Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 7, 2014 3:37 AM

Jul 2012
I'm kind of surprised about some of the things people are saying about Honoka as student council president. She's shown how hard of a worker she can be, and how hard she can try to do something that's for the sake of her school. That said, I do think it seems a little weird, but I think she could do a good job at it.
Apr 7, 2014 3:47 AM
Jun 2012
Nose_Bleed said:
As long as every episode has a share of this: http://i.imgur.com/IUQm5qI.jpg
I'm okay with it. Would be a 10/10

Clearly the best part.
Apr 7, 2014 3:55 AM

Jul 2008
Honoka stopping the rain just by yelling at it XD.

Glad this is back. It will be really cool if we actually get to see the competition this time.
Apr 7, 2014 4:08 AM

Feb 2014
Honoka becoming a student council president was a major plot twist.

We saw a lot of Nico-Maki moments.

laugh out loud when Hanayo along wit/ Rin, Maki and Nico asked the alpacas if they saw Honoka.

is this a 2 cour or a 1 cour show?
Apr 7, 2014 5:11 AM

Sep 2012
TsunLemonDere said:
Nose_Bleed said:

Clearly the best part.
The funny thing is, in the earliest PVs the girls are shown giving chocolates to us, to the viewer. But in later PVs this changed... to them giving chocolates to each other! And I approve of course.
OrangeRafi said:
is this a 2 cour or a 1 cour show?
1 cour. 7 discs. 13 episodes almost certainly.
Apr 7, 2014 5:19 AM

Sep 2008
Honoka student council president?!
Something is wrong with these school! xD
Umi would be better pick...

I can't with that scene with Honoka stopping the rain xD
Just lol xD
Apr 7, 2014 5:38 AM

Aug 2008
Fuckin Honoka just got some amazing powers just now.

Holy shit, awesome 1st episode. It must be great to have money to play around with.
destructo22Apr 7, 2014 5:44 AM
Apr 7, 2014 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
hpulley said:
TsunLemonDere said:
Nose_Bleed said:

Clearly the best part.
The funny thing is, in the earliest PVs the girls are shown giving chocolates to us, to the viewer. But in later PVs this changed... to them giving chocolates to each other! And I approve of course.
I didn't see any of this. Have I been living under a rock? But i 100% approve if they put it in the anime.
Maybe our prayers have been answered and the producers are putting more NicoMaki for us
Apr 7, 2014 7:13 AM

Nov 2007
therandomestguy said:
I'm so glad this show is back I love it! I was sad when the first season finished airing, I didn't think there would be another season.

I was confused about something in this episode though, they all looked really surprised about there being another Love Live, but I thought in the first season (I rewatched it recently because of the season 2 airing this season, so I remember this) they said something about being able to enter next time, so I thought it was weird that they were all surprised. Anyway I'm glad they get to do the Love Live it was kinda anticlimactic that they didn't get to do it in the first season.

Love Live! <3

Maybe it's a yearly thing, it just so happened that they're doing it the second time for the same year, which surprised them.
Apr 7, 2014 7:30 AM

Sep 2010
I've missed this show so much! Maki <3
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Apr 7, 2014 7:42 AM

Dec 2011
This was like the worst episode of anime I've seen in a long time... I felt like I was watching High School Musical 3 for half the episode, and then the rain scene was just plain stupid.

2/10 disappointment in comparison to the first season.
Apr 7, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2012
Surprised Honoka became the student council president.

Also surprised Honoka didn't want to participate in Love Live at first.Luckily they convinced her.

OMG MAKI!!!!I MISSED HER!!!<3

MAKI X NICO MOMENTS WERE CUTE TOO!

Love the OP too.Can't wait to heard more songs (especially now that I can somewhat follow/read and sing the lyrics to a degree)
VanishingKiraApr 7, 2014 7:49 AM
Apr 7, 2014 7:53 AM

Aug 2009
wow Honoka got on my nerves that episode. Everyone wants to enter the Love Live and the Great Queen Honoka isn't even generous enough to ~tell~ them why she doesn't want to.
Sure they explained it at the end, but, eh, it still doesn't excuse her. Is it really so hard to tell your friends what you think? Especially since you're a leader?

I'd like to see more Maki, but Nico is great too.
fanshiiApr 7, 2014 7:59 AM
Apr 7, 2014 8:00 AM

Sep 2012
OP coming April 23, ED May 8, Insert Song 1 May 28, IS2 June 11... Can't wait !
Apr 7, 2014 8:16 AM

Sep 2013
It has begun, brace yourselves-
afheuidfhoahfioafhfhiheiofrhiogho
Apr 7, 2014 9:10 AM
Jun 2012
Nose_Bleed said:
hpulley said:
TsunLemonDere said:
Nose_Bleed said:

Clearly the best part.
I didn't see any of this. Have I been living under a rock? But i 100% approve if they put it in the anime.
Maybe our prayers have been answered and the producers are putting more NicoMaki for us

I did notice the NicoMaki scene on the Mogyutto PV. But did the other girls do so as well? The only Yuri thing I noticed about Mogyutto (other than amazingly cute NicoMaki scene.) was how the girls were giving out giri(romantic) valentine chocolates on their school....the school being a an all girls school.
There was also that very adorable scene in Music S.T.A.R.T with Nico rubbing her face against Maki. Just so much cuteness!!!
And of course, there was also those moments in the first season everyone knows about.
I heard the manga has so much more of NicoMaki, which makes me really hyped for their translations. (or some raws atleast. If anyone knows where to find them, even a way to find and import them from Japan, I'd appreciate it.)
Apr 7, 2014 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
I really hoped I wouldn't see eye-cancer 3D. That ED made me kinda sad. Shitty 3D action is the only thing that disgusts me in this show. Seriously, fck it!
Apr 7, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
TsunLemonDere said:
I heard the manga has so much more of NicoMaki, which makes me really hyped for their translations. (or some raws atleast. If anyone knows where to find them, even a way to find and import them from Japan, I'd appreciate it.)

The manga has loads of it, it's only RAWs that I've seen, and 2 volumes out so far... not sure about the other volumes. And importing wise, you can try CDJapan, I think it's listed there. But for other sources, well, it's not allowed here so...
Apr 7, 2014 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
I thought that when Honoka become the student council president it was just a dream

Oh well I always love what she will do
Apr 7, 2014 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
Well, I was initially wary because of the whole 'Honoka is now the Student Council President' thing, but this turned out to be a good first episode. Characters actually remember what happened last season, and Honoka behaved in a way that reflected some of the things she's gone through.

I actually really liked the rain scene. It might have been a one in a million coincidence, but the rain stopped exactly when Honoka told it to. So why shouldn't they go up against A-RISE even if they don't stand a chance? They want to do it and, who knows, they might succeed. Of course, that scene would've been a lot better if it had just gone from raining to cloudy rather than raining to almost completely blue sky in the span of ten seconds.

therandomestguy said:
I'm kind of surprised about some of the things people are saying about Honoka as student council president. She's shown how hard of a worker she can be, and how hard she can try to do something that's for the sake of her school. That said, I do think it seems a little weird, but I think she could do a good job at it.

Very true - I just thought it was a bit of a silly HURR PLOT TWIST, not to mention a bit of a strange decision for her to make since she's still a school idol. But I guess Eli did it and being an idol at the same time. Still don't know why she stepped down. I imagine it's because she has to think about her future or something but I think they should've explained it.
Apr 7, 2014 11:52 AM

Sep 2010
girls are back...... yay............ :D

awesome episode......

5/5
Apr 7, 2014 11:57 AM
Jan 2013
when Honoka stopped rain XD
wtf she become a dovahkiin XD
Apr 7, 2014 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
The show is back with is awesomeness, one of the finest art.
Honoko stole my heart as always and the time she stopped the rain and later, man, dat feel.
Well, she really did become President ,huh!?
Apr 7, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
ChromiumSX said:
I thought that when Honoka become the student council president it was just a dream

Oh well I always love what she will do

That's what I also thought when she walks on the stage. I thought she will be waking up from her sleep after her introduction.
Apr 7, 2014 3:01 PM

Apr 2012
Finally, they're back!

Honoka has weather powers. Cool.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Apr 7, 2014 5:07 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Episode was great until Honoka commanded the rain to stop. I mean...really? Still looking forward to it every week though :)
Apr 7, 2014 5:27 PM

Feb 2014
Nozomi-senpai, my love, let the sexual harassment begin.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Apr 7, 2014 5:37 PM

Sep 2013
That song in the beginning made me think of a Disney movie :P I'm glad it was subbed.

The rain go away scene was so damned cheesy XD

Nice to see it back.
hpulley said:
Magito said:
Honoka stops the rain like a BOSS!
Nike has some competition this season! LOL
Lawl
Apr 7, 2014 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
Honoka became a school president and Umi became a vice-president, that's sound good.
Apr 7, 2014 6:08 PM

Dec 2011
What the fu- Honoka as the student council president? that was kinda shocking LOL and she really stopped the rain just by saying it hahaha

Anyways, glad to see my Nico being awesome again. :3
BunnerzApr 7, 2014 6:17 PM
Apr 7, 2014 6:26 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, finally Love Live! is back. I have been waiting for this for too long. Honoka was too cute in the beginning, haha.

Random not-wanting-to-join-the-Love Live though; I'm not quite sure what that was? Seems like the producers just put that in the extend the first episode without having to put any actual plot, but I guess it's understandable for an introductory episode. I hope they cut out the whole "If you put your mind to anything, it will happen" thing though; not gonna lie, that part was pretty cheesy lol

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes, this is going to be a good 3 months :)
Apr 7, 2014 6:44 PM

Oct 2012
Honoka as Student Council President it dosnt seem to fit at all
Apr 7, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2008
Only redeeming part of this episode was Nico doing her thing and the new OP (which was played at the end.)

The scene with Honoka singing in the beginning was quite cringeworthy. Felt like I was watching a musical.
Apr 7, 2014 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
Nice opening episode.
The animation was good, but something was weird to me about the characters' expressions. Maybe their eyes were all open too wide.
Apr 7, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2013
Love it's back!

Can't wait to see the girls perform at Love Live! Also want to know about Honoka and Kotori's moms history... Cause last episode of S1 looked like they knew each other.
Apr 7, 2014 9:09 PM
Jun 2012
Avegaille said:
TsunLemonDere said:

The manga has loads of it, it's only RAWs that I've seen, and 2 volumes out so far... not sure about the other volumes. And importing wise, you can try CDJapan, I think it's listed there. But for other sources, well, it's not allowed here so...

"Those" sources aren't allowed? I think I've seen them here and there, but thanks for telling me before I ever made the mistake to list one. ^^;;
Yeah, found them on CDJ, I'll be sure to give the site a try real soon. thanks. ^^

edup_2004 said:
Love it's back!

Can't wait to see the girls perform at Love Live! Also want to know about Honoka and Kotori's moms history... Cause last episode of S1 looked like they knew each other.

That wasn't Maki's mom?
Apr 7, 2014 9:12 PM

Feb 2014
edup_2004 said:
Love it's back!

was it Honoka and Kottori's moms or Maki and Kotori? maybe they were friends/classmates during high school. But it would be nice to explore their parents past as well.
Apr 7, 2014 11:52 PM
Sep 2010
This episode was... ok. There is some enjoyment in this, like the beginning song was nice. Its probably the closest thing we'll ever get to an anime musical. And the comedic bits were entertaining. BUT there are some problems. Firstly that Honoka becoming the student council president was stupid, and would just never happen. Secondly they never explained why she felt it was ok to not participate in the love live. And third the drama bit was just pointless, it achieved nothing, didn't develop any character, and was just there to fill in the rest of the episode.
Apr 7, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2008
Nice start. The thing I didn't like much about S1 was the slow pace.
Apr 8, 2014 1:27 AM

Apr 2014
More Maki X Nico. :3
Apr 8, 2014 9:56 AM

Jan 2011
Still don't get the huge popularity of this series.

The school musical part at the beginning was weird.

Maki still the best girl.
Apr 8, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
... The thing I enjoyed most about this episode was the fact that Maki and Nico seem much closer than before. :P

That being said, Honoka as the new president surprised me for sure. Stahp being dumb Honoka pls ;_;
Apr 8, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
For one, the OP in 720p: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1mqynd_love-live-s2-ed_shortfilms
And also the musical intro: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1mi630_love-live-s2-musical-intro_shortfilms

Was quite enjoyable, but drama still don't work for this show. Just give me some cute girl moments and some crazy ass tournament. I want an idol show that work like Saki.
Apr 8, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
I didn't pay much attention to the first season but now with Nico x Maki... I think my yuri goggles just turned on.
Apr 8, 2014 11:14 PM

Mar 2014
http://i.imgur.com/ozBXFCr.jpg
Now please tell me these two were on a date. >_<
Apr 9, 2014 7:20 AM

Aug 2008
So, this show's like the most tweeted show in Japan for this spring season...with over 150,000 tweets!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-04-08/love-live-most-tweeted-during-1st-week-of-spring-season
Apr 9, 2014 8:50 AM
Jul 2013
When Honoka was hesitating about entering Love Live, I was like "Honoka, the anime is not named DO NOT ENTER LOVE LIVE! School Idol Project." Although, I was glad that she finally gained her resolve and decided to enter anyway despite such a transparent problem holding her back. Another thing I learned. HONOKA is JESUS! XD
"Vanish into the embrace of dark flames!"
Apr 10, 2014 8:47 AM

Dec 2011
Here we go again.

It feels weird having this as one of my most anticipated series - the first one was such a shock success for me that it feels odd for me to have any expectations of it at all. But, so far at least, it's living up to those expectations.

That's one mighty change of heart for Honoka. I really don't think she's student council president material. Niko being as awesome as always.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 10, 2014 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Here we go again.

It feels weird having this as one of my most anticipated series - the first one was such a shock success for me that it feels odd for me to have any expectations of it at all. But, so far at least, it's living up to those expectations.

That's one mighty change of heart for Honoka. I really don't think she's student council president material. Niko being as awesome as always.
I didn't realize you were also a LoveLive! fan! Funny we are such light novel fans and yet this idol show is so engaging somehow!
Apr 12, 2014 12:19 AM

Feb 2014
I'm not actually fond of yuri's but I guess the Nico x Maki will be an excemption.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

77 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 20, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

189 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

143 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

136 by pompopuri »»
Mar 22, 12:44 PM

» [Spoilers] Should I watch the music videos/OVAs?

Kayroad - Dec 18, 2023

6 by Kayroad »»
Dec 19, 2023 8:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.