Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 2 Discussion


Apr 11, 2014 8:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 338
 
Apr 11, 2014 8:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3029
fdsfgs said:
http://i.imgur.com/riXoQL3.jpg


 
Apr 11, 2014 8:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 50
Shirubaasouru said:
03:28 LOOOL

06:07 dat crappy OP

18:55 oraoraoraora

5/10 for this episode.
Should've been adapted by other studios with real talents.


Cool insight, excellent review, such a great piece of advice. Very interesting take on JoJo.

 
Apr 11, 2014 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2949
DylDawg said:
Shirubaasouru said:
03:28 LOOOL

06:07 dat crappy OP

18:55 oraoraoraora

5/10 for this episode.
Should've been adapted by other studios with real talents.


Cool insight, excellent review, such a great piece of advice. Very interesting take on JoJo.

He's jumping on the "David Pro's animation and direction is cheap and sucks" bandwagon a little too late.


 
Apr 11, 2014 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1031
ORA ORA ORA ORA

Great OP. The fight was amazing. :)
 
Apr 11, 2014 9:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 1454
That is one super manly and fabulous opening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 11, 2014 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 314
5/5. the op was excellent
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Apr 11, 2014 9:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 441
ORAORAORAORA. nth more satisfying than hearing this
 
Apr 11, 2014 9:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 333
JoJo talking about aku (evil) 4 hurting woman
I thought about this Aku!!

http://samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Aku
 
Apr 11, 2014 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5027
OP was glorious

Will Stardust have its own Hype Man i feel thats the only thing missing right now :P
 
Apr 11, 2014 10:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1583
JoJo/Mushishi Fridays are the best
 
Apr 11, 2014 10:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1753
The OST is still that great.

Joseph has changed already that much but that's expected because of his wisdom and old age? I miss him being dubbed by Sugita.

Haha, Jojo is so famous with the ladies already. He really inherited his looks from the Joestar bloodline. XD Lmao, those girls were just plain mad for him.I was grinning like an idiot during this part XDXD

Interesting..that guy can damage Jojo's body with his painting skills.

The OP was PHENOMENAL, it showed us the three Joestar main characters and the animations were godly.

Well..WTF that poor guy losing his eye. O_o The sensei was being controlled by Noriaki's stand.

I'm still getting used to this Stand powers and how this show will perceive with them. The stand seems to be some sort of life energy like Ripple but I'm getting a bit confused here. ^^;

Kinda liking Jojo's punk attitude, I think I'm getting used to his character now. :D He gave a hard beating to Noraiki. Looks like he respects his mother in his own way. XD

So Dio was controlling Noriaki?

Something will happen to Jojo's mother in next episode! O_o
 
Apr 11, 2014 11:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
Nuvi said:
Interesting..that guy can damage Jojo's body with his painting skills.
Not actually Kakyoin's abilities or skills, just the Author doing that for Dramatic Effect, which is his bad habit.

Nuvi said:
I'm still getting used to this Stand powers and how this show will perceive with them. The stand seems to be some sort of life energy like Ripple but I'm getting a bit confused here. ^^;

"When first presented, the kanji used is 幽波紋 yuuhamon with スタンド written over it; the kanji meaning "ghostly ripple", marking a similarity to the central power of the ripple of the first two Parts. "

So, yes. Every one that has a Stand is capable of becoming a Ripple User.

"Stands are usually sustained by breathing, and hover behind and above the user while usually being invisible to non-stand users. Most Stand Users can access the "senses" of their Stands, seeing and hearing whatever their Stands can. "

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Apr 12, 2014 12:01 AM
➝➝

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3513
maaaan i loved it. no complaints here whatsoever. the OP animation, though, holy cow. $$$$$$ quality.
 
Apr 12, 2014 12:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 77
kaimax said:
"Stands are usually sustained by breathing, and hover behind and above the user while usually being invisible to non-stand users. Most Stand Users can access the "senses" of their Stands, seeing and hearing whatever their Stands can. "


That was retconned, Stands are their own thing separate from Hamon. Especially since there are Stands that function even when the user is dead, like the Gucci Bag Stand, the Anubis Sword, Survivor and Notorious B.I.G.
<img src="http://i.imgur.com/5NsN8MU.gif" border="0" />
 
Apr 12, 2014 12:19 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1920
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA ORAFUCKINGGOD
 
Apr 12, 2014 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 60
I thought that this episode was just as good as the first, if not even better. The opening is excellent and by god the fight scenes are cool

10/10

SHOW OF THE SEASON.
 
Apr 12, 2014 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 350
So. Much. Awesome. Goddamn.
 
Apr 12, 2014 7:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 223
That OP... it's as if they were telling us LOOK AT OUR BUDGET! I still kinda miss Bloody Stream though. Holly is still Jotaro's #1 fan!
 
Apr 12, 2014 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 31801
Akanezora said:
JizzyHitler said:
Holy shit the manliness of that fight is overwhelming, and is it me or does this season seem to have a much higher budget and more fluid animation than the last
Yeah it does, because SC is much more popular than the previous Parts, in fact it's safely say that it's the most popular Part of JoJo. (Together with Part 4 and 5)
I hope all the parts get animated, I Think it'll be safe to say this production team clearly respects and admires the source material and wants to do it justice, plus seeing jojo clog up the top 10 would be a wonderful sight

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Apr 12, 2014 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Shirubaasouru said:
03:28 LOOOL

06:07 dat crappy OP

18:55 oraoraoraora

5/10 for this episode.
Should've been adapted by other studios with real talents.


Talent=/=Budget
There is no better studio for Jojo.
 
Apr 12, 2014 8:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 101
10/10

DAMN DAMN!
 
Apr 12, 2014 8:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11047
Another great episode.
Will take some time to get used to the stand thing.
 
Apr 12, 2014 9:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7472
Juusan13 said:
kaimax said:
"Stands are usually sustained by breathing, and hover behind and above the user while usually being invisible to non-stand users. Most Stand Users can access the "senses" of their Stands, seeing and hearing whatever their Stands can. "


That was retconned, Stands are their own thing separate from Hamon. Especially since there are Stands that function even when the user is dead, like the Gucci Bag Stand, the Anubis Sword, Survivor and Notorious B.I.G.


I don't think it was retconned so much as stands don't necessarily operate in the same way
 
Apr 12, 2014 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 1447
i get +1 manliness every time i watch an episode
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
 
Apr 12, 2014 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
kaimax said:
judals said:
OK why the hell didn't he continue using his drawing ability? That's like an instant retcon.


Because that wasn't his ability "at all". Araki "PROBABLY" added this scene for dramatic effect, showing the readers/watchers that he can attack from a very far distance and accurately fast.

My theory is that Kakyoin timed his Paint slash, with the movements of Hierophant Green, and it was rendered invisible to the eyes of the readers and too fast for Jotaro to notice it.

Bluntly, It's one of Araki's bad habit.


That sounds convincing if heirophant were actually inside Jojo then (if I understand his power correctly)... so, was he?

and again, how come they never mention/use Ripples anymore?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 12, 2014 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10064
There's no limit as to how excited I can get from watching 1 JoJo episode. That was so incredible!
 
Apr 12, 2014 3:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 17
judals said:
and again, how come they never mention/use Ripples anymore?


Since Lisa Lisa died long ago, Joseph is the last Ripple user alive. Jotaro never learned the Ripple from his grandpa, so that's why only Joseph can use the Ripple right now.
 
Apr 12, 2014 3:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
Wait what? No way, using ripples was introducing as some sort of common (relatively) practice among people, it's like Haki or Ki or Nen or Chakra... it's not exclusive to some characters and dies with them.. it can be awakened by as many people, no?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 12, 2014 3:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3029
judals said:
kaimax said:
judals said:
OK why the hell didn't he continue using his drawing ability? That's like an instant retcon.


Because that wasn't his ability "at all". Araki "PROBABLY" added this scene for dramatic effect, showing the readers/watchers that he can attack from a very far distance and accurately fast.

My theory is that Kakyoin timed his Paint slash, with the movements of Hierophant Green, and it was rendered invisible to the eyes of the readers and too fast for Jotaro to notice it.

Bluntly, It's one of Araki's bad habit.


That sounds convincing if heirophant were actually inside Jojo then (if I understand his power correctly)... so, was he?

and again, how come they never mention/use Ripples anymore?

They will, don't worry, but don't expect too much. Araki has done whatever he could with Ripples, Stands are a lot better because he can invent like an infinite amount of powers and never get boring and repetitive. You will get why in a few of episodes probably.
 
Apr 12, 2014 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
Yeah I don't expect much from it and he did exploit it all but I just don't want them to pretend like it never exists
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 12, 2014 3:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 77
judals said:
Since Lisa Lisa died long ago, Joseph is the last Ripple user alive.


Lisa Lisa is still alive during Part 3. It's mentioned in the manga.

judals said:
and again, how come they never mention/use Ripples anymore?


No more vampires, so no need for it. If it makes you feel better, Joseph still uses Hamon during Part 3.
(Sure, Dio's back, but they didn't know that.)
<img src="http://i.imgur.com/5NsN8MU.gif" border="0" />
 
Apr 12, 2014 5:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 4459
morshuwarrior said:
There's no limit as to how excited I can get from watching 1 JoJo episode. That was so incredible!


This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Also, I love the new OP. It's very manly and I didn't mind the CG at all, in fact I loved it!

 
Apr 12, 2014 6:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
@ judals

It's not really that they pretend the Ripple doesn't exist, so much as it's an outdated technique that is simply no longer useful except for certain situations. Well, stands were a welcome "upgrade" imo, so it never really bothered me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Apr 12, 2014 6:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
judals said:
Wait what? No way, using ripples was introducing as some sort of common (relatively) practice among people, it's like Haki or Ki or Nen or Chakra... it's not exclusive to some characters and dies with them.. it can be awakened by as many people, no?

Only few people in the world knew about the existence of Hamon and how to awake it. The majority of those people died in Part 1 and 2. Also:
No more vampires or Pillar Men = No real need or use for Hamon anymore.
Stands are better anyway.
Modified by Andan210, Apr 12, 2014 6:15 PM
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
 
Apr 12, 2014 10:12 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8849
Pretty good opening.

It lack spoiler but that's not a bad thing. The main villain appearing in the OP briefly is rather strange though. All to avoid spoiling Dio's new look and his super special awesome stand.

Episode is fine. Dat pen's scene though.

Can't wait for the ED.
Demon King of the Sixth Heaven

 
Apr 13, 2014 3:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1841
judals said:
kaimax said:
judals said:
OK why the hell didn't he continue using his drawing ability? That's like an instant retcon.


Because that wasn't his ability "at all". Araki "PROBABLY" added this scene for dramatic effect, showing the readers/watchers that he can attack from a very far distance and accurately fast.

My theory is that Kakyoin timed his Paint slash, with the movements of Hierophant Green, and it was rendered invisible to the eyes of the readers and too fast for Jotaro to notice it.

Bluntly, It's one of Araki's bad habit.


That sounds convincing if heirophant were actually inside Jojo then (if I understand his power correctly)... so, was he?


Remember that in theory, Kakyoin can pretty much attack Jotaro with a regular attack (Slashed with HG arm). Hierophant Green has the longest range, and its speed is just one rank below Star Platinum. Well, that's just me trying to make the scene make sense though.
judals said:
and again, how come they never mention/use Ripples anymore?

No more vampires, so no need for it. If it makes you feel better, Joseph still uses Hamon during Part 3.
(Sure, Dio's back, but they didn't know that.)


Well, there's at least ONE loyal to Dio who has a bad temper.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
 
Apr 13, 2014 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 397
Any idea when the full opening song will be out ?
 
Apr 13, 2014 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3029
marian11 said:
Any idea when the full opening song will be out ?

April 23.
 
Apr 13, 2014 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7472
judals said:
kaimax said:
judals said:
OK why the hell didn't he continue using his drawing ability? That's like an instant retcon.


Because that wasn't his ability "at all". Araki "PROBABLY" added this scene for dramatic effect, showing the readers/watchers that he can attack from a very far distance and accurately fast.

My theory is that Kakyoin timed his Paint slash, with the movements of Hierophant Green, and it was rendered invisible to the eyes of the readers and too fast for Jotaro to notice it.

Bluntly, It's one of Araki's bad habit.


That sounds convincing if heirophant were actually inside Jojo then (if I understand his power correctly)... so, was he?

and again, how come they never mention/use Ripples anymore?

this will become obvious as the series moves along
 
Apr 13, 2014 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1526
From here on untill part 7 it's all about stands so get used to it.
SCARY MONSTER
 
Apr 13, 2014 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
insan3Spectre said:
@ judals

It's not really that they pretend the Ripple doesn't exist, so much as it's an outdated technique that is simply no longer useful except for certain situations. Well, stands were a welcome "upgrade" imo, so it never really bothered me.


It may not be useful to them anymore but it doesn't explain how it is abscent, for example, Joseph knew how to use it. And even then people around the world might be using it for whatever reason. From the audience perspective the Stands are better but story-wise a whole power like that doesn't just cease to "exist" so to speak. So just a hint of it to let us know it's still being used out there would be nice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 13, 2014 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
Awesome episode!!! I like this mc, badass is the name :P
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Apr 13, 2014 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 63
The opening and fight were awesome, the only bad thing about this episode was the censorship...
 
Apr 13, 2014 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 512
AtomicWeed said:
The opening and fight were awesome, the only bad thing about this episode was the censorship...


That's unavoidable though, due to the ridiculous Japanese censorship laws. The censorship will be removed for the blu-rays though.
 
 
Apr 13, 2014 8:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1175
That fight was awesome, Kakyoin seems pretty tough. the new OP was pretty awesome too, i guess we are getting the real ED next episode or something.
 
Apr 13, 2014 9:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 48
Great episode i'm really excited to see more Stands.
 
Apr 13, 2014 10:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 50
judals said:
insan3Spectre said:
@ judals

It's not really that they pretend the Ripple doesn't exist, so much as it's an outdated technique that is simply no longer useful except for certain situations. Well, stands were a welcome "upgrade" imo, so it never really bothered me.


It may not be useful to them anymore but it doesn't explain how it is abscent, for example, Joseph knew how to use it. And even then people around the world might be using it for whatever reason. From the audience perspective the Stands are better but story-wise a whole power like that doesn't just cease to "exist" so to speak. So just a hint of it to let us know it's still being used out there would be nice.


It's not even from an audience perspective, Stands ARE better when you consider the amount of crazy powers Araki himself created. Some of those powers even confuse the readers and are on a scale of almost haxing.

I remember reading an interview or fact that Araki said that he has already used/exhausted the ideas he had for the ripple/hamon after Part 2, and decided to go for a new kind of power in the series.
 
Apr 13, 2014 11:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
DylDawg said:
judals said:
insan3Spectre said:
@ judals

It's not really that they pretend the Ripple doesn't exist, so much as it's an outdated technique that is simply no longer useful except for certain situations. Well, stands were a welcome "upgrade" imo, so it never really bothered me.


It may not be useful to them anymore but it doesn't explain how it is abscent, for example, Joseph knew how to use it. And even then people around the world might be using it for whatever reason. From the audience perspective the Stands are better but story-wise a whole power like that doesn't just cease to "exist" so to speak. So just a hint of it to let us know it's still being used out there would be nice.


It's not even from an audience perspective, Stands ARE better when you consider the amount of crazy powers Araki himself created. Some of those powers even confuse the readers and are on a scale of almost haxing.

I remember reading an interview or fact that Araki said that he has already used/exhausted the ideas he had for the ripple/hamon after Part 2, and decided to go for a new kind of power in the series.

'Hey joseph how come you dont use ripples anymore?"
"Because araki came up with stands"

If you have to break the fourth wall to explain it, it is from an audience perspective.
I'm asking for an explanation within the context of the story itself. Which I get that they are using stands now but not why Ripples suddenly stopped existing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »