Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 11, 2014 8:35 PM

Sep 2011
GrayArchon said:

Tyrel said:
I think you fail to understand that if a anime gets a different entry, then the episode numbering also gets reset too; even if it's light as day that it's 177. Also, it's the same shit.

So you're saying that it's MAL standard to ignore reality and mislabel episode discussions just because they made a new entry for a series that didn't change it's name or episode numbering?

Lol. MAL has its own set of rules. If you don't like it, then leave. Hardly anyone, in fact, I've only seen you complain about it from my 3 years of being on this site. Also, go look at MALs rules on how they do it and you'll see why.
Apr 11, 2014 8:37 PM
Mar 2010
Stark700 said:
This is why series such as Valvrave, Jormungand, etc has been divided in the past too.

In short what you're saying is that yes it is MAL policy to mislabel episode discussions as a cursory check reveals that Valvrave officially labels them 1-24, and even Crunchyroll gets the labeling right.

Well as long as it's not your fault and it's just MAL being stupid I'll drop it.
Apr 11, 2014 8:40 PM

Nov 2011
GrayArchon said:
Stark700 said:
This is why series such as Valvrave, Jormungand, etc has been divided in the past too.

In short what you're saying is that yes it is MAL policy to mislabel episode discussions as a cursory check reveals that Valvrave officially labels them 1-24, and even Crunchyroll gets the labeling right.

Well as long as it's not your fault and it's just MAL being stupid I'll drop it.

It's MAL's guidelines. Like I said before, ask a mod about it and they will explain to it to you through IRC or something. I don't manage this site or edit the anime entries for it. The entry still stays anyways. I won't be replying to this anymore. Imo, it's best to ask a mod about this as it's hardly related to a discussion about the episode itself anymore. I highly doubt this will be changed as of now or in the future.
Apr 11, 2014 8:48 PM

Mar 2014
Racaholic said:
Is it just my imagination or is this new FT season shipping Natsu and Lucy as hard as possible?

I think it's only in the anime that they really express that feeling. In the manga it's there but not that as much.
F.O.G.I.D a self made abbreviation no one will figure out. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Apr 11, 2014 8:51 PM

Jul 2010
That music never gets old.
Eclipse project with time travel eh? Seems quite interesting, I mean especially with that op.
So the Grand Magic Games starts again, the rescue team goal... I can't wait till it comes.
Quite tempted to start reading the manga now. I just feel rather happy to be watching Fairy Tail for some reason!
Apr 11, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2007
Not a bad episode but I cant wait for the next ep. I've been waiting to see it animated for a while now.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 11, 2014 8:58 PM

May 2012
My only problem is the facial expression sometimes its good sometimes its hilarious..

Apr 11, 2014 9:01 PM

May 2013
Solid episode.
Apr 11, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2013
<3
Apr 11, 2014 9:06 PM

Dec 2013
I'm not still used to waiting for Fairy Tail episodes :/
Apr 11, 2014 9:08 PM
Jul 2018
Anon1409 said:

This is painful...
Apr 11, 2014 9:10 PM

Aug 2013
Erza is looking sexy in that clothes.
The way Mira was running in the end was so awkward, hahaha her arms >.<
Apr 11, 2014 9:11 PM

Jul 2013
The soundtrack, oh god the soundtrack. Really amazing in this episode.
This new season is shipping NaLu so hard, not that I mind :3
AGGGH we have to wait another week. Intrigued to see how the GMG will be different with this new animation/art style.
Not used to having to wait for Fairy Tail T____T
"Komugi, are you there?"

Apr 11, 2014 9:11 PM

May 2013
I never get tired of hearing the opening song.
Lucy gets captured. While in an attempt to save Lucy, Natsu gets replaced by Juvia in the last day of the Grand Magic Games. The Eclipse Project. Go back in time, kill Zeref. Needs the 12 gold keys to activate the Eclipse Gate.
Apr 11, 2014 9:19 PM

Jul 2011
Is it me or did the animation dropped like a b!tch this episode?. Episode one looked more detailed and sharper.
Apr 11, 2014 9:20 PM

Dec 2008
Good episode this week!

