Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2009 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
episode 11 and 12 will be tsubasa cat, and the last 3 is not really from the bakemonogatari novel, its from the Kizumonogatari which is named "Koyomi Vamp" featuring both shinobu bfore she lost her personality and araragi.
also i found a cool teaser video of koyomi vamp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9UYXMoBRiM&NR=1

Sep 14, 2009 4:25 PM
May 2008
mangekyoux said:
episode 11 and 12 will be tsubasa cat, and the last 3 is not really from the bakemonogatari novel, its from the Kizumonogatari which is named "Koyomi Vamp" featuring both shinobu bfore she lost her personality and araragi.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9UYXMoBRiM&NR=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9UYXMoBRiM&NR=1

Wasn't that at the beginning of episode 1?

Anyway good episode, this series always impresses me with its ability to handle certain situations and the overall arcs.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 14, 2009 5:31 PM

Jun 2009
liked the new op, good episode, so far series is awesome, i guess people either hate it or love it.
Sep 14, 2009 6:01 PM

May 2009
I am a little disappointed. This seems like it had a lot of potential to be one of my favorite arcs. Though it felt so rushed. I still like it though she the main girl of this arc was a doll. I loved her character design wish they could have given her more personality to make her better. Though oh well.

I find it ironic that she is the character who has a love that she does not to tell about and she was cursed because of love. Not to mention in the end someone else lost someone they loved. It's still sad this arc seems to be trying to give a lot of development to Araragi how he wont be able to save everyone. And knowing he has limitations. So sad it was so rushed. . .
Sep 14, 2009 6:17 PM

Apr 2009
NeloDeath said:
mangekyoux said:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9UYXMoBRiM&NR=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9UYXMoBRiM&NR=1

Anyway good episode, this series always impresses me with its ability to handle certain situations and the overall arcs.

Yeah,the benning of the episode 1 is the teaser of the next one,creative indeed XD
NeloDeath said:
mangekyoux said:

Yeah,the beginning of the first episode is the teaser of the next one,creative indeed XD
Sep 14, 2009 7:34 PM
Sep 2008
The lack of animation in the most important part, the fight scene really pissed me off. They'd better fix it in the DVD version, especially with how many copies of volume one they're selling.
Sep 14, 2009 9:02 PM

Jul 2007
Weakest episode so far, but still pretty good.
I enjoyed the new opening theme.
Sep 14, 2009 9:31 PM

Jan 2009
Pretty random and very a la SHAFT with the slide images, and quite dissapointing as well since they just tried to use these ridiculous drama in the middle of an awkward situation with Nadeko. I can even barely say this plot has logical meaning. Very, but very dissapointing since they had a lot of material to work with and now they came up with this moe crap.

The animation somehow became a bit choppy.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Sep 14, 2009 10:01 PM

Dec 2008
Liked the opening....though I hope a more "complete" version of the episode is on the dvd/blu-ray.
Sep 14, 2009 10:05 PM

Jan 2009
This could have been a much better episode if shaft kept up with the animation. Like what the fuck there were probably only ten moving scenes in the whole episode. I'm disappointed. It deserves more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 14, 2009 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
I hated this episode. I'm don't even really care to look through the discussion, I was so bored and disappointed by what I saw. I don't think I can give the series higher than a 7 after this.
Sep 14, 2009 10:55 PM

Apr 2009
A bad episode, but I think it is due to the fact that SHAFT are working on SZS, Bake, the Negima OVAs and Natsu no Arashi 2 at the same time basically and the budget isn't endless.

But, does anyone else think that the two people (there were two snakes) who performed the curse were the Koyomi sisters?
Sep 15, 2009 12:38 AM

Aug 2008
That's what I thought, but since it seems like this is the end of the arc, I just threw away the idea.
Sep 15, 2009 12:49 AM

May 2009
Haylias said:
A bad episode, but I think it is due to the fact that SHAFT are working on SZS, Bake, the Negima OVAs and Natsu no Arashi 2 at the same time basically and the budget isn't endless.

But, does anyone else think that the two people (there were two snakes) who performed the curse were the Koyomi sisters?

