Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji' Gets TV Anime

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2008
Ao Haru Ride and now this, yeeees. Thank you!
Apr 11, 2014 3:48 AM

Jan 2011
Will watch it.
I read this before though stopped reading altogether (forgot the reason). But I remember the starting chapters are fun to read.
Apr 12, 2014 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
Yay!

Now I wish Hirunaka no Ryuusei gets an adaptation too.
[insert awesome signature here]
Apr 12, 2014 5:37 AM
May 2012
tingy said:
Seeing how the volumes tend to rank, I'm not surprised :) This is great news because I really enjoy the manga (though not too much the beginning). Kyouya and Erika are too cute.

Yeah, I am not surprised too, rather, I was expecting it.
I added the Manga on my plan to read list months ago. I shall watch the Anime first before I read the Manga.
Apr 12, 2014 6:01 AM

Aug 2013
Oh man, not this again please.

I mean seriously, the "innocent girl meets nasty guy" trope has become so overused on shojo manga nowadays, and i seem to gradually losing patience over it ever since the rocky relationship between Kotoko and Naoki on Itazura na Kiss pissed me off for the most part. In some ways, it just doesn't strike me any different than some of your standard shounen romcom manga, just with reversed roles (innocent guy meets nasty girl).

Sure, i've read and enjoy lots of shoujo manga with such trope, but it's mostly either because they've degraded too far to the point of "so bad it's good" (Watashi ni XX shinasai) or they're one-shot/having very few chapters and finished in less than 3 volumes so they don't have time to degrade into crap. I've honestly been interested to read the manga since last year, but somehow i just have no urge to do so, mostly because shoujo manga with potential to be long-runner just ain't my thing (Skip Beat, duh~). But again, what's matters the most is executions and i'm willing to give the anime a chance if it's executed well. Who knows it might get me interested with the manga.

Ah, this is serialized on Margaret magazine. So that's why . . .
Apr 12, 2014 6:56 AM

Aug 2011
Amiluhur said:

I mean seriously, the "innocent girl meets nasty guy" trope has become so overused on shojo manga nowadays, and i seem to gradually losing patience over it ever since the rocky relationship between Kotoko and Naoki on Itazura na Kiss pissed me off for the most part. In some ways, it just doesn't strike me any different than some of your standard shounen romcom manga, just with reversed roles (innocent guy meets nasty girl).

Sure, i've read and enjoy lots of shoujo manga with such trope, but it's mostly either because they've degraded too far to the point of "so bad it's good" (Watashi ni XX shinasai) or they're one-shot/having very few chapters and finished in less than 3 volumes so they don't have time to degrade into crap. I've honestly been interested to read the manga since last year, but somehow i just have no urge to do so, mostly because shoujo manga with potential to be long-runner just ain't my thing (Skip Beat, duh~). But again, what's matters the most is executions and i'm willing to give the anime a chance if it's executed well. Who knows it might get me interested with the manga.

Ah, this is serialized on Margaret magazine. So that's why . . .

I know how you feel, but Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji is rather well executed. Erika is honestly a great person and actually kind of teaches Kyouya a lesson which causes him to seriously develop as a character, going from an asshole to someone who's just embarrassed to show his 'loving side' 99% of the time and just really wants Erika to be happy (the latest chapter was perfect). The conflicts that are in the book are handled rather well such as the dreaded Rena arc and the thing with Kusakabe.

I would say that Erika isn't really 'innocent'... because well. I guess it depends on your definition of innocence?

Apr 14, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2012
Omg yeeesss another shoujo!! And one of my favourites! Love sadistic guys :p I'm ready and I love the voice actor of Kyouya >.< sexy voiceee
Oh yeahh I'm ready <3
Apr 14, 2014 6:25 PM

Apr 2013
Shoujo! Yey!

I hope Otomen gets an anime...

Apr 14, 2014 6:40 PM

Oct 2011
lanachan said:
Yay!

Exactly what I was going to say!! Love this manga, but Hirnuaka no ryuusei is one of my fav! >v<

Hiryu12 said:
Shoujo! Yey!

I hope Otomen gets an anime...

I would love that too. >:
But it already has a drama, so I think it won't come true. And I don't even find the translated version of the last volumes. I want to finish Otomen so much. Is one of my fav mangas. D:
Apr 14, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2012
lanachan said:

THIS and the other gems too~ Strobe Edge is completed but it has yet to get an adaption >< PLUS JOSEI LIKE HAPI MARI...and Stepping on Roses!

Amiluhur said:

*checks profile* Yeah, you're a guy. LOL Itazura na Kiss plays with cliches well and is mainly a feel-good kind of romance. A classic shoujo romcom. I think Ookami Shoujo has similar themes but goes in a different direction. I don't think everyone's gonna like the idea of a bad boy abusing the MC but their character dynamic is decent and it's something for the girls to enjoy. :P But at least we agree Watashi ni XX is pretty bad. Just a wish-fulfillment shoujo manga LOL
Apr 14, 2014 8:35 PM

Aug 2011
mayukachan said:
lanachan said:

THIS and the other gems too~ Strobe Edge is completed but it has yet to get an adaption >< PLUS JOSEI LIKE HAPI MARI...and Stepping on Roses!

Amiluhur said:

*checks profile* Yeah, you're a guy. LOL Itazura na Kiss plays with cliches well and is mainly a feel-good kind of romance. A classic shoujo romcom. I think Ookami Shoujo has similar themes but goes in a different direction. I don't think everyone's gonna like the idea of a bad boy abusing the MC but their character dynamic is decent and it's something for the girls to enjoy. :P But at least we agree Watashi ni XX is pretty bad. Just a wish-fulfillment shoujo manga LOL

Kyouya and Erika's relationship isn't abusive at all, it's mostly Kyouya just making fun of her 99% of the time (I don't think Kyouya would ever do that to her it's obvious to see that he wants to make her happy). Ahhhh Watashi ni xx Shinasai. I can't even emphasize how frustrating the manga is. It has nice ideas and it has character development but the drama is dragged on for so long it never fucking ends. I got so mad I just stopped reading it for a while and then I picked it up again.

I wish that Hirunaka no Ryuusei got an anime adaptation as well. Gah it's been so long since I read a shoujo that didn't frustrate me (especially a shoujo that had me rooting for both the guys, which HnR does sighhh). They should totally adapt Akagami no Shirayukihime as well, that was beaut.
Apr 14, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2011
Interesting. I've recently picked this series back up again after putting it on hiatus. Shoujo isn't exactly my cup of tea in terms of anime, but hell I'll give it a shot!

Personally, I think Otomen really deserves an anime. It's too good with the adorable/comedy to pass up.
Apr 15, 2014 10:01 PM

Jan 2013
Omg I never thought this would get an anime. I'm so freakin happy. First Ao Haru Ride, now this. Hopefully more to come. Can't wait.
Apr 16, 2014 12:11 AM

Apr 2009
Looks like a standard Shoujo to me, good enough to watch when the season does not offer enough other series.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 17, 2014 7:16 AM
May 2009
well i haven't much read shoujo series but have seen many [ raws] so i have already added few magazines into my reading list and will read each of them in june .

it is good to see more love stories getting anime adaptions.

vampire knight and kaichou wa maid sama created some void which is completely filled by these few series and certainly by L-DK
latest manga raws/spoilers/covers/colour pictures updates at https://www.facebook.com/Manga.Utopia
Apr 21, 2014 5:04 PM
Apr 2014
gggah I can't believe this manga gets anime in 2014! its just like a dream, Im so happy now, tell me if Im not daydreaming.
and about seiyuu kyaaha i rather like Tomokazu Sugita than sakurai takahito for Kyouya's seiyuu but sakurai is good too, ah can't wait the date of aired. To watch Sata Kyouya in animation oh my kokoro can't take it. seriously what date this gotta aired?
Apr 21, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2011
Tatsunomin said:
gggah I can't believe this manga gets anime in 2014! its just like a dream, Im so happy now, tell me if Im not daydreaming.
and about seiyuu kyaaha i rather like Tomokazu Sugita than sakurai takahito for Kyouya's seiyuu but sakurai is good too, ah can't wait the date of aired. To watch Sata Kyouya in animation oh my kokoro can't take it. seriously what date this gotta aired?

Probably Fall at best. I'm not expecting summer tbh.
Apr 26, 2014 3:37 AM

May 2010
From what I read, it has potential. Will watch it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

21 by VanishingKira »»
11 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:37 AM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.