Forum Settings
Forums

^Suggest an anime to the person above you^

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

Jan 20, 2008 12:14 PM

@ jellocross: we seem to have simlar tastes on a lot of things so i really suggest Kimi ga Nozomu Eien from ur plan to watch. you'd definitly like it. also if u do like azumanga you should definitly watch pani poni dash its hilarious.

@iwatch2muchanime..is that even real...??? wtf thats like incredible and wacky and unbelievable.

Jan 20, 2008 12:24 PM

Xjellocross said:
I didn't even see it on your list O.o

Yikes! You're right. Alright I just added it in. Sorry for wasting your time.

Sir above, Haibane Renmei.

Jan 20, 2008 12:27 PM

I suggest Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e to you. You seem to like that type of thing (Mononoke kind of, Dennou Coil, and you have Ghost Hound on PTW).
And watch Ghost Hound now :D

Jan 20, 2008 12:39 PM

This is a bit sifficult since you seem to like many different genres, but I think I would recommend Chrono Crusade, since you seem to like action and a good story, else, I would also recommend AIR, since you like Clannad.

Jan 20, 2008 12:39 PM

windy: Ooh. Looks really interesting. Thanks

For you, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen.

EDIT: 'cause my reply came 30 seconds late lol.

E-chan, you could use the same show :D

Jan 20, 2008 1:09 PM

Hmmm try Utawarerumono... if you like feudal stuff/samurai, or where firearms don't exist. :3

Jan 20, 2008 1:25 PM

ChiBuki: Maybe Fate/Stay Night? The series has some romance, action, and fantasy elements, kind of like Shakugan no Shana.

Jan 20, 2008 1:37 PM

lol what? ChiB hasn't watched fate/stay night? O.o

As for you Belle, I suggest ef~ A Tale of Memories, one of the best romantic dramas of 2007 =)

Jan 20, 2008 1:37 PM

BelleCantala: you seem to like music anime shows (and so do i) and you also seem to like shoujo. hmmm you defenitely should watch Honey & Clover. it's a great romance story with a great soundtrack. if you are to watching shows that are more for a younger audience give Tiny snow fairy sugar a try, because its got a lot of music in it and it's a very heartwarming story. (but theres no real romance in it)

Jan 20, 2008 1:39 PM

^^ Since you seem to like shows with cute lolis, go watch Bottle Fairy and Ichigo Mashimaro now.

^ Airtv fan? I recommend Kanon 06

Jan 20, 2008 1:45 PM

lindork: I would suggest watching Ayashi no Ceres since you've seen Fushigi Yugi. It's also by Yuu Watase and it's excellent.

Jan 20, 2008 1:55 PM

^ Kyou Kara Maou! Since you seem to like a lot of comedy, adventure, fantasy-type anime. I haven't seen it but it seems to get good marks.

Jan 20, 2008 2:49 PM

^ Looking at your list, I was thinking of a hentai at first, then decided to go with Kodomo no Jikan, you rates Minami-Ke and Ichigo Mashimaro highly and so I believe you may like Kodomo, unless you have something against loli's and pedophiles.

@ Frequencity, is what even rela? that anime I recommended? Of course!

Jan 20, 2008 3:58 PM

I would Suggest you ( ^ ) Gunslinger Girl - Il Teatrino. Although it seems a bit worst than the 1st season its still the same spirit (i hope it continues like that)

Jan 20, 2008 4:43 PM

Its really not fair, you guys have all watched way more than me!!!! :'(

I'll go with Samurai Champloo, if you like Cowboy Bebop theres at least a chance you'll like it!

Edit: then again you probably dont like samurai stuff, sorry :(

Jan 20, 2008 5:02 PM

^ I'll go with a classic and suggest Fullmetal Alchemist -- plenty of action and amazing characters.

Jan 20, 2008 5:13 PM

Ria: well, considering you have a HUGE plan to watch list, full of almost every shoujo show... i'm gonna say you should watch honey and clover FIRST.. it's just a must see for anyone who like shoujo, and you seem to like shoujo. also, since you liked air, i'd reccomend ef-tale of memories.

Jan 20, 2008 5:21 PM

Dunno if you'd really like it or not since you've dropped Nana, but I'll recommend it anyways.

"Beck"

Similar to Nana, but the drama taken a few notches down. It can go by a bit slow, but I thoroughly enjoyed it myself.

Jan 20, 2008 6:38 PM

i recommend Himawari its about a school of ninja girls and an ordinary guy if forced to work there and one of the students fall in love with him

Jan 20, 2008 6:47 PM

^ Seeing as you liked Spirited Away, I suggest Princess Mononoke, since it's another Ghibli Film.

Jan 20, 2008 6:53 PM

Full Metal Panic the second raid.

Jan 20, 2008 6:53 PM

kasumisama said:
Mahoraba ~Heartful days~

It's a romance/comedy and it's got likable characters and a feel-good vibe.

Ataraxia - More people need to watch this show. You included.

DjRyuji: Twelve Kingdoms, because its epic awesome.

Jan 20, 2008 7:18 PM

MistaCloudStrife said:
Dunno if you'd really like it or not since you've dropped Nana, but I'll recommend it anyways.

"Beck"

Similar to Nana, but the drama taken a few notches down. It can go by a bit slow, but I thoroughly enjoyed it myself.

the only reason i dropped nana was because it was a letdown in comparison to the manga :P i love the manga though. hmmm... beck looks interesting i have to check it out thanks <3

edit: looking over your list, i really cant give you reccomendations since it seems like there are a lot of things we dont agree on... but I'd say since you havent watched "the place promised in our early days" you defenitely should. its a great movie. oh, and i see thats on your list already x__x;;;;;
Modified by katsup, Jan 20, 2008 7:25 PM

Jan 20, 2008 7:39 PM

Are you talking to me? I have it on DVD....somewhere. I need to find it and watch it. D:

I'll give you a recommendation of Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu, because you like shoujo, and it has a unique artistic style you might like, seeing how you like things like FLCL.

Jan 20, 2008 9:50 PM

^Hm. Okay, I don't know if you're watching Saiunkoku Monogatari for the period (which seems more likely since you liked Juuni Kokuki so much) or the reverse harem-ness (since you gave OHSHC a good score too)... but I'm actually going to recommend a j-drama since I have no shot at coming up with another anime recommendation for you that hasn't been said yet. ;) The Japanese live-action of Hana-Kimi might be worth a shot if you've got some time on your hands one day? There's no anime version yet, I think. There is a manga, and it's basically about a girl who pretends to be a boy and goes to a boy's school to be closer to this guy she wants to help -- it's cute and entertaining when you just want some mindless high school romance.

Jan 21, 2008 1:46 AM

^ First, I want to say I got Akagi and I'll get to watching it when I have time.

As for a suggestion for you. I'll say "Speed Grapher" since you seem to be enjoying Monster at the moment. It has a similar feel to it, but there are some obvious differences. For example, it isn't as realistic and the action scenes aren't so far apart from each other as in Monster. It was one of the animes that I just watched all the way through, so I actually don't remember much from it except for pieces of the beginning and ending, but I DO remember enjoying it. =)

Jan 21, 2008 4:41 AM

i would say gundamm 00 be something for you

our shared anime is pretty high so, and i see you watching a bit mecha so gundam 00 could be something for you..

Jan 21, 2008 4:54 AM

'Might wanna check out Cowboy Bebop. That's kinda like a stapple of every anime watcher's diet.

Sam is my sweet peach

Jan 21, 2008 5:59 AM
TheWestExit -
Looks like you enjoy a good weird horror shows, with lots of creepy stuff
you liked paprika and paranoia agent and stuff like that
and you gave Monster a 10
So..i guess i'll suggest the obvious - Elfen Lied
though i dont understand how it isnt in your list already Oo
it's kind of a long shot, since you quitted Blood+ [OMG why the hell did you do that. Blasphemy man. Profanity]

but you just cannot not love it, amazing anime~
Modified by Luck, Jan 21, 2008 6:04 AM

Jan 21, 2008 6:17 AM

Well from the looks of our shared anime it seems you like action-fighting type anime so my recommendation to you would be Karas, its a 6 episode long Ova series with great visuals and quite a few epic fighting scenes ^^,

Jan 21, 2008 7:27 AM

Considering you rated Honey and Clover so high on your list perhaps you would want to see Honey and Clover II.

Jan 21, 2008 7:52 AM
Triethanolamine said:
Well from the looks of our shared anime it seems you like action-fighting type anime so my recommendation to you would be Karas, its a 6 episode long Ova series with great visuals and quite a few epic fighting scenes ^^,

lol what a coincidence i was actually about to start watchin that tommorow XD

ahh dam i guess if post here i gotta make a recommendation
meh well, might as well already

ummm
asandari -
actually we have pretty much the opposit taste ~.~
i'm not really sure bout i"s pure and stuff like that
but you like NHK, and that's good enough for me
i'll say it once, i'll say it twice, i'll say it a hundred times - GENSHIKEN!
for you and for the whole world

all hail genshiken~
i cant see anyone not liking that anime o:
Modified by Luck, Jan 21, 2008 7:55 AM

Jan 21, 2008 9:56 AM

D: You didn't rate your series, KyonSenpai. But hmm, based on your favorites I can't really make a recommendation, but on your list I noticed you watched Mushishi. Thusly, I recommend Kino no Tabi to you. Philosophical, with an awesome main character. I think this is an anime everyone should watch.

Jan 21, 2008 10:44 AM
-AtaraxiA- said:
D: You didn't rate your series, KyonSenpai. But hmm, based on your favorites I can't really make a recommendation, but on your list I noticed you watched Mushishi. Thusly, I recommend Kino no Tabi to you. Philosophical, with an awesome main character. I think this is an anime everyone should watch.

I can't really make a recommendation for you but I can say that you'd hate Asatte no Houkou. Don't bother with it.

Jan 21, 2008 10:51 AM

^ Great Teacher Onizuka.

You seem to like school-life and comedy, and GTO is what I would consider the epitome of school-life/comedy.

Jan 21, 2008 10:58 AM
^Lelangir

Hmmm i think I'd recommend Full Metal Alchemist to you. Although i would recommend it to everyone because its a brilliant classic already. But to you its even more i guess even more to you since its mostly a combination of action and a intelligent part which can make you think...

^MistaCloudStrife

Darker Then Black

Since you like action and like some funny touches too. I guess its mostly in line with the rest of your list.
Modified by Lofoc, Jan 21, 2008 11:05 AM

Jan 21, 2008 11:07 AM

Jan 21, 2008 11:23 AM
Thanks^^

^
I'm in a Shōnen mood today, but i guess if you like Cowboy bebop, Black Lagoon and Elfen lied then i guess you'll like Hunter X Hunter too.

Jan 21, 2008 11:26 AM

^ You liked both FMA and Cowboy Bebop, so I recommend Baccano, which has FMA's theme of alchemy and jazzy themes reminiscent of Bebop. I'd say Baccano was the best anime of 2007.

Jan 21, 2008 11:31 AM

^^

You liked Inukami, I'll recommend you Seto no Hanayome, same type of comedy, not man service, and its mermaid instead of dogs

=D

EDIT : Ops i see u are on hold with that, you should watch NHK ni Youkoso! asap

Jan 21, 2008 12:33 PM

I see you got Eureka 7 in Plan to Watch list? What are you doing, go see it now! :O Finished it myself last weekend and havent regretted it :P

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh

Jan 21, 2008 12:41 PM

I'm going to recommend you Gintama, since you like shounen and comedy stuff.

Jan 21, 2008 1:11 PM

love hina again.
You already watched the rest of love hina, why not finish what you started? :)

Jan 21, 2008 1:11 PM

Kasumisama: Ok pretty much every anime I've ever watched you have on your completed list. xD You haven't watched Baccano yet, though, so that's what I recommend to you. It's different since it's set in 1930 America and has 18 "main" characters. A must-watch, imo.

Vadeka: You liked Bleach, so check out Claymore. They say it's like a "supercharged Bleach." Regardless, it's pretty awesome so definitely watch it.

Jan 21, 2008 2:47 PM

Ataraxia:

(1) I'm glad you're watching Mushishi. =)

(2) I'm going to suggest Juuni Kokuki to you. I'd probably classify it as an adventure/drama/action (in that order). And looking at your list, aside from Cowboy Bebop, I felt like that our tastes in that adventure/drama category were more similar than our tastes in comedy or romance. Even though I'm not really sure about this -- I don't know how much it'll suit you or not -- but I think you'll like the journey of the main character over the course of the series. I don't know if you'll like some of the arcs, but it might be worthwhile for you to pick and choose -- since it seems like you're not too fond of the super long series.
Modified by lowell, Jan 21, 2008 2:59 PM

Jan 21, 2008 2:50 PM

^Since you liked Cowboy bebop i will recommend once again Samurai Champloo

Jan 21, 2008 3:39 PM

You gave Mushishi a 10, so I'm gonna recommend (for the 3rd time, I think xD) Kino no Tabi. Really, this show doesn't get the love it deserves.

Jan 21, 2008 6:53 PM

Arimtage III Dual-Matrix. It's a pretty cool action movie, and I had no trouble watching it even though I've never see any of the other Armitage III anime. Also, I wanted to add that I noticed you saw the Karin anime. Check out the manga, too. Way different story.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.

Jan 21, 2008 6:58 PM

Someone likes the Fightan Shounen. The best one out right now, or the best one no one is watching, is probably Kekkaishi. It doesn't fall into the same 50 eps per fight crap that most fightan shounen do, it's also got a great intersting use of a simple poer like The Law of Ueki and One Piece.

Sam is my sweet peach

Jan 21, 2008 7:00 PM

Ichikiba - You need to watch GTO. If you liked Gokusen, you'll love this 100% guaranteed.

TheWestExit - Congrats, you've got good taste. But you still need to watch Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers because Satoshi Kon is just that awesome.

vadeka - Thanks for finding me one I've watched but skipped listing.
Modified by kasumisama, Jan 21, 2008 7:05 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »