Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2014 2:43 PM

May 2011
The episode as a whole was kind of disappointing - the pacing felt weird, none of the supposed deaths really had any impact at all. I guess it felt too rushed? The plot sounds interesting though.

That said, I can't even begin to describe how hyped I was when the OP song turned out to be that glorious song from the PV. I'm already addicted to it. :D
Apr 6, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2012
Whelp, that OP just erased any hopes I had for this(song is awesome though) I could see rushing it to end after Nanami arc, but using plot beyond that just won't end well.

Man, Kuroha animated is somehow more bland than she is in the manga.

Dashiawia said:
Best girl, aka Kazumi, has yet to arrive.
Yes.
Apr 6, 2014 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
The opening is better than (almost) all the last season animes. And I didn't hate the girl. Seems great.
Apr 6, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2012
lol the op just ruined any expectations i had for this show.
Apr 6, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 2012
This was a kinda anticipated show I've been waiting and it's the first episode but definitely got me hooked already.
Apr 6, 2014 3:11 PM
Nov 2013
I read the first two chapters of the manga and this episode followed them very well. I'm so excited for this show, since I loved Elfen Lied. That op song was fucking glorious! And Kuroha is adorable, Risa Taneda's voice is so soothing. Can't wait for the next episode, it's hard not to have expectations for this show.
Apr 6, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2013
Looked pretty good I hope it won't disappoint. I loved the opening, I'll definitely keep watching.
Apr 6, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Not really sure what to think about this first episode. Goes from weird blush to fanservice (leave to Arms to focus on those body shots) to serious.

But seriously that OP was god awful. What were they thinking?

Kafka-san said:
JivingLotus said:
I bet the two neko's are the same, with the moles being some kind of seal to her powers or something which is why the present one doesn't have them.
This is so dumb that it must be true.

Naturally.
Apr 6, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
the story begins already pretty intense
I liked the relationship between the characters
and it seems that the anime go save on blood or deaths
including blood in own opening, which I quite liked
has much potential ..
________

a historia ja começa bem intensa
gostei do relacionamento entre os personagens
e não parece que o anime vá economizar em sangue ou mortes
inclusive o sangue na propria abertura, que eu gostei bastante
tem muito potencial ..
Apr 6, 2014 3:54 PM

Apr 2013
Well, this series reminds me of Another. I hope it won't go the same way with those "Shock factor" deaths.
The OP was a bit creepy.
Apr 6, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
Sorafyy said:
''Just shut up and show me your armpits!'' best pickup line ever.
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Apr 6, 2014 4:00 PM

Jan 2011
just watched the opening. great animation and the song was kinda mysterious alienlike and so rly good until … until … that shitty ugly dumb dubstep crap! why? it ruined the whole opening.
Apr 6, 2014 4:25 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Dat dubstep in the OP.

A good introduction. We learned MC-kun is a wimp and has an armpit fetish, Neko is a witch, squishy, is moe and has beach body. Oh yeah, researchers are evil (when aren't they?) and the world is going to end.
Apr 6, 2014 4:51 PM

Jan 2013
Liked how it started.
Interesting first episode.
Apr 6, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2012
Nice, interesting first episode.

Great episode!!!
Apr 6, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
So is this anime going to have random deaths in it.

Great episode!!!
Apr 6, 2014 5:06 PM

Feb 2012
Not a bad start, I liked it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Oct 2008
one of the most ridiculous things i have ever watched. so poorly made, but as a result unintentionally hilarious.
Apr 6, 2014 5:37 PM
Feb 2014
Been waiting for this for so long. So happy right now.

First episode didnt disappoint, seemed like a solid start to the series. Now the annoying fact of having to wait until next week for the new ep -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2014 5:37 PM

Aug 2013
That is really mysterious :P
A strange mix of mystery, sci-fi and comedy. Wonder how it will work out.

The OP really gave the tone. It was well done and really dark.

It's from the same autor of Elfen Lied and I fucking loved EL. I expect blood and blood and blood xD

That pool scene was fucking stressing damnit.

