15th Anniversary
Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Choujuu Kishin Dancougar Episode 38 Discussion

Apr 12, 2014 1:56 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The epilogue sequence for the storyline about Sara and Shapiro was movingly presented (I liked the slightly expanded version of the second ED which played over it), but that storyline, the best thing in this series, got barely any development. It could have been much better if more effort had been put into it.

Although this is the last episode, it doesn't have a proper ending to the story as a whole. I guess it got cancelled. An OVA was made a year or two later which did provide an ending, though.

Apr 27, 2016 12:40 AM

It's a shame that it got canceled, which seems like a common thing for good mecha shows. At least it's one of the few ones that got a movie finale, just like Ideon. The final episodes really showed that it was getting cancelled.

Overall it was a really good show with great mecha progression. I really liked how they started with the base mechs and later introduced the two forms. Dancouga itself didn't even appear until 16 episodes in, which I assume hurt the ratings, but I actually really liked that.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Apr 27, 2016 1:27 AM

@ZetaZaku
Unlike Ideon though, the epilogue comes as an OVA, which definitely reflects the change in anime of the time.

Dec 15, 2017 3:34 PM

Man, I really wish this didn't have an "Watch the OVA" ending - especially since the OVA and movie haven't been licensed yet.

Jul 13, 8:40 AM
Luna's death was a real laugh-out-loud moment for me. To be killed by accident right in the middle of your big monologue about your own greatness, while the CBF didn't even notice you (or even knew who she was), was super satisfying. Shapiro had at least a real significance for the plot. Luna did absolutely nothing........

Overall a solid finale with an ova to finish the story. I think the first half was very repetitive and slow, but the second half really picked up. A 7/10 for me.

Sep 16, 4:55 AM

Interesting and unique way to leave it open for a sequel (especially considering that this series was abruptly canceled)

The main four ranged from decent to great Masato being the least and Shinobu being the most.

Laura really didn't do anything or add anything... General Igor was really generic but Alan and the scientist guy were nice support characters.

I guess a 7/10 (it'd be a 6/10 but I know that they DID in fact manage a sequel so an extra point for that)
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.