Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2009 11:00 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty self-explanatory. There's some reason why you're here, so let's hear it. I'll start:

I think that Faye was the character that I could empathize with the most. She was so tough on the outside but really does have a good and broken heart. I loved the moments in the series where you could see her vulnerable side and that she really did care about her crew mates; Ed in Hard Luck Women, Jet in Black Dog Serenade, Spike in... well, half of the series, all of them in Jupiter Jazz.

She was the most relatable, to me. She was afraid to care about people because she thought that they'd always just let her down. So, she tried to shut them out instead. And she always tried to downplay things that were truly bothering her. That just made her character so human.

I love her character because she's so flawed and imperfect. Faye was different than many other similar anime women. She didn't get the guys. She didn't really have a happy ending. I always said that she got the shit-end of the stick in the end. Honestly, she was one of the most true-to-life characters in the series.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 11, 2012 11:14 AM

May 2010
Faye Valentine to me was a character with many facets to her character, which was what made her unique; she was someone full of sex appeal, showed how much of a badass she can be, has quite the charming sense of humor, and layer by layer the series shows her true emotions as one who has a genuine heart with a lot of love to give, even if the one person she grew to have feelings for left her love unrequited. The old video tape of herself as a young girl in "Speak Like A Child" was a very touching episode as it is revealed that Faye was a girl full of dreams and hopes, someone completely different than what Faye is in the present storyline, but hey that just makes Faye's dimensions even more dynamic in quality.
kanon-chanJun 11, 2012 12:59 PM
Dec 9, 2021 8:22 AM

Nov 2021
It's been a few years since anybody has really posted here, but I just joined and I thought I'd chime in here, too.

My reasons for why I like Faye Valentine so much are quite personal. I had a bit of a bumpy childhood. I won't get into details, or complain about it, but it left me with a few scars. The character of Faye Valentine helped me to see that it doesn't matter what your past is (or if you even have one at all), you can always be who you want to be. You can always start over. Something that I liked about her is how she always keeps going, no matter what. Even when she eventually gets her memory back and confronts her past, she still comes to understand that there's nothing for her back there, and she was right to keep moving on with her life. I really admire that about her.

I also like that in spite of how annoying she can be to those around her, they still do care about her.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » ~Member Cards~ ( 1 2 )

Lady_Death_Cat - Sep 21, 2009

73 by Blaze862 »»
Sep 18, 2014 11:43 PM

Poll: » Faye or Julia?

RenaPsychoKiller - Aug 30, 2009

12 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Jun 14, 2012 1:13 PM

» Favorite Faye Moments

removed-user - Aug 2, 2009

8 by YukiPwns00 »»
Jun 9, 2012 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.