Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan: No Regrets Complete Color Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Just as I thought, Levi is badass in this prologue chapter. Oop there he goes and I spot Erwin at the end there.
LunaApr 14, 2014 1:47 AM
Sep 28, 2013 9:42 AM

Jun 2011
An intersting start :3 I already love it xD Though probably partly because I'm Levi-biased lol xD
Heichou was as badass as always <3
And seems he was already skilled with using 3DMG, but that's not a surprise based on what we already know.
His comrades seem fairly likeable for now ^^
Looks like Erwin's already spotted him, looking forward to see what's going to happen next :3 (Though having to wait for a month again -.-)
Sep 28, 2013 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty cool, found it kinda short, but I guess its an okay start.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 28, 2013 10:05 AM

Jul 2011
WAITING FOR THIS FOR SOOOOO LONGGGGG!!!!!!!

BUT.

MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................... Well.................................................................
Kinda cliche................. the bumping into the bad guy and then the thug faking getting hurt, and then the thug gets angry but thank God the cool main protagonist is so strong he can defeat them with a single blow..... Hmmm.... Well....
Doesn't feel like something that Hajime Isayama would make.. Is he really supervising this??

Feels like a fighting scene from yaoi manga, where the fighting isn't actually important, it's just there to show how cool the main protagonist is...

Hope next chapter will get SUPER ULTRA BETTER than this. The prologue from "Before the Fall" is so good, so it would be a bummer if this one sucks because i love Levi.
Sep 28, 2013 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
That was a pretty short chapter, but Levi really was a thug, how he was just attacking those people xD
But they already showed Erwin, I was expecting him to appear later on, but this looks like it'll be interesting.
Sep 28, 2013 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
I have a question about this.

Do you think we will get an official past about Levi? Since the story is written by Gan Sunaaku and not by Isayama-sensei (that's what I read everywhere). Does anyone have opinions on this?

I'm a bit confused about how they could be thugs as soldiers... (I think? Since they had 3DMG)
Sep 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Nov 2012
Where did you guys read it? Is it in English yet...?
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Sep 28, 2013 11:57 AM

May 2010
CelestialRay said:

Do you think we will get an official past about Levi? Since the story is written by Gan Sunaaku and not by Isayama-sensei (that's what I read everywhere). Does anyone have opinions on this?

I'm a bit confused about how they could be thugs as soldiers... (I think? Since they had 3DMG)

^ This
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 28, 2013 12:45 PM

Oct 2008
They're not soldiers. They just got their hands on 3DMG somehow, though that hasn't been explained yet. It was mentioned in one of the previews somewhere, as well as that shocking preview teaser that revealed how Levi joined the Corps to kill Erwin. I guess we'll see how that comes to be as more chapters are released.

And moomoonya1, there are some fan scanlations and translations floating about online. If you're on tumblr, you can likely easily find various versions of it.
Sep 28, 2013 1:32 PM
Feb 2008
I only found 12 pages, is that all? And does anybody know when it will continue? I rarely ever read manga so I'm kinda new to this.
Sep 28, 2013 2:07 PM
Jul 2013
CelestialRay said:

First, Isayama is supervising every side stories/spin-offs, so we're good. It's his franchise afterall.

Second, they smuggle 3DMGs out for thugs to use.

This pretty much confirms passively that there might be stronger dudes than Top Dog Levi himself in the smuggling ring.

After all, he's just the strongest soldier, not the strongest human being.
Sep 28, 2013 2:16 PM

Sep 2010
Lirina said:
I only found 12 pages, is that all? And does anybody know when it will continue? I rarely ever read manga so I'm kinda new to this.

This is just preview, so it's only 12 pages for now, next chapter should come out in january (or december, not sure).

Nobody noticed Mike next to Erwin?
Sep 28, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:
CelestialRay said:

First, Isayama is supervising every side stories/spin-offs, so we're good. It's his franchise afterall.

Second, they smuggle 3DMGs out for thugs to use.

This pretty much confirms passively that there might be stronger dudes than Top Dog Levi himself in the smuggling ring.

After all, he's just the strongest soldier, not the strongest human being.

Thank you very much! (^ ^). It's good that the spin-off is going to be sincere X3.
Thanks again <3.
Sep 28, 2013 3:39 PM

Aug 2010
Looks like Levi's always been a badass. I wonder how old he is over here. Really looking forward to how this manga turns out.
Sep 28, 2013 8:54 PM

Mar 2009
The art looks too fucking sexy. They really knew what they were going for, the whole shoujo demographic with one of the most popular male characters in the show. I'm sure guys will enjoy this too; it just looks too damn good.
Sep 28, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2011
From episode 23 (?) they showed there that the MPs sell their equipments to the black market. Pretty much why thugs have gears.

