Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Oct 26, 2009 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
What's the longest manga currently in existence?

Sorry if that's been asked already, I didn't want to browse through all 24 pages of comments.
Oh sheesh ya'll
Twas a dream.

Instagram | Deviantart
Oct 26, 2009 5:45 AM

Sep 2009
Why are the main characters of ecchi's always shy, nervous, dumbasses?
Oct 26, 2009 6:00 AM

Jun 2008
bleachigo10 said:
Because when they're not, it's called hentai ;)
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Oct 26, 2009 9:22 AM

Jun 2008
Jigero said:
4. why haven't gundams been made yet?
7. Why is their not more real mecha

These two questions are very related.

There are a few reasons, the major one is that gundams are very cost prohibative. Full-body actuated armor, or even an exoskeleton have been, at best, in experimental stages (http://www.raytheon.com/newsroom/technology/rtn08_exoskeleton/#). There is always a question of the self-contained energy system and cost.

To create either a transforming jet (like in Macross Zero) or even a Gundam would billions of dollars just for one because of the addition of high tech. actuators to allow for movement or transformations.

IMO, what we are watching are just machines in an imaginary world breaking a lot of laws of physics to work. Personally, I'm still waiting for flying cars. ;)

teiza said:

Sorry if that's been asked already, I didn't want to browse through all 24 pages of comments.
Golgo 13. Started in 1969 (quoted from wikipedia)
Dodecahedron-O24Oct 26, 2009 9:26 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 26, 2009 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
sbyrstall said:
teiza said:

Golgo 13. Started in 1969 (quoted from wikipedia)
If you mean in length I think it's Hajime no Ippo with currently 871 manga chapters released.
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Oct 26, 2009 9:49 AM

Apr 2009
Lol 148 volumes of Golgo 13, that beats Hajime no Ippo for sure
Oct 26, 2009 6:09 PM

Aug 2009
cartier-ngo said:
Why do drawings change per season? I always wondered about that. Like Minami-Ke or Ichigo Mashimaro.

Let me ask another question to go along with this. Why do drawings change every few episodes? (lets say for 3 episodes the drawing style looks one way, while in the next 3 are so episodes take a diffrent style) This is the case with Neon Genesis Evangelion. Or in the case of Eureka seveN, almost every episode. I hope sombody knows what I am talking about.
Oct 26, 2009 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
ZAM19XX said:
Let me ask another question to go along with this. Why do drawings change every few episodes? (lets say for 3 episodes the drawing style looks one way, while in the next 3 are so episodes take a diffrent style) This is the case with Neon Genesis Evangelion. Or in the case of Eureka seveN, almost every episode. I hope sombody knows what I am talking about.
You're probably imagining it in most cases. At any rate it can be explained by the simple fact that robots don't draw for anime, yet.

touché...or something along those lines
Oct 27, 2009 12:55 AM

Mar 2009
Amex_Yohko said:
teiza said:

As far as I know its Kochikame but this may not be true.

Yeah, Kochikame has over 1400 chapters (longest-running manga series in history.)
Oct 27, 2009 1:05 AM

Sep 2008
ShadowbladeEdge said:
Jigero said:
but Nana and Nadome would be Josei
By the by, NANA is shojo.

Uh is must be wrong cause it's about 2 Josei, not to mention a shojo is too young to even be reading Nana.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 27, 2009 1:29 AM

Sep 2008
ShadowbladeEdge said:
Jigero said:
Uh is must be wrong cause it's about 2 Josei, not to mention a shojo is too young to even be reading Nana.
Well it's published in Cookie, a shojo anthology, and that's all that matters.

on Mal it's marked as Josei, and since when does a publisher dictate genre?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 27, 2009 6:46 AM

Jun 2008
bleachigo10 said:
If they weren't what would be the point of watching it then? They make for great situational comedies.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 27, 2009 6:59 AM

Jul 2008
bleachigo10 said:

Thats not necessarily true.. in sora no otoshimono the main char isnt shy or nervous at all xD
And well.. i consider this anime ecchi (who wouldnt? o.o") so... that statement is wrong =p
Oct 27, 2009 1:41 PM

Oct 2009
Why do anime makers REFUSE to follow the storyline of the manga when the Manga storyline is MUCH better?

IE: FMA, Claymore, Rosario + Vampire...ECT
Oct 27, 2009 4:47 PM
Aug 2009
Why are there no non-Japanese characters in anime?

Oct 27, 2009 4:48 PM

Jul 2008
voyant said:
Why do anime makers REFUSE to follow the storyline of the manga when the Manga storyline is MUCH better?

SO TRUE! Specially in Claymore x.x
Oct 27, 2009 4:50 PM

Sep 2009
They made FMA too early and caught up to the manga too fast, so they had to take a different route.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Oct 27, 2009 4:53 PM

Apr 2009
V0YANT said:

Last half of FMA anime >>>>>>>> first half of FMA anime.

