Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2014 1:39 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, (Yami) Yugi actually lost... That's pretty interesting. Now the little Yugi sacrificed himself for Yami although he fucked up. Let's see who is dueling next :O
Jul 12, 2014 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
I really don't like that they make Yugi lose on a filler. Yugi always found a way to win, don't matter the circumstances.

Also, the Guardian Eatos is very overpowered. Absorb the attack points of all monsters on the graveyard is a little unfair.
ViniSDJul 12, 2014 2:44 PM
Jul 4, 2015 8:24 PM

Mar 2011
That was a kind of plot twist. lol
Jul 19, 2016 4:07 AM

Jul 2015
That ending hit me right in the feels :'(
Aug 3, 2017 8:17 PM
May 2017
Best duel in Yugioh
Sep 25, 2019 1:40 PM

Nov 2016
Yami lost and rightly so, nobody forced him to use the Orichalcos and he did it anyway. Just sad that Yugi sacrificed himself:'(

Was one of my favorite twists in this series and it still is. Also, Rafael is an interesting character, likeable and one of the best duelists. Too bad he isn't cannon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 2020 8:40 PM

Dec 2011
Can’t believe the heart of the cards was used against him. Yami never loses so it was good to see him be shaken by a combination of his unknown past and pride as a duelist.

Oh I just realized this will be the first time he’ll get to be his own person right now? Without Yugi, all by himself for once oh noo
May 2, 2020 12:50 PM

Nov 2017
Good Washu Almighty! A lot to take in this episode!

So like in the previous episode, Yuugi has played The Seal of Orichalcos, and it strengthens Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight by 500 attack points, to 3100, freeing her from the crystal seal. But Timaeus disappears, because light and darkness don't mix. Kind of explains why in the TCG version The Seal of Orichalcos destroys all special summoned monsters and you can't summon monsters from the extra deck.

Shit, that Kuribabylon under the influence of the Orichalcos is stuff you'd see in nightmares. Imagine that furball coming at you with full force.

Eventually, Yuugi uses Catapult Turtle to sacrifice virtually of his monsters. Whilst he's on the winning side, Jonouchi says a true duelist wouldn't sacrifice his monsters one by one for victory like that! Indeed, 'cause it eventually comes back to bite Yuugi in the arse and leads into this well-crafted scene.

Rafael says that Timaeus was the only one of Yuugi's monsters that he feared. And with that gone, his chances to win increased!

Guardian Eatos is a boss card/monster. I love her!

Golly, in this episode, the hero failed so badly because of his pride. This is easily the most shocking moment in the entire series. Yuugi lost fair and square! Who ever thought this would happen!?

But it's the other Yuugi who steps in and selflessly sacrifices himself to protect the Pharaoh! And he was basically like, "I still believe in you, Other Me" even with all the crap he did this episode! This is the first time Yuugi/Pharaoh breaks down and cries like that.

Such emotional trauma, a depressing episode all around!
Aug 1, 2021 10:21 AM

May 2019
Damn this arc is insane!!! :O What a fight between Rafael and Yugi! And he lost!!
Oct 9, 2021 8:29 PM

Aug 2019
ViniSD said:
I really don't like that they make Yugi lose on a filler. Yugi always found a way to win, don't matter the circumstances.

"Always found a way to win"? He lost to Kaiba at Duelist Kingdom, which wasn't filler. So he showed that he was entirely capable of losing. Now I'm sure people will say that Kaiba cheated by threatening suicide, but Yugi still made the decision to call off his attack.

In the case of this duel, Yugi completely screwed up by using the Seal of Orichalcos without knowing its full effect.
Dec 31, 2021 5:39 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah sure you promised Black Magician Girl to save her world but doesn't mean you can't use her as a catapult bullet, lol
Aug 25, 2022 11:03 PM
Jul 2021
One of the best yugi episodes ever . yugi as a villan is great
Oct 21, 2022 5:47 AM

May 2012
Randomega said:
Yeah sure you promised Black Magician Girl to save her world but doesn't mean you can't use her as a catapult bullet, lol

Yeah I thought that was stupid. He didn't do anything wrong in this battle really, just didn't anticipate that final card.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.