Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2014 6:18 AM
Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder, if Kari and Ken can escape the digital world, can Daemon escape it as well? Sooner or later I bet that guy will find a way.

But for now I guess we can celebrate that our favorite digidestined have successfully beaten a mega level digimon. There's a first time for everything!

Jan 15, 2015 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, these D3 devices can do more than a swiss army knife

I think it was a good decision that Ken explained everything to his parents. I would do the same
Jun 24, 2016 8:35 AM

Feb 2013
I wonder what happened to Demon after he was sent to that world, he seemed to know that place.
Mar 24, 2017 9:59 AM

Dec 2010
Damn, what a shame. They get rid of Daemon too son and too easily, he could be main villain for this series, would be much better than actual result...

But for now I guess we can celebrate that our favorite digidestined have successfully beaten a mega level digimon. There's a first time for everything!

Wasn`t Skullsatamon Mega? I think so.
May 6, 2017 7:20 PM

Apr 2017
tearofmankind said:

I guess not, based on this wiki:
https://wikimon.net/Skull_Satamon

If skullsatamon can digievolve to Demon (a mega digimon) then he's not mega but a prior forme => he's "Perfect" level

I liked this episode. It was nice to refer to the dark ocean, and even call it "Dagomon ocean". It was a nice move as sometimes in adv02, the digidestined tend to forget what they learnt, or to ignore better ways of handling problems (MagnaAngemon for example, instead of the tea pot?)

This plot is actually interesting.
--------
May 8, 2017 3:42 PM

Dec 2010
argentino_kek said:
tearofmankind said:

I guess not, based on this wiki:
https://wikimon.net/Skull_Satamon

If skullsatamon can digievolve to Demon (a mega digimon) then he's not mega but a prior forme => he's "Perfect" level

Strange, he gave them heavy beating. With all those Burst-evolution, X-fusion, Biomerge, Mega I, Mega II and so on, right know everything is possible in Digimon, so I won`t say that this can serve as any indication.

Demon was cool. Period.
Nov 22, 2019 7:22 PM

May 2008
Why does it seem this animator does all the potentially "cool" episodes? I swear.

Daisuke and Ken seem preeeeetty gay for each other. Let's be honest here. Shu continues to be cool unlike his little brother, glad he got attention.

Anyway, watching this ep gave me an idea. Why couldn't 02 be about Demon and Millenniummon? Millenniummon is connected via Dark Seed and Chimeramon and Demon, who if you go read his backstory on the Digimon wikia, is amazing and is connected to many other super strong and damn awesome digimon (seriously go read those backstories!). There's plenty there that can involve both new and old CC and really dig deep in the Digimon lore. Maybe some of this didn't exist back in 2000s, but man what a missed opportunity.

Plus, they obviously wanted to add Ryo (considering Tamers ended up doing despite him not being central to the story whatsoever).

If only the team wasn't so heavily mismanaged and a mess....

But, yeah, episode sucked, but Demon. He's dindu nothin. (It's never stated what happens after Ken loses the Dark Seed nor what Demon wanted with it, sooo why wouldn't they hand it over? Other than Demon looking evil? Plus, why can't he leave the Dark Ocean just as easy as the DW? He knew about Dagomon and was laughing about it. Didn't sound like it'd be much of a problem. Ahh, why am I asking questions I already know why.)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 50 Discussion

FarAwayTimes - Nov 12, 2010

30 by ReeeDr »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

11 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 25, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 17 Discussion

Chouninatte - Mar 27, 2014

7 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 8 Discussion

dolphin456 - Apr 5, 2012

9 by PureStone »»
Aug 5, 2023 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.