Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
May 8, 2014 2:24 AM

Sep 2011
flustercuck said:
Um... WRONG. Most people who actually care about their dog will be devastated when they die.
What was I wrong about in the post you quoted? I know what it's like to lose an animal, and I'm sure if would affect you if you cared about that animal. I don't know about being ''devastated'' or crying because of it though.

Immahnoob said:
And you said that crying is for crybabies, one can cry unintentionally and that would mean you're a crybaby, which is bad in your opinion. Thus, I am explaining that your POV is shit and you should stop polluting the forums with your bullshit.
I said that crying is often unmanly because it signals weakness and emotional immaturity, and I'm trying to figure out what that has to do with getting something in your eye. I personally wouldn't define it as crying, but even if I did I don't think that would make you a crybaby, that's not my argument. I never said ''crying makes you a crybaby'' either.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
May 8, 2014 2:27 AM

Feb 2013
OP: Eh....crying is crying. It's not a sign of weakness or strength.
May 8, 2014 2:31 AM

Apr 2012
I view crying as a weakness. Yes, there are a few articles from "research" done on the evolutionary benefits of crying, but I am not buying it as I have seen multiple articles that have a different theory and it's always just a single biologist making the claim. For me, I just see no situation where it is valuable to cry. That's just me, though.
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
Anime is the reason why I live.
This is what every first comment should be like.
May 8, 2014 2:34 AM
Jan 2009
unmemorable_hero said:

More like a sign you're alive.
May 8, 2014 2:42 AM

Apr 2012
Haven't read through the replies, but I am willing to bet that a few people mentioned or will mention that it's not good to hold back your tears. I don't even believe there is such a thing as holding back your tears. When that emotional freight train hits you and you feel shitty, it's just a matter of picking what you want to do. Do you want to cry or not?
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
May 8, 2014 2:47 AM

Feb 2013
ThePandaManCan said:
unmemorable_hero said:

I like that. That's a good one.
May 8, 2014 3:13 AM
Jan 2009
unmemorable_hero said:
ThePandaManCan said:
unmemorable_hero said:

:D Literally too XD we were born crying. It meant we were alive. The breath of life.
May 8, 2014 3:14 AM

Apr 2012
ThePandaManCan said:
unmemorable_hero said:
ThePandaManCan said:
unmemorable_hero said:

:D Literally too XD we were born crying. It meant we were alive. The breath of life.
Whining is not crying.
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
May 8, 2014 3:18 AM
Jan 2009
wat?

"The nose and mouth of the baby are suctioned to clear the baby of all secretions and to aid in its first breathing efforts. The baby should begin crying within the first 30 seconds to one minute of life. To accomplish this, gentle stimulation is usually required and accomplished by rubbing the baby's back or gently stimulating its feet."
May 8, 2014 3:33 AM

Apr 2012
ThePandaManCan said:
wat?

"The nose and mouth of the baby are suctioned to clear the baby of all secretions and to aid in its first breathing efforts. The baby should begin crying within the first 30 seconds to one minute of life. To accomplish this, gentle stimulation is usually required and accomplished by rubbing the baby's back or gently stimulating its feet."
They call it crying, but the OP is actually referring to tears coming out. A lot of the time babies don't actually cry when you hear them "crying".

The act of crying has been defined as "a complex secretomotor phenomenon characterized by the shedding of tears from the lacrimal apparatus, without any irritation of the ocular structures".[2] A related medical term is lacrimation, which also refers to non-emotional shedding of tears.

A lot of people, even scientific articles and doctors, confuse crying with whining. Just saying.
TyrelMay 8, 2014 9:09 PM
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
May 8, 2014 5:06 AM

Apr 2012
BryanBossling said:
most people despise men who are crybabies.

You really didn't mean that did you?

Considering we're talking about CRYING, that does translate into what I said, by the power of semantics!
Ok then, what is emotional immaturity? Give me a clear definition. Why is crying weak? You can take crying in many ways, considering your body is telling you that you need to cry it means something has happened, is treating a wound also weak and unmanly?
TyrelMay 8, 2014 3:12 PM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 8, 2014 6:01 AM

Apr 2012
I actually would like to see a scientific reason as to why people cry, and the purpose of it. Cause as it is now I see no benefit from crying, rather the opposite you just start feeling more miserable. If there is a article stating that there really is no benefit from crying I might feel better about my inability to do so ^^.
May 8, 2014 6:02 AM

Mar 2011
It depends how often you do it, in what context, why you cried, how long you do it for etc.

In other words, it says absolutely nothing in of itself.
May 8, 2014 6:03 AM

Apr 2012
baki502 said:
I actually would like to see a scientific reason as to why people cry, and the purpose of it. Cause as it is now I see no benefit from crying, rather the opposite you just start feeling more miserable. If there is a article stating that there really is no benefit from crying I might feel better about my inability to do so ^^.
Already looked into it. Just a bunch of independent research done by biologists that is played up by the media. Each article stated a different reason for crying and none of them seemed too decent of a reason.
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
May 8, 2014 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
I don't believe people who cry is a sign of being weak. There's times where I cry, bottling up sadness however won't do anything good in the end. There was a time when I used to bottle things in all the time cause people would constantly say: people who cry are weak individuals. Now I can clearly see that this is wrong. Anytime I cry, I get all my emotional baggage off my chest and I end up feeling a lot better after I cry.
May 8, 2014 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Abusive post and quotes of it have been removed from this page.
rodacMay 8, 2014 6:44 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 9, 2014 1:08 AM

Apr 2014
ClannadQs said:
I view crying as a weakness. Yes, there are a few articles from "research" done on the evolutionary benefits of crying, but I am not buying it as I have seen multiple articles that have a different theory and it's always just a single biologist making the claim. For me, I just see no situation where it is valuable to cry. That's just me, though.

Hold up, if the death of a close relative such as your mother, father or sibling causes you to cry, how is that a weakness? I'm curious.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
May 9, 2014 1:19 AM

Apr 2012
Synklare said:
ClannadQs said:

Hold up, if the death of a close relative such as your mother, father or sibling causes you to cry, how is that a weakness? I'm curious.
I didn't say it made the individual weak. Simply stating that I see no evolutionary benefit of crying other than maybe for children when they can't take care of themselves and have to get the attention of their mother. Now, in regards to what you're saying I simply don't see any reason to shed a tear. Most of the time it will actually make you feel worse than before and you gain nothing from it.
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
May 9, 2014 1:39 AM
Jan 2009
Have you ever experienced a loss like that? When it happened to me I stopped giving a **** and bawled my eyes out
May 9, 2014 1:42 AM

Apr 2012
ThePandaManCan said:
Have you ever experienced a loss like that? When it happened to me I stopped giving a **** and bawled my eyes out
I have experienced deaths that have been close to me, but not within the family. Maybe I can't relate, but maybe we're simply different. Who knows?
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
May 9, 2014 2:28 AM

Apr 2012
ThePandaManCan said:

My father died 3 years ago when I was 15. I was devastated and sad but I didnt cry. I just cant, I think at some point I realised the uselessnes of crying and maybe something happened and since then I cant do it anymore.
May 9, 2014 2:36 AM

Apr 2014
baki502 said:
ThePandaManCan said:

My father died 3 years ago when I was 15. I was devastated and sad but I didnt cry. I just cant, I think at some point I realised the uselessnes of crying and maybe something happened and since then I cant do it anymore.

In my opinion, had you cried it wouldn't have been a problem but you not crying isn't necessarily a problem either. Naturally, everybody is different and how they react to trauma doesn't make them strong nor weak.

It's true, you technically gain nothing from crying however some people actually find some form of comfort in mourning for their loved ones.
Tonight, Synklare joins the hunt.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

6 by Adverrito »»
11 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

33 by Oofmastre9000 »»
40 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

58 by rose »»
46 minutes ago

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

20 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

96 by neol3 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.