Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2014 1:20 AM

Jun 2008
pipeds said:
GreenDrag said:
Naoki-Saten said:

Just watch the next episode. It should clear up a few things...

Can you please tell us now because I am really on a brink of dropping this anime since it really is full of naive kids wanting their own fantasy world. Add it with some fanservice. So yeah, I need some kind of explanation about his communication disorder and how the hell can you he communicate so well like it is nothing. You can put it in a spoiler tag. So please please....

SPOILER alert!
GreenDragApr 10, 2014 1:24 AM
Apr 10, 2014 1:23 AM

Jan 2009
my god, this anime is already ranked #156 after 1 day... i'm guessing everyone here's a gamer
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 10, 2014 1:24 AM

Mar 2013
Regarding the sibling's abilities and how they contrast, I'm assuming:
Shiro (the imouto) is good at games of perfect information playing them out taking the objectively best line to victory. (Genius at numbers and calculations - intro to chess)
While her brother, Sora, is good at games of imperfect information playing them out by reading tells and manipulation. (Genius at his own right - intro to poker)
Apr 10, 2014 1:41 AM

Jun 2008
pipeds said:
swordstriker21 said:
Kjeldoran said:
pipeds said:
GreenDrag said:
Naoki-Saten said:

Man, I can't really understand why this anime is so high rated or is it because of the fanservice?
Oh and did I mention how Sora played all those 4characters with just his hands and feet? Man....we just got into one hell of a @$$!@$.

GENUINE SPOILER ALERT!
At least, it might reduce your enjoyment a small bit...
Apr 10, 2014 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
Very interesting!! Reminds me a lot of "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?" and "D-Frag".

Will continue watching this for sure!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 10, 2014 1:49 AM

May 2013
Vladislav_Paizis said:
It was a good first episode and I loved the artstyle of it, but am I the only one who was disturbed that some scenes looked like lolicon pandering? Shiro is 11 years old and why the need for pantyshots of an 11 year old girl? I know it's an ecchi anime and I don't mind the genre (Golden Boy is one of my favourite animes), but lolicon/shotacon pandering disturbs me, IMO.

Yeah, that was pretty fucking disturbing.
Apr 10, 2014 1:51 AM

Sep 2013
This was my pick of the season and this still blew me away, this was more than everything I wanted.
From what I've watched so far this season some shows have shown potential to be great, but with these two MC's, Shiro being the best imouto I've seen and the colourful splendour that this has, I'll be shocked if this isn't great throughout. Now I worry that no one will take me seriously I think this is just so good.
Apr 10, 2014 1:53 AM

Sep 2009
Dat opening ...
And ecchi incoming
Apr 10, 2014 2:30 AM

Aug 2012
Even though it is rushed, this is my favorite first episode of the season. Splendid indeed. Got me wanting to read the novels... but I'll wait.. I'll wait...
Apr 10, 2014 2:34 AM

Feb 2014
No Loli No Life

Pretty good first episode, looking forward to this
Apr 10, 2014 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
Oh boy, that was great. Looking forward for next week's episode :D
Apr 10, 2014 3:09 AM

Aug 2013
Didn't expect this thing to be so fkin brilliant.
10/10 so far next episode now please.
Apr 10, 2014 3:24 AM

May 2010
Potential best action anime? This is gonna be big this season along with Mahouka and Black Bullet.

The art is amazing, the colors are perfect! Reminds me of SAO. Tbh I am not fond of OP main characters at all, but this might be interesting.

It is good, it will be very popular too but sadly, it will never be my fav coz I dislike OP characters... And I hate cheaters even more. I don't like certain types of perverts either (Preview hints Sora to be one...) I dislike Sora already... Neutral to Shiro as I am not fond of geniuses. It's like there is no excitement when you get a cool OP character who is going to win anything. Will watch it for princess.

I am honestly a bit disappointed with characters. The art and setting is amazing though... 7.5/10 for the story and its execution. 11/10 for the art (it's amazing and the main reason, I think, this is getting a high score), 5/10 for the characters (perfect siblings = the main drawback), 9/10 for sound, 7/10 for the enjoyment.

7.7/10 ~ 8/10
TragicRomanceApr 10, 2014 3:39 AM
Apr 10, 2014 3:29 AM

Dec 2012
Haha. I love this one. It rocks !