That guy is really straight forward... ''SHOW ME YOUR ARMPIT!!'', I've heard better pick-up line :P

I can't believe that this girl isn't the same girl from his childhood... TOO MUCH COINCIDENCE.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 6, 2014 5:42 PM
Oct 2013
GooD episode xD

Saddly....this is 1 cour show , so im sure this anime will get AO ending :(
I hope they didnt ruin it
Apr 6, 2014 5:46 PM
Jul 2018
Now I´m REALLY excited about this show. And the OP sounds great!
Apr 6, 2014 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
This should be a good watch. Confusing beginning, but they should definitely clear everything in time
Apr 6, 2014 6:02 PM

Aug 2012
BigSimo said:
one of the most ridiculous things i have ever watched. so poorly made, but as a result unintentionally hilarious.
Would you elaborate? I mean it wasn't anything special, neither was the manga's beginning. But how was it "so poorly made"?
Apr 6, 2014 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
Aside from the OP catching my attention, this show was hilarious in a bad way.

"SHOW ME YOUR ARMPITS!" Ha... ha... yea... I'm laughing at how stupid it is. Also lol'd at kids on the side of the dam. I know some kids need special attention but how retarded do they need to be to know not to do something like that?

Knowing this was made by the same guy as Elfen Lied, I was actually expecting that girl during the pool scene to get killed like her leg getting ripped off and shit. Was quite the disappointment.
Apr 6, 2014 6:14 PM

Dec 2008
Well, it's definitely gotten my attention.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 6, 2014 6:20 PM

Nov 2013
So far the most interesting show of the season. Strike the Blood's Yukina "No, Senpai, this is OUR fight" Himeragi's voice actress returns as the main female lead for this show too. Can't wait to see how the mystery with Kuroha Neko turns out.
Apr 6, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
heh i normally like to go into new shows blind having only seen the key art seriously thought this was just gonna be about astronomy....then dat op kicked in

seems okay so far kinda found it weird how Kuroha personality changed quite a bit from not giving a fuck seeing that one girl almost drown to when she was with Ryouta
Apr 6, 2014 7:06 PM
Feb 2009
wtf surgery and drugs lol
Apr 6, 2014 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
That "urusai urusai urusai"

Interesting episode. That OP was epic
Apr 6, 2014 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
AlexTheRiot said:
BigSimo said:
Would you elaborate? I mean it wasn't anything special, neither was the manga's beginning. But how was it "so poorly made"?

Ok, firstly there is no clear tone. It jumps between light-hearted moments and tragedy like it's nothing, so the serious moments don't feel serious at all but just silly or really really cheesy. One moment the boys on the other side of the pool are being stupidly perverted (which bears no relevance to anything), the next moment that girl has her leg stuck in the pump (which in itself is completely dumb). The accompanying music is typical and dull and rather than heighten the tension it adds a comical effect to this girl's impending doom. What's worse is the reaction of the people around her. The girl next to her at the start of the 'tragedy' simply has her hand casually on the drowning girl's shoulder, and is making no attempt to get her leg out. We are not even shown the reaction of the boys throughout the whole thing. Of course they would be aware of the goings on, because that kind of thing causes a commotion. But not in this anime!

Another thing, when the main character is at the observatory, and Neko rocks up and he apologizes to her for his behaviour earlier - he just tells her off the bat, in regards to his childhood friend: "But she died, and it was my fault." The way he says it, it's like it's an insignificant detail (even though it's not, actually, because it's a tragic moment that has obviously haunted him ever since. Yet he is still too stupid to realize straight away that this girl is either 100% his childhood friend, or a clone of her - because they look exactly the same).
Though my favourite moment by far is when the main character leaves the observatory, and then, because we couldn't gather it already, he says "I stayed off the bus like she said, but I left the observatory. So now, according to her, I'm going to die." WHY IS HE SAYING THIS. WE ALREADY KNOW THIS.

The whole episode is scattered with moments like the ones above. Characters telling us things that are already obvious. A random flashback to something heavily emotional (Neko's car crash flashback), yet which is not emotional at all because there is zero context for it. Our characters having no clear personality because they're either a walking cardboard cut out, or they're both a mysterious 'witch' and a tsundere (out of nowhere). The entire premise is idiotic, the animation is shit, the music is outdated, the direction is boring, the characters are walking cliches.

Sorry for being so harsh, but you asked me to elaborate...
Apr 6, 2014 7:17 PM

May 2013
Great first episode.

Aliens and superpower, will continue watching.
Apr 6, 2014 7:19 PM

Jul 2009
the leg pool sucking shit was so retarded LOL. is that even possible with pool pumps.

overall 7/10
i like the girl mc's char design. that's a plus. hopefully there will be a plot to match it. not sure about the potential harem though.
Apr 6, 2014 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
Ha so I rewatched with subs so now I got what went on. Still liking the story...
Apr 6, 2014 7:44 PM
Mar 2014
Didn't really know what to expect but turned out really interesting. Will follow. I'm curious to see where this will go^^
Oh but darling, we're all insane. . .

Apr 6, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
BigSimo said:
AlexTheRiot said:
BigSimo said:

Ok, firstly there is no clear tone. It jumps between light-hearted moments and tragedy like it's nothing, so the serious moments don't feel serious at all but just silly or really really cheesy. One moment the boys on the other side of the pool are being stupidly perverted (which bears no relevance to anything), the next moment that girl has her leg stuck in the pump (which in itself is completely dumb). The accompanying music is typical and dull and rather than heighten the tension it adds a comical effect to this girl's impending doom. What's worse is the reaction of the people around her. The girl next to her at the start of the 'tragedy' simply has her hand casually on the drowning girl's shoulder, and is making no attempt to get her leg out. We are not even shown the reaction of the boys throughout the whole thing. Of course they would be aware of the goings on, because that kind of thing causes a commotion. But not in this anime!

Another thing, when the main character is at the observatory, and Neko rocks up and he apologizes to her for his behaviour earlier - he just tells her off the bat, in regards to his childhood friend: "But she died, and it was my fault." The way he says it, it's like it's an insignificant detail (even though it's not, actually, because it's a tragic moment that has obviously haunted him ever since. Yet he is still too stupid to realize straight away that this girl is either 100% his childhood friend, or a clone of her - because they look exactly the same).
Though my favourite moment by far is when the main character leaves the observatory, and then, because we couldn't gather it already, he says "I stayed off the bus like she said, but I left the observatory. So now, according to her, I'm going to die." WHY IS HE SAYING THIS. WE ALREADY KNOW THIS.

The whole episode is scattered with moments like the ones above. Characters telling us things that are already obvious. A random flashback to something heavily emotional (Neko's car crash flashback), yet which is not emotional at all because there is zero context for it. Our characters having no clear personality because they're either a walking cardboard cut out, or they're both a mysterious 'witch' and a tsundere (out of nowhere). The entire premise is idiotic, the animation is shit, the music is outdated, the direction is boring, the characters are walking cliches.

Sounds like you're just nitpicking. I wouldn't judge the show from the first episode. I know that Elfen Lied was pretty overrated, but this seems much better (considering it isn't filled with gore). I haven't watched all of Elfen Lied so I actually wouldn't know how good it is in the first place though. I just feel like this show is going to get a lot of unnecessary flak for having the same author as Lied. I mean, there are plenty of popular shows that have the same problems you've described.
Apr 6, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2013
The animation is really nice and the mc seems very smart. I'm guessing those girl in the ending are going to be in his harem. The girl reminds me of hina from buddy complex.
Apr 6, 2014 8:08 PM
Feb 2012
Really impressed
So far I'm really liking it
I haven't read the manga tho so I can't compare
Apr 6, 2014 8:23 PM

Dec 2010
Very interesting episode for a highly intriguing show! I'm definitely all in on this one!
Apr 6, 2014 8:30 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow what an intense OP, not just the song, but also the bloody characters. Unfortunately, that's the only thing that got my attention so far. I feel like BigSimo voiced my opinions on this, how the tone change is too drastic between scenes that serious parts don't feel so serious. I especially thought this when that one girl almost died. Even Kurakami's reaction felt pretty close to being nonchalant. Also, I like Taneda Risa's voice and all, but I all heard was Himeragi :P
Apr 6, 2014 8:31 PM

