Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2014 8:55 AM
Jun 2012
idungoof said:
In regards to arousing suspicion I have already explained why it should be irrelevant to her. If she disregards her opponent as being able to spot her cheating during the deal it doesn't matter if it "appears" as though she cheated, it would be impossible to prove. Even if they both cheated she still keeps the money, hence why not dealing herself a royal is stupid.

If she was part of the community, she would have a reason for not wanting to get a reputation as a cheat, hence going with something more believable.
Apr 19, 2014 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
Unexpectedly surprised by this one, I really like the art. Here's to hoping this doesn't go down the shitter.
Apr 20, 2014 8:40 AM

Sep 2011
fanservice was kind of annoying but this looks pretty fun and i really like its premise, though it looks like the MC's are gonna have buttloads of plot armor but the idea that cheating is a legitimate tactic with the MC's having no qualm about partaking in is a pretty cool idea

hopefully it will be fun

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2014 2:10 PM

Jan 2011
This show is so hipster, but it's pretty decent I guess.
Seems like clothes are pretty rare in this show, hue~
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 20, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
It's.....quite colorful. o.o
Amazing art and a quite promising show.
Apr 21, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2011
wow this isssssssssss surprisingly enjoyable!!!!!
Apr 21, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2011
Wordsmith said:
Mills said:
dmrch said:
Am I the only one who think the purple and pink colours are too strong in this anime? And I noticed that the brother was introduced as a virgin, but the sister was not mentioned about it. What's happened?

She's 11 years old.

Your point?

at the latest volume of LN, turns out there was actually a huge secret behind that
Apr 22, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2012
The author really knows how to attract people. :)

Three popular kind of games are mentionned, the main characters are very good in these 3 games
but we don't really see how they play to win:
They cheat on poker but we don't see how they cheat, the girl can beat everyone in chess but we skip almost entirely the part where she plays and we only know they can play multiple characters in MMO by using their feet.
That's the only thing i have against this anime so far.

This anime has a good potential to entertain, i hope it doesn't disappoint.

Thezla said:
This really was a pleasant surprise. When I read the description I was sceptical but it was actually really good! I like the premise more and more. It feels like one of those "mind game" series like Death Note, Kaiji, One Outs etc, which I love.

Maybe i should stop comparing this anime to other "mind game" series (death note, liar game, gamble fish,...) because i think it could kill my enjoyment for the games that should follow.

I am waiting for the next episodes.
Apr 22, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2012
loli + pantsu = i'm sold

The story reminds me of Mondaiji, though NGNL is probably more ecchi.. anyway, i like it.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Apr 22, 2014 11:46 PM

Feb 2014
Got myself a new loli this season :P and that spoiler lol....gunna look forward to this, despite all the weird coloring

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Apr 23, 2014 4:49 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

It will have many contraindications, and also knows how politically incorrect, but I liked it.
Too targeted at otaku, of course, but I want to see what comes out at the end.
Madhouse me stupid, did not happen for some time. Drawings pretty good and well-made​​, animated with care.
Color Design, which has a headache so much so varied and shiny.
For now, the plot does not stand out as originality but might hold something unexpected.
Telling funny and a little sad in some ways.
For now, my final grade is 6/10!
Apr 23, 2014 10:50 AM

Jul 2013
Aw the brother and sister are so cute
Apr 23, 2014 12:04 PM

Jun 2008
Kirito got stuck in a game again..

Interesting first episode. Not a big fan of the artstyle though.
Apr 24, 2014 2:15 AM

Dec 2013
5th re-watch - still fucking awesome
Apr 25, 2014 4:18 AM

Jan 2013
Looks awesome another smart main character/s.
(Just like steins;gate, death note, code geass, no game no life has a smart main character/s; I'm expecting some big things of it now.)
Apr 25, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2014
I'll be honest... I thought it would be a failure like BTOOOM! but I truly loved it from the very first episode!
Apr 25, 2014 8:38 AM

Dec 2012
Them colors though..

annoying
Apr 25, 2014 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
Colors, the only thing that I can consider good in this anime.
Apr 26, 2014 9:28 AM

Feb 2011
lol, need to learn how to use mouses with feet too xD

a tiny bit disappointed that this turned fantasy so soon, the real world gaming siblings setup looked more appealing to me

yeah colors, they remind me some works from pixiv, wonder if some artists from there got hired in the staff

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 27, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2014
Well, I went into this show with low expectations, but I ended up liking this episode more than I initially thought I would.

Some of the character designs seem to be a bit generic, as well as their personalities, but I'm liking the set up for the story, and the world.

Also, I'm really loving the use of colors, especially those colored outlines. It gives everything more of a fantastical vibe, which seems appropriate for the world that they're in.

Pretty good set-up in this episode, let's hope they capitalize on it.
::End of Transmission::

May 1, 2014 12:36 AM

Jul 2013
That was awesome, only things I can see me being bothered by are the fact that it's an ecchi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2014 11:10 PM
Dec 2013
So far so good.
May 2, 2014 11:25 PM

Nov 2012
First episode came out as a strong hook. Already, I am interested in the story and the characters.
May 3, 2014 10:13 AM

May 2013
I don't know why but I think Shiro is really cute, I didn't need to see her panties though.
May 4, 2014 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
holy crap i loved that first ep at first i didnt really have high hopes for this one but it turned out much better than expected
Yo
May 5, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2013
pretty good episode. dem colors though.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
May 5, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2013
pretty good episode. dem colors though.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
May 7, 2014 1:24 PM

Nov 2012
The main character seemed badass at times, but I just can't bear to watch this, I find the brother/little sister relationship they have disgusting (so much pandering), also fanservice... Too bad, looked like an interesting premise
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
May 9, 2014 11:25 AM
Mar 2014
idungoof said:
Caleb8980 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Did anyone explain the card trick? Was just watching the show a second time and figured it out.

He had a second deck, it was one of the things he got from the robbers, when he looked at the gold pieces what he was really examining was her deck (not her rack) to make sure that it was the same one. So his trick was nothing more special than a little slight of hand, swapping out the cards he drew for the ones in already had (which was probably the whole point of his story, to distract her). My guess is that the cards were some sort of regional card, so no one would expect an "outsider" to have a set. The only reason it worked was because the woman had too much arrogance and too little respect for her opponent.

Ahh, nice1 :D
Although that is quite an old trick it works nicely with an overly arrogant opponent, especially a cheater. Personally I really like to watch card tricks (magic tricks) at TV over and over again until I figure out the trick behind it, so props to you ^^

The episode itself was quite nice, just how I expected it to be after reading the first Volume of the LN. Art and animation is both great and imo fitting for the anime.

It has nothing to do with being an old or a new trick, it's the most basic sleight of hand move there is, palming cards. The exact same trick that they animated moments before he drew a royal flush. He palms the 5 royal flush cards, discards his hand, drops the 5 cards on top of the deck and draws them while keeping his story about how he just fell into the world today going to deflect suspicion.

What bothers me about this is that the woman doing the cheating chose a full house as her hand. If you're going to false shuffle a deck to retain cards, deal off the bottom of the deck and palm cards on the draw you might as well choose a royal flush. There's no way to prove it happened after the fact as the deck stays fully in tact with 52 cards and no doubles and he didn't even inspect her deck first. This option gives her a 75% win/chop factor (chop if he happens to have a royal) and a 25% win factor because if she chooses the spade royal flush she'll automatically find out he cheated because he palmed the spade royal flush from a separate deck before he got to see her hand. Her choice is some stupid cheating, if you disrespect your opponent you'd choose a royal flush because you wouldn't think you could get caught anyway. Choosing a boat is when you want to maintain a sense of it being genuinely possible against someone you think might catch you out.

I enjoyed the episode but that part was stupid and made no sense, from a card players perspective.

Sorry, noob here about cheating in card games and all, but uhm where did you guys see that he palmed the 5 cards? Or was it just inferred? If it was inferred, where were the hints that the show dropped? How he cheated in this game has been bugging me for quite a while now and I've rewatched that scene a couple of times looking for any clues, but can't seem to find any... One of you mentioned his left sleeve was longer than his right, but his left sleeve is always longer than his right. Would be great if you guys could point me to the little hints given, thanks! Unless this is some trick that's always used and so if someone has a flush, this is the standard of how it's done? And for a show it's a given and thus doesn't need to show any hints and stuff?
May 10, 2014 6:46 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, first episode totally raised above my expectations. Great action, interesting world with the rules and such. Also, I find this to be a beautiful show and then I noticed it's made by Mad House. Love their style in most of their other works. Looking forward to how this one plays out.
May 11, 2014 9:57 AM

Dec 2013
Shit, that was awesome. And MC is cool. I hope next episodes are as good/
May 14, 2014 6:54 AM

Jun 2013
seems interesting...very art..such incest...wow

May 17, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2009
I like the colors, it's refreshing. Also an eye strain, but ah well. Wish the lines were darker instead of pink.
May 18, 2014 4:36 PM
Aug 2012
Beautiful? One bed?? ohmygodherewegowiththeseiblingromance
May 19, 2014 6:23 PM

May 2013
This show is very colorful. The world seems very interesting so far.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
May 20, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2013
This anime just started and i already love everything of it.So Shiro & Sora are the best gamers xD Aahah only by watching Sora playing MMORPG with 4 characters at the same time and Shiro playing with her feets holding 2 mouses ahaha :D She is only 11 but i already love her <3 ^^
And so they were invited to a gaming world where everything is resolved by playing games.And they are owning it ahaha even that girl who was cheating lost to them what a BOSS they are.Shiro for 11 y.o is a genuous omg :D Btw they don't really act sometimes like brothers...more like a couple xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 22, 2014 11:37 AM

Apr 2012
epic just epic
May 24, 2014 4:15 AM

May 2014
My friend recommended it to me and I Loved it! Sora is the same voice as Kirito and he is awesome! Also loved Shiro she is kawaii. Anyways I'll continue watching this
May 24, 2014 9:23 AM

May 2013
Nice series so far, the coloring is really unique and I am liking it.
May 25, 2014 9:51 AM

Aug 2013
I really like the color scheme for this anime, i feel its done very well.

The episode was a bit fast, but its got me hooked.
My Candies:
May 28, 2014 1:48 AM

Mar 2012
Shit first episode honestly.
May 28, 2014 3:41 AM

Feb 2013
Meh First episode overall.

Right of the bat once they mentioned some kinda Unbeatable gamers i couldn't help be like "they're korean have to be" ugh but nope just NEET's.
Right of the bat put into the "Gamer World". the idea that everything and it seems they mean everything is decided via playing some from of game is interesting to say the least we'll see how this plays out. Definitely felt a bit rushed though.
MC's are Ok although the uncanny popularity they've gotten might be a bit overrated.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
May 28, 2014 5:00 PM

Dec 2012
Very interesting art style/choice, it had me captivated throughout this first episode. This is a really fun ride so far and the siblings are amusingly hilarious. This is like Mondaiji-tachi done right. The lore behind that game world was intriguing and the bits about life being a crappy game rang true to a degree. I can definitely see how this got such a high score right off the bat and why it's so greatly talked about this season.

Woah at the end, I'm guessing Stephanie lost everything to that other girl.
Jun 2, 2014 3:55 AM

Jun 2013
This is interesting, indeed. ♥
Jun 4, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2013
This anime started well. Awesome story and style.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 5, 2014 3:30 AM

Dec 2012
This show is right up my alley ( ^ω^ )! As a brother who bonds with his little sister through video games, the characters almost mirror reflect ourselves, besides the fact that Shiro and his sis are super pro gamers; me and sister are no where near as good :P I think me and my sis would have to strictly live by the tenth pledge "just play for fun! :]"
Jun 5, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2011
It's started off pretty interesting. Definitely a unique story. Not really captivated by the style or color scheme. It'll probably take a bit to get used to. Looking forward to seeing how interesting this will get with the whole gaming dynamic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2014 2:39 AM

Jan 2012
Really interesting concept and beautiful art, though the colours are a bit too bright for my taste. I like both characters; the brother's charming and the girl's chill (read: I'm glad she's not an annoying hyper loli).

I'm just leery of whole lolicon fanservice and fanservice in general. At least there weren't incest vibes ugh
Jun 10, 2014 7:06 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm... For a loli... Yes!! xD
Interesting enough... Almost like Liar Game?? But more gentle
"Signature removed"
Jun 14, 2014 1:36 AM

Oct 2013
Can someone explain to me how that woman at the end was cheating? I didn't understand that.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.