Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2009 12:20 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Being a big fan of the TMNT in the late 80's and early 90's, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the art in this version remained true to the American cartoon. Though I am not really sure why they had to change Shredder's default look so much. The transformations also seemed unnecessary to me, but the style of the series was pretty much the same as the original, with a bit more comedy added to the mix. Pretty good though considering.

Pretty bitter sweet ending since Crys-Mu had to trap her self in the process.
Nov 19, 2009 7:31 AM

Oct 2008
American TMNT meets Japanese popculture kids cartoon - I feel like I was watching Yatterman.

Buu---tt about the first episode... Foot Soldiers got vacation? How sweet Krang :D

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 24, 2010 12:27 AM

Jan 2009
I didn't like it... The original TMNT seemed to more serious and in this series there's too much goofing around.. also the transformations in TMNT are not in place.
Standing for Truth. Standing for Justice. Standing Around.
Sep 9, 2011 4:44 PM

Apr 2009
Once I saw there probably wasn't going to be any April fanservice I stopped watching, but it wasn't bad.
Oct 23, 2012 5:09 PM
Oct 2008
I liked how they just had it end with the Turtles using the Special Beam Cannon to send the fairies off to the Other World. I wonder if the good one will come back in time to help the Turtles save the Earth from the other fairies that will appear in a years time to take the other MutaStones on Earth so they can make a wish for eternal life.
Apr 6, 2014 7:26 PM

May 2012
I was actually surprised when I noticed this on MAL especially on how close the style/atmosphere feels to the original american cartoon, of course not the additional characters who're of course totally anime styled but other than that I quite enjoyed this actually, the japanese voice cast wasn't bad either I must say :p

Some intense action so let's see what the second episode has to offer!
Feb 27, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2013
So, Master Splinter was able to deflect a Bijuu Bomb from Shredder.

This screenshot is a good representation of my thoughts regarding this anime.

Mar 27, 2015 9:47 AM

Dec 2008
This was exactly like the american show, except more outrageous antics even, the characters were...more japanese...and the ovices and stories....lol I almost wish I grew up with the series like this instead of the american verison. 6.5/10
May 20, 2016 8:25 AM

Sep 2010
Jesus Christ almighty, I laughed so hard at all of this. First, this Krang voice - adult male trying to speak like a little girl? Then, yours typical Japanese honorifics - that sounded just so wrong (Dona-chan?). And then that outrageously stupid "Foot soldiers are having a day off". Come on, it's mute robots without any kind of instinct of self-preservation we're talking about.
April is sexy (I mean, more sexier that in original cartoon) as well as Mu (both).
Splinter is badass & epic.
All in all - god, I love it so much. Good old American silly cartoon meeting good old Japan silly anime. Gattai!

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jan 13, 2019 9:01 PM

Sep 2018
I feel like i just got a bit dumber watching this... which is an accomplishment cuz i'm already pretty dumb.

Also, I'm entirely not sure what to rate this, lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mutant Ninja Turtles - Superman Legend Episode 2 Discussion

Retro8bit - Sep 10, 2009

6 by Kristiwazhere »»
Jan 14, 2019 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.