Better question: why don't anime makers realize that they're going to run out of source material and take the daring step of actually changing the story before the last two episodes so that the ending naturally flows from the story?
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Oct 27, 2009 5:09 PM

Sep 2009
Amex_Yohko said:
People who are not insane enough can skip this question...

Cuz I want that life.

Oct 27, 2009 5:10 PM

Jul 2008
Amex_Yohko said:

Oct 27, 2009 5:32 PM

Jul 2008
cartier-ngo said:
Amex_Yohko said:

Cuz I want that life.

What life? o.o"
The anime is completely crazy xD
Oct 27, 2009 5:33 PM

Sep 2009
Even if I have to die for it, I want girls to fight over me!

Oct 27, 2009 5:34 PM

May 2009
What the hell happend in the end of Noir?
Oct 27, 2009 5:35 PM

Mar 2009
Didn't read inbetween the 25 pages, so not sure if this was questioned, but:

Why do those super ecchi animes have girls with gigantic breasts even though they're not realistic, and they're so big that it's just.. disturbing?
ie. eiken

;(
Oct 27, 2009 5:39 PM

Dec 2007
realfreshmilk said:

Why do those super ecchi animes have girls with gigantic breasts even though they're not realistic, and they're so big that it's just.. disturbing?
ie. eiken

;(

Because a certain public has an unsolved complex and needs them to feel better.

SamiOwari said:
cartier-ngo said:
Amex_Yohko said:

Cuz I want that life.

What life? o.o"

On my case because, for the first time, I was truly able to redrect all my supressed anger towards the male gender through HATE. The most pure HATE. And I loved the feeling. :3
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Oct 27, 2009 5:46 PM

Jul 2008
ladyxzeus said:

SamiOwari said:
cartier-ngo said:
Amex_Yohko said:

Cuz I want that life.

What life? o.o"

On my case because, for the first time, I was truly able to redrect all my supressed anger towards the male gender through HATE. The most pure HATE. And I loved the feeling. :3

Ok, in that i agree... never think about it in that way =o
Oct 27, 2009 6:02 PM

Apr 2008
Why is it that anime (like genshiken) makes yaoi that interesting?

I find it very very disturbing.

Oct 27, 2009 6:12 PM

Sep 2009
ladyxzeus said:
realfreshmilk said:

ie. eiken

;(

Because a certain public has an unsolved complex and needs them to feel better.

SamiOwari said:
cartier-ngo said:
Amex_Yohko said:

Cuz I want that life.

What life? o.o"

It reminds me of Code Geass when you say it like that for some reason.

Oct 27, 2009 9:54 PM

Oct 2008
Mari-chan said:
Amex_Yohko said:

Oct 28, 2009 1:03 AM

Mar 2009
Amex_Yohko said:

Actually, there are many people who hate it. I personally thought it was good in the psychological sense, but it was terrible in the sense that the characters were so dense. Also,
Oct 28, 2009 1:40 AM

Jun 2008
Amex_Yohko said:

It's very much a genre not for everyone but try scrolling through Reviews made to it and you should see a surprisingly large amount of 9's and 10's that tries to explain why they scored it so high. It's mostly because it's so wicked/mind-screwing and different from all others. I loved it as well.
Oct 28, 2009 4:27 AM

Mar 2009
Amex_Yohko said:
AlexisSolitaire said:
Amex_Yohko said:

Actually, there are many people who hate it. I personally thought it was good in the psychological sense, but it was terrible in the sense that the characters were so dense. Also,

CaMaVan said:
It's very much a genre not for everyone but try scrolling through Reviews made to it and you should see a surprisingly large amount of 9's and 10's that tries to explain why they scored it so high. It's mostly because it's so wicked/mind-screwing and different from all others. I loved it as well.

Finally some decent answers to that question even I did not take it seriously at all. Well, its a stupid question and so I expect people give equally stupid answers but I liked these answers more than the others because I quite agree with them.

Further rant on School Days(Don't read it if you are a SD fan):

Back to topic, which one of these will come sooner? Doomsday or the last episode of Bleach, One Piece, Naruto and Sazae-san?

I'd say Doomsday. Those series seem like they'd never end, esp Naruto and Bleach (can't comment on OP and Sazae since I don't watch them).
Nov 2, 2009 5:30 PM

Oct 2009
Shinji Ikari's sexaul orientation????????????
Nov 2, 2009 5:46 PM
Mar 2009
The introduction of Gurren Lagann
Nov 2, 2009 5:48 PM

Mar 2009
How did Reinhard von Lohengramm's hair grow that fast in less than 100 days or so?
Nov 2, 2009 6:12 PM

Mar 2008
Why did quality anime, such as Beck/Nana/Air gear/NHK/Getbackers/Ouran/Ghost hunt/Tenjou/Paradise/etc, end so soon?

*single tear*
Nov 2, 2009 6:18 PM

Oct 2009
staindwing said:
Why did quality anime, such as Beck/Nana/Air gear/NHK/Getbackers/Ouran/Ghost hunt/Tenjou/Paradise/etc, end so soon?

*single tear*

They are commercial-to-manga shows. Ouran and Tenjo Tenge mangas did not end yet.
Nov 2, 2009 6:31 PM

Mar 2008
XxdoobxX said:
staindwing said:

*single tear*

They are commercial-to-manga shows. Ouran and Tenjo Tenge mangas did not end yet.

I don't think I get your point.
Nov 2, 2009 6:37 PM

Sep 2009
staindwing said:
XxdoobxX said:
staindwing said:

*single tear*

The manga picks up where the anime is left off. They're only showing a partial of the manga material. If you want to find out what happens next, read the manga.

Nov 2, 2009 6:42 PM

Mar 2008
cartier-ngo said:
staindwing said:
XxdoobxX said:
staindwing said:

*single tear*

The manga picks up where the anime is left off. They're only showing a partial of the manga material. If you want to find out what happens next, read the manga.

I know that.

My point is, given the extensive material each of them(with the exception of Ghost hunt) had, they could've all continued with the anime.
Nov 2, 2009 6:52 PM

Mar 2009
staindwing said:
My point is, given the extensive material each of them(with the exception of Ghost hunt) had, they could've all continued with the anime.

If there is no demand / the anime isn't popular enough, then the production will be stopped to avoid unnecessary money wastage.
Nov 2, 2009 6:53 PM

Oct 2009
What happend to Grimmjow in Bleach? After Nnotria showed up he just dissapeared >_<
Nov 2, 2009 6:57 PM

Sep 2009
I'll post my question again since no one answered it: What did Onizuka really get on his test?

Nov 2, 2009 7:00 PM

Nov 2009
YachiruKusajishi said:
What happend to Grimmjow in Bleach? After Nnotria showed up he just dissapeared >_<

Yeah, I didn't get that either. I think he'll come back to intercept Ichigo on his way back to the Karakura town battle, but that's just a guess.
Nov 2, 2009 7:01 PM

Mar 2009
YachiruKusajishi said:

He may or may not be dead. Since that was left unexplained, there's a chance that he's still alive and will come back to challenge Ichigo.
Nov 2, 2009 7:14 PM

Mar 2008
AlexisSolitaire said:
staindwing said:

If there is no demand / the anime isn't popular enough, then the production will be stopped to avoid unnecessary money wastage.

I don't see how the demand isn't/wasn't there. Nana had two live action movies made in addition to the (as far as I know still running manga), Beck will soon have a live action movie in addition to the manga that ran until mid '08, Tenjou had ova's + is still running, Ouran has 50k+ fans on MAL alone + ongoing manga, Paradise Kiss only had 12 eps...but still massed nearly 20k fans on MAL(whereas the manga only has about 5k).

I mean realistically, they all had/have a huge fanbase....and plenty of material to continue with. I don't see how any of them (aside from Ghost hunt) would've/could've been considered "unnecessary money wastage". not to mention...almost all of the series I mentioned simply are not done justice in manga (imo).

Beck/Nana - the music?
Tenjou/Air gear - the animated action?
Paradise - the color/vibrance?

C'mon now, in a world in which Naruto has two shows of 100+ episodes....wtf?
Nov 2, 2009 7:26 PM

Mar 2009
staindwing said:
AlexisSolitaire said:
staindwing said:

I don't see how the demand isn't/wasn't there.

C'mon now, in a world in which Naruto has two shows of 100+ episodes....wtf?

It also depends on the production crew. Perhaps they weren't interested in continuing with the animation due to certain reasons of their own. As for Naruto it's overrated but since it's no doubt one of the (apart from Bleach and One Piece) most popular anime right now, the company will be in serious shit if they drop the anime.
Nov 3, 2009 3:29 AM

Oct 2009
What happened to Pokemon right now? It was a huge hit when I start to watch some anime and now they seem to be forgotten except for its games.
Nov 3, 2009 4:30 AM

Oct 2009
cos the writers decided to add more and more ridiculous pokemon. and then it got stupid..
Nov 3, 2009 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
triseke said:
cos the writers decided to add more and more ridiculous pokemon. and then it got stupid..

This+People who watched it in the 90s grew up and either stopped or started watching more "mature" anime.
And the dude from The Lake House is all "WHOA!"
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 41 minutes ago

4 by sheepberry »»
36 seconds ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - 10 hours ago

22 by TsutanaiFuun »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

64 by Blueberry173 »»
12 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.