Anon1409 said:

I agree.
Apr 11, 2014 9:23 PM

Jan 2011
I'm hoping that Mira has a big role in the action this arc. When she unleashes her inner-demon it's awesome.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 11, 2014 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
Extreme3708 said:
Is it me or did the animation dropped like a b!tch this episode?. Episode one looked more detailed and sharper.

I think the animation in general is worse. I prefer the old animation much better. The whole character designs have changed so much its weird. Especially Kagura's face. Like wtf? Maybe its going to take a while to get use to it but even then I don't think I ever will.
Apr 11, 2014 9:26 PM

Mar 2011
Boombawks said:
Plot in Fairy Tail? Well ain't this a rare sight.

Depends on which "plot" you're talking about. I don't mind having both types of plot if you catch my drift.
MegacchiApr 11, 2014 9:30 PM
Apr 11, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
Alright! The next episode and it looks stuff's about to go down. Hard.

Now, we get the reveal of the Eclipse Project.
Always a bummer that the old man isn't willing to comply.
Poor Sting for having lost a dear friend. :(
Let's see some Natsu, Exceeds, Wendy and Mirajane action next episode, ne?
And may the best guild win!

Still not getting over that OP and ED, even after having listened to and watched it for the billionth time.
(Oh, me and my fantasies!)
Anyway, so, totally looking forward to the next episode! ;)
Apr 11, 2014 9:31 PM

Dec 2008
I'm starting to like the OP & ED. The art still bugs me and some parts really feel downgraded compared to the first series. Still, so happy this is back <3
Apr 11, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2012
Another good episode! Can't wait until next week! Got a bit sad when the crowd realized Lector was missing.

http://i.imgur.com/tcIm0Do.jpg
Apr 11, 2014 9:48 PM

Aug 2012
Oh yea can't wait for the free for all battle between the teams!
Apr 11, 2014 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
WhiteVye said:
Alright! The next episode and it looks stuff's about to go down. Hard.

Now, we get the reveal of the Eclipse Project.
Always a bummer that the old man isn't willing to comply.
Poor Sting for having lost a dear friend. :(
Let's see some Natsu, Exceeds, Wendy and Mirajane action next episode, ne?
And may the best guild win!

Still not getting over that OP and ED, even after having listened to and watched it for the billionth time.
(Oh, me and my fantasies!)
Anyway, so, totally looking forward to the next episode! ;)

radiating with fanfic ;)
sarroush said:
I'm starting to like the OP & ED. The art still bugs me and some parts really feel downgraded compared to the first series. Still, so happy this is back <3

from the first series? I'm sensing a downgrade in episode 2 since episode 1 :D
Let's not discuss the previous series.. I'm getting depressed :S
Apr 11, 2014 10:27 PM

Jun 2013
everything is looking good, now its just the fight scenes for the next episode
Apr 11, 2014 11:14 PM

Oct 2013
Oh i can't wait for the next episode.

Apr 11, 2014 11:20 PM

Jan 2011
Bwa, wtf is with this art? Score down to 7/10. Drawing Minerva ugly just cose shes evil? Great going.
Apr 11, 2014 11:27 PM

May 2013
The animation does seem to have gotten worse this episode. Some of the faces during certain camera angles looked quite odd. Other than that it was still an enjoyable episode. Lots of interesting fights coming up.
Apr 12, 2014 12:00 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty good episode.

I think so too, this new FT is trying to ship NaLu in itself. ^^

Is it me or the animation at some parts looked icky in this episode?

It seems Arcadios was desperate due to the dire situation incoming.

The OST man...the OST is good, as expected. :D

Natsu to the rescue. Next episode should be good.
Apr 12, 2014 12:19 AM
Mar 2014
Juvia !!

That flashback sting had of lector was so sad.

Cant wait for the next episode.
Apr 12, 2014 12:30 AM

Jun 2012
Extreme3708 said:

You're right.
Apr 12, 2014 1:11 AM

May 2013
Extreme3708 said:

^ This, maybe they are saving their budget for the fight scenes or they could have used most of it in Episode 1 since that is were all the scenes from the PV advertising the return of the anime came from. As long as they don't screw up Kagura beating the shit out of Mary Sue, I'm good.
Avarici0usApr 12, 2014 3:55 AM
Apr 12, 2014 1:13 AM

Mar 2011
AlexGK said:
Bwa, wtf is with this art? Score down to 7/10. Drawing Minerva ugly just cose shes evil? Great going.

Well Minerva was ugly b1tch since from the beginning.
Apr 12, 2014 1:15 AM

Apr 2014
Icebreaker93 said:
AlexGK said:

True that
Can't wait for Gajeel, Laxus and Gray's matches^^
Apr 12, 2014 1:44 AM

Apr 2014
Extreme3708 said:

Defenitely - way less quality in episode 2...

Icebreaker93 said:
AlexGK said:

AnneRGApr 12, 2014 2:00 AM
Apr 12, 2014 2:28 AM

Dec 2011
The plot has gotten really interesting and I can't wait for the next episode to see the fights T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 12, 2014 2:50 AM

Mar 2014
Compared to Fairy Tail, (2014) has an enjoyable pace. We also get an introduction for the two-frontier fights. If they dont mess up the time spent on battles, things are gonna get hooot.Dat OST , Fairy tail is back.
Note: didnt like Gajeels design, Wendy is as cute as hell and we get Laxus yay.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 12, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2007
GrayArchon said:
Stark700 said:
You do realize this is a continuation right?

And I checked CR.
Fairy Tail Series 2 episode 2. Where do I see this episode 177?

Yes, and they continued with episode 176. My point is that Crunchyroll has them labeled wrong. That page I linked to is the page for this episode on the official Japanese website for the series. Even if you can't read Japanese, you should be able to see the big "177" on it.

Or if you prefer, their general story page where it lists the first two episodes as 176 and 177:

http://fairytail-tv.com/contents/news2/

Or one of the promotional pages that lists the first four episode titles in the square in the bottom left:

http://i.imgur.com/hXNDRI9.jpg

Again, even if you can't read Japanese you should be able to read the 176, 177, 178, and 179.

Or Funimation's website, the holder of the dub license, and the first company announced to be streaming the series. And who list the episodes as 176 and 177:

http://www.funimation.com/shows/fairy-tail/videos/episodes

entTaff said:
I wonder what's the importance of any of this ~~

Because first of all it's wrong, and we really should be stopping Crunchyroll's error from spreading before we get things like people attempting to change the episode numbering on wikipedia based on the numbering here.

And second it'll make trying to look up any past episode discussions a pain in butt because this place will be the only one with the episodes numbered this way.

Tyrel said:
I think you fail to understand that if a anime gets a different entry, then the episode numbering also gets reset too; even if it's light as day that it's 177. Also, it's the same shit.

So you're saying that it's MAL standard to ignore reality and mislabel episode discussions just because they made a new entry for a series that didn't change it's name or episode numbering?

Yeah he's correct. This should actually be 177. The way they signify the title's accuracy is by what the studio puts up, if its titled as 177 by the studio or from the original broadcasting, then yes it shouldn't be reset even though it went on a hiatus break. But MAL does their own things this way, this is not the only series they did this with.

It is fine, its not really that much of a bothersome. Its esentually the same series though, it doesn't even have a different title. For example inuyasha created a completely new series with a new subheading and was announced as a new series. I don't know all the major technicalities behind it, but you get what im saying.

Apr 12, 2014 3:26 AM

Mar 2011
Man who care about numbering the episode.
Apr 12, 2014 4:00 AM

Nov 2011
And ofc we can trust on(Cpt.) Arcadios, that he has thought further than " travel 400 years to past,kill Zeref.End of plan,GG everyone" right? ,because a)killing Zeref might cause paradox with severe consequences in present or b) after Zeref dies,someone else takes his place,i.e(in larger scale) events wont change. Call me pessimist, but time travelling sounds a bad plan,when you think about it...

Icebreaker93 said:
Man who care about numbering the episode.

By the looks of the posts a lot of ppl do, but i agree with you on this.
OnbuuApr 12, 2014 4:04 AM
Apr 12, 2014 4:11 AM

Oct 2013
So we now know the objective of the Eclipse Project,changing the past would probably do more damage than good but whatever.Anyway looking forward to more NaLu the fights in the grand magic games.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
Apr 12, 2014 4:26 AM

May 2012
Did the ending song change or something...
Apr 12, 2014 4:44 AM

Apr 2008
k11chi said:
Did the ending song change or something...

Nope it's the same one o.o
Apr 12, 2014 4:49 AM
Jul 2013
Shit is getting real now! Haha I love how fired up Natsu gets - but duuude the NaLu feels just keep coming like seriously I can't x)

Oh but this battle is one of the most epic things ever - I've already read the manga so I've been looking forward to this bit for ages!!
Apr 12, 2014 5:29 AM

May 2013
I'm pleasantly surprised at how good Fairy Tail is right now. This episode passed by quickly...very quickly. The plot is actually interesting and I'm looking forward to where it goes.

Please don't screw up now, Mashima.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Apr 12, 2014 5:31 AM

Jul 2013
Nice setup episode. Quite a lot of progress has been made with good setup to what is to come.
To those who read the manga too:
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 12, 2014 5:44 AM

Jan 2014
I have question Where I can download Episode whit not subtitles?
Apr 12, 2014 5:53 AM

Jul 2007
Ophis said:
Extreme3708 said:

I think the animation in general is worse. I prefer the old animation much better. The whole character designs have changed so much its weird. Especially Kagura's face. Like wtf? Maybe its going to take a while to get use to it but even then I don't think I ever will.

Character designs are closer to the manga now. Minerva's facial expressions too

Racaholic said:
Is it just my imagination or is this new FT season shipping Natsu and Lucy as hard as possible?

It was always that way, but previous adaptation would tone it down quite a bit.

GrayArchon said:
Stark700 said:
You do realize this is a continuation right?

And I checked CR.
Fairy Tail Series 2 episode 2. Where do I see this episode 177?

Yes, and they continued with episode 176. My point is that Crunchyroll has them labeled wrong. That page I linked to is the page for this episode on the official Japanese website for the series. Even if you can't read Japanese, you should be able to see the big "177" on it.

Or if you prefer, their general story page where it lists the first two episodes as 176 and 177:

http://fairytail-tv.com/contents/news2/

Or one of the promotional pages that lists the first four episode titles in the square in the bottom left:

http://i.imgur.com/hXNDRI9.jpg

Again, even if you can't read Japanese you should be able to read the 176, 177, 178, and 179.

Or Funimation's website, the holder of the dub license, and the first company announced to be streaming the series. And who list the episodes as 176 and 177:

http://www.funimation.com/shows/fairy-tail/videos/episodes

entTaff said:
I wonder what's the importance of any of this ~~

Because first of all it's wrong, and we really should be stopping Crunchyroll's error from spreading before we get things like people attempting to change the episode numbering on wikipedia based on the numbering here.

And second it'll make trying to look up any past episode discussions a pain in butt because this place will be the only one with the episodes numbered this way.

Tyrel said:

Its not an error. New production, new episode numbering. NO matter what they call it this is episode 2.

Deal with it~
Apr 12, 2014 5:59 AM
Aug 2013
Guys did Natsu lost his powers for good or was it just a temporary power drain ? I wouldn't like to watch a few episodes of everyone trying to fix natsu .
AdrieelApr 12, 2014 6:02 AM
Apr 12, 2014 6:04 AM

Oct 2011
Chainging the past OMG

Save Lucy Natsu!!!!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.