Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2014 4:47 PM
Mar 2014
So just got home from work and watched this. Tone is sort of all over the place, ranging from horror to attempted comedy. Voice cast is pretty good there, they have Yui Horie as the girl who looks like a grown up Nadeko. Also Enju and the MC are played by actors I recognize as well. Sort of still iffy on this one, as the comedic bits are not clicking for me, but here's hoping it develops nicely.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 8, 2014 6:24 PM
Mar 2014
It was pretty average in my eyes. The setting is kind of neat, if cliche, and I liked the doctor lady, but everything else just seemed pretty standard.
Apr 8, 2014 6:42 PM
Mar 2014
Yeah it seemed a bit of a mish mass of different things. I think I like the darker more serious ten minutes then the poor /lolicon/ super children parts introduced at the end of the episode. Its like they had a dark show in a near apocalyptic setting and then squeezed a shonen/harem anime in there to cover all their bases.
Apr 8, 2014 9:59 PM
Oct 2013
Yeah I'm iffy on this one too, not really feeling the characters so far but the setting is cool. Hopefully once the plot gets rolling it will get better.

It seems to be popular on Crunchyroll which is interesting, I would have thought Irregular have tracked higher than this.
Apr 9, 2014 3:24 AM
Mar 2014
Irregular seems to me to be a bit stronger and more coherent at this point, but I've noticed there is a contingent on CR who comment and upvote shows with a prominent loli character. Could just be an upswell of that, or just less shows released on Mondays for people to focus on.
I'm hoping this show finds its footing and turns out awesome, the imagery of the monoliths in the background really sets it up well, and the infected transformations were kind of cool. I think you nailed it, it is the characters that are not doing it for me yet.
Apr 15, 2014 6:45 PM
Mar 2014
Episode 2 was significantly better than episode 1. The tone was much heavier and there was no time wasted on lame jokes. Then again, darker != better, so more waiting is required to see if this will go anywhere good.
May 11, 2014 9:14 PM
Mar 2014
All I can say about this show is that it has all the elements to be good, but it suffers from Shounenization. Calling attacks? Superpowered sidekick/emotionally damaged lead character? Aesops about "not being accepted"?

I mean, it's a pretty good show all things considered and it has a good quality margin, but it is basically the same Shounen show I've seen ten times over. That ends up being the problem.

Honestly speaking, shows like Black Bullet were what made me drop anime back in 2008. It's just not enough.
dexomegaMay 11, 2014 9:32 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» MAL Challenge Help

Kikoku - Feb 13, 2016

1 by Gugsy »»
Apr 30, 2016 5:40 PM

» AniTAY 2016 MAL Challenge Forum

Gugsy - Jan 10, 2016

14 by TheOwlWeeb »»
Feb 15, 2016 9:57 AM

» The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behaviour - Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

mdubs - Apr 10, 2014

3 by jonuiuc »»
Jun 15, 2014 5:14 AM

» Captain Earth - Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

mdubs - Apr 7, 2014

3 by mdubs »»
May 7, 2014 7:06 PM

» The Irregular Magic High School - Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

mdubs - Apr 5, 2014

17 by mdubs »»
May 7, 2014 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.