Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you wish we had a different female lead?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 1, 2020 9:41 AM
Oct 2020
Blind_Guardian said:
Personally I'd have enjoyed the series significantly more if Hiyori had been erased from the narrative altogether, or at the very least, been a radically different person. Reasons:

1) Useless in combat against actual enemies
2) Hair-trigger violent against her allies
3) Hits on Yukine (leading to his corruption), falls in love with Yato for no reason
4) Stupid subplot that goes nowhere with the half-Phantom thing
5) Boring, generic character design
6) Never funny, entertaining or badass in any way, shape or form

i wish there was an upvote button here cannot agree more
Oct 19, 2020 6:38 AM

May 2020
Blind_Guardian said:
Personally I'd have enjoyed the series significantly more if Hiyori had been erased from the narrative altogether, or at the very least, been a radically different person. Reasons:

1) Useless in combat against actual enemies
2) Hair-trigger violent against her allies
3) Hits on Yukine (leading to his corruption), falls in love with Yato for no reason
4) Stupid subplot that goes nowhere with the half-Phantom thing
5) Boring, generic character design
6) Never funny, entertaining or badass in any way, shape or form

1) she helped out in the beginning, but fighting and combat aren't important for her to be good at. what would happen if she were better at fighting? yato and yukine prob wouldn't improve as much. combat isn't the point of hiyori's character.
2) this is just for comedy, she doesn't actually hurt them.
3) absolutely not. idek where you got this from. she was simply being kind to yukine. yukine got corrupted on his own.
4) similar to what others said, this is just the beginning of noragami's story and this season only had time to begin to develop yukine alone.
5) she has a tail and that's pretty cool ig. yato, yukine, and many other characters have relatively basic character designs. hiyori's design works. she's a school girl and is a pretty generic but kind girl caught up in this mess.
6) did you watch the show? anyways, comedy and badassery are in the eyes of the beholder so whatever.

to generalize what i've said, hiyori doesn't need to be anything special to get her job as a character done. she's a kind girl who is extremely loyal to those around her. she sacrifices a lot for others' well being and genuinely wants to help everyone in need. her friends love her for this reason, and i feel she doesn't need to be much more, especially in the beginning of the story. of course, she will need development, but so does every character ever to exist. i love hiyori a lot and i really feel like she grounds the story, she brings the much-needed maturity to yato and yukine, who would otherwise be bumble-fucking around under some bridge starving without food or something. she, as a human, is what very much makes the story what is is. the name "noragami" (stray god) is one that tells the story of yato, a stray god without a purpose. hiyori is who keeps him from deviating from his purpose as a god and makes him a better person.
Nov 3, 2020 7:17 PM
Sep 2020
HAA?! No.

HIYORI KEPT YATO AND YUKINE SANE.

That's why they would turn to Hiyori in times of crisis or need.
Nov 10, 2020 1:54 PM

Sep 2009
I wouldn't use the word hate but I did find her annoying at times not necessarily for all the reasons that you listed. It was mostly for her meddling bw Yato and Yukine that made matters worse. I found her more interesting at the beginning of the story than at the end ... I get her role in the story but that doesn't make her any less annoying to me xd
Nov 12, 2020 7:44 PM

Sep 2020
Yes Hiyori is annoying and cringey as fokk
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.