but their facial structure, so I prefer not to see men cry.


Welp, I think he looks pretty darn cute.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5372
Sapewloth said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
It's not really relevant, but women can look cute or more attractive when crying, men just look dumb - not because of their gender but their facial structure, so I prefer not to see men cry.


Welp, I think he looks pretty darn cute.


Kise is supposed to shine his smile as bright as the sun at all times.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 4713
Ferolex said:
My fault, I do agree with that, but I think the same applies with women.. you shouldn't just start crying in front of a bunch of random people for attention... and you should be able to hold it back a bit more when you're an adult.
Yes, but women shouldn't have the same pressure on them, as they feel more pain, and are weaker both mentally and physically. Same with children.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10463
BryanBossling said:
Yes, but women shouldn't have the same pressure on them, as they feel more pain, and are weaker both mentally and physically.

Source plz.


TallonKarrde23 said:
Kise is supposed to shine his smile as bright as the sun at all times.

Pretty much why I think he looks so cute like that.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 935
I'm gonna stop posting in this thread or I might end up dying from high blood pressure.


or crying myself to sleep

</3
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2272
The weakest men will cry a lot. The strongest men will cry the most.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15761
Akito_Kinomoto said:
The weakest men will cry a lot. The strongest men will cry the most.


Been a strong man has little do do with crying.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 29142
Akito_Kinomoto said:
The weakest men will cry a lot. The strongest men will cry the most.
yea im pretty sure that second part is bullshit
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2808
Ferolex said:
or crying myself to sleep

</3


u fckn weakling. bet u ain't even off the teat u cunt.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 5372
Akito_Kinomoto said:
The weakest men will cry a lot. The strongest men will cry the most.


A person's strength/fortitude/whatever word you want to use has nothing to do with how much they cry. A guy - or a girl - who just cries over everything is called fucking obnoxious, not strong.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2259
BryanBossling said:
Ferolex said:
My fault, I do agree with that, but I think the same applies with women.. you shouldn't just start crying in front of a bunch of random people for attention... and you should be able to hold it back a bit more when you're an adult.
Yes, but women shouldn't have the same pressure on them, as they feel more pain, and are weaker both mentally and physically. Same with children.


"Mentally" weaker?

...seriously?!1/
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 468
LadyRenly said:
BryanBossling said:
Ferolex said:
My fault, I do agree with that, but I think the same applies with women.. you shouldn't just start crying in front of a bunch of random people for attention... and you should be able to hold it back a bit more when you're an adult.
Yes, but women shouldn't have the same pressure on them, as they feel more pain, and are weaker both mentally and physically. Same with children.


"Mentally" weaker?

...seriously?!1/


Ey women deal way better with pain the men, don't make me fuck you up
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1716
It depends why you're crying...? Or rather it's neutral. I think there are instances where if you don't cry it's weird, and I assume bottling in tears is similar to bottling in anger-- not good. But it's not like crying a lot (ie for stupid reasons) is good either.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 15761
You know what crying gets you? nothing but dry sore eyes. Its not going to make problems go away or any better, sometimes I suppose it just happens depending on the situation, if so get it done and get over or in control of the problem after. If it helps someone then so be it, its just tears but if someone just cries at anything or all the time then its not helping is it.
 
Apr 14, 2014 6:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10463
LadyRenly said:
BryanBossling said:
Ferolex said:
My fault, I do agree with that, but I think the same applies with women.. you shouldn't just start crying in front of a bunch of random people for attention... and you should be able to hold it back a bit more when you're an adult.
Yes, but women shouldn't have the same pressure on them, as they feel more pain, and are weaker both mentally and physically. Same with children.


"Mentally" weaker?

...seriously?!1/

Also don't forget that your pain threshold is somewhat linked to your physical strength. Because BryanBossling logic.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Top
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »