Forum Settings
Forums

^Suggest an anime to the person above you^

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

Jan 22, 2008 10:52 PM

Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu or Gintama.

Jan 23, 2008 9:00 AM

^kasumisama: So, this time I'm going to stick to your plan to watch list. And out of the things you might watch anyway, I've only seen Planetes, Baccano! and a few episodes of Gankutsuou.

Gut feeling? Out of those three, I'd guess that you'd actually like Gankutsuou best as long the animation style didn't bother you. I have nothing to back that up other than our shared anime list -- which is odd, since it's been sitting on my plan to watch list since, like, the day I joined. Otherwise, probably Planetes over Baccano!

(P.S. I've never watched Bobobo (?), but I'll second that Gintama's funny!)
Modified by lowell, Jan 23, 2008 9:11 AM

Jan 23, 2008 10:28 AM

^

You might want to try Darker than Black. It reminded me a lot of Cowboy Bebop, and I see that it's in your favorite anime list :D

@ichikiba Go for Rosario + Vampire then :D Oh and I actually, I've seen that movie before but I didn't add it to my list cause I only saw the Tagalog dub :D I'll watch it again in Japanese dub soon.

@kab3451 I was planning to watch those but I forgot XD Thanks for reminding me :D

Jan 23, 2008 11:22 AM

jet2r0cks - Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu, Juuni Kokuki & Simoun.

Jan 23, 2008 5:30 PM

ichikiba said:
UltraTien said:
ichikiba said:
I'll go with Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie. I have no clue where to find it, though.

Its rather easy to find actually, every store that carries anime DVD's usually has a copy of it, I have a VHS copy from back in the 90's.

Really? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Yeah most stores around my area have two or three different versions of the movie for $10 - $20. (Different box art, same movie), its pretty rare and expensive online though since I believe they are out of print.

LilaJean247: If you liked the randomness of Bobobo you'd probably like Cromartie Highschool. Although its not done in a "cute" style like Bobobo or Excel Saga.

kasumisama: Seen Samurai Champloo already, just forgot to put it on my list. Yeah haven't met that many people that have similar taste as I do. Anyway I have a feeling you might like Aura Battler Dunbine.

Jan 23, 2008 7:05 PM

^ Platinum Ordian my friend, it's a great mech series, I may have already suggested it, but it's something I like to give to people.

Jan 23, 2008 8:07 PM

^ Spring and Chaos great poetry needs no introduction

Jan 23, 2008 8:49 PM

^ Heavy Metal L-Gaim and Metal Armor Dragonar are for you since you rated all those U.C. Gundam stuff so well

Jan 23, 2008 8:49 PM

^
EDIT: Ultratien: Hmm, your higher scores are all things I've never seen before. To be safe, I'm going to recommend the Animatrix.

tranceotaku: I sense a mecha fan! Macross Plus OVA.
Modified by madeener, Jan 23, 2008 8:52 PM

Jan 23, 2008 9:04 PM

^Seen Animatrix already, forgot to put it on my list

For you Macross Zero, also I think you may like Double Zeta Gundam.

Jan 24, 2008 12:17 AM

^ Full metal panic

Jan 24, 2008 12:44 AM

Its hard to tell what you like since you have given everything a high score on your list. I guess I would suggest Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Everyone is crazy over that, so maybe you will be too.

Jan 24, 2008 12:54 AM

^ Judging by your tastes in eye-popping avant-garde mindf*cks, try Dead Leaves.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Jan 24, 2008 3:38 AM

^ I'll say, "School Rumble" and "School Rumble Ni Gakki" for you, since you seem to enjoy school life/comedy. It might not be your cup of tea since it's a parady anime though, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Jan 24, 2008 4:05 AM
Bone Idle Perv

^Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Took a while to find a good anime that you haven't seen, seems like you give any anime a try and i think you will like Higurashi.

Killer school girls FTW

Jan 24, 2008 9:48 AM

^ i have a feeling you'd like ef-tale of memories. its got cute girls (its a harem) but its got a great story to it

Jan 24, 2008 10:09 AM

Looks like you got some shoujo at the top of your list, but most of the relationship based stuff is set lower. Check out Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu, that's one of the best magic girl based animes out there.

Sam is my sweet peach

Jan 24, 2008 10:33 AM

^ Check Soul link, pretty nice anime :)

Jan 24, 2008 11:27 AM

^ Yu Yu Hakusho, you have it On Hold, at 110/112 with a 10 score, what's with that? Finish that up.

Jan 24, 2008 12:16 PM

^Hakaba Kitarou, because it has the best first episode of the season.

Jan 24, 2008 1:57 PM

^kasumisama

Definately Lucky Star, if you like Minami-Ke, you'll love it n_n

Jan 24, 2008 2:07 PM

R-chan,
Checked your list and didn't see Black Lagoon on there. You gotta check it out!

Jan 24, 2008 2:31 PM

^ I see you've seen all of Initial D, then perhaps Wangan Midnight would be for you. Nothing like Initial D racing-wise, but it's okay imo.

Jan 24, 2008 5:41 PM

^ Yo. Tweeny Witches for you.

Jan 24, 2008 5:46 PM

^ with your Mindgame rating, I say Noiseman Sound Insect would be a great watch for you, it's awesome, Studio 4C at it's best yet again. Also may say Eternal Family although i didn't check if you've seen it yet.

Jan 24, 2008 9:03 PM

iwatch2muchanime: I just realized... you don't have Major on your list. I don't know how you'll feel about the later seasons but I think you should at least give season 1 a shot. It's a baseball anime and the first season focuses on when Goro is very young (5-9 yrs old ish?) and it's got comedy and competition and drama and I think it's just really enjoyable to watch.

P.S. So, I understand why no dropped/on-hold animes -- but why no "plan to watch"? ;P
Modified by lowell, Jan 24, 2008 9:16 PM

Jan 24, 2008 9:13 PM

because in essence, I plan to watch everything.

Jan 24, 2008 9:17 PM

I guess that makes sense. I just like using plan to watch as an indication of taste. ;)

Jan 24, 2008 9:17 PM

my taste involves everything.

Jan 24, 2008 9:18 PM

Okay, okay, I get it. I surrender! ^.^

Jan 24, 2008 9:21 PM

Undrop Oh Edo Rocket. You didn't get to the good part yet

Jan 24, 2008 9:30 PM

lowellagain said:
Okay, okay, I get it. I surrender! ^.^

Better

Jan 24, 2008 10:27 PM

iwatch2muchanime: I see you rated Aria a 9/10, so try Aria: The Natural (second season) and Aria: The Origination (third season, just started about a couple of weeks ago).

Jan 24, 2008 10:54 PM

^

It's always difficult with people who like everything they watch. However, you recommended Aria and you also like Fruits Basket and Full Moon, so I'm going to push for you to watch some of Junichi Sato's (director of Aria) more fantastical works. Here's what I recommend to you, Belle Cantata

- Kaleido Star
- Princess Tutu
- Pretear

Jan 24, 2008 11:03 PM

^ Mmm.. I think I recommended School Rumble to you last time. After looking through your list again, I'll say "Terra e/Toward the Terra". I ended up watching it not too long ago and ended up loving it. I'm not completely sure you'd like it or not, but imo, I think it's one of those animes that everyone has to give a chance.

Jan 24, 2008 11:24 PM

MistaCloudStrife said:
^ Mmm.. I think I recommended School Rumble to you last time. After looking through your list again, I'll say "Terra e/Toward the Terra". I ended up watching it not too long ago and ended up loving it. I'm not completely sure you'd like it or not, but imo, I think it's one of those animes that everyone has to give a chance.

I've been told on multiple occasions now in this thread to start School Rumble back up and I will do just that. "Terra e" is also one of the very few anime I planned to buy this year, though I just hope Bandai can fix their DVD encoding problems before then.

Judging by your favorite anime, I'll recommend Baccano. I seem to be recommending that one a lot, and your favorites list seems to fit the bill. It's a thinker and a thrill ride with one of the most diverse and unique cast of characters ever assembled.

Jan 25, 2008 7:34 AM
Bone Idle Perv

^Okami to Koshinryo

Its new, and so far very sweet.

Jan 25, 2008 12:00 PM

^Chrono Cruasde
Since you seem to like a bit of action series, and because it's a great anime series, with a very good story.

Jan 25, 2008 12:34 PM

Looks like alot of the more realistic relationship type animes head your list. Try some of the World Masterpiece theater animes on for size. Things like Anne of Green Gables or Little Women or maybe even Les Misérables if you don't mind waiting 5 years for subs.
Modified by TheWestExit, Jan 25, 2008 12:42 PM

Sam is my sweet peach

Jan 25, 2008 1:13 PM

You hate anime so you I recommend nothing.

maybe Koharu Biyori, which I gave 6/10 :P

real suggestion: I don't know.. ghost hound?

Jan 25, 2008 1:21 PM

^Mononoke & Hakaba Kitarou. Or Honey & Clover if you want something a bit more normal.

Jan 25, 2008 1:25 PM

^ -selective_yellow- Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

You seem to like various types of anime and I really enjoyed this one. Movie.

EDIT: Kasumisama

"Yakitate!! Japan" I see you're reading the manga already too. =)
Modified by MistaCloudStrife, Jan 25, 2008 1:29 PM

Jan 25, 2008 1:27 PM
Selective_yellow, your list is lacking in Mushishi and Haibane Renmei. I suggest you correct this ASAP.

You'd probably like Black Lagoon, too.
Modified by Retired, Jan 25, 2008 1:33 PM

Jan 25, 2008 1:37 PM
selective_yellow -
Well, as a fellow higurashi + baccano lover i'de easily recommend awesome action~horror anime
you've seen and planning to see good stuff..so..i guess from your plan to watch list i'de recommend you see soon black cat, higukai and tokyo majin

not from your list though, u might wanna check out speed grapher, which kinda resembles darker than black, which you gave a 10 to
and also maybe basilisk, which is pretty ninjarific

RandomHajile -
You're just not satisfied with good action anime, and apparently comedy isnt your cup of tea either so...as a NON mushishi lover, i'de take a long shot here and recommend Blood+, which you've dropped, but maybe it's worth another shot
and maybe also Gungrave will do good for you
you're a hard one to crack~.~

Jan 25, 2008 1:43 PM
KyonSenpai said:

RandomHajile -
You're just not satisfied with good action anime, and apparently comedy isnt your cup of tea either so...as a NON mushishi lover, i'de take a long shot here and recommend Blood+, which you've dropped, but maybe it's worth another shot

I'm a bit strict with my ratings. Keep in mind that a 7 from me is not a bad rating (it's my standard "I liked it" rating), and even a 6 means I at least kind of liked a show. It isn't until 5 or below that I really regret bothering.

As far as Blood+ and Wolf's Rain (which you recommended to me earlier), I've caught quite a few episodes of both on Adult Swim, but they both failed to hold my interest. Yet I don't really remember enough about either to give an objective rating.

I've also seen Gungrave. It started off well enough, and the origin story leading up to Brandon's "fall" was good, but I thought everything after that could have been done a lot better.

Edit:
kasumisama said:
Your anime compatibility with RandomHajile is: Very High 0.70

That's probably the highest I've seen.

It's certainly up there, though I've seen a .47 with Coxwain. Still, the last time I saw your list I ended up taking quite a few notes for my "plan to watch" list.
Modified by Retired, Jan 25, 2008 2:04 PM

Jan 25, 2008 1:45 PM

^Hakaba Kitarou, because you ranked Mononoke so highly.

Your anime compatibility with RandomHajile is: Very High 0.70

That's probably the highest I've seen.

Jan 25, 2008 1:57 PM

^Zegapain

Jan 25, 2008 2:04 PM
RandomHajile said:
KyonSenpai said:

RandomHajile -

I'm a bit strict with my ratings. Keep in mind that a 7 from me is not a bad rating (it's my standard "I liked it" rating), and even a 6 means I at least kind of liked a show. It isn't until 5 or below that I really regret bothering.

As far as Blood+ and Wolf's Rain (which you recommended to me earlier), I've caught quite a few episodes of both on Adult Swim, but they both failed to hold my interest. Yet I don't really remember enough about either to give an objective rating.

I've also seen Gungrave. It started off well enough, and the origin story leading up to Brandon's "fall" was good, but I thought everything after that could have been done a lot better.

Hmm i see
in that case i'll go a different direction and perhaps recommend one of the .Hack series, maybe ROOTS
also, if you are interested in a good samurai anime, not quite similar to champloo, but good enough, you might wanna check out Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto

those two are pretty much long shots in the pitch dark, but i think you'll like them

also, just to be sure you do find something you like, i do recommend you start watchin denno coil, which is on your plan list
have'nt seen it myself yet, but you'de most likely love it

meh that's one long boredom-made recommendation~.~

Jan 25, 2008 3:13 PM

^ You have Blood + on there with a high score, abut not Blood: The Last Vampire, which is a great movie and much bettr than the serires, so you need to check that out.

Jan 25, 2008 10:55 PM

^iwatch2muchanime: Why isn't Gintama on your list? I'm recommending that! Because it's silly and funny and entertaining in a random, jumbled sort of way that I think you'd find amusing. Minami-ke has got a very similar vibe to it, even though the setting and premise are obviously very different. I like it and even though there are small differences in taste and preference between us, I think you'll find it entertaining enough to merit checking out a handful of episodes.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »