Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 2014 12:25 PM

Feb 2012
Izumida's final "ab..."
so sad yet so hilarious
Apr 8, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
must.. resist ... the manga.... orz
Apr 8, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
must.. resist ... the manga.... orz
Apr 8, 2014 10:23 PM

Jun 2009
jimjameswhatever said:
Izumida's final "ab..."
so sad yet so hilarious

When he opened his jacket and let it flap in the wind with a tear streaming down his face XD I was too through lololol. It was emotional but I couldn't stop laughing.

Onoda's freakouts are so scary they make me freakout.
kelkenApr 8, 2014 10:36 PM
Apr 8, 2014 11:44 PM
Jan 2014
kelken said:

You're not the only one. Why, I find it creepy that Onoda chases people with a smile on his face. Onoda needs to take a chill pill seriously. And now that he's last place someone needs to put him on suicide watch.

Then again, his personality most likely has to do with him not having friends before the cycling club.
Apr 8, 2014 11:59 PM

Oct 2013
So...Onoda should hurry up
Apr 10, 2014 1:35 AM

Feb 2014
Isn't Onoda already enough of an underdog? Was that really necessary? =/

Oh well, hope he catches up in the next episode. His freakouts are kinda awkward though, they always have been. But I guess it makes sense when you consider his character.

New Op and Ed are funny, but the songs aren't that catchy I'm afraid. ^^
Just sit back, and let your tears do the talking as I save you.
Apr 10, 2014 4:52 AM

Feb 2012
I enjoyed the previous episode (sprinting portion) because of Onoda's lack of presence. This episode, he's back and just crazy annoying! Esp when he feels the pressure and gets a panic attack, ugh!!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 12, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
INTENSE
SO INTENSE
I know that feel, Onoda, I know, when you're behind from your pack and everyone gradually moving forward, you're still at behind, I KNOW THAT FEEL *sobs*
anyway, I was like a proud mom when Souhoku lead the pack *sniffs*
Toudou youuuu I was hoping for Manami though ahahaha
Just when I was so giddy and excited for mountain stage for the climbers to shine..megane-kun DAMEEEee *sobs*
well, YowaPeda, I can't thank you enough for doing stupid funny extra (AKUMADE HITSUJI DESU KARA *snorts*) instead of preview which will probably gonna hurt my kokoro more and more

new OP by Souhoku team and new ED by HakoGaku team woot! I still like the previous songs though
Apr 13, 2014 9:44 AM

Oct 2013
Hmm. This fall a bit cliché. But he sure will catch up...?
Apr 14, 2014 6:43 PM

Sep 2011
My ass is in constant tension.
Apr 15, 2014 9:08 AM
Dec 2010
You know, I like this show a lot, the art, the characters, and the overally plot. But at times like this with Onoda's fall, it feels like they just had to go with the predictable "Hero someone ends up in last place, fights his way back to the front" scenario. The desired reaction to "Onoda is missing" and the crash was likely "oh no, poor guy, hope he still finishes" but all I could think was "Of COURSE he crashed" and roll my eyes. Played-out scenario, IMO.

Because it's too creepy and we all are better off forgetting it ever happened.
Apr 15, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2012

I saw that too. Freaky!

Apr 15, 2014 11:14 AM

Oct 2012

Free protein
Apr 16, 2014 5:45 PM

Nov 2007
I was so annoyed at Onoda (once again)...like,get your shit together and get on the damn bike faaast...stop with the stupid panicking!argh

the extra improved my mood considerably though...Imaizumi in the cinema with bunch of otakus, being totally hooked on Hime now..........and dat Kuroshitsuji parody...
Jun 2, 2014 6:58 AM

May 2014
Lol naruko and tadokora fighting over the water battle xD

That fall was brutal :o You can catch up, Onoda!!!
Jun 25, 2014 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
Black_wind said:
I was so annoyed at Onoda (once again)...like,get your shit together and get on the damn bike faaast...stop with the stupid panicking!argh

Actually I thought he got his shit together pretty fast for once. He seems determined to catch up now, hopefully without another panic attack
Jul 27, 2014 6:24 AM
Aug 2011
Kuroshitsuji!
Jul 27, 2014 9:10 AM

Oct 2009
Onoda is so friggin ridiculous! Like... pull yourself together!

Anyway I bet some divine intervention will skyrocket his last place to the front. I'm so annoyed by the cliches this protagonist has been showing to the audience time and again. ;_;

That aside, new OP by Team Sohoku. Love it! ^o^ Low pitch by 3rd years and high pitch by 1st years, even tho Imaizumi is deep-voiced lol. Team Hakone's ED is not bad.
Aug 8, 2014 4:57 PM

Apr 2014
Cracked up so hard at that kuroshitsuji reference.

Black_wind said:

^
Aug 28, 2014 1:19 AM

Jun 2012
That's weird, you'd think Imaizumi would be wearing yellow as well. .

Not sure if the source is wrong, or translated incorrectly

lol Makishima's dancing is so dangerous.
and Onoda is pretty dramatic as usual hehe

Aug 28, 2014 1:21 AM

Jun 2012

lol xD I was about to make that gif if nobody else did before me

Sep 20, 2014 8:33 AM

Jun 2011
Okay, I was able to ignore the fact Sohoku won the Sprint first checkpoint by luck/bullshit, even though they tried to explain shit, it's still fucking luck, and nobody risk that shit even if they have 0 IQ, trying to justify it makes it worse, but alright, I was able to get past that. A little comedy here and there sounds right for the sprinters since they need to fall back and let the group behind catch up. That's fine and all.

Up until that falls, I finally thought, my God Onoda you had a nice face on you, even when I disliked him before, but the author had to pull some bullshit drama to make Onoda falls back for the nth time. I wanted to see some hill climbing and the author could create the drama there, but damn, isn't this just getting repetitive? Author will always nerf Onoda in some way, to power him up again, to make it more exciting, but it's getting tiring now.

Is there anyone in Hakone that's not fun? :)

New OP and ED were meh.

Akuma de (s)hitsuji desukara
Lol Kuroshitsuji reference.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 12, 2014 6:16 PM

Mar 2008
Pantsu-Raid said:
kelken said:

You're not the only one. Why, I find it creepy that Onoda chases people with a smile on his face. Onoda needs to take a chill pill seriously. And now that he's last place someone needs to put him on suicide watch.

Then again, his personality most likely has to do with him not having friends before the cycling club.

lol omg, are you me?!
i said the same exact thing a few episodes back about how his smiles creep the hell outta me :o

anyways, onoda once again proves he is the right person for a horror film character.
can his reactions and expressions be any more fitting for such a genre?
Dec 13, 2014 2:25 AM

Jun 2010
/Of course/ Onoda would fall down. I just /cannot/ bring myself to like him as a character at all.
Dec 23, 2014 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
Honestly, I'd be more annoyed if he somehow made it through the crash. Onoda is a beginner, it makes sense he'd fall in a situation like that.

And give him a break, of course he'd be freaking out, it's in his personality. Sorry not all protagonists are hard headed dare devils?
on my way to steal yo girl
Sep 19, 2015 8:46 PM
Dec 2009
Wow, I didn't expect a new theme song so soon. I liked the animation for the old one better.

ichii_1 said:
Remember, Onoda is natural born rider he will pass these commoners in no time.

Haha, thus is the world of sports anime...
Sep 24, 2015 8:59 PM

Jun 2009
what a surprise, he crashed.

ichii_1 said:
Remember, Onoda is natural born rider he will pass these commoners in no time.

a natural born rider that can't stop crashing xDDDDDDDDDD
Apr 2, 2016 10:31 AM
Dec 2014
Why do they let sohoku in front because they got the first check point, whats even the point of the first checkpoint i dont understand lol. They just sprinted, won, and fell back
Mar 14, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't like new op or ed. Imaizumi is definitely INTO that Hime movie. He looks so intense with that popcorn :P
I can feel the intensity! so much hype. Loved their reactions to Todoroko victory. Makishima with a smile :D Glad that guy realized that he wasn't strong enough. GOMENASAI ANDY AND FRANK xD
Loved how they were riding in the front of the pack. Now we know how great it feels.
Toudou is a cool guy. i liked him ever since he was introduced since he is quite perky, interesting character for sure, confident as well. Heaven blessed him with three things:talking,biking and beauty LOL.
Not sure how Onoda fell but the intensity in that moment, understanding that everyone relies on him but he is last :( DAAMN Onoda do your magic! you can do it.
I wonder if Kinjou has a thought in the back of his mind that he shouldn't have
taken Onoda at all now that he let them down.
HirugikuMar 14, 2017 2:36 PM
Apr 30, 2018 11:45 PM
Mar 2017
If this were an anime of fights, this would be the moment where Protagonist is at the point of dying, but we all know that somehow he will survive just for being the Protagonist
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
May 1, 2018 10:23 PM

May 2010
starkmad said:
Also, how did the main body of the cyclists miss the fall? All the climbers were in the front, weren't they? Or did they go through a different road since they were climbers? @.@

Why didn't anyone else catch this???
Honestly I hated this episode, because it kept me fuming for several episodes after. I mean did all the climbers just magically teleport to the end of the line from the front and then crash to an invisible wall just for the lulz??? Or did only Onoda somehow teleport to the back or was he supposedly so stressed that he stopped pedaling and was left behind???
In any case it's just unbelievable that his team mates would not notice that he was missing for so long, especially since he was supposed to go ahead of them. This kind of illogical thing makes me so freeking angry. I don't mind the special powers of a protagonist as it's a given thing in shounen but I can't stand teleporting that has no explanation. Ugh. x.x
Jun 12, 2019 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
I like this show less the further I watch. Very bad attempt at justifying Izumida's loss. How did Onoda who was near the front of the pack and directly behind Naruko get caught up in the fall near the end of the pack without anyone noticing? They're pulling out contrivances just so Onoda can be fellated even more as he passes everyone from last place.
Sep 17, 2019 5:55 PM

Sep 2018
Onoda fell!!! That's a lot of pressure to him! He needs to lead the pack too huhu and he's last!! I feel pressured too wahhh I feel bad for him :( he can still make it???
Jul 28, 2020 10:53 PM

Jul 2017
i fucking hate onoda, such an annoying pest
Mar 2, 2021 2:59 PM

Nov 2016
The openings for this series are all heat.

Nice transition episode. Tho Onoda falling behind gotta be one of the most frustrating anime moments.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 12:15 AM

Jul 2015
Wtf is Onoda doing in the back instead of with his team like Makishima (did I miss something?). I After falling into last place (quite litereally), I guess it's time for Onoda to make a big comeback towards first place ...too bad for his team in the meanwhile

Sep 12, 2023 7:35 PM
Jan 2017
Liked the new OP song, but I wasn't looking forward to seeing what happens to Onoda after reading what happened in the manga. Still though, all for building tension and that's one thing the mangaka knows, how to do really well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.