Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 25, 2011 5:39 AM
Jul 2011
So I take it the 1/10th part of our boy that is vampire just happens to be the part that stops vampires dying from conventional means.. how convenient! haha

N isn't it funny how every preson he finds that needs help with something supernatural just happens to be a girl (and a cute one at that)?
Jan 3, 2012 2:21 PM

Mar 2010
Good episode. I feel like I've now seen more of a realistic situational side of the story since Araragi couldn't save EVERYONE this time around. I also like the fact that the side characters kind of stick around but they kind of left out Hachikuji, so that's kind of a loop hole to that. Either way, good episode. Finally, we get around to the main climax of the story. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 7, 2012 10:07 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode. Sengoku is just hnnnngggg
Jan 9, 2012 5:43 PM

Jul 2010
damn, they were using to many eye-catches at the snake fight, i waswondering from time to time is the video was synced up or if my computer was getting slow, lol

Feb 9, 2012 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
Dear God that snake fight...

Whole time it was like BLACK SCREEN RED SCREEEN BLACK SCREEN RED SCREEN a second of fight footage BLACK SCREEN RED SCREEN BLACK SCREEN two seconds of footage of him standing there making me think the video was out of sync with the audio then BLACK SCREEN RED SCREEN.

Good episode though. Just got confused at that fight scene.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 11, 2012 6:18 AM

Jan 2012
again... Sengoku is cute. nice body *crap... she's still in middle school*

and i know Araragi will try to rescue Sengoku.. what a bloody one-sided match it is.

and the snake returns to the summoner, well f*ck him...
so the curse summoner is Sengoku's friend and the guy that confess to her? damn that must be rough for her
Feb 13, 2012 7:29 PM

Jun 2011
I was really surprised to hear Renai Circulation as the opening theme.
Feb 20, 2012 7:28 PM

Sep 2011
Such a cute opening!

Anyways, that was one intense episode! It started out pretty slow but picked up its pace pretty quickly. I liked it, but we need more Senjougahara! >:(
Mar 23, 2012 1:37 AM

Feb 2010
I thought dirty when she was getting snake raped ;x
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2012 8:11 PM
Apr 2012
The OP... AAH!
I loved this episode. Too much fanservice this time anyway.
Jun 14, 2012 6:34 PM

Feb 2012
I liked that one, even though it's maybe overrated, it's still decent/good.
Jul 5, 2012 5:27 PM

Nov 2011
1-tenth vampyre boy can take a lot of blows. o_O I'm still in awe over raincoat demon kicking out the center of his torso without rendering Araragi useless...He's a bit overpowered?

Poor Sengoku. :(

Next episode is Tsubasa's? Yay, I love her. :) Seeing some more depth on such a nice character will be nice. :) I guess her headaches were a bad thing...

OriginANIME said:

Anyways, that was one intense episode! It started out pretty slow but picked up its pace pretty quickly. I liked it, but we need more Senjougahara! >:(

Seriously, where is that girl? Araragi hangs around with too many cute girls that AREN'T his amazing girlfriend. >:(
Aug 3, 2012 5:54 PM

May 2012
Great episode really loved this arch wished it was one episode longer though! Up to the last arch!

Really loved this one though, hope the next one will be as good :D
Aug 7, 2012 2:06 PM

Nov 2011
Who cares about the freakin guy who cursed her! Screw him!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 19, 2012 2:34 PM

Jun 2012
Koyomi aint no bitch, too bad we dont get more Senjougahara, and it seems shes listed as a supporting character in the sequel, i guess she becomes more and more non relevant as the series goes on.
Sep 11, 2012 11:51 AM

Jan 2012
this opening ''Renai Circulation'' is what made me decide to watch this show.I heard the durarara version first.So far I love this show as weird as it is and that opening:x
Sep 14, 2012 9:09 PM

Jun 2010
So it really was playing the onii-chan moe stuff completely straight. What a snooze.
Oct 5, 2012 7:22 PM

May 2012
Great episode! I'm kinda unsatisfied with absence of Senjougahara (it's the second or third episode without her), but it's still very good. Amazing atmosphere and I liked Sengoku.

BTW, what's with that white, red and black screens that appear very often? I don't get it.
Oct 11, 2012 12:32 AM

Aug 2012
The opening is so chill , \m/ consume cannabis on a daily basis
Jan 10, 2013 11:39 PM

Aug 2012
t-t-t-t-two snakes :O
Mar 15, 2013 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode. I hope Oshino won't go away, he is still probably the most interesting character here.
Mar 19, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode, and I love how they have new opening almost every episode. They need to give Hitagi more screen time though!
Apr 2, 2013 5:44 AM
Jul 2012
so Koyomi forcefully removed one snake, and you see the other snake is still in Nadeko's body, yet at the end of the episode, she's fine. What happened to the other snake.
Or it's an error of animation and the first snake was removed by the ritual and the scond snake was the one forcefully removed. IDK
Apr 17, 2013 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
"I know I asked you to give her something so we can see the scales disappearing, but why a school swimsuit of all things?!"
"I was trying to appeal to your fetishes"
"Don't do that!!!"
"So you admit it's a fetish of yours?"

omfg I'm dying xD
Apr 24, 2013 2:18 PM

Jan 2013
It was good. The color kanji annoyed me more this time though. Kinda wish they had another episode for this arc though maybe that's all the material they had (idk I haven't read the light novels).
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 25, 2013 7:16 AM

Dec 2012
I like pretty much every part's climax so far in the show. Hope there is something that can really make me go a big wow though. The conversations are really good although sometimes I do feel it becomes a drag (especially Hachikuji arc) but lately its been good.
May 8, 2013 12:42 PM

May 2012
This arc was disappointing imo, especially compared to the previous one. Nadeko felt really generic and her back story of how she just happened to fall for her friend's brother and kept liking him all the time is very convenient.
Jun 4, 2013 8:18 AM

Nov 2012
I love the op so much.. so moe huh ? lol :p

from this episode I start to like the anime btw.. its just getting better and better :D
Jun 8, 2013 10:09 AM

Feb 2013
Koyomi is too kind. He shouldn't have went through the trouble of trying to stop the snakes from going back to those who summoned the curse. It is just like what they said, "What goes around, comes around".

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 14, 2013 6:31 AM
Mar 2013
Ehh, I want more Senjougahara and Hanekawa-chan, I didn't liked this snake-girl. Also, i think it's not good idea with introduce even more girls than now... I hope in next arcs shouldn't be another new characters. But I liked the anime and i even don't think about drop it.
Jul 3, 2013 10:28 AM

Oct 2012
This anime is getting better and better.
Jul 14, 2013 6:42 AM

Jul 2013
watched the Blue Ray version with uncensored fight scenes...
DAMM DAT WAS INTENSE o_o
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Apr 2013
Another fierce battle between Araragi and the supernatural. It was painful but the fight with the Monkey Demon was way more brutal.
Jul 17, 2013 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Such a good opening.
Jul 19, 2013 5:54 AM

Apr 2012
The missing animation bothered me a little bit but not enough to put a damper on an amazing series :3 The animation and artwork they DO put out for this is seriously stunning, and I love all the characters! I agree the Monkey fight was better though.
Jul 21, 2013 2:41 AM

Jul 2012
EmeraldBliss said:
omimon said:
EmeraldBliss said:
this show keeps getting dumber

I think I'll soon drop it

Clearly you don't understand the inside jokes of the show. Honestly, you will just end up being the one that loses out in the end.

I understand the jokes fine. The series is simply bad. There's barely any development or progress each episode because the show wastes time with pointless dialogue. No, the dialogue isn't clever or funny, it's just dumb. The show hardly has any animation. Mostly eye shots and random splash screens. The story is a harem in disguise. It doesn't matter that he has a girl friend when they don't act the part. She's only a girlfriend by title. The CG backgrounds are tacky and distracting. It doesn't look natural at all. All the characters are flat and wooden. I don't care about a single one of them. The worst thing about the show, it's boring. I find myself bored during most of the episode.

Bakemonogatari is the most overrated show this season.

+1
Aug 4, 2013 2:41 PM

Jun 2011
The random flashy things were so cool in the first few eps, but I'm currently marathoning the series and I feel a headache coming =S
Sep 12, 2013 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
Nice twist by having two snakes in the end.
Sep 16, 2013 7:04 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, I don't think Araragi has a single malicious bone in his body. He tries to save everyone, even the people who bring about the evil stuff, and even if its all at his expense. Even if he knows he can't, he still comes close to death trying. Araragi's becoming one of my favorite protagonists.

Oh yeah, and that opening is super-cute and boppin'! Love it.
Oct 19, 2013 10:46 AM
Sep 2013
Those last two arcs were rather boring and uninteresting...

I'll finish this I guess because the first two arcs were great and I like the style of the show..
Nov 15, 2013 11:33 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was ok.

I just went to check the tv version afterwards to see what people were complaining about and daaaaamn they improved the animation so much in the bluray. It was a good decision to not watch this back when it aired.
Dec 20, 2013 6:57 AM

Oct 2013
that was a short arc, i want more senjougahara!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 27, 2013 12:37 PM

Oct 2013
What I learned today: Only save people who you think are "good". F*ck the rest.
Dec 29, 2013 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
The snake ritual/fight was so stressful, I was on the edge of my seat.

As always, the art was really interresting, I liked those random ''widescreen'' moment.

Nadeko is cute, though, I don't understand why the girl that liked the boy who asked her was mad to Nadeko, I mean, it is to her advantage, no?

The ending was kinda sad. Sure, he cursed her, but I don't think he meant to kill her. But a curse always have perverse effect, I guess it's the price to pay.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 1, 2014 1:29 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nice plot twist on Nadeko's snake curse. Although I was expecting to see maybe more Senjougahara, but I guess she's irrelevant right now. Oh well poor guy will have to deal with Karma. You play with fire you'll get burned and in this case the guy cursed Nadeko, and that one snake will come back to haunt him.

Yippee!! Tsubasa's arc is next. I've been waiting for her arc since she first appeared.

Feb 27, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2013
Man Ararararagi-kun sure does get hurt a lot, it's a good thing his body can heal so quickly. I'm really enjoying this :D
Apr 24, 2014 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
That exorcism scene was l e w d.
Apr 27, 2014 11:28 AM

Jun 2013
worst arc so far!!! it was painfully boring, nothing special, and simply pointless.

for a show that is character / dialogue driven, the characters are kinda boring, except for Hitagi.. but well she doesn't get much screen time lately.

I don't care for the characters, i don't like them, I dont hate them.. they can die, they can live, i simply dont care! and that's bad for this kinda show..

I am 10 episodes in so I will bare with it till the end.. but I won't follow the sequels :(
May 10, 2014 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
the new opening is really really awesome!! :"D
Jun 1, 2014 3:57 AM

Mar 2014
Snake constrictor ... is a curse born from spite and made from a weird spell!! An amateur can came out with this curse!? ... (but its just an amateur after all.. edit : shit a revelation it wasn't just one but two!! Damn people why you do this kind of things!!)
The Ritual begins!!
Nadeko's flashbacks was nice!!
Damn Araragi !! you should know better!! (well.. he is an idiot sometimes..)
A Revelation!!
Araragi on a desperate situation!! Those Snakes are stubborn!!
Violent but coward!! a true fact for snakes!!
Snake venom is twice as powerful as a serious illness !! be careful with that!!
Kanbaru was pretty good on the role even if it was a harsh one.
Araragi just have a strong tendency to save anyone from anything .. its not your fault though. Because its good to save anyone but don't over exaggerate your limits.
Nadeko snake ends.
Good ending at the least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
9 hours ago

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

25 by HeshamJohnny »»
Apr 13, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

517 by Murky304 »»
Apr 8, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 4, 2009

275 by artemis-cr »»
Apr 2, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 25, 2009

687 by 94jf »»
Apr 1, 8:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.