It couldn't have been (both of) them, because one of the people who placed the curse on her (and the one that got it sent back at him due to Koyomi's interference} was a boy. I doubt it was either one of Koyomi's sisters, but I don't remember all the details, so I'll leave that question open for now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2009 7:36 AM
Dec 2008
I only hoped that they would have animated the the fight without that kuro and aka screen all the time.
Sep 15, 2009 7:39 AM

Apr 2009
AO968 said:
Haylias said:

It couldn't have been (both of) them, because one of the people who placed the curse on her (and the one that got it sent back at him due to Koyomi's interference} was a boy. I doubt it was either one of Koyomi's sisters, but I don't remember all the details, so I'll leave that question open for now.

I don't remember the "boy" part, must have misread.
Sep 15, 2009 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
What?
Haylias said:
AO968 said:
Haylias said:

I don't remember the "boy" part, must have misread.
There are 2 snakes, 1 had been purify from the ceremony, that snake was from the girl that love the boy who confessed to Nadeko(Confussed? Me too), and the other one is from the boy who was confessed by Nadeko, so both of them sent the snakes to Nadeko, i don't think Koyomi sisters is the one who cursed Nadeko,
Sep 15, 2009 7:54 AM

Jul 2009
mangekyoux said:
Hey if the last 3 were not from Bakemonogatari, is that means we will never saw Senjougahara again? damn that will be sucks
Sep 15, 2009 9:45 AM

Feb 2008
Fabrice said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG i love the new op (nadeko version)
..so kawaii
love her voice. and the soft music when there was flashback was nice
but then....wtf!!!
what happened...snake attack.. nadeko....NADEKO!!
but luckily shes alright

hehe you are so right. that is the best OP i have seen so far.

hehe you are so right. that is the best OP i have seen so far.

but you know....even monsters deserve to live.
kisamiSep 15, 2009 10:06 AM
Sep 15, 2009 10:53 AM

Aug 2007
Very nice and cute OP. Hmm, short arc. I didn't really like it, though. A bit boring, perhaps.I don't like the 'I'm under attack but it's not shown!' scene, because it's simply not shown. Just some blood, nothing more.

Laevantein: all four of the 4 female characters appeared in the trailer that mangekyoux posted, but I don't think they'll be main characters.

So, Tsubasa Cat? Is it about Hanekawa?
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 15, 2009 11:11 AM

Aug 2008
The thing is though, that it was totally Koyomi's speculation that it was a boy. We have no way of knowing what happened, and since we're basing this totally off of Nadeko's story, I have a hard time believing it since we've learned that:
a) we're always missing a piece of the puzzle
b) after Kanbaru's story, we know not to completely trust the girl with the oddity
But it was totally just rushed through, so it seemingly doesn't matter.
Sep 15, 2009 3:08 PM

May 2008
This episode was quite bizarre...and it had a LOT of screen cuts. It must have been difficult for the Seiyuu's to do this one considering the sound didn't match up with the images and the characters mouths weren't moving at all sometimes. Very complex, so kudos to them.

Sep 15, 2009 5:22 PM

May 2007
DeathfireD said:
Vinhthehero said:
Producer Shaft has previously been the subject of derision after it was revealed that the company is in dire and constant danger of failing to meet its production deadlines, presumably due to a lack of staff – in fact the company advertises on its website the fact that it is “urgently” recruiting animators.

Fans are hoping the missing scenes and incomplete animation will be restored/finished in the DVD version, but even so this hardly augurs well for future Shaft productions…

Source

Thanks for pointing that out. I was under the impression that they where censors since they left out some vocal lines too (ie. Voice / Line cut due to circumstances) and all the stills happened when Araragi was fighting the snake.

It's pretty sad that they're releasing work when it's not even finished though. I really hope they finish it for the DVD releases.

Well, this definitely helps explain that lack of animation in this episode and replacing it with the red/black scenes. Good to know.
Sep 15, 2009 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
ugg yeah.. Animation was definitely lacking in this one.. Otherwise it was a good episode.
Sep 15, 2009 8:43 PM

Jul 2008
Laevantein said:
mangekyoux said:
Hey if the last 3 were not from Bakemonogatari, is that means we will never saw Senjougahara again? damn that will be sucks

Shinobu will be in it too.
Sep 16, 2009 12:58 AM

Feb 2009

The previous story was much more interesting
Sep 16, 2009 4:22 AM

Jul 2009
Comedian said:

The previous story was much more interesting
We missed her do we
Sep 16, 2009 6:20 AM
Jul 2008
Creepy and really good, loved this episode. The new opening is a little weird in my opinion.
Sep 16, 2009 7:52 AM

Aug 2009
Another amazing episode! Nadeko is sooo cute! <3
I love the opening! Can't stop watching it XD
Sep 16, 2009 8:29 AM

Feb 2009
I think this anime is a work of art itself. It doesn't fail to amuse me, and the dialogue doesn't bore me at all.

