Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2014 8:23 PM
Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not a bad episode, although it was a bit boring. I like how they are introducing the family members of the old cast again. Sora's father and Joe's old brother make an appearance.

I can't believe Joe's brother stopped becoming a doctor!!!!!!!!! I remember in the first season he said he wanted to be a doctor to help people in Africa. You liar! You deceived me and your brother Joe. I sentence you to digi-prison!

Jan 14, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
The Digimon world might be in mortal danger, but let's go on a field trip in Kyoto!!!
Mar 9, 2015 1:17 AM

Mar 2009
This is Jou's other older brother, the dub made a mistake. It seems all of Jou's siblings seem to be rebelling from the father in different ways.
Cat Love

Mar 9, 2015 11:31 PM
Mar 2013
uniquelyme91 said:
This is Jou's other older brother, the dub made a mistake. It seems all of Jou's siblings seem to be rebelling from the father in different ways.
Oh so Joe had two older brothers? I never knew that, the dub never mentioned it or rather made it seem like the older brother shown here was the same from season 1. Good to know that the brother from season 1 never gave up on his dream to become a doctor though. I retract my sentencing.
Jun 23, 2016 8:50 AM

Feb 2013
BlackWarGreymon is gonna destroy all the holy stones, nobody can stop him.
Feb 22, 2017 3:58 PM

Dec 2010
NaughtyNoddy said:
Both worlds might be in mortal danger, but let's go on a field trip in Kyoto!!!

FTFY

Miyako is really a selfish bitch. It is not the first time she behaves like an idiot with an egocentric complex. I hate her, she is an awful Mimi clone. So much retardation.
May 1, 2017 12:26 PM

Apr 2017
tearofmankind said:
NaughtyNoddy said:
Both worlds might be in mortal danger, but let's go on a field trip in Kyoto!!!

FTFY

Miyako is really a selfish bitch. It is not the first time she behaves like an idiot with an egocentric complex. I hate her, she is an awful Mimi clone. So much retardation.

She's not a Mimi clone. Mimi was selfish up to the "princess Mimi" fiasco, from there on, she was a respectable Chosen child.

Great episode, i like when they cover more of the theory underlining digimon world etc.

Arukenimon and mummymon should have won easily though.
--------
Nov 16, 2019 9:46 PM

May 2008
I... kinda liked this episode. The explanation of the D-3 and changing of clothes sounded like (and is) total bullshit once you realize it never affected the org 8, even Takeru and Hikari.

But beyond that... Koushirou wanting to understand the Digital World is well within his character; he's been the best character next to Takeru this entire season - not only for being IC but how he's actually putting in the work to help. The rest? They've barely done anything, especially Sora and Jou.

Ironically enough, the two whose family members I liked. Sora's dad sounds like his class would be awesome to attend. I also like that Shu has changed careers, separating him from his brothers. Hope we see more of them. The overall connection to Japanese lore is fine by me, it's a bit cliche but the idea of more worlds beyond RW, DW, and Dark Ocean I think would have been cool to explore. Helps set up the spin-offs, at least. lol

.......However. They changed it from Holy Stones to Holy Points. Why?? (Shame; if Archnemon said six or that BWG has destroyed 3 instead of two, I could have said they were the Crests.)
May 2, 2020 6:41 AM

Jan 2017
NaughtyNoddy said:
The Digimon world might be in mortal danger, but let's go on a field trip in Kyoto!!!

Basicly my whole thought on this ep.

Sora's dad and Jou's brother is cool though

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 50 Discussion

FarAwayTimes - Nov 12, 2010

30 by ReeeDr »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

11 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 25, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 17 Discussion

Chouninatte - Mar 27, 2014

7 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 8 Discussion

dolphin456 - Apr 5, 2012

9 by PureStone »»
Aug 5, 2023 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.