Jul 2012
This show looks really interesting. I liked how he immediately tried to find out if she was the girl he was friends with 10 years ago instead of not asking her and wondering about it (like Nisekoi, though I still like Nisekoi) but I don't like how he was convinced so easily that she's not her when she looks almost the same and her name is almost the same.
Apr 6, 2014 8:54 PM

Aug 2012
ar2000 said:
BigSimo said:
AlexTheRiot said:
BigSimo said:

Sounds like you're just nitpicking. I wouldn't judge the show from the first episode. I know that Elfen Lied was pretty overrated, but this seems much better (considering it isn't filled with gore). I haven't watched all of Elfen Lied so I actually wouldn't know how good it is in the first place though. I just feel like this show is going to get a lot of unnecessary flak for having the same author as Lied. I mean, there are plenty of popular shows that have the same problems you've described.

Definitely just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. It's the introductory episode. If something happens without context, that's because it is a relevant plot point to be expounded upon later. If it doesn't invoke emotion or panic or whatever(pool scene) that's because it doesn't matter and the entire point of the scene was to set up the reason Neko showed up at the school.

I'll give you that Neko isn't a great character, but with nothing having been revealed yet don't you think it's a little too soon to judge it that 'harshly'? And, several people here have already mentioned how refreshing a MC Murakami is. Again, we just haven't seen anything to make him stand out THAT much.

And I'm interested in what premise you're saying is idiotic? The childhood friend coming back aspect? The random being a magic user? You know next to nothing about the premise of the show so far, you've only been introduced to the main characters and knowledge needed to set up the actual plot.
Apr 6, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2010
You know what was the best surprise of this show for me? The OP, hell I fucking love it. Need FULL ASAP. Reminded me Monster somehow, except the use of WUBWUB.

Anyway, the concept so far doesn't interest me, nor it's really that original, but it might improve so I'll keep watching.
Apr 6, 2014 9:05 PM

Dec 2011
It's been a while that I heard "URUSAI URUSAI URUSAI!"

I have good expectations. Just wishing to don't be messed later.
Apr 6, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
ar2000 said:
BigSimo said:
AlexTheRiot said:
BigSimo said:

Definitely just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. It's the introductory episode. If something happens without context, that's because it is a relevant plot point to be expounded upon later. If it doesn't invoke emotion or panic or whatever(pool scene) that's because it doesn't matter and the entire point of the scene was to set up the reason Neko showed up at the school.

I'll give you that Neko isn't a great character, but with nothing having been revealed yet don't you think it's a little too soon to judge it that 'harshly'? And, several people here have already mentioned how refreshing a MC Murakami is. Again, we just haven't seen anything to make him stand out THAT much.

And I'm interested in what premise you're saying is idiotic? The childhood friend coming back aspect? The random being a magic user? You know next to nothing about the premise of the show so far, you've only been introduced to the main characters and knowledge needed to set up the actual plot.

Haha I think don't think you should quote me with that post.

I do agree with you though. I hope this won't end up like EL though, even if other people might want it to.
Apr 6, 2014 9:08 PM
Oct 2013
Looks good so far but, are they trying to tell the whole story in 12/3 episodes? If so that'd be bad.

And OP is awesome.
Apr 6, 2014 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
tingy said:
Also, I like Taneda Risa's voice and all, but I all heard was Himeragi :P

Good thing we'll never hear Kuroha say "that" line in this series XD

It was kind of hard for me to get excited or go all "woah!" because I knew what was going to happen but it was definitely nice to see Kuroha animated. Can't wait for Kana :p
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 6, 2014 9:17 PM

Apr 2010
First Kuroneko lost to her boyfriend's sister and now she died. R.I.P. in peace Kuroneko.
Apr 6, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2012
Great cap ,Kuroneko is very nice!
Apr 6, 2014 9:36 PM
Mar 2009
That OP sequence was pretty cool with the transitions. But, this is the first time I've watched a show without a song with lyrics to go along with it.

Wasn't a bad first episode. Kuroha is giving off a tsundere vibe though.

I'm thinking Kuroneko was taken away after the fall, and turned into a "magician." Also thinking the "alien" she saw was really a test subject magician.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.