That aside; BEST OP EVARRR!
Sep 16, 2009 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
Ahohime said:
I think this anime is a work of art itself. It doesn't fail to amuse me, and the dialogue doesn't bore me at all.

^This
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 16, 2009 8:41 AM

Aug 2009
Ahohime said:

100% agree xD
Sep 16, 2009 11:58 AM

Dec 2008
Morkand-san said:
Ahohime said:

100% agree xD
Yeah I can't stop watching that opening too. Love her voice. Wish there was a whole season of something with that opening.
Sep 16, 2009 12:08 PM

Apr 2007
saxophone said:
Morkand-san said:
Ahohime said:

100% agree xD
Yeah I can't stop watching that opening too. Love her voice. Wish there was a whole season of something with that opening.

dangerous idea
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2009 5:16 PM

Sep 2008
That girl. Better be in the next episodes.
Also lack of Tsukihi is depressing.
Sep 16, 2009 10:15 PM

Jan 2008
Well this arc finished up pretty fast. Nadeko was awesome, though I do miss Senjougahara. She needs more screen time.
Sep 17, 2009 12:20 AM

Aug 2007
EmeraldBliss said:

The series is simply bad. There's barely any development or progress each episode because the show wastes time with pointless dialogue. No, the dialogue isn't clever or funny, it's just dumb. The show hardly has any animation. Mostly eye shots and random splash screens. The story is a harem in disguise. It doesn't matter that he has a girl friend when they don't act the part. She's only a girlfriend by title. The CG backgrounds are tacky and distracting. It doesn't look natural at all. All the characters are flat and wooden. I don't care about a single one of them. The worst thing about the show, it's boring. I find myself bored during most of the episode.

Bakemonogatari is the most overrated show this season.

I kind of agree with the above post (from first page of the thread).
I thought I was the only one who didn't get what the hell's so cool about this show because it seems everyone loves it.
The scenes are nice but the flashes of images are irritatingly distracting.
The conversations may have some form of depth but they're dragging and moodless.
This whole show seems to have overdosed on conversations and lacks a whole lot of mood!

However, I do like the art, and the story does get creative, but the execution really really sucks and so it's boring for me.
But I respect that this is a favored show by a lot of people (for some reason I cannot fathom). I'm just different, I guess.

Sorry for the rant :P
Sep 17, 2009 1:55 AM

Jul 2008
The production quality of the animation in this episode was disturbingly bad. It's pretty asinine for them to blow their load on things like a new OP every other episode and have this kind of result on the actual episode.

I gave the episode a 2/5 because I could barely even bring myself to watch the second half of it.
Sep 17, 2009 3:44 AM

Jan 2009
sathepine said:
EmeraldBliss said:

The series is simply bad. There's barely any development or progress each episode because the show wastes time with pointless dialogue. No, the dialogue isn't clever or funny, it's just dumb. The show hardly has any animation. Mostly eye shots and random splash screens. The story is a harem in disguise. It doesn't matter that he has a girl friend when they don't act the part. She's only a girlfriend by title. The CG backgrounds are tacky and distracting. It doesn't look natural at all. All the characters are flat and wooden. I don't care about a single one of them. The worst thing about the show, it's boring. I find myself bored during most of the episode.

Bakemonogatari is the most overrated show this season.

I kind of agree with the above post (from first page of the thread).
I thought I was the only one who didn't get what the hell's so cool about this show because it seems everyone loves it.
The scenes are nice but the flashes of images are irritatingly distracting.
The conversations may have some form of depth but they're dragging and moodless.
This whole show seems to have overdosed on conversations and lacks a whole lot of mood!

However, I do like the art, and the story does get creative, but the execution really really sucks and so it's boring for me.
But I respect that this is a favored show by a lot of people (for some reason I cannot fathom). I'm just different, I guess.

Sorry for the rant :P

*facepalm*
I've got nothing else to say, really ┐(-。ー')┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 17, 2009 8:10 AM

Jan 2009
Zilpzalp said:
Bakemonogatari itself is awesome.

The way everything is done - the art, style, stories, the way everything happens etc - everything!

Really. I thought the anime was awesome before reading this forums, so I think that that is my real opinion.

Now you could've been me in disguise : o You're saying exactly what I'm thinking about this : 3
Sep 17, 2009 8:30 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Zilpzalp said:
Bakemonogatari itself is awesome.

The way everything is done - the art, style, stories, the way everything happens etc - everything!

Really. I thought the anime was awesome before reading this forums, so I think that that is my real opinion.

Now you could've been me in disguise : o You're saying exactly what I'm thinking about this : 3

So do I xD
Sep 17, 2009 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
Delicious, delicious pretentiousness.

Despite not being able to tell what was going on in most of the last half of this episode -- well, perhaps on account of it -- that scene was particularly intense for me, actually. I'd certainly like to see a properly filled-out version of it though.

Of course it's not normally that which one's familiar with that is scary.
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Sep 18, 2009 12:13 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone has their likes and dislikes, so there's no point in forcing those people who doesn't like the show to still watch the next episode. They can drop it if they want, there's no one stopping them.

The episode was awesome. The song is even more catchier than Ambivalent world. : D

Also, i heard a rumour that there were budget cuts, that's why there were so many title cards. It's too bad though, koyomi vs the snake might make a very nice fight scene like the rainy devil.
underMebiusSep 18, 2009 12:39 AM

Sep 18, 2009 1:46 AM

Aug 2009
I like how they have a new OP everytime a new character is introduced......however I am sick and tired of all these freakin lolis. Doesn't anyone else think that watching a little girl squirm and cry in a swimsuit is just straight out disgusting? Well, I do. >>

And wow, I didn't expect to see so much backlash against this anime lol. For me, I think the SHAFT (thats the production company, right?) really took a risk in portraying the show and a really good risk at that. Its something I've never seen done before.

Although, I do understand how one would think that the dialogue is boring. Its boring for me too. I zone out several times in each episode :P and it is a harem, no doubt about that. All girls, one guy, and they all fawn for him like there's no tomorrow. Yep, harem.

So according to Wikipedia, episode 11 comes out today. Hopefully it'll be fansubbed soon. I don't get how anybody that can't understand Japanese can watch an anime with only moonspeak and no subs haha

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 19, 2009 10:57 AM

Aug 2007
Ryuukishi said:
Everyone has their likes and dislikes, so there's no point in forcing those people who doesn't like the show to still watch the next episode. They can drop it if they want, there's no one stopping them.

I feel so stupid.
I should have dropped this anime after episode 1.
But I thought it would improve, since everyone seemed to like it.
Well it didn't, not for me anyway.

But... only 15 episodes huh?
I survived through 10 already - might as well finish the whole show, I guess.
Sep 19, 2009 5:21 PM

May 2008
This show already already feels like a slideshow.
But this episode was pushing it. Good grief.
Most slideshowy episode on a slideshowy show on a slideshowy anime producer.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 19, 2009 7:27 PM

Jun 2009
zzzz at the fight. If they actually finish it in time for the DVD releases I'll have to get them just cause bakemono is so awesome! Arc was pretty good, but fav one is still snail/crab
Sep 20, 2009 1:28 AM

Jan 2009
Nice ep. I thought the new girl died at the end, but I'm glad she survived. Next arc seems interesting.

Sep 20, 2009 2:55 AM

Dec 2008
nice opening but not so good like the Hachikuji opening in terms of lolz

Koyomi has a bad defence in fights, he should use a gun XD

I begin to like Kanbaru in the first eps where she made her appearance I hated her with passion.

I don't really want to see more freak of the (2)week(s),I would rather like to see episodes which centers Koyomi and Hitagi in daily situations.
Sep 20, 2009 10:10 AM

Jan 2009
Fabienne said:
I don't really want to see more freak of the (2)week(s),I would rather like to see episodes which centers Koyomi and Hitagi in daily situations.

^This, although we all probably know that won't be happening : (
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

25 by HeshamJohnny »»
Apr 13, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

517 by Murky304 »»
Apr 8, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 4, 2009

275 by artemis-cr »»
Apr 2, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 25, 2009

687 by 94jf »»
Apr 1, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

aulzon - Nov 2, 2009

240 by otakuanity »»
Mar 24, 6:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.