And the art is definitely better. Sorry Isayama-sensei.
Sep 28, 2013 10:12 PM

Jul 2013
Some clean art. Can't say too much, other than a pretty cliche start. We'll see where this goes.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 28, 2013 10:14 PM

Jun 2008
Wonder if this is actually canon or not...hmmm...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 11:38 PM

Aug 2012
Yesss!! Finally get to learn more about Levi's past can't wait for the next chapter
Sep 29, 2013 2:42 PM
Jul 2012
I ALMOST FORGOT THIS OH GOD THE WAIT IS OVER <3
However, where did you guys read this on?
Sep 29, 2013 4:40 PM
Jan 2012
I kinda expected something else. But we'll see. I still wanna see Levi's story in the original manga. Can't trust spinoffs.
For now i can't say much. He is using the gear and all... i thought it would start from earlier times.
Sep 30, 2013 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
annii-na said:
I ALMOST FORGOT THIS OH GOD THE WAIT IS OVER <3
However, where did you guys read this on?

Here you go: http://whiteflowertranslations.tumblr.com/read/snk-a-choice-with-no-regrets-prologue
Sep 30, 2013 3:46 AM
Jan 2010
when will the next chapter come out? October? since this is a monthly thing right?
Sep 30, 2013 6:28 AM

Aug 2013
JunkoEve said:
when will the next chapter come out? October? since this is a monthly thing right?

I read it's going to be out on November 28th. Though I do hope it will come out earlier.
Sep 30, 2013 3:20 PM

May 2013
Good chapter.
Sep 30, 2013 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
i always knew levi was always a badass but didnt know he would go around beating people up.seems more cocky in my opinion but at least hes able to survive for so long and i also want to know who that girl is because i doubt thats petra.if it is then its all cool.honestly i heard that they were going to be making a manga about levi but i was expecting it to be from when he was young but still excited for this series.cant wait for the first official chapter.
Oct 1, 2013 3:15 AM

Jun 2011
Good chapter.. i liked the art!
Oct 1, 2013 5:10 AM

Apr 2011
The art is very clean, which I really like.
It was interesting to see that Rivaille was already a pro with the 3DMG and he also had friends.

Next chapter is on November 28th though...Meh, I can't complain. My favourite character in the series has a spin off manga. I can wait lol.
Oct 1, 2013 5:44 AM
Jan 2010
CelestialRay said:
JunkoEve said:

I read it's going to be out on November 28th. Though I do hope it will come out earlier.

Such a long wait...........
Oct 1, 2013 5:45 AM

May 2010
erwin, that smile is scary.
Oct 1, 2013 12:34 PM
Feb 2013
Link a brother up ?
Oct 1, 2013 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
Ookay, the pages from the VN looked more serious. Not that I mind the shipping, but it feels a bit off. And since there's no info on the VN, the manga version made me wonder about Isayama's involvement, too.

The other thing that worries me is whether the VN/manga spin-off are designed to be Levi-centric or both Levi and Erwin are supposed to be retconned to an equal extent. Because unless Erwin's rape face a la "Your ass is mine" is used as a shoujo bait addressing Aria's audience, ... it feels weird, compared to SnK manga and anime (first chapter/first episode).

Notes: (spoilers for general purposes)

zellamiOct 1, 2013 4:31 PM
Oct 1, 2013 7:07 PM

May 2012
Once again, IsaHaji's horrible original manga got owned hard. LOL
4/10 for this prologue.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 1, 2013 7:51 PM

Jul 2010
The chapter was short but I really liked the art! I can't wait for more.
Oct 2, 2013 1:54 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty good prologue. Levi is a badass as always. That last page with Erwin and Levi looking at each other, some tension there... xD The art is surprisingly really good. Looking forward to more.
Oct 2, 2013 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
Maybe this shoujo, shounen ai-y (dat stare... dat tension) spin-off is Isayama-sensei's indirect stamp of approval for Eruri.
*gross laughter*

On a more serious note, does anyone have a source on whether Isayama signed off on this or not? Like an interview or something. I want to know if these events are gonna be canon. I know some people have said that it is, but I just want to be sure.
(눈_눈)
Oct 2, 2013 4:34 PM

Nov 2012
2.bp.blogspot.com/-9NorCmtbNU4/UkuLo7x5KII/AAAAAAAAD94/XGSsnCTIbPc/Birth_of_Levi_Chp_0_012.jpg?imgmax=2000

I can see where this is going.......
Oct 2, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good so far. :3
Oct 2, 2013 6:25 PM

Jul 2013
So Levi used to be a thug?
Oct 2, 2013 11:38 PM

Apr 2012
tiffanyhng said:
So Levi used to be a thug?

Yeah, they mentioned that canonically before :)

This looks promising! Hopefully it won't devolve into a BL doujin lol.
Oct 3, 2013 7:10 PM
Sep 2013
AntenorA said:
I kinda expected something else. But we'll see. I still wanna see Levi's story in the original manga. Can't trust spinoffs.
For now i can't say much. He is using the gear and all... i thought it would start from earlier times.

This is exactly what I thought as well.

As others have mentioned, the fight is very cliche. I wanted to to see Levi's skills without the 3D gear. Also expected a colder, more vicious flavor of badass and a dark and troubled lone wolf past. But this is a shoujo mag...so I predict that the chick in Levi's trio will have the hots for him. Maybe there'll even be a love triangle.

It's funny that there may be illegal 3DMG possessors that are better with it than actual soldiers.

Erwin's determined rape-smile at the end is out of character. The one time I've seen him smile is with Mike, and that wasn't a rape-smile.

Edit: He also smiled at the new Scout recruits, but that wasn't a rape-smile either. Guess it's fujoshi time...

This story should've happened in a Seinen. But it is Levi, and Levi = fangirls.

Is this canon?

I don't mean episode 24/25 of the anime-canon, but actually canon.
dxiaOct 4, 2013 12:46 PM
Oct 4, 2013 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
I was waitning for soooo long for that manga (first chapter) :3 And now i'm after reading and.... Awwwww sooo Levi. I wainting for the very next :D
We're all mad here
Oct 5, 2013 12:36 AM

Jul 2007
I felt like I was reading Erwin x Levi doujinshi, tbqh.

Still ♥ Heichouuuu!!

Can't wait to see him kick ass more frequently than in SnK. (tho I am still waiting more to seeing him again in SnK..)
Oct 9, 2013 11:02 AM

Jun 2012
petalshreds said:
erwin, that smile is scary.

puddingly said:

This looks promising! Hopefully it won't devolve into a BL doujin lol.

Aria is not a yaoi magazine so don't worry lol, it may have some slight hints though (like with K - Memory of Red)
NemuriNezumiNov 11, 2013 10:27 AM

- I only draw freestyle! -
Nov 29, 2013 7:05 PM

Jan 2012
I really loved it! Can't wait to see what happens :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2013 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
Levi is badass as ever. Now I really want to know how old he is.
Feb 23, 2014 2:35 AM
Jan 2012
dxia said:
AntenorA said:

This is exactly what I thought as well.

As others have mentioned, the fight is very cliche. I wanted to to see Levi's skills without the 3D gear. Also expected a colder, more vicious flavor of badass and a dark and troubled lone wolf past. But this is a shoujo mag...so I predict that the chick in Levi's trio will have the hots for him. Maybe there'll even be a love triangle.

It's funny that there may be illegal 3DMG possessors that are better with it than actual soldiers.

Erwin's determined rape-smile at the end is out of character. The one time I've seen him smile is with Mike, and that wasn't a rape-smile.

Edit: He also smiled at the new Scout recruits, but that wasn't a rape-smile either. Guess it's fujoshi time...

This story should've happened in a Seinen. But it is Levi, and Levi = fangirls.

Is this canon?

I don't mean episode 24/25 of the anime-canon, but actually canon.

I taught she'd have the hots on him too. Fortunately they seem to make him a brother figure for her, which might be cool.
I still expect stuff from earlier times and something in the original manga....
It's going okay for now.
Phahah Erwin's smile :D There is something wrong with that guy.
Apr 13, 2014 4:47 PM

Nov 2011
Their destiny encounter~

Way too short though. Levi needs more screen time in this.

Mod Edit: Merged threads. Do not delete this post as it contains the poll.
LunaApr 14, 2014 1:45 AM
Feb 5, 2018 10:37 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
11 pages when Levi was face to face with Erwin!!! Interesting? Yesss, i am ready to read both volumes!!!! kekeke
Apr 24, 2020 12:27 AM

Mar 2020
my boy been a badass since day 1
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku - Full Color Kanzenban Chapter 5 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Nov 6, 2023

0 by Berry-Vodka »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku - Full Color Kanzenban Chapter 6 Discussion

0 by Berry-Vodka »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:22 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku - Full Color Kanzenban Chapter 3 Discussion

0 by Berry-Vodka »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku - Full Color Kanzenban Chapter 4 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Nov 4, 2023

0 by Berry-Vodka »»
Nov 4, 2023 10:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Kuinaki Sentaku - Full Color Kanzenban Chapter 2 Discussion

Berry-Vodka - Nov 4, 2023

0 by Berry-Vodka »»
Nov 4, 2023 10:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.