- barely alive -
Apr 10, 2014 3:46 AM
Mar 2014
It looks promising! :D
I really liked it. Looking forward for the next episodes

PS. Sora is handsome and Shiro is adorable.
Apr 10, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2013
I actually really liked it, there's just one thing that I didn't like from a personal perspective and that is the colors, I really really really prefer to have my animes not in any one *shade*, It's an eyesore for me.
Apr 10, 2014 4:32 AM

Feb 2014
Quite a good first episode. Something about it reminds me a little of Yumekui Merry, although I'm not entirely sure what it is... The animation and music were great, though. My only complaint is that Sora seemed to adjust to the world way too quickly, but I still can't wait to see where this'll go.
Apr 10, 2014 4:50 AM

Jan 2011
Tyrel said:
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:
except for a few pantie shots.

and thats hentai, u know? and thats imo not neccessary for this kind of story. that stupid young-imouto-sexobject-stuff, too.

What? Do you even know the definition of the word "Hentai"? Not even close to it.

i shure do know what hentai means and it means NOT „anime/manga with sex scenes“. ;p it means „weird/strange condition“ most in a sexual way and showing (especially young) girls panties IS weird and sexual stuff between a boy and his younger sister is also weird.
Apr 10, 2014 5:01 AM

Jul 2010
Great first episode
Apr 10, 2014 5:10 AM

Oct 2011
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:

and thats hentai, u know? and thats imo not neccessary for this kind of story. that stupid young-imouto-sexobject-stuff, too.

What? Do you even know the definition of the word "Hentai"? Not even close to it.

i shure do know what hentai means and it means NOT „anime/manga with sex scenes“. ;p it means „weird/strange condition“ most in a sexual way and showing (especially young) girls panties IS weird and sexual stuff between a boy and his younger sister is also weird.

Wrong.
Hentai, when used by non-Japanese, is a noun referring to sexually explicit(18+) manga and anime.
Hentai, when used by the Japanese, is an adjective which means abnormal or pervert.
Apr 10, 2014 5:12 AM

Jan 2012
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:

Hentai is sexually explicit by definition. Just because you deem something unacceptable doesn't make it Hentai, also, welcome to Japan. Kids these days.
Apr 10, 2014 5:25 AM

Jul 2009
I'm not sure why people are banging on about the ecchi already, apart from a set of bouncy breasts and a pantsu shot there wasn't really any - which is good.

I love the art style in this, the colours are great. Hopefully it will continue to be good.
Apr 10, 2014 5:28 AM
Jan 2014
Lol I totally read the synopsis from ANN the wrong way and thought that this is gonna be something like SAO (NEETs getting sucked in an online game and crap).
Unexpectedly, this is the world that uses "actual" games for solving things huh.

It kinda reminds me of Pokemon where everything is solved by poke battles xD

Anyhow, this one one of the strongest opening episode this season so far.
Apr 10, 2014 6:01 AM

Jan 2008
Oh god loved this first episode, reminded me of Mondaiji-tachi. The episode was so amusing. Completely rofl'd at him playing 4 characters at once with both hands and both feet.

The sister is so friggin adorable and attached. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka and Ai Kayano voicing the mains too, reminds me of sakurasou duo.

Oh, and the colors! So vibrant! If this show keeps up, definitely will be a favorite.
Apr 10, 2014 6:13 AM

Aug 2013
Great first episode :o Definitely reminds me of Mondaiji and Shiro reminds me of Touwa Erio from Denpa Onna.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 10, 2014 6:29 AM

Sep 2008
So far, I find it pretty average.
The art is mediocre and none of the characters have stood out to me. The only thing going for it is it's premise. Even then, it just seems somewhat generic.

I don't believe this will be a stand out anime this season for me, but I intend to keep going with it. It seems pretty hyped, and the novel has a pretty high rating, so it's still very possible that I'll be proven wrong, which I hope will be the case.
KatApr 10, 2014 6:40 AM
Apr 10, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2013
OMG THAT WAS SO AWSOME!
I can definitely feel some Mondaiji, and The World God Only Knows. BUT THIS COULD BE BETTER.
So fast paced. o: but it's all cool. Makes sense.
AHHH, CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EP
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Apr 10, 2014 6:50 AM

Jan 2012
So far, I liked it. I just randomly clicked on an anime because I haven't been following one for a long time, and I liked how colorful it was and all.
I especially liked the main guy. And how he's so good at cheating and seeing when people cheat xD
But I'm not such a big fan of all this fanservice... By all this, I mean "what I saw in the preview of episode 2". Naked girl and random clumsy unwanted boob touch like in , uh, HALF of the animes (okay I exaggerate but you know what I mean). I've seen that over and over ._.
But except that (and no I didn't check the genre, I didn't know it was classified as "ecchi", I toldya I randomly clicked and the summary seemed good enough for me), I'm waiting for the next ep =3
Apr 10, 2014 7:01 AM

Jan 2013
Now this is a good adaptation.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 10, 2014 7:25 AM

Aug 2010
Well, this was surprisingly nice, the art, the main characters, premise and the story, really loved every second of it. 5/5. The only thing it has to do now is to not mess it up horribly.
Apr 10, 2014 7:29 AM

Mar 2012
Tet and Steph voice is not what I'm imagining but it is nice too. Looking forward to them making mundane game turn epic.

Jibril is on the OP too.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 10, 2014 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
Oh wow that was great!
Probably my favorite first episode this season.
Apr 10, 2014 8:55 AM

Jul 2010
This definitely caught my attention, I really infatuated with the settings and plot. Also that Ten Commandments rule of that world simply hook the heck out of my interest. Moreover main characters of this anime is something that rarely to be seen in anime nowadays I believe, the siblings as seen in this episode shows they doing a Mary-sue like power without actually using unexplained magic, they doing that with their human capability, or at least that what I perceive for now. This is what Mondaiji should have been.

Also I really liked that the original creator of this anime Kamiya Yuu is a non-native Japanese. I'm not saying this because I resent Japanese author, the reason is because the anime came from someone who were born outside Japan.
Apr 10, 2014 9:00 AM
Mar 2014
Those colors! The animation is so pretty!
Although it was pretty fast-paced, I loved how it just got to the point right away instead of spending three episodes on exposition.
Apr 10, 2014 9:21 AM

Jan 2011
Cheesekao said:
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:
summerwars said:
Tyrel said:

Wrong.
Hentai, when used by non-Japanese, is a noun referring to sexually explicit(18+) manga and anime.
Hentai, when used by the Japanese, is an adjective which means abnormal or pervert.

for your interest, i dont care what non-japanese guys think a japanese word could mean. only the original japanese definition is correct. „hentai“ means weird or strange and thats it.
Apr 10, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
It was nice, It's kinda similar to Sword Art Online. I'm waiting for next episodes.
Apr 10, 2014 9:32 AM

Jan 2011
ReasonDesu said:
Hentai is sexually explicit by definition. Just because you deem something unacceptable doesn't make it Hentai, also, welcome to Japan. Kids these days.
prensenting/looking at a young girls panties for sexual reasons ist weird. and thats hentai. loving your young sister is also weird. and thats also hentai. hentai is NOT a genre. and i do know Japan for sure, kiddo, and there those desires would be described as hen(tai). and the opinion that this hentai stuff doesnt fit this show dont mean that i hate this show. i only said, that this imho doesnt fit.
Apr 10, 2014 9:36 AM

Oct 2013
Meh, All right I guess. Too much fan-service for me but that's to be expected of an ecchi show. 6/10 .
I am a human.
Apr 10, 2014 9:53 AM
Oct 2012
for people who don't like fanservice, there's going to be a lot of fanservice in this anime, i know cause i read the manga.
but the anime (manga) is great none the less, so don't avoid it just cause its got fanservice (cause i don't like fanservice either)
Apr 10, 2014 10:25 AM

Feb 2014
Nice, going to enjoy this one, so colourful.
Apr 10, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2013
Hmmm, this looks really good. I want more :(
Apr 10, 2014 11:07 AM

May 2012
So colorful, I like this show, reminds me of Mondaiji!@#$%^&*()..

Apr 10, 2014 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
I just wish this is not an ecchi. It really has a good plot
El.Psy.Congroo.
Apr 10, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2010
Good stuff.... Moar Brother+Sister anime....

4/5
Apr 10, 2014 11:36 AM

Mar 2012
Look at some of the LN art and preview for next episode, there going to be quite a bit of ecchi in this anime.
I just hope that the ecchi and harem stuff don't get in the way of the plot and as a substitute for plot.
Apr 10, 2014 11:50 AM

Jun 2008
leeo268 said:
Look at some of the LN art and preview for next episode, there going to be quite a bit of ecchi in this anime.
I just hope that the ecchi and harem stuff don't get in the way of the plot and as a substitute for plot.

Up 'till the end of the second volume, not much harem stuff, and over half of the ecchi is played for laughs...
Apr 10, 2014 12:38 PM

Jan 2014
This is amazing.
On my favorite of the season.
Apr 10, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2013
Looks great so far, very interesting too!
Apr 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2011
Really cool start an very likable MCs.
Apr 10, 2014 1:39 PM

Mar 2014
This is quite good actually. Pretty entertaining so far, and the visual are great.
My only gripe is the imouto. Hopefully, it's not going to turn into somewhat incest or loli molesting...
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2014

502 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 11:42 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

55 by SafeEntity »»
Yesterday, 12:50 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 28, 2014

525 by FarCritical »»
Apr 16, 3:12 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1018 by AnimatedAddict »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

475 by AnimatedAddict »»
Apr 